• Please log in to reply
1365 replies to this topic

SockRobber #1301 Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Postpajdalf, on 09 April 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

And what if I sent a video of an original battle report from my account? 

As I said, there's no alternative. It is the replay file itself which contains data about the battle. The system automatically reads this data and applies/creates the Hall of Fame record from it.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

Just_merpug #1302 Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52323 battles
  • [AFK]
Replays take up hardly any space on your device, no reason not to have them turned on.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Uteregter #1303 Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56445 battles
  • [NLBE]
Guys i need your help/advice!

I recently looked in my replay-folder - our clan has a youtubechannel were I upload so i screenrecord my best replays to upload them - and i found an old replay which i would like to submit in the hall of fame on Blitzstars. The problem is its a video-file, no WOTB-replay file, so i cant upload it for inspection. So how can I get my replay inspected, validated and acknowledged in the fall of fame on Blitzstars?

Kind regards,

Uteregter

SockRobber #1304 Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostUteregter, on 14 April 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

Guys i need your help/advice!

I recently looked in my replay-folder - our clan has a youtubechannel were I upload so i screenrecord my best replays to upload them - and i found an old replay which i would like to submit in the hall of fame on Blitzstars. The problem is its a video-file, no WOTB-replay file, so i cant upload it for inspection. So how can I get my replay inspected, validated and acknowledged in the fall of fame on Blitzstars?

Kind regards,

Uteregter

Im afraid you can't. Replay files are the only method supported by the system these days. The system automatically reads the required info from the replay data - player info, tank info, damage done, date, etc. The system cannot 'read' a video or screenshot or anything else for the info required for the Hall of Fame. 

The use of replays only was advised for many months on the site at the top of every single page before the old system was disabled and the replay-only system introduced.

There are no alternatives.

Hopefully you'll have a another great damage game in the future and will keep the replay :izmena:

Opasni_Igrac #1305 Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17837 battles
  • [7CD]
These replays hold almost top places in BlitzStars Hall of Fame.

https://wotinspector...0aea677dfaeeeec
https://wotinspector...6da60644e17f86f

Yet the replays are displayed kind of broken. The names of most tanks are not available, the name of player holding the record is not available etc.
So I'm wondering if these games are played against bots? Is that valid for the Hall of Fame?
If they are not against bots, then why are the replays broken like that?

Jukkis74 #1306 Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34912 battles
  • [AFK]
Look like bot matches for new players. IMO, any match involving bots should not qualify for BlitzStars Hall of Fame.

ANNOnymus_Tank #1307 Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20371 battles
  • [REIT]
I just saw the new "Daily sessions Log". I love it. Great Idea

SockRobber #1308 Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostOpasni_Igrac, on 17 April 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

Yet the replays are displayed kind of broken. The names of most tanks are not available, the name of player holding the record is not available etc.
So I'm wondering if these games are played against bots? Is that valid for the Hall of Fame?

View PostJukkis74, on 18 April 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Look like bot matches for new players. IMO, any match involving bots should not qualify for BlitzStars Hall of Fame.

Good find. My initial reaction is that indeed it's probably matches involving bots, and also that they should't be accepted. Having a quick check of the player profiles of the players they are low-battle-count re-rolls, so that backs up the theory.

If anyone has any further input on this please post. Else I will look in to disallowing these kinds of matches.

View PostANNOnymus_Tank, on 18 April 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

I just saw the new "Daily sessions Log". I love it. Great Idea

Beat me to it ;)

BlitzStars Update 18th April 2020

Firstly, I hope everyone is keeping sane at the moment. Not sure if Blitz helps with that ;)

Today I have pushed an update to BlitzStars that allows tracked players to see 'daily' session stats. These daily sessions run from approx 5am-5am, which hopefully helps create accurate sessions fo those who stay up late playing... (avoid a 'session' rolling in to the next day's).

By default the last 5 sessions are shown, but there is a 'show more' button that, when clicked, will show all recorded sessions within the last ~100 days.

Clicking on the session 'row' in the table expands a 'sub table' which shows the details of individual tanks played during the session.

Clicking on an individual tank opens the 'tank view' in the same way as clicking on a tank in the main tank table.

These daily sessions use a new algorithm to any used on BlitzStars before, so please report any issues you find.

One note - the daily sessions rely on daily updates to the player history. This happens for all players whose profiles are visited at least once a month. For other players, there'll either show no sessions (new accounts to BlitzStars) or will show strange 'best guess' sessions (accounts that are very irregularly visited).

Just_merpug #1309 Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52323 battles
  • [AFK]
Lol. Quantifies my yo-yo stats... 40%/70%/40%/70%

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

SockRobber #1310 Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostSockRobber, on 18 April 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostOpasni_Igrac, on 17 April 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

Good find. My initial reaction is that indeed it's probably matches involving bots, and also that they should't be accepted. Having a quick check of the player profiles of the players they are low-battle-count re-rolls, so that backs up the theory.

If anyone has any further input on this please post. Else I will look in to disallowing these kinds of matches.

Alrighty so today I pushed an update that, when a replay is submitted, checks the replay with Wargaming's API for known accounts. If 2 or more of the players in a match don't have account information available via Wargaming's API the replay is not allowed.

There are only a couple of scenarios I'm aware of where the API wont return account info:

• Account is actually a bot
  • Account was a player but they deleted the account
  • Account is a 'special' account (WG admin, CC?, etc)

If a replay has 1 of these 'missing' accounts, it is allowed. If there are 2 or more it is rejected.

This seems reasonable to me but as ever if anyone has any queries let me know.

I also ran a script to 'purge' the Hall of Fame of records that didn't pass this filter. You can see those removed listed here: https://www.blitzstars.com/halloffame/moderation/delisted

(NB. I only ran the script 'against' battles in tanks of tier V and below, I don't think bots exist in higher tier matches, right?)

jylpah #1311 Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22275 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSockRobber, on 20 April 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

There are only a couple of scenarios I'm aware of where the API wont return account info:

4th one: the account is from Chinese server (account_id >= 3e9), but then none of the accounts return anything.

Spoiler

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

Selthae #1312 Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19928 battles
  • [CROKL]

View PostSockRobber, on 20 April 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

Alrighty so today I pushed an update that, when a replay is submitted, checks the replay with Wargaming's API for known accounts. If 2 or more of the players in a match don't have account information available via Wargaming's API the replay is not allowed.

If a replay has 1 of these 'missing' accounts, it is allowed. If there are 2 or more it is rejected.

This seems reasonable to me but as ever if anyone has any queries let me know.

I also ran a script to 'purge' the Hall of Fame of records that didn't pass this filter. You can see those removed listed here: https://www.blitzstars.com/halloffame/moderation/delisted

(NB. I only ran the script 'against' battles in tanks of tier V and below, I don't think bots exist in higher tier matches, right?)

As far as I am aware (from my reroll acct), they stop appearing after tier 3. A quick scan of the delists seems to confirm that, only t1/2/3 there.

So your cut-off at 5 is just fine.

Edited by Selthae, 20 April 2020 - 10:52 PM.

llo1 #1313 Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30162 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 18 April 2020 - 05:36 PM, said:

Lol. Quantifies my yo-yo stats... 40%/70%/40%/70%

Lucky.....mine varies 20% to 80%!,!

Bolkiss #1314 Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 38827 battles
  • [R-2-R]
What happens to hall of fame over night 

Attached Files

• Attached File   F052940D-CF9C-4A1A-B77F-353F25ABF74A.png   531.43K
  • Attached File   65631FDC-5D00-4C59-8769-F4F54438BCF1.png   545.05K

Edited by Bolkiss, 21 April 2020 - 09:38 AM.

SockRobber #1315 Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

Super. And yeah, hopefully the China thing wont be an issue! Honestly no idea what even happens if someone tries to upload a china replay...

Tiers - I have wondered lately if it's even worth having the low tiers in the Hall of Fame, and/or the 4-10th places for the 'seasonal' HoF. Will see going forwards I suppose.

View PostBolkiss, on 21 April 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

What happens to hall of fame over night 

If only there were somewhere to get that information!

(hint: scroll up...)

_FREE__W0ND4R_ #1316 Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20423 battles
  • [-TXC-]
Hey mate! i'm not nitpicking or anything but may i ask why is Wz-113G FT still marked as a premium tank? and also T26E4 Superpershing is marked as a normal tank in tank compare tab.

Attached Files

• Attached File   wz113gft.JPG   8.53K
  • Attached File   superpershing.JPG   27.3K

SockRobber #1317 Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Post_FREE__W0ND4R_, on 21 April 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

Hey mate! i'm not nitpicking or anything but may i ask why is Wz-113G FT still marked as a premium tank? and also T26E4 Superpershing is marked as a normal tank in tank compare tab.

I appreciate all nitpicking ;)

They're that way because that's how Wargaming have them listed in the 'tankopedia'.

I don't manually curate the details of all the tanks - it simply comes from Wargaming provided data.

Hopefully, maybe, they'll update it come the next patch...

If the issues persists longterm I will look in to some kind of manual override system for cases like this, but, it's a right pain to do that.

gallabru #1318 Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17980 battles
  • [LAGER]

I was trying to collect ratings and rankings to monitor the distribution this month.
Many (very) bad players can not be found on blitzstars although they can have 30k battles. We could argue that good players may be missing but that I am never meeting them so I don't know. 

Why is that ?

Edited by gallabru, 25 April 2020 - 12:19 PM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

SockRobber #1319 Posted 25 April 2020 - 01:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Postgallabru, on 25 April 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

Many (very) bad players can not be found on blitzstars although they can have 30k battles. We could argue that good players may be missing but that I am never meeting them so I don't know. 

Why is that ?

Not entirely sure what your question is here.

BlitzStars tracks players whose profiles have been viewed at least once on the site. This amounts to hundreds of thousands of accounts.

Of course, it doesn't track 'every' Blitz account - this would be fairly pointless (98% or something haven't played more than a handful of games, no point wasting hardware/bandwidth on tracking such players, and not much point in tracking players whose profiles are never visited).

As for 

Block Quote

I was trying to collect ratings and rankings to monitor the distribution this month.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this...

You should be using Wargaming's API to do this, not BlitzStars'. Anyone looking to use BlitzStars' API should ask me; I can then decide if I allow the use and, more importantly, discuss any issues with the strategy. :amazed:

gallabru #1320 Posted 25 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17980 battles
  • [LAGER]
But if I enter a name I have found in a battle, then the profile hase been requested once ?
API ? I do not really know what it is. Basically, I am picking names in my battles, then go to blitzstars and check the player's stats. In that case, rating and ranking. Then I enter that manually in an excel spreadsheet.

I need your authorization to do that ?

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users