• Please log in to reply
1365 replies to this topic

FXR_or_Die #1281 Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1698 battles
  • [FXR]

Hi, there is a little (almost cosmetic) bug in clan page:

When i open "View Clan Armoury" and try to filter "lights only", nothing happens.

When i select med or heavy or TD, also lights come to the list.

Also different combinations works weird way.

Selecting nation or tier does not affect on this.

I examined your code, you should remove outer label tag:

<label class="btn btn-primary ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" ng-model="tanksFilter.type.lightTank" uib-btn-checkbox="">

(just before line: <!-- ngInclude: '../assets/images/6d5cf197.class-light-icon.svg' --> )

And ofcourse the ending </label> tag.

Thanks for nice tool, as a clan leader i do lots of analysing of clan members.

Kind Regards, FXR_or_Die

SockRobber #1282 Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 22 March 2020 - 04:27 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply...

I’ll ask WG as it does look like it’s only 1/2 the number shown in game...

Game image taken 04:21, what API call do you use so I can ask specifically about that?

Apologies CBA to re-size...

It's just the standard server population API call.

As for the image, the first number looks about right. Q really is what the second number is. I'm not sure it is the total of server 1 + 2, but maybe it is.

View PostFXR_or_Die, on 23 March 2020 - 12:17 AM, said:

Hi, there is a little (almost cosmetic) bug in clan page:

When i open "View Clan Armoury" and try to filter "lights only", nothing happens.

When i select med or heavy or TD, also lights come to the list.

Also different combinations works weird way.

Selecting nation or tier does not affect on this.

I examined your code, you should remove outer label tag:

<label class="btn btn-primary ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" ng-model="tanksFilter.type.lightTank" uib-btn-checkbox="">

(just before line: <!-- ngInclude: '../assets/images/6d5cf197.class-light-icon.svg' --> )

And ofcourse the ending </label> tag.

Thanks for nice tool, as a clan leader i do lots of analysing of clan members.

Kind Regards, FXR_or_Die

Hello! Thanks for the bug report - looks like a bad copy+paste job by me ;)

I have fixed it, and it should be sorted whenever caches refresh.

I think you're probably one of about 10 people who actually use that part of the site... ! Anyway, glad it is helpful.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

Replicant_2 #1283 Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9681 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostSockRobber, on 21 March 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

However, if the API was reporting just 1 of 2 servers, I'd expect the population shown by the API and thus BlitzStars to be half what is expected. However, looking at historical data, I don't think that's the case. I'm not aware of a point where suddenly there was just half as many people playing (which is what I'd expect to see if suddenly half the population wasn't being reported). As far as I can see, server population figures have not changed drastically/unexpectedly.

Suffice to say, you'd really have to ask WG.

SockRobber, I definitely remember a sharp drop in reported user numbers, it happened around update 5.7/5.8. Screenshots of the population graphs from BS were widely shared here on thee forum with everyone initially assuming that halving of the playerbase was a result of the disastrous update 5.5 before most accepted that it's just a difference in reporting by WG.

AFAIR, it happened on the RU server first and then an update or so later on the remaining servers.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Mjr_Eazy #1284 Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31953 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I don’t remember that but I’m sure I read that the figures in the game are the server you logged on to and the total online, I’ve raised a ticket asking WG to confirm and what the APi returns so will see what they say...

Socky, I looked in the API documentation on the developer site but I don’t see how to get the players on-line, what do you call to get them?

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 24 March 2020 - 12:12 PM.

547146227.png

SockRobber #1285 Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostReplicant_2, on 24 March 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

SockRobber, I definitely remember a sharp drop in reported user numbers, it happened around update 5.7/5.8. Screenshots of the population graphs from BS were widely shared here on thee forum with everyone initially assuming that halving of the playerbase was a result of the disastrous update 5.5 before most accepted that it's just a difference in reporting by WG.

AFAIR, it happened on the RU server first and then an update or so later on the remaining servers.

Fair enough, I'm sure you chaps still actively playing have the best idea on the situation. I haven't been following closely at all.

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 24 March 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

I don’t remember that but I’m sure I read that the figures in the game are the server you logged on to and the total online, I’ve raised a ticket asking WG to confirm and what the APi returns so will see what they say...

Socky, I looked in the API documentation on the developer site but I don’t see how to get the players on-line, what do you call to get them?

https://api.worldoft...d=XXX&game=wotb

Need to change the TLD to match the region you want.

.com = NA, .eu = EU, .asia = ASIA, .ru = RUSSIA

And ofc put in a valid app ID.

Adam_255 #1286 Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22215 battles
  • [MET1S]
Hi mate, I'm wondering why I'm almost never in your top rankings in tanks, even when I most certainly should be. My current example of this is the Defender MK1, where I should be 2nd on WN8 and 3rd on damage over all servers.

Mjr_Eazy #1287 Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31953 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostAdam_255, on 25 March 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hi mate, I'm wondering why I'm almost never in your top rankings in tanks, even when I most certainly should be. My current example of this is the Defender MK1, where I should be 2nd on WN8 and 3rd on damage over all servers.

Hy welcome to the forums...

If you mean Hall of Fame you have to submit a replay to prove it...

Click submit replay on this page - https://www.blitzstars.com/halloffame

If you mean the blitzstars lists, that’s one for sockrobber, maybe there’s a timing thing but it looks likeyiu should be there with 41 battles in last 30 days and that mega-WN8...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 25 March 2020 - 11:40 PM.

547146227.png

SockRobber #1288 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]
For a new tank, first day's worth of battles aren't counted when it comes to the 30 day etc top lists.

Mjr_Eazy #1289 Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31953 battles
  • [BT_SV]

WG confirmed that the 2nd figure is the total players on-line as we thought.  They have not answered the 2nd question about the APi and how to get this figure as I tried what you shared and it is defo reporting approx 1/2 the total figure...

SOLVED

Hello Mjr_Eazy,

As for the game client, the two numbers you see mean Players on the cluster you are logged in / Total number of players on the selected realm .

The instruction how to use Wargaming.net Public API is available under the next link: https://developers.wargaming.net/documentation/guide/getting-started/

Kind regards,

547146227.png

SockRobber #1290 Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 27 March 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

WG confirmed that the 2nd figure is the total players on-line as we thought.  They have not answered the 2nd question about the APi and how to get this figure as I tried what you shared and it is defo reporting approx 1/2 the total figure...

SOLVED

Hello Mjr_Eazy,

As for the game client, the two numbers you see mean Players on the cluster you are logged in / Total number of players on the selected realm .

The instruction how to use Wargaming.net Public API is available under the next link: https://developers.wargaming.net/documentation/guide/getting-started/

Kind regards,

Good job!

So, to confirm: we're seeing player numbers from the API that match server '1' from whatever region, and every region has 2 servers, and players are dispersed roughly 50/50, is that all correct?

If that's all correct then the simple solution is doubling the number reported by the API for a good approximation of server populations...

Mjr_Eazy #1291 Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31953 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostSockRobber, on 27 March 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Good job!

So, to confirm: we're seeing player numbers from the API that match server '1' from whatever region, and every region has 2 servers, and players are dispersed roughly 50/50, is that all correct?

If that's all correct then the simple solution is doubling the number reported by the API for a good approximation of server populations...

yep that seems to be the case...

547146227.png

ANNOnymus_Tank #1292 Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20371 battles
  • [REIT]

Hi Sockrobber,

is there any way you could implement the assisted damage on the page? It would, in my opinion, show, wether you are a good spotter or not.

I myself, for example, have sometimes battles with less than 1k damage but almost 3k assisted damage.

P.S.: As always, you are doing a great job, thank you.

SockRobber #1293 Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 27 March 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

yep that seems to be the case...

Hmm well I will have a think on any ramifications and then I suppose if it makes sense I will just double the numbers and add a disclaimer. Shame WG don't just report the full numbers.

View PostANNOnymus_Tank, on 29 March 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hi Sockrobber,

is there any way you could implement the assisted damage on the page? It would, in my opinion, show, wether you are a good spotter or not.

I myself, for example, have sometimes battles with less than 1k damage but almost 3k assisted damage.

P.S.: As always, you are doing a great job, thank you.

It would be great to have assisted damage figures but Wargaming does not provide them I'm afraid.

Mjr_Eazy #1294 Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31953 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I’m still going with support, need to send them a screenshot and api result, will do that today and see what they say...

547146227.png

Just_merpug #1295 Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52492 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 01 April 2020 - 08:30 AM, said:

I’m still going with support, need to send them a screenshot and api result, will do that today and see what they say...

It should be fine. There's no coronavirus in Belarus, the president said so. :facepalm:

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #1296 Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31953 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 01 April 2020 - 06:31 PM, said:

It should be fine. There's no coronavirus in Belarus, the president said so. :facepalm:

Lol, he also said infection rate is down to RNG...

547146227.png

ANNOnymus_Tank #1297 Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20371 battles
  • [REIT]

View PostSockRobber, on 31 March 2020 - 08:23 PM, said

It would be great to have assisted damage figures but Wargaming does not provide them I'm afraid.

Ah, too bad. But now I have something for my christmas wishlist.;)

pajdalf #1298 Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3137 battles
  • [BGKIL]
Hello
I'd like to ask, is there any chance of getting into the Hall of Fame without recorded battle? I play on my phone and my device has a problem with recording all I can provide is a screen shot. I managed with a Tetrarch 1004dmg, which is more than the current 3rd place where the player is onee _ Chan with 961dmg.

SockRobber #1299 Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Postpajdalf, on 09 April 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

Hello
I'd like to ask, is there any chance of getting into the Hall of Fame without recorded battle? I play on my phone and my device has a problem with recording all I can provide is a screen shot. I managed with a Tetrarch 1004dmg, which is more than the current 3rd place where the player is onee _ Chan with 961dmg.

The system relies on vital data contained within the replay file itself (eg. account ID of the player, tank ID, damage done, date of battle, etc). There's no alternative I'm afraid.

pajdalf #1300 Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3137 battles
  • [BGKIL]

View PostSockRobber, on 09 April 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

The system relies on vital data contained within the replay file itself (eg. account ID of the player, tank ID, damage done, date of battle, etc). There's no alternative I'm afraid.

And what if I sent a video of an original battle report from my account? 

Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users