stats statistics history tracking compare improve guide

• Please log in to reply
1567 replies to this topic

DumbApe #1521 Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34555 battles
  • [HRG]

Your game your rules ... I have a huge collection in my main account missing only a few tanks. Over the time I have been playing the meta has evolved a lot.  Tanks that were OP no longer are - both tech tree and premiums. Players build up crew skills and the differences add up over time to provide advantages in how tanks play. Lots of toon play helps too. 

Stats are frequently padded by playing lower tiers in strong tech tree tanks by players with 10,000’s of games. The point I’m making is that BlitzStars is a great resource that can help players develop gameplay and their enjoyment.  However, there are issues where comparisons just don’t stack up over time.  I absolutely agree some premiums give advantages.  This is the way the game works and without folks spending money there would be no Blitz.  It seems as though what you are proposing is another little dig at people who buy premium tanks.  Not everyone has the time and inclination to play thousands of games while being creamed and if they can get leg up and fund the game in the process all the better in my book. As a final point this game has a bit of a problem that is growing imo. Just look at all the whinging that goes on ... this is just a flipping game.  If you really do think it is necessary to take the pi$$ out of folks say in chat - you don’t need make up stickers that mock them. 

:facepalm: :arta:

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

llo1 #1522 Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32144 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostDumbApe, on 21 October 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

It seems as though what you are proposing is another little dig at people who buy premium tanks.  Not everyone has the time and inclination to play thousands of games while being creamed and if they can get leg up and fund the game in the process all the better in my book. As a final point this game has a bit of a problem that is growing imo. Just look at all the whinging that goes on ... this is just a flipping game.  If you really do think it is necessary to take the pi$$ out of folks say in chat - you don’t need make up stickers that mock them. 

Whilst I agree (generally) with the comments, the last bit is the most telling...There definitely is no need to put up stickers......most of the time, and a lot of the newer players....it’s simply their gameplay that lets them down.....

The only things about buying premiums...it when WG simply don’t balance them correctly, some are too OP from the start, and then they start pratting around with the rest of the tier tanks trying to correct the whole tier for their stupid mistakes...

The original premise, where premiums were somewhere around the tech tree tanks, but not quite as good in some areas, but better in a couple of others, and the reward was better.....seems to have been totally ignored for the last couple of years.....

gallabru #1523 Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18214 battles
  • [LAGER]

View Postllo1, on 21 October 2020 - 04:58 AM, said:

The only things about buying premiums...it when WG simply don’t balance them correctly, some are too OP from the start, and then they start pratting around with the rest of the tier tanks trying to correct the whole tier for their stupid mistakes...

I think it is intended from start and that "pratting around" is the way to make the current untouchable OP tanks irrelevant so new OP prem can be introduced. But I might be overthinking it and WG may be doing stupid mistakes. 

Otherwise, I mostly agree with @Ape although is3def has always been in the sealclubber's pool of tanks. But what is a funny gimmick of Blitzstars should not become a compensation of ingame frustration.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

Replicant_2 #1524 Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13451 battles
  • [HRG]

Your game your rules ... I have a huge collection in my main account missing only a few tanks. Over the time I have been playing the meta has evolved a lot.  Tanks that were OP no longer are - both tech tree and premiums. Players build up crew skills and the differences add up over time to provide advantages in how tanks play. Lots of toon play helps too. 

hmm, not sure we're talking about the same thing. Most people here have donated to the game more money than anyone would think is sensible (which may be a different amount for different people) and it's not the spending/ buying premium tanks that is contentious here. As a software dev myself I fully understand and support the need for a software product to earn money.

Btw, there is already an award for that "Mr.T" - all about the bling, for folks driving mostly premium tanks, I'm currently working my way towards the silver badge.

You say my game, my rules, well, where is the switch "no Smasher toons allowed"?

WG are cynically adding tanks that are stupidly out of balance and milking it, after a while everything gets power crept (the next update is yet another example) and so the cycle repeats.

My guess is that one of the following updates will buff meds which will now be relegated to the cannon fodder role and we'll be back to square one but with tanks fatter by a few cm of steel all around and few hundreds of hp. Curiously they won't get any slower from it, it's a magical anti-gravity armour plating.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Mjr_Eazy #1525 Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36738 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Personally, I have no problem with the awards on blitzstars adding a bit of humour and having an element of pee taking to them...

Usually I put most things WG do down to incompetence but I’ve got me tin-foil out for the OP premiums...

I’m sure it’s a deliberate ploy to make ‘em OP sell a load then power creep slowly with buffs to the tanks they face then they can rinse and repeat*

In Benjamin Cheever's novel The Plagiarist, a marketing executive becomes an industry legend by adding one word to shampoo bottles: REPEAT. He doubles shampoo sales overnight.

547146227.png

DumbApe #1526 Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34555 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostReplicant_2, on 21 October 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

You say my game, my rules, well, where is the switch "no Smasher toons allowed"?

I was referring to BlitzStars and what SockRobber wants to do with it ...  

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Titus_Scato #1527 Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles
  • [RTR]

View PostReplicant_2, on 21 October 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

Curiously they won't get any slower from it, it's a magical anti-gravity armour plating.

Absolutely - tank weight is a stat that never, ever gets buffed (reduced) or nerfed (increased).

SockRobber #1528 Posted 21 October 2020 - 03:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Postminitelrose, on 14 October 2020 - 12:43 AM, said:

Finally Got some new awards ideas.

the financer.

while self explanatory I will still explain :

picutre is an extremely wide angle within the background lower left corner small head with long arm leading to a hand with all the green bills filling the remaining space. 
it pictures the nice people financing this game for the rest of the players.

it would be awarded either to the guys with a large premium collection, or maybe to the guys owning a portion of the most recent premium addition. Like, they got above 50% of all new tanks added in last 3 months.

i would also like an award for people owning the smasher, and having played more than 1 battle with it.
These people should get some award, but I’m failing to make a positive or even ambiguous description, this is the part where I need the forum’s help. 

It could be extended to the other top performing tanks like the obj252u or wz120gft, or automatically updated to the top performing tanks. It replaces sealclubbing these days and should be awarded as such. On the picutre I might need help as well. I pictured a fantassin’s shoe (famously named in French « écrase-merdes »;) that take anout 2/3 rd of the top portion of the icon, falling down onto and crushing small plastic toy tanks.

Hey bud,

For 'The Financier' my feeling is this covers a lot of the same ground as the 'newest' award, the Mr T(ank), which is awarded based on premium tanks played as a % of total tanks played in the period.

For the smasher - as noted in later comments, the 'Seal Clubber' award also includes some (at this stage very outdated, I suppose) higher tier OP tanks. I think certainly this list could (should) be updated.

So my initial instinct is these are great ideas - however already covered perhaps? (Just need updating?)

View PostTitus_Scato, on 20 October 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

Just came here to say that I find the Shot Effectiveness stat interesting.

My best tank by shot effectiveness is the Cruiser II.

I have 600 battles in it, all from back when it was a Tier 3 tank, 500 of them with the 3.7 inch howitzer (280 avg. damage).

Shot Effectiveness : 213.19%

Next best is the D1.  110 battles, all from before it became a collector tank.  No derp gun here.  Shot/Eff: 178.96%

Lastly, the Valentine AT.  105 battles, from before it became a collector tank.  Mostly 3.7 inch howitzer.  Shot/Eff: 162.00%

It's a bit of an odd stat - interesting, but flawed - especially for those tanks as you note that have changed weirdly over time, and for tanks that have guns where there is more than 1 viable choice.

Stats are frequently padded by playing lower tiers in strong tech tree tanks by players with 10,000’s of games. The point I’m making is that BlitzStars is a great resource that can help players develop gameplay and their enjoyment.  However, there are issues where comparisons just don’t stack up over time.  I absolutely agree some premiums give advantages.  This is the way the game works and without folks spending money there would be no Blitz.  It seems as though what you are proposing is another little dig at people who buy premium tanks.  Not everyone has the time and inclination to play thousands of games while being creamed and if they can get leg up and fund the game in the process all the better in my book. As a final point this game has a bit of a problem that is growing imo. Just look at all the whinging that goes on ... this is just a flipping game.  If you really do think it is necessary to take the pi$$ out of folks say in chat - you don’t need make up stickers that mock them. 

View Postgallabru, on 21 October 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

I think it is intended from start and that "pratting around" is the way to make the current untouchable OP tanks irrelevant so new OP prem can be introduced. But I might be overthinking it and WG may be doing stupid mistakes. 

Otherwise, I mostly agree with @Ape although is3def has always been in the sealclubber's pool of tanks. But what is a funny gimmick of Blitzstars should not become a compensation of ingame frustration.

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 21 October 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

Personally, I have no problem with the awards on blitzstars adding a bit of humour and having an element of pee taking to them...

Usually I put most things WG do down to incompetence but I’ve got me tin-foil out for the OP premiums...

I’m sure it’s a deliberate ploy to make ‘em OP sell a load then power creep slowly with buffs to the tanks they face then they can rinse and repeat*

alatino;font-size:17px;">In Benjamin Cheever's novel The Plagiarist, a marketing executive becomes an industry legend by adding one word to shampoo bottles: REPEAT. He doubles shampoo sales overnight.

The awards will always be a 'fun' little addition to the site; just there to 'lighten the load' - both visually and mentally - of pure stats, tables, and graphs (and can be hidden). Folks shouldn't take them too seriously - and where there are potentially 'negative connotations' associated with an award (eg. seal clubber or Mr T), they should be taken in that good spirit, and indeed I think their descriptions and the artwork (thanks mrs robber) reflects that. Remember also that the awards are based on just 30 days stats, so no one is 'stuck' being 'classified' in any way for long.

I've no problem with a little in-game 'frustration' being taken out 'through' the awards - again, in the context of (and reinforcing that context) fun and remembering that it's just a game after all, however seriously some folks take it / their stats.

As with most bits of fun or jokes or whatever, they're always best if there's at least a slither of truth to them too.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

O_o__O_o__O_o #1529 Posted 21 October 2020 - 04:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51922 battles
  • [AFK]

i wear my seal clubber Ace with pride :medal:

but with all those events im down to 1st class not enough time for b2 :)

Titus_Scato #1530 Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles
  • [RTR]

View PostSockRobber, on 21 October 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

It's a bit of an odd stat - interesting, but flawed - especially for those tanks as you note that have changed weirdly over time, and for tanks that have guns where there is more than 1 viable choice.

Memories of the original Cruiser II:

O_o__O_o__O_o #1531 Posted 12 November 2020 - 08:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51922 battles
  • [AFK]
i think you should make seal clubbers badge for tier 8-10 since WG tries so hard to put newbies there
amount of free xp you get from clan missions is idiotic

Just_merpug #1532 Posted 30 November 2020 - 02:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58206 battles
  • [AFK]

I'm rather interested to know (as my aging memory doesn't remember what it might be) what the tank listed as "(Not in Wargaming's tankopedia)" might be, seeing as I have 125 games in the thing at a reasonable WR/WN8. Must be low tier, as I haven't played it since November 2017 and the DPB is showing as 288..

Edit: resolved it by doing comparison with blitztankstats.com - it's the Medium Mk 1

Edited by Just_merpug, 30 November 2020 - 02:12 PM.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Faotblack #1533 Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13076 battles
  • [0XIDE]

I think this should be fixed. IS-6 Fearless should have better stats and less players than the normal IS-6.

Posted Image

"Control is an illusion"

SockRobber #1534 Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostXchemisterBG, on 04 December 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

I think this should be fixed. IS-6 Fearless should have better stats and less players than the normal IS-6.

Posted Image

If you care to expand on the reasoning behind your opinion then it'll be easier to discuss...

O_o__O_o__O_o #1535 Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51922 battles
  • [AFK]

no one wants to buy is6 because most think its crap tank

is6 fearless is grinded by every 45-50% player in rated all you need to do is make 1k battles per month so no surprise if more people play fearless camo

however i think what you mean is that site is not calculating fearless stats because they are both identical on your screenshot

Faotblack #1536 Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13076 battles
  • [0XIDE]

View PostSockRobber, on 06 December 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

If you care to expand on the reasoning behind your opinion then it'll be easier to discuss...

As the screenshot says.. the IS-6 and IS-6 Fearless are totally different tanks, but yet they still have the same stats, and also the IS-6 Fearless is one or if not the rarest tank in the game so it's impossible for 10k players to have it.

"Control is an illusion"

SockRobber #1537 Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostXchemisterBG, on 07 December 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

As the screenshot says.. the IS-6 and IS-6 Fearless are totally different tanks, but yet they still have the same stats, and also the IS-6 Fearless is one or if not the rarest tank in the game so it's impossible for 10k players to have it.

I've highlighted the important part here.

Unless I'm missing something, or WG have made changes, you're basically the exact opposite of correct on this matter.

As for the numbers themselves, the list on the /tanks page is the data used by WN8 as 'expected values'. Hence IS-6 and IS-6 Fearless have the same numbers.

For unadulterated, raw usage numbers the Zeitgeist (homepage or full 'Pro' supporters version) must be used.

SockRobber #1538 Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]
Oh - almost forgot. Little update to BlitzStars today makes it so the 'Hall of Fame' that appears when you view an individual tank on a player's profile now shows seasonal HoF records, and also has the option to show other seasons/all time.

O_o__O_o__O_o #1539 Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51922 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSockRobber, on 07 December 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

I've highlighted the important part here.

Unless I'm missing something, or WG have made changes, you're basically the exact opposite of correct on this matter.

As for the numbers themselves, the list on the /tanks page is the data used by WN8 as 'expected values'. Hence IS-6 and IS-6 Fearless have the same numbers.

For unadulterated, raw usage numbers the Zeitgeist (homepage or full 'Pro' supporters version) must be used.

even that fearless is just camo they are still 2 different tanks

T34 and 1776,jg 8.8 and snowstorm are same like is6 and fearless but they show different numbers

you should combine 1776 and snowstorm with their no camo versions or separate fearless and is6

SockRobber #1540 Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]
The top of the 'Tanks' page explains the situation:

Block Quote

(averages from BlitzStars database of top 10,000 players per tank; sorted by battles; minimum 50 battles in tank; from players with overall winrates between 45-55%; re-skinned tanks show parent's stats. please report missing re-skins)

The Snowstorm JT 8.8 should be classed as a re-skin of the 8.8 JT

The T34 Indi should be classed as a re-skin of the T34

There are probably others too (??).

Seeing as we're on the topic, perhaps now is a good time to add a bunch if anyone knows any further ones? To clarify - we're looking for tanks that are to all extents and purposes identical apart from their skins. A good way to check/confirm is using tank compare.

If we can get a little list together I can then go in to the code and get them sorted all at once/together (makes my life easier!).

If there are no more proposed/submitted within a few days I'll just go ahead and get these 2 mentioned above sorted. I have no clue how many there are in Blitz these days. When I used to play there were very few (pretty much the 3 mentioned already). I don't know if that situation has changed. On WoT Console and PC I believe there are many more...

Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users