• Please log in to reply
1365 replies to this topic

minitelrose #1261 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 78444 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSockRobber, on 10 January 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

The supporter 'TanksData' page shows the same kinda data as the homepage 'Zeitgeist' but with more options, including filtering (by tier, type, nation, etc) and sorting by more options (including player count and total battles). (As well as some graphs and blah blah). However, this only applies 90 day data, so is perhaps less precise/specific than you are looking for.

Of course, it also only counts players tracked by BlitzStars too.

As it stands, the mk 6 has the 16th most tier X battles in the last 90 days, with about 400k battles. For reference the most played was the 183 with over 1.3million battles in the same period. The Grille is in 2nd place with slightly less, and the Prog' 65 in 3rd place with 830k.

The next 'non standard tech tree' tanks on the list are all waaay down in battle counts, with the AMX30B at 240k and the T-22 at 100k.

I did go to add some supporter status to your account minitelrose, but it seems you haven't logged in so there's no 'account' on the system. But if you want to, log in and let me know, and I'll get your access sorted

thank you very much, I appreciate. 
fact is I rarely watch the stats. When I do, I might track it over a week and then give up again.

for this reason I never bothered logging in.

but I understand blitzstars as one of the main tools for blitz (the stats but also the other services around).

the site is wonderful (though it lost some of that clean design and legibility as things pile up) and I always like to push corners a bit.

i think I’ll have a few more questions/suggestions soon. 

im not too sure my question about the tanks was clear, but you seem to answer by how many battles were played. 
my question was more, how many players suddenly play this tank compared to before. It gives an idea of tank adoption.

for exemple how many players are into grinding the t49 right now, how many in the t92. Might be useless.

but somehow during the last winter fair I suddenly saw so many t10 premiums running, I don’t think they even sold tier8 premium 2 years ago. It was kind of shocking. 

same for t92. Last few lines weren’t as grinded as this one, and also the line starting at lower tiers (euro nation) and in less played lines (british tds) meant that players arrived in upper tiers at different times, the t92 on the other hand flooded any t9 game by groups of 6 per game on day 1. Same thing with the winter sales. It was brutal.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

minitelrose #1262 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 78444 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSineNomine_, on 29 December 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

Hi,

I'm doing what I call the "warnings", where every weeks I check my clan members stats, and they (including me) have to match those. I include the ShotEff, at a cap of 90%, but I can't really know if it's too hard or too easy for the players. So what value can mean a good precision ?

Thx already

hi, if you want to give a certain « contour » to your clan, i understand why you would ask them to comply to certain output, or to meet certain goals. Also it may give a motivation. 

shot efficiency is trying to see if you can make every shot count. And it’s compared to the top players. 
but it’s not really an absolute value of playing correctly andcertainlu not reflecting if  games are being won.

it took me a while to get used to it. But in my case I noticed something : on tanks using mostly AP/ APCR I have poor shot efficiency.

i spray a bit, and miss or bounce a lot. for every shot I’m doing 95% of the damage a top player would do.

but for any tank with a great HE capability, derp, HESH, HEP, etc... then I do easily like 102-105% dmg of top players. Which means I have better HE use then even the greatest players even as I still aim poorly. and it’s tru I do love HE, some tanks I have it loaded by default.

makes me sort of a sloppy technician, a nerdy with slow hands.

makes me someone who likes splash damage and finding weird shot angles.

makes me someone who likes to play behind enemy lines.

but it doesn’t make me someone who wins more games.
those damage per shot aren’t correlated to my tanks winning more games,

i would also need to make ombré shots per games. 
whereas if you consider WN8 Or average damage Or survival, those will make you win more games.

I hope it helped ?

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

HoppigHD #1263 Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14226 battles
  • [XTANK]
wrong post

Edited by HoppigHD, 20 January 2020 - 09:16 PM.

HoppigHD #1264 Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14226 battles
  • [XTANK]
top 10 damage on leaderboards

llo1 #1265 Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30282 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostSockRobber, on 18 October 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Some peeps may have noticed the 'BlitzStars Awards' section has arrived recently, it looks a little like this (depending on what awards the player has) :

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz awards
As ever with a new feature, there are a few niggling issues around (particularly for displaying the awards on certain screen sizes). They'll be ironed out in time...

On larger screens (tablets and above) you can click or mouse-hover over them for explanations of what they're based on. They're similar to the 'Hall of Fame' on the clan pages, although they are compared to player averages rather than against just the other members of the clan.

And they're in the same spirit - as much 'fun' as serious statistical interpretation of skill. 
Where there are 'classes', the breakdowns are the same as Blitz mastery classes - ie. 3rd class > 50% players, 2nd class > 80% players, 1st class > 95% players, and Ace > 99% of players.

A breakdown:
  • 'BlitzStars Supporter' - awarded to people who have supported BlitzStars though monetary donations on Patreon or PayPal (thanks guys!). These folks help pay for the server BlitzStars runs on.
  • 'Blitz YouTuber' - these guys have YouTube channels dedicated to WoT:Blitz and if you click the badge you'll be taken to their page. In time there will be further integration with the site for these guys, hopefully (ie. search for YouTubers). If you have a YouTube channel - or know someone who does - and want the award/badge/link on your profile page, shoot me a message and I'll get it sorted for you.
  • 'ULTIMATE WARRIOR' - a combination of damage per battle and steel wall, confederate, and top gun medals.
  • 'One Tank Army' - a combination of Raseiniai Heroes' medals (7 kills), Pool's medals (6 kills), Radley-Walter's medals (5 kills), Top Gun medals (4 kills), Kolobanov's medals (stand alone and win vs 3)
  • 'F.L.a.B, S.L.a.B' - damage ratio and kills to death ratio ( 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee' )
  • 'Master Scout' - Spots per death along with patrol duty and scout medals
  • 'Derpmaster' - Simply damage per battle / hits per battle. The higher the resulting number, the bigger the damage per hit. Big guns and high tiers, along with a good aim, will earn this one.
  • 'Rambo' - Spots per battle, deaths per win and damage ratio.
  • 'Seal Clubber' - % of battles under tier V, and winrate under tier V. Includes IS-6 and IS3D!

All the formulas may be tweaked, though I think most are solid. The Ultimate Warrior one is the most likely to change, probably to reflect high tier performances more prominently.

I think that covers them all for now - if anyone has any ideas for awards (based on data available from WG) get in touch!

Cheers guys,
'SockRobber'

SockRobber....I regularly look at the “awards” that you post as above, and have noticed a “new” one in my view, but do not know what it is for...MtT...is this a new one you have manufactured, and what is the criteria?

SockRobber #1266 Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Postminitelrose, on 18 January 2020 - 01:36 AM, said:

[...]

im not too sure my question about the tanks was clear, but you seem to answer by how many battles were played. 
my question was more, how many players suddenly play this tank compared to before. It gives an idea of tank adoption.

for exemple how many players are into grinding the t49 right now, how many in the t92. Might be useless.

but somehow during the last winter fair I suddenly saw so many t10 premiums running, I don’t think they even sold tier8 premium 2 years ago. It was kind of shocking. [...]

I don't have figures 'over time' for how many players are playing a particular tank. All I have is figures of how many players have played tanks in the last X days.

That's not to say something isn't possible though.

I know tracking the popularity / performance of tanks is perhaps of interest to some people, so I suppose something along these lines is possible in the future...

View Postllo1, on 22 January 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

SockRobber....I regularly look at the “awards” that you post as above, and have noticed a “new” one in my view, but do not know what it is for...MtT...is this a new one you have manufactured, and what is the criteria?

Simply % battles in non-tech-tree tanks

(Like most all of the awards, based on last 30 days)

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

minitelrose #1267 Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 78444 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postllo1, on 22 January 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

nice ! A wallet warrior blitzstars award !

a coming month I’ll play specifically to get it !

Read my guides there

_StreetY_ #1268 Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2979 battles
  • [MYTH_]

I really think this is a broken thing.

Posted Image
image upload host

In the first row are three battles from today, in the second general stats.
I think WN8 is too small for a results such like this...

SockRobber #1269 Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Post_StreetY_, on 24 January 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

I really think this is a broken thing.

Posted Image
image upload host

In the first row are three battles from today, in the second general stats.
I think WN8 is too small for a results such like this...

The M35 is just new and also a premium. Two things that make the averages fairly high. As more people get it and more people play it, the averages will likely fall and the relative WN8s will increase. That's just the nature of WN8 and using 'real world' averages.

Jukkis74 #1270 Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34955 battles
  • [AFK]
Would it be possible (with reasonable effort) to have both personal 30day blitzstars awards and personal all-time-high awards? That way one could set challenges to oneself to collect all at mastery levels!

SockRobber #1271 Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostJukkis74, on 24 January 2020 - 06:08 AM, said:

Would it be possible (with reasonable effort) to have both personal 30day blitzstars awards and personal all-time-high awards? That way one could set challenges to oneself to collect all at mastery levels!

Hmmm, something along those lines might be possible but I'm not sure how exactly to go about it. In the way you're talking about, having them as 'grindy' type awards would fit I suppose (eg. X amount of career/'all time' spots goes towards tier 3 rambo, and so on.).
That way it would be something to 'reach'. On the flipside, continuing as per the current setup (which is effectively 'reach and sustain X stats for particular awards, in the last 30 days';) is responsive to the player's own circumstances insofar as how much they can play and so on. However implementing this same style system goes a bit against the BlitzStars ideal that history is only important up to a point, and current performance is a much better indicator of things ('don't get dragged down by the past';). So 'grindy' works better in that respect... but then having the same awards calculated one way for periods and another for all time is bound to cause confusion/not be clear....

Not really sure about it... 

Destroyer__09 #1272 Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19668 battles
  • [XMEN-]

Hello, maybe 6 months ago I've done an amazing record with Type 62 Dragon {5.333K} this is actually the second world record

I've sent the replay to BlitzStars HoF 1 week ago and my record still haven't been uploaded.. 

Anyone can explain me the reason? Thanks 

Spoiler

SockRobber #1273 Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostDestroyer__09, on 05 March 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hello, maybe 6 months ago I've done an amazing record with Type 62 Dragon {5.333K} this is actually the second world record

I've sent the replay to BlitzStars HoF 1 week ago and my record still haven't been uploaded.. 

Anyone can explain me the reason? Thanks 

I will reply with the same answer as I gave you on twitter...

5,333 damage does not reach the 'all time' top ten, and if the record is from before Season 1(2020) started (which it would be if it was 6 months old) then it wouldn't be eligible for the seasonal record.

GuuciooPL #1274 Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3514 battles
  • [FEN1X]
Hi i cant send my replay on blitz star.com. When i try sent my replay on the end load i See "object not found". Please help me

SockRobber #1275 Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostGuuciooPL, on 13 March 2020 - 09:43 PM, said:

Hi i cant send my replay on blitz star.com. When i try sent my replay on the end load i See "object not found". Please help me

Odd. Perhaps try uploading it directly to wotinspector.com, and if that works, just submit the wotinspector link.

Duggage_Hu #1276 Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4065 battles
  • [ALBAB]
Hello BlitzStars folks!
Many thanks for all the stats and everything. You guys do excellent work. I have a question:
These two screenshots were taken within the same minute:
[Sorry, I can't seem to get the images into the window. In any case, one shows the BlitzStars graph with the number of users on the EU server (orange line) at about 20,000. The second image is from my Blitz Settings page, and it says, "Server: EU_P2; Players: 19462 / 38889".]
If there are only about 20,000 users reported on the EU servers, then what is the meaning of the "38,889" number?
Curiously yours,
Duggage_Hu [ALBAB] EU

Edited by Duggage_Hu, 21 March 2020 - 07:54 PM.

---Duggage_Hu [ALBAB] 

I don't grind lines. I grind tiers

Just_merpug #1277 Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52492 battles
  • [AFK]
If there are ~20k players of the ~40k on EU2, then the others are possibly on EU1

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Leicht #1278 Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7367 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I guess blitzstars is only showing figures for 1 server...
560273467.png

SockRobber #1279 Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostDuggage_Hu, on 21 March 2020 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hello BlitzStars folks!
Many thanks for all the stats and everything. You guys do excellent work. I have a question:
These two screenshots were taken within the same minute:
[Sorry, I can't seem to get the images into the window. In any case, one shows the BlitzStars graph with the number of users on the EU server (orange line) at about 20,000. The second image is from my Blitz Settings page, and it says, "Server: EU_P2; Players: 19462 / 38889".]
If there are only about 20,000 users reported on the EU servers, then what is the meaning of the "38,889" number?
Curiously yours,
Duggage_Hu [ALBAB] EU

View PostChairman_merpug, on 21 March 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

If there are ~20k players of the ~40k on EU2, then the others are possibly on EU1

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 21 March 2020 - 10:55 PM, said:

I guess blitzstars is only showing figures for 1 server...

Wargaming's API reports one figure for each Blitz region, and that's what is displayed on BlitzStars.

More than that I can't confirm for sure; it may well be that WG don't report/include the second server figures.

However, if the API was reporting just 1 of 2 servers, I'd expect the population shown by the API and thus BlitzStars to be half what is expected. However, looking at historical data, I don't think that's the case. I'm not aware of a point where suddenly there was just half as many people playing (which is what I'd expect to see if suddenly half the population wasn't being reported). As far as I can see, server population figures have not changed drastically/unexpectedly.

Suffice to say, you'd really have to ask WG.

Mjr_Leicht #1280 Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:27 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7367 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Thanks for the reply...

I’ll ask WG as it does look like it’s only 1/2 the number shown in game...

Game image taken 04:21, what API call do you use so I can ask specifically about that?

Apologies CBA to re-size...

Edited by Mjr_Leicht, 22 March 2020 - 04:31 AM.

560273467.png

Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users