• Please log in to reply
1067 replies to this topic

Jukkis74 #1061 Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29293 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi SockRobber,

where is the target winrate calculator? I thought it could be new column in personal tank list, but did not find it there. EDIT: found it in 30 day stats part (different calculator than I thought it might be)

Couple unrelated questions

- How are WN8 and WN7 calculated and updated? Especially my WN7 scores seem to be sinking with tanks in tiers I have not played at all which seems strange, but might be just as intended.

- Is there some/any filtering in what is included in ’Tanks / Show tank averages’ in player stat page? I am asking because e.g. t10 tank battlecount medians seem very high. Maybe they really are so high, but that is more than I would have expected.

Great stat-service!

Edited by Jukkis74, 13 January 2019 - 08:26 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #1062 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22411 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Hy, great site, many thanks, I hope the calculator isn’t working properly or it turns out my quest to get to 52% WR then 53 etc is pointless as impossible, although given my stats it’s prolly right and I’ve hit my ceiling :(

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

SockRobber #1063 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21498 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostJukkis74, on 13 January 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

Hi SockRobber,

where is the target winrate calculator? I thought it could be new column in personal tank list, but did not find it there. EDIT: found it in 30 day stats part (different calculator than I thought it might be)

Couple unrelated questions

- How are WN8 and WN7 calculated and updated? Especially my WN7 scores seem to be sinking with tanks in tiers I have not played at all which seems strange, but might be just as intended.

- Is there some/any filtering in what is included in ’Tanks / Show tank averages’ in player stat page? I am asking because e.g. t10 tank battlecount medians seem very high. Maybe they really are so high, but that is more than I would have expected.

Great stat-service!

WN8 and WN7 are formulas. 

WN8: http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8

WN7: http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN7

Those links go in to the full details. WN7 is static and will not change for tanks that haven't been played. Although in a specific 'period', while the tank hasn't been played, the battles that fall 'within' the period in question will change (as they slowly move out of the period) and so WN7 will change appropriately.

The same applies to WN8, although this can also change if/when the 'tank averages' for the tank change. Unless the tank is new, the averages are unlikely to change much, and not frequently.

Yes, the tanks used for averages are filtered based on a bunch of things.

"Each colour indicates a percentile band. Based on players who have at least 10*tier, minimum 40, battles in a given tank."

(NB. Not sure how up to date that is...). Also, a maximum of 10,000 players per tank are used for the averages. And after filtering based on the above, if there are more than 10k eligible averages, the 'top' 10k is returned based on battle count.

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 13 January 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hy, great site, many thanks, I hope the calculator isn’t working properly or it turns out my quest to get to 52% WR then 53 etc is pointless as impossible, although given my stats it’s prolly right and I’ve hit my ceiling :(

You can manually enter any stats you wish to the calculator. By default, it opens with your career stats and a 'current' performance winrate of your 30 day stats (if available). It then determines how many battles it will take based on your 'current' winrate to reach the 'target' winrate. That's just a 'default starting point' though, unless you're at 100% winrate you can always improve your winrate. Just might take a lot of battles, and/or also improving your 'current' winrate.

Winrate calculator pro-tip for individual Tanks

If you open the calculator and scroll down to the tanks table, you can click a tank and it will load the stats from that tank in to the calculator. So you can easily use the tool 'per-tank'. (Or of course you can manually enter any stats you wish in to the calculator.)

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

Eulengesicht_2014 #1064 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 101306 battles
  • [WPS]

View PostSockRobber, on 13 January 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

WN8 and WN7 are formulas. 

WN8: http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8

WN7: http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN7

Those links go in to the full details. WN7 is static and will not change for tanks that haven't been played. Although in a specific 'period', while the tank hasn't been played, the battles that fall 'within' the period in question will change (as they slowly move out of the period) and so WN7 will change appropriately.

The same applies to WN8, although this can also change if/when the 'tank averages' for the tank change. Unless the tank is new, the averages are unlikely to change much, and not frequently.

Yes, the tanks used for averages are filtered based on a bunch of things.

"Each colour indicates a percentile band. Based on players who have at least 10*tier, minimum 40, battles in a given tank."

(NB. Not sure how up to date that is...). Also, a maximum of 10,000 players per tank are used for the averages. And after filtering based on the above, if there are more than 10k eligible averages, the 'top' 10k is returned based on battle count.

You can manually enter any stats you wish to the calculator. By default, it opens with your career stats and a 'current' performance winrate of your 30 day stats (if available). It then determines how many battles it will take based on your 'current' winrate to reach the 'target' winrate. That's just a 'default starting point' though, unless you're at 100% winrate you can always improve your winrate. Just might take a lot of battles, and/or also improving your 'current' winrate.

Winrate calculator pro-tip for individual Tanks

If you open the calculator and scroll down to the tanks table, you can click a tank and it will load the stats from that tank in to the calculator. So you can easily use the tool 'per-tank'. (Or of course you can manually enter any stats you wish in to the calculator.)

High Socky, 

I have a problem with the WR Calculator: when entering the destination can only enter values ​​without decimal places. But by the way: is it possible to implantate a WR 8 calculator?

I have found a solution: I need dots dots dots ...

Edited by Eulengesicht_2014, 15 January 2019 - 03:39 PM.

SockRobber #1065 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21498 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostEulengesicht_2014, on 14 January 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

High Socky, 

I have a problem with the WR Calculator: when entering the destination can only enter values ​​without decimal places. But by the way: is it possible to implantate a WR 8 calculator?

I have found a solution: I need dots dots dots ...

Ah yes, always forget some countries use a comma for their decimal point. And browsers/JavaScript doesn't support it by default... I've updated things so it should work in the future.

WN8 uses too many factors to be able to make a simple & realistic calculator I think (would change from the current 4 inputs to probably 10+...)

HappyJuice_CZE #1066 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20091 battles
  • [ARGO]
https://www.blitzsta...r/asia/pky_2014
KV-3 - KDR: -3,36

SockRobber #1067 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21498 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostHappyJuice_CZE, on 15 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

This is Wargaming providing broken stats :(

I will see what I can do about at least preventing them from showing in the 'top players/tanks' lists.

Punapanda #1068 Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44206 battles
  • [PINK]
Just came to my mind, maybe not a new idea but want to share it anyway. Would it be interesting to have graph like relative winrates but based on WN8...?

Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users