When they grasp the game

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

martindogger #41 Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34048 battles
  • [EMRS]
Most useful advice that keep popping up.
Don't rush the tiers. Getting to tier V and higher is NOT the main goal of the game. Try to as much lines at the same time so you build up on map knowledge and general battle awareness.

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

_NormanP_ #42 Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31147 battles
  • [ALBA]

Massive noob hit following Japanese line, struggling to get back what I've lost.

panther is doing my head in, despite carrying I seem to be last one standing against three or four most games .. Is this the curse of Christmas holidays with all the kiddies?

starting the long haul back, I'll get there grinding away. Win rate starting to pick up.

You never know by another 10k games I may have a decent win rate lol.

I AM A NOOB, but in realising it I am progressing.

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

Everyone started out as a Noob, just taking me longer to grow up :)

Fury_733 #43 Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles

That was me exactly before I joined clan Empros. Credit earning is probably the job to be done after you rise up your win rate. 

I had 45 winrate a month ago, but after I kept trying to rise it up, I was able to rise it up to 47.50.

Good luck ;) 

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

Just_merpug #44 Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58087 battles
  • [AFK]
It's taken me a while to get round to thinking this way... will grind back down some of the trees soon, started revisiting the lower Russian heavies, thinking about mastering each tank rather than just grinding to the upgrade. Doubt I'll ever achieve stunning winrates, as my reaction speeds are garbage, though. But the bloody AT8 and Caernarvon frustrate the hell out of me, so will keep grinding them. It's got to be possible to kill things and not die...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

bazzaw156 #45 Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 66356 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Post_NormanP_, on 04 January 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Massive noob hit following Japanese line, struggling to get back what I've lost.

panther is doing my head in, despite carrying I seem to be last one standing against three or four most games .. Is this the curse of Christmas holidays with all the kiddies?

starting the long haul back, I'll get there grinding away. Win rate starting to pick up.

You never know by another 10k games I may have a decent win rate lol.

I AM A NOOB, but in realising it I am progressing.

I can very much sympathize with this, Im sure it is the Xmas kiddies joining the game, Ive checked the stats after every game and there is an awful lot that are less than 100 battles, even one of them had 36 battles and he was driving a bought JgTig.8,8, and he had absolutely no clue how to use it. This is why its hard to keep your win rate up.

Ive actually gone back to the beginning again to try and repair my win rate stats, and its working! I have started with the tier 1 tanks again and ive managed to get them above 50% WR so far, and it really works, practicing your skills against weak players. Ive learned how to plan my strategy, use the map to my best ability, situational awareness, noting which of the enemy tanks are racking up the kills, watching out for the lunatic drivers that come in full speed trying to take you out. All these things give you an edge. Im still useless against the top players, but im getting better, and its good education to be up against a unicom in a small tank. Its so much fun when you actually beat a tank with your own skill when HE thinks he can beat you. Anyone can just sit there not moving and exchanging shots at each other, but it takes skill to be able to outmaneuver and out think an opponent, taking his tank to the cleaners without loosing much of your own HP.

martindogger #46 Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34048 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postbazzaw156, on 05 January 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Ive actually gone back to the beginning again to try and repair my win rate stats, and its working! I have started with the tier 1 tanks again and ive managed to get them above 50% WR so far, and it really works, practicing your skills against weak players. Ive learned how to plan my strategy, use the map to my best ability, situational awareness, noting which of the enemy tanks are racking up the kills, watching out for the lunatic drivers that come in full speed trying to take you out. All these things give you an edge. Im still useless against the top players, but im getting better, and its good education to be up against a unicom in a small tank. 

Good to read this and see you have taken our advice seriously AND took actually took action. 

Well done and keep going like this bazzaw.

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

MeetThyDoom #47 Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17715 battles
  • [IRMA]

View Post_NormanP_, on 20 August 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Hi

Even with the amount of battles under my belt that I have, I am a Noob.

This is because I used to rush in and get destroyed early trying to earn credits.

Since joining this forum I have realised that credit earning is not the be all and end of all things WOTB.

So, I have started the mammoth task of getting my overall win rate over 50%, my hit rate up to 80% and try getting better at gaining Mastery. I have #1, #2 and three regularly now. I have had Ace on a few tanks but am concentrating on a smaller garage now.

So, once again, Hi I'm a noob but I'm rapidly learning the tactics needed to succeed. Have some patience please I may still noob out once in a while lol.

I'm on my way up to a 50% win rate, have gained 2% over the last few months. The reason for my poor win rate in the first place is becuase for my first 2,000 battles I used to fail-toon all the time. It was fun while it lasted...penetrating the back ends of IS n T29 tanks...before the T2 light got nurfed. but if I'd kept on doing it I'd probably have a 0% wnrate by now lol. 

Anyway, good luck!

Check out some of my guides, I'm sure they'll be of use to you.

Guide to the KV-2  Guide to Tank Destroyers  Guide to Armour  Guide to Light Tanks  Guide to not being seen,

MosjeDayan #48 Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28625 battles

Leo you noob. 

Daily business. 

This morning again. Dessert map (that one with the train). Last man against two tanks in my Leo PTA. Killed a Russian heavy with HEAT. Only a AT15 left with good health. A building between us. So I ran off in the dessert out of his view. 'Leo you noob' said one of the dead teammates.It looked like a fled. But it wasn't, I had time enough so flanked the map and popped up behind the AT15 (of course on his way to cap the base) and killed him. Too dangerous to peek a boom or brawl with a AT15. 

MosjeDayan #49 Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28625 battles

"Leo, you motherf ucker" said the T-54 (had a nice chat after the battle btw)

Posted Image

And this?? What did he say? 

Posted Image

The battle results from that game. 

Posted Image

bazzaw156 #50 Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 66356 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postmartindogger, on 05 January 2016 - 05:48 PM, said:

Good to read this and see you have taken our advice seriously AND took actually took action. 

Well done and keep going like this bazzaw.

Thanks Martin :-) appreciate the comments, please take a look at my stats on the tier 1 to tier 3, ive got some of my tanks above the 60% WR now :-) Im still working on tier 3 at the moment its a long grind getting those WR's up ;-) But ye the advice works, ive got better each time.

and guess what? Ive now got 4 ACE tanker medals in the process :-)

Y4533N #51 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26453 battles
  • [IMM0R]
Just simply look at vids and tips found all over the web and you're one step closer from being a noob a thing in the past - even players who aren't noobs with good wr can noob out in the odd game and lose but just learn from ur mistake :)

Clan Leader of RIOT      Several WOTB clans use our clan bot and we have 2 clan servers - so we are very active. Join the public Discord Server WITH discord link:-  https://discord.gg/uwSNe5T & WE HAVE OUR OWN Discord bot with over 4000 users!   "When I die, I want WG to lower me in the Grave so they can let me down one last time"  - Y4533N.  :teethhappy:

Y4533N #52 Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26453 battles
  • [IMM0R]
I can honestly  remember when I had 48%wr for about ~1k battles when I first joined

Clan Leader of RIOT      Several WOTB clans use our clan bot and we have 2 clan servers - so we are very active. Join the public Discord Server WITH discord link:-  https://discord.gg/uwSNe5T & WE HAVE OUR OWN Discord bot with over 4000 users!   "When I die, I want WG to lower me in the Grave so they can let me down one last time"  - Y4533N.  :teethhappy:

Dassem_ #53 Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32093 battles
  • [AFK]

being a noob has nothing to do with winrate.

youre no longer a noob when you start trying to do the right things, including:

- going one of the right ways on maps

- deciding where to go based on what your teammates do, not what you want to do.

- following orders when the majority of the team does it (not being the one tank that goes the other way)

- maximize the strengths of your vehicle. (dont take your armor sniping/camping, dont be stationary in a fast tank, etc.)

- keep track of where your team and the reds are in relation to yourself

when you try to do this, succeeding is not required, youre no longer a noob imo. :)

(you may still be a bad player, but thats ok. being bad is natural, being a noob is shameful)

Check out The Dassem Channel

Brawling_Bomber #54 Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46720 battles
  • [VG]

Your no longer a noob when you listen to ingame instructions -

Noob: Capture Base

Team: Negative

Team: Negative, Help !

( Noob player dies alone while sitting on cap )

Team: You idiot Noob

Noob: No you are all noooobbbbsss.

( Team goes goes on to win game )

Edited by Warren5, 12 January 2016 - 05:41 PM.

epitaechisma #55 Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8966 battles
  • [UTB]

View PostWarren5, on 12 January 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Weeeeeell, idk.

Seems a bit too easy to me. 

Falls Creek:

Team: All go bridge, stay together or we die!

Noob: Ok.

Whole team goes to the bridge and finds nobody. Whole team rushes the bridge. Meanwhile the enemy starts to cap. Whole team sits on the mountains and trys to snipe into cap (which is of course impossible due to the buildings) and gets smacked by the enemy forces who defend the cap in a proper way and have lots of cover while your team goes at them one by one and dies on the open ground.

Noob: U all Noooooooobz!

Team: U nooooob 2!!!!

As you can see, it's not always intelligent to agree with everything some one or two teammates scream in the beginning of the battle. 

How to not be a noob, then? There are five basic rules:

(0. Look at the team list and think about the map and the best tactic, you would choose. If you're an experienced player you can also propose your plan in the beginning of the battle (stay polite pls).)

1. Try to always go with your team (never play the lone wolf).

2. Question the decision your team makes in the beginning of the battle based on your view on the teamlists and your strategic knowledge and try to propose alternative options if you think your team is going to make a stupid decision.

3. If so, try to convince them (not wasting too much time).

4. If you cant convince them, go with them, no matter how stupid their plan is and try to do your best.

5. Never ever demoralize or offend your team in the beginning of a battle. If they want to go bridge on falls creek let them do so (after you tryed to convince them not to do so with decent words). Dont call them noobs, dont write "we will loose". It's stupid and noobish to do such things, because they minimize your chance of winning and make your team despise you and refuse to cooperate with you.

0. is only for more experienced players. If you dont know the map, dont make suggestions. But whether you're an unexperienced or experienced player, always take a look at the team list (your tanks, the enemy tanks and the relation between meds and heavys on both teams). Imagine what is likely to happen.

Edited by epitaechisma, 12 January 2016 - 06:07 PM.

[UTB]

boz_83 #56 Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15701 battles
  • [SPRTA]
When he lives long enough to see himself become a try hard :)

Fury_733 #57 Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles

View PostWarren5, on 13 January 2016 - 03:39 AM, said:

Haha so true :D

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

Just_merpug #58 Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58087 battles
  • [AFK]

Falls Creek, SE side, me in my Tilly. Start heading for cap. Team follows, including someone spamming "Capture the base". Get to metal bridge. PIV failing to hide behind silos, taking damage, so keep going and kill it. Then notice that a) reds have reached cap and b) team are all sitting on the far bank. A fast and painful death and a lost game follow.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Sporran_EAFGF #59 Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3438 battles
  • [TARTS]

Does it really matter, be it noob, reroll, tryhard, nolifer etc etc etc, someone will always find some reason to find fault and call you something, its the nature of WG games. 15 strangers vs 15 strangers ( 7v7 in blitz ) with no team allegiance.

You compete for damage/kills with 15 ( 7 ) of them and the other 15 ( 7 ) try and kill you,

Take what enjoyment you can from the game, but remember, its not actually important. Others will have their own frustrations and that will exhibit itself no matter what you do.

So have fun and good luck.

PS: this is played by folks on phones, tablets, ipads and full blown gaming pc's.. so calling anyone names based on their stats is kinda lame.

Edited by Sporran_EAFGF, 06 February 2016 - 10:14 PM.

armandssvagers123 #60 Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25226 battles
  • [-LV-]

Idk, 

I dont play for stats, or for credits, i dont play for dmg or for kills...

I play for FUN

Nothing else matters. 

I hawe been called 'noob' when i got 4-5k dmg with my obj704, i hawe benn called idio t, when i stand last in my team and got draw... 

Really i dont care stats and other opinion about me.... :) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users