• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

ost4pops #21 Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17934 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostSteelyvoid, on 27 November 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Nah - I don't buy that.  I've worked in software support for 30 years and I know a resource leak when I see one.  Its never crashed for me on my first battle after startup, which tells me that, in principle, there's enough memory/resources whatever in the iPad to handle the game at high settings, but it consistently crashes after a small number of battles (sometimes on the very next battle, sometimes after 4-5 if I've forgotten to restart the client).  The game is clearly leaking resources from battle to battle.  

The fact that no-one else sees the problem (or it crashes so infrequently that folks don't see a pattern) suggests to me that the game is using "garbage collection" at some level to recover memory resources that aren't in use any more, and this presumably isn't kicking in in time for me.

Maybe a heat problem?

How many FPS do you get on high setting?

I have Ipad 4 and run it on medium (some setting on low). I want FPS more than i want eye candy :girl:

metalcodger #22 Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12958 battles
  • [AFK]
Reboot the iPad, make sure you have no other apps open....this seems to work fine on my ipad2

Remember folks it's just a game!

barti_xanti #23 Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postmetalcodger, on 28 November 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

Reboot the iPad, make sure you have no other apps open....this seems to work fine on my ipad2

Basicly this. I'm sorry to say this but The ipad 2 is very dated by todays standard. Heck i ve been on an ipad 1 myself

for 3 years and i remembered how slow that one was and i know yours have 2x the cpu capicety  of it but it also has to run the newest version of ios.

Ipad 2 only has 512mb of ram wich a good portion  goes to the ios then maybe some background apps and wot might be just pushing it to mich for the cpu and ram. Especially if you want to run high settings. I would take the advice of what people said here restart device make sure you re up to date close all background apps or maybe downgrade ios or reinstall fresh os also make sure you have enough spare room left on the ipad and see or thats more stable.

llo1 #24 Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33681 battles
  • [1RTR]

For the first time I have had this on my iPad 4 this morning. 

I have resorted to the "re-boot" and since then I have not had the problem .

HerrLozs #25 Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19229 battles
  • [T1TUK]
I've been having the same problem. It crashes after every three or four battles. Also, since the new update, I can't run it on anything but the lowest quality, or it is really blocky. Is there anything I can do to my iPad 2 to improve it or is that the best I can hope for from now on? 

xBamBamx #26 Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24070 battles
  • [VLNT]

OMG - why on earth would you want to run WOT on an iPad 2 with high settings? its the bottom rung of the ladder, iOS updates have all but destroyed its speed.  I run everything off and low except draw distance which is high (the way it s meant to be) High FPS is key in WOT, not 'pretty graphics' the less distraction the better, I also have fog on low rather than compatible as its too garish on screen without.  Managed 63% win rate on low, high gives stutter and deaths.

If you want high setting you need a better iPad..simples

Edited by _SeamanStaines_, 10 December 2015 - 12:58 AM.

Valiant [VLNT] - International english speaking clan, mature, experienced with a focus on fun, improvement and clan wars

Albert Einstein's definition of Insanity: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Also tagged with crash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users