tier 6+ stats only is great 

only time i dive below tier 6 is on clan nights

SockRobber #1362 Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostANNOnymus_Tank, on 17 May 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

After a quick look it seems like the WN8 is up to date, but the WN7 more or less off (10 to 100+ points)

The bubbles are back and seem to work

Super on WN8 front. WN7... how strange. They both should be updated at the same frequency (guaranteed are, in fact), but maybe there is a kink in the works somewhere else... I'll have a look at some pooint.

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 17 May 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

tier 6+ stats only is great 

only time i dive below tier 6 is on clan nights

Yeah, I think it just makes sense with the state of the low tiers now. BlitzStars always had the 'average tier' set to 6 by default for the top players / top clans pages, but this did of course mean people could club in lower tiers and then just raise their average up a smidge in order to get those stats included in their 'overall' stats still. If we simply ignore all battles in lower tiers, the results are more reflective of actual gameplay of tier 6+. I don't really see a downside, other than the inevitable confusion and emails I will get about why the stats are 'different' to those on player profiles (despite the fact I will have a clear note about it on the respective pages ;) ).

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

Pururut #1363 Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23834 battles
  • [1RTR_]

Purely out of curiosity; is it possible and practical for Blitzstars and Blitzhangar to merge one day? It would be more practical to have everything in one website instead of one that specialize in statistics and other in armor profile and tank comparison. Come to think of it, it is primarily laziness over that of curiosity.

No kids these days scoffing Eazy >.>

Edited by Pururut, 18 May 2020 - 08:45 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #1364 Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32577 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Oh man that will make my already pretty bad stats even worse, I use tier v to pad my stats :)

On a different note, @sockrobber, classic WG but they have confirmed the API is not reporting the right number of players (as the question I asked was why the API was different to in-game), although we may wait a long time to get a fix....

SOLVED

Dear Mjr_Eazy,

Thank you for your patience.

This is the issue on our side (about the number of players on the server in general). Our developers work hard to solve this situation. 
At the moment we cannot say when exactly this issue will be fixed.

Hope for your understanding in this regard.

Should you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,

547146227.png

SockRobber #1365 Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostPururut, on 18 May 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

Purely out of curiosity; is it possible and practical for Blitzstars and Blitzhangar to merge one day? It would be more practical to have everything in one website instead of one that specialize in statistics and other in armor profile and tank comparison. Come to think of it, it is primarily laziness over that of curiosity.

No kids these days scoffing Eazy >.>

I think they're distinct enough resources to merit a bookmark each ;)

That said, BlitzHanger didn't exist when I played so don't know too much about it. But BlitzStars does of course have TankCompare & wotinspector.com's armour inspector built in too.

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 19 May 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

Oh man that will make my already pretty bad stats even worse, I use tier v to pad my stats :)

On a different note, @sockrobber, classic WG but they have confirmed the API is not reporting the right number of players (as the question I asked was why the API was different to in-game), although we may wait a long time to get a fix....

SOLVED

Dear Mjr_Eazy,

Thank you for your patience.

This is the issue on our side (about the number of players on the server in general). Our developers work hard to solve this situation. 
At the moment we cannot say when exactly this issue will be fixed.

Hope for your understanding in this regard.

Should you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,

Aha well the 'six plus' stats I think will only be used in the following places:

• 'Top Players' page (✔ already in place)
  • Rankings that appear in the 'period stats' at the top of player profiles (✔ next update [edit: now in place])
  • The 'Top Clans' page (which averages the stats from eligible members to create the clan stats - in the future these averages will come from the 'six plus' stats). (✔ sometimes soon? [edit: now in place])

Player server pop numbers: Eugh. No doubt this will be like most everything else that WG has broken; I'll wait for them to fix it, give up, do a fix myself, and then the next day WG will have sorted it. (see: recent breaking of 'medals' images...)

And then I'll have to undo the 'fix'...

Good job getting on the case!

Edited by SockRobber, 21 May 2020 - 04:52 PM.

Waldek7612 #1366 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6759 battles
  • [KP_1]
Gdzie mój rekord na Jagdpanzer IV na serwerze europejskim ? 4582 damage a nie ma mnie. Powinien być pierwszy. Bitwa 26.04. 2020.

SockRobber #1367 Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostWaldek7612, on 23 May 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

Gdzie mój rekord na Jagdpanzer IV na serwerze europejskim ? 4582 damage a nie ma mnie. Powinien być pierwszy. Bitwa 26.04. 2020.

Czy wgrałeś plik .wotbreplay? Hall of Fame nie jest automatyczny, musisz przesłać nagrania.

Tuesday 9th June

So as mentioned in this thread already, there have been various re-workings of how BlitzStars updates and records player data in the last few weeks.

Hopefully, this work is now all completed and the full new system is in place.

This should mean 'recorded' & calculated stats are more frequently updated; these stats are used basically everywhere except for the main stats on 'player profile' pages, which are live, directly from Wargaming & BlitzStars to your browser. On player profile pages the 'rankings' (for tanks and overall) are based on these recorded stats though, as are the 'clanstars' and 'blitzstars' lists that appear at the bottom of the individual tank views/popups.

Having these stats update more reliably/frequently will hopefully mean places like the 'Top Players' page (both overall and per tank), the Top Clans pages (and associated player eligibility), player signature data, etc, are more 'live' and accurate than ever.

Of course, as these are major changes, there may be issues. So please don't hesitate to post or contact me if you notice problems in any of the aforementioned places.

TL;DR:

• Players' 'saved' stats - that appear in various places - should more closely follow the 'live' stats on player profiles pages (less delay)
  • Tier VI+ stats are now the only ones considered when it comes to Top Players and Top Clan pages, as well as player regional rankings

Update to Clan Profile pages

A picture tells a thousand words

jylpah #1368 Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22817 battles
  • [AFK]

Thanks SockRobber! Awesome effort.

I checked our clan page and just noticed the colors are somewhat inconsistent vs what you show here. Maybe a CSS issue?

:hiding:

Blitzanalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

SockRobber #1369 Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Postjylpah, on 09 June 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

Thanks SockRobber! Awesome effort.

I checked our clan page and just noticed the colors are somewhat inconsistent vs what you show here. Maybe a CSS issue?

:hiding:

Odd, displays fine to me. Browser/OS?

Edit: Whooooooosh. :harp:

Edited by SockRobber, 09 June 2020 - 09:01 PM.

JamesauL #1370 Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2349 battles
  • [D0DGE]
Chinese Tank Destroyer WZ 113G FT is not premium tank xd. I look it have a yellow dot

Edited by JamesauL, 11 June 2020 - 08:33 AM.

SockRobber #1371 Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostJamesauL, on 11 June 2020 - 08:33 AM, said:

Chinese Tank Destroyer WZ 113G FT is not premium tank xd. I look it have a yellow dot

Wargaming must have it listed in their tankopedia data incorrectly.

That information (like the tank stats in Tank Compare, tank names, tiers, etc) is all automatically generated from data provided by WG.

Sometimes it is wrong. Perhaps Wargaming will fix it by the time the next patch rolls around.

Samajlik #1372 Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2577 battles
  • [CZT_S]

I wanted to ask since i don't exactly understand - how does the "Rank" collumn work on blitzstars? What is it based off of?

SockRobber #1373 Posted 13 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostSamajlik, on 13 June 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

I wanted to ask since i don't exactly understand - how does the "Rank" collumn work on blitzstars? What is it based off of?

For both the 'Tanks Table' and the 'Player History', they are explained underneath the respective tables.

For the tanks:

"* Rank / Rankings / Position: These are by WN8. Minimum of 30 battles in 30 day period, 50 battles in 90 day period, and 100 battles for all time stats. Rankings are based on recorded, not live, statistics, and update daily. REGIONAL."

So basically it is a position in a list, sorted by WN8, for the period in question. So #1 rank is the top player by WN8 in that region (EU, NA, etc) in the given period, who meets the minimum battle requirements.

Samajlik #1374 Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2577 battles
  • [CZT_S]

View PostSockRobber, on 13 June 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

For both the 'Tanks Table' and the 'Player History', they are explained underneath the respective tables.

For the tanks:

"* Rank / Rankings / Position: These are by WN8. Minimum of 30 battles in 30 day period, 50 battles in 90 day period, and 100 battles for all time stats. Rankings are based on recorded, not live, statistics, and update daily. REGIONAL."

So basically it is a position in a list, sorted by WN8, for the period in question. So #1 rank is the top player by WN8 in that region (EU, NA, etc) in the given period, who meets the minimum battle requirements.

Thanks for your reply! Now i understand it :p

Adam_255 #1375 Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22866 battles
  • [MET1S]

View PostSockRobber, on 13 June 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

For the tanks:

Why don't you mention anywhere that it discounts the first day you play, and  moreimportantly, why on earth does it discount that? Just played 30 games in a tank today and went to check my 30 day rank hoping that I'd played it a few days ago, but no, I hadn't, so now that's all for nothing, I have no rank, even though I'd be 5th should it have included me. Can you please change this...

Edited by Adam_255, 14 June 2020 - 06:03 PM.

SockRobber #1376 Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostAdam_255, on 14 June 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

Why don't you mention anywhere that it discounts the first day you play, and  moreimportantly, why on earth does it discount that? Just played 30 games in a tank today and went to check my 30 day rank hoping that I'd played it a few days ago, but no, I hadn't, so now that's all for nothing, I have no rank, even though I'd be 5th should it have included me. Can you please change this...

Honestly not sure the first day of battles is discounted anymore in the new system... can't recall of the top of my head. Guess you'll find out tomorrow. (Yes, as the text you quoted states, the rankings are updated daily.)

As for why it was (is?) that way, simple - technical reasons to do with what data WG provides, as well as the fact that (one upon a time? still?) the first few matches in a tank you get preferential match making so it's not really a fair baseline.

[edit: For anyone wondering, Adam_255 did get his rank after the daily update occurred. I'm sure we're all relieved!]

Edited by SockRobber, 16 June 2020 - 03:38 PM.

minitelrose #1377 Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 79424 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi Socks...

i have aced my Amx 13 96 times 

tonight, I aced it 3 times.

i know a lot of people take pride in a 100% completion of tank aces.

but what about the multiaced tank ?

im wondering if you have a hall of fame for number of aces ?

going there is dangerous, we could end up with a hall of fame for many weird things like 

most battle played account 

most battle played in a single tank

and im sure there are other superlatives 

but still.. anyone else aced a tank 96 times ?

Edited by minitelrose, 17 June 2020 - 04:31 AM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

llo1 #1378 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30819 battles
  • [1RTR]
Minitelrose, that is surely a bit greedy...96 in one tank!

I_C4NT_W1N_ #1379 Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47643 battles
  • [1--UK]
How the hell !!!!!

Selthae #1380 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21937 battles
  • [CROKL]
I've run into a few accounts with 250+ aces on the keni otsu.

Ofcourse that was also the only tank they play.

Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users