• Please log in to reply
1532 replies to this topic

STAHLWOLKE #21 Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24939 battles
  • [UTB]

Hi,

very nice work, design and technical. Keep up this good work.

One Future suggest: Games to get next 1% WR on a Tank. Like on this site:

http://wot.maxra.de/...name=_diavolus_

Out of Order

Sariel_ #22 Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5506 battles

View PostSockRobber, on 19 September 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hi Sariel,

WN8 formula compares your stats for a tank to the 'average' stats for the tank.

So - as your stats will likely be the same (or almost the same depending on the last time they were updated - on BlitzStars it is 'live', I don't know about other places), the difference would come from the 'averages' used.

In the case of the M46 Patton (example stats):

Winrate Damage ratio Damage Spots
BlitzStars average 53.64% 1.31 1,746 1.58
wotbstars average 47.95 ? 1,395 1.38

So as you can see, the average player in the BlitzStars database in the M46 Patton has better stats than the average in the wotbstars database.

Therefore you compare better versus the wotbstars database, meaning your WN8 will be higher.

At the minute, as BlitzStars.com is new and has <5,000 total players in the database, it is likely that the wotbstars average numbers are a better average. In reality, only Wargaming can give us 100% accurate averages and even then we can argue what averages to include (ie. only players with at least ? many battles in each tank are counted).

Hope that helps explain how it works and why there can be differences!

thx

View Post_Diavolus_, on 19 September 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

Hi,

This page never worked for me. 1 minute loading and when I check http://wot.maxra.de/userlist.php I am at 6th and 7th place, because it shows me 2 times there, as Sariel_ and my old nick KometaBrnoMihi.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 6.0

[H4PKY] náborové vlákno   My YT channel   Twitch - streaming clan battles

hson_hson #23 Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [_VLNT]

Don't know if its really relevant for you to include, but I've found out how the Personal Rating is calculated.

Personal Rating revealed

SockRobber #24 Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Post_Diavolus_, on 19 September 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

Hi,

Wow that site has a lot of data!

When it says games to the next 1% WR, I assume that is games to be won with no losses.

It was actually kind of depressing to see how many straight wins were needed to raise my WR even slightly... (also my data was out of date by 3.5% WR!).

Honestly not sure about this feature. It is certainly something I've not seen before.

It does make me consider that fact that 'periodic' data is actually more relevant, at least in some instances, than the cumulative data. For example, my total data is 'brought down' by hundreds of early games where I had no idea about any of the basic Blitz/WoT gameplay principles (I did't come from PC). Since then I have of course picked up on angling and side-scraping and hull-down etc. So my total stats now actually reflect me as a worse player than I am. More interesting would be the stats from my last 500 or 1000 games.

Periodic data is already in BlitzStars to some extent - the player stats graph and the individual tank stats graphs are now updated to show the stat from the last ~100 and last ~25 battles respectively. This data is much better at highlighting improvements and variances due to whatever changes happen (if you played the last 30 battles in your comet with a very different tactic/approach, for example).

View Posthson_hson, on 20 September 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

Don't know if its really relevant for you to include, but I've found out how the Personal Rating is calculated.

Personal Rating revealed

Ah nice - although in the thread you link to you've basically convinced me the rating isn't worth adding!

I'm pretty dubious about all these ratings systems honestly. WN8 seems the best general system, but it is still flawed. But of course we all like the idea of seeing one number that sums up our whole playing existence. It's easy!

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

Hero600 #25 Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45016 battles
  • [VG]
Looks neat

hson_hson #26 Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostSockRobber, on 20 September 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Ah nice - although in the thread you link to you've basically convinced me the rating isn't worth adding!

I'm pretty dubious about all these ratings systems honestly. WN8 seems the best general system, but it is still flawed. But of course we all like the idea of seeing one number that sums up our whole playing existence. It's easy!

Yeah, I think its useless for comparing two players, but there seem to be people who us it anyway (clans who require PR above X and so on) so I just wanted to let you know that there is a way to calculate it just as WG even though the API isn't providing it.

SockRobber #27 Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

BETA Update 2

Many minor fixes and tweaks have happened since the site went live a week ago.

The largest of them is the new 'tank view'.

The mobile version of the view was introduced a few days ago and now the full responsive version is ready for testing.

To access the view simply click on a row in the tanks table. If you have filters applied to the tanks table, those filters will apply to the tank view (when hitting 'previous' and 'next;).

There's nothing too revolutionary about it the view, although I hope it is sleek and clear. The only real addition over the previous 'inline' view is the 'This week's <TANK> Blitz Stars' section at the bottom, in the red. This is simply a list of the players who did the 'best' in the tank in the last 7 days. (Currently determined simply by winrate). In time I hope to incorporate this kind of rolling 'Hall of Fame' in other places on the site.

The other - potentially nice - thing that the new view allows is direct linking to a person's particular tank view. For example: http://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/GoneFlanking/tank/11537 takes you directly to the player's page with the tank view open (in this case, the view shown in the screenshots below, hopefully!).

The new view is designed to be responsive and as such will look different on different screen sizes and orientations. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs!

BlitzStars.com Tank Stats view 01

BlitzStars.com Tank Stats view 02

N3p3 #28 Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34878 battles
  • [VINCE]

Hi SockRobber

Fantastic work, Ive been using it the last days and I like it  a lot.

Is it possible to show for each tank the % of times it played as top tier, or -1/-2 ? together with wr for each of those categories?

Thanks

Mockney_piers #29 Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8586 battles

I notice the standard is wayyyyy higher than on wotbstars, something to do with this forum i reckon.

Asia

North America

Europe

Russia

We could probably do with a data gathering exercise a la stars before us.

Also the other servers could probably do with a slight kick up the proverbials.

Have you guys touted yourselves on the other fora at all?

hson_hson #30 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostN3p3, on 03 October 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Is it possible to show for each tank the % of times it played as top tier, or -1/-2 ? together with wr for each of those categories?

No WG's API doesn't provide that information

SockRobber #31 Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostN3p3, on 03 October 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Hi SockRobber

Fantastic work, Ive been using it the last days and I like it  a lot.

Thanks

Thanks man, glad you like the site.

As hson_hson says, unfortunately this information isn't provided :( One of the things I wanted to do when first thinking of messing around with the Blitz API was some statistical analysis on the MM. But it's a no go with the data we get. I went so far as to packet sniff the Blitz stream and, as far as I can tell, game history is saved locally on the device rather than 'fetched' when you go to view the 'latest battles' items. At this stage I haven't looked in to local data though I somehow doubt it's in a particularly readable format (and this is not my forte, and of course wouldn't help with the site - but would be interesting. Maybe someone with experience will take a look one day...).

View PostMockney_piers, on 03 October 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

I notice the standard is wayyyyy higher than on wotbstars, something to do with this forum i reckon.

Asia

North America

Europe

Russia

We could probably do with a data gathering exercise a la stars before us.

Also the other servers could probably do with a slight kick up the proverbials.

Have you guys touted yourselves on the other fora at all?

Yeah, we're currently sitting at an average WR of 54.26% which is probably a good 5-7% higher than the actual baseline. We're up to over 7.5k players now, which I'm pretty pleased with considering it's just been a couple of weeks to get about 4-4.5k new players in the system. It makes sense that those 'early adaptors/visitors' would likely be better players than your average joe.

The averages are *not* server specific though, so if one of the 12 Russian server people on the site look at their averages, they are 'vs everyone' rather than just 11 others.

The other factor, as far as the WN8s and percentiles go, is that I'm only counting stats when the tank has had over 100 battles in it towards the averages/percentiles. If other places include all stats or have a lower minimum battle count, it's likely the average would be lower too (as people with <100 battles in a tank either gave up on the tank because they hated it, and so were probably never good in it, or have just started playing it, and again, are probably either grinding stock and/or learning the tank).

I did make a post on the NA forums, and someone else made one on the asia forums, however there's not much traffic from those regions for now. As the site is still in beta and I'm still fixing/breaking/re-fixing things regularly, this might not be too bad a thing. There's already a lot more users than I had planned for in this period. Yesterday I had a couple of problems introducing some new back-end stuff on the site and so it was a bit 'up-and-down' for an hour or so and I felt bad for the people visiting...

Data/stat/player gathering is certainly one way to 'normalise' the stats (they're updated every ~24 hours). But it is a pain and I don't want to ask anyone to do it, and personally I'd rather spend my free timing coding or playing rather than farming player names right now. If it could be done 'automagically' (ie. being able to record players faced in battle etc) it would be nice. But I haven't found a way to do that.

SockRobber #32 Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]
<removed so as not to give anyone any ideas eh>

Edited by SockRobber, 03 October 2015 - 04:33 PM.

Mockney_piers #33 Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8586 battles

great feedback, thanks sockRobber.

Ok will hold off the call to arms for the time being until you're a bit happiuer stability wise.

hson_hson #34 Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostSockRobber, on 03 October 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

<removed so as not to give anyone any ideas eh>

Well, I thought of what that would entail and did some tests but realized that I couldn't do is just with wget so I never got that far ;)

SockRobber #35 Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Posthson_hson, on 03 October 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Well, I thought of what that would entail and did some tests but realized that I couldn't do is just with wget so I never got that far ;)

Aha, yeah, the site is a 'webapp' so if you wget pages I imagine you'd just find yourself with the templates as none of the javascript is run. All the data is 'live' and fetched from the WoT: Blitz API directly by the app from your browser (except the historical and averages data, which is fetch from the BlitzStars server). And then your browser does all the converting of raw stats in to graphs/wn8s etc.

At the minute the BlitzStars server saves/sees no clan details. Going forward (code added today), it will save a little data about an individual's clan. 

However, the principle is good and may be a solid way to seed the clan database table once it is added. Can then have a top clans section and stuff. Although I'm expecting, with Clan Wars, there will be something official. So I am hesitant to put in too much work on that side of things just yet. As for using it to seed some more 'average' players, I'd bet most people in clans are more serious players and so most clan members will be 'above average' players - not helping with that side of the problem too much.

hson_hson #36 Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostSockRobber, on 03 October 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

As for using it to seed some more 'average' players, I'd bet most people in clans are more serious players and so most clan members will be 'above average' players - not helping with that side of the problem too much.

But you can basically do something similar with the WG API, just increment the account_id from a low level and you will get a lot of players.

I've done some tests (with my own software) and you just have to find somewhere to start...

Mockney_piers #37 Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8586 battles

View PostSockRobber, on 03 October 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

As for using it to seed some more 'average' players, I'd bet most people in clans are more serious players and so most clan members will be 'above average' players - not helping with that side of the problem too much.

I'd love to see some proper stats on that.

There are many members of good clans here, but I've no doubt that most clans reflect the noobishness of the population as a whole pretty accurately.

Dassem_ #38 Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31695 battles
  • [AFK]
ehm.. on the best tanks with more than 100 battles... does it have to be 101 battles or more to register? I (rage)sold my Churcill GC at exatly 100 battles, and on wotbstars its registered as my "best with 100 battles", while on blitzstars its not registered on the best tanks list at all.

Check out The Dassem Channel

SockRobber #39 Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21499 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Posthson_hson, on 03 October 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

But you can basically do something similar with the WG API, just increment the account_id from a low level and you will get a lot of players.

I've done some tests (with my own software) and you just have to find somewhere to start...

Yeah I had a look at that too. And certainly they are in some way sequential but there's something weird going on too. ie. From my account ID, +1 and -1 are legit accounts. So in theory you could just go up and down from 1 legit starting point. But the IDs are in the hundreds of millions (or at least some of them are). So I imagine there is a region/country/something type of prefix thing going on. May investigate further at some stage...

View PostMockney_piers, on 03 October 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'd love to see some proper stats on that.

There are many members of good clans here, but I've no doubt that most clans reflect the noobishness of the population as a whole pretty accurately.

Remind me in a couple of weeks when the BlitzStars DB will have had some time to collect data on it and I'll give you some numbers. I *may* even scape the clan API and if I do we'll have some solid numbers on the clan side of things.

View PostDassem_Ultor_, on 03 October 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

ehm.. on the best tanks with more than 100 battles... does it have to be 101 battles or more to register? I (rage)sold my Churcill GC at exatly 100 battles, and on wotbstars its registered as my "best with 100 battles", while on blitzstars its not registered on the best tanks list at all.

Weirdly you're not the first to ask about this. I guess because it is slightly different elsewhere. I have amended it to 'a minimum of 100 battles'. The change should be live already (may need a page refresh).

EDIT:

Been working on 'sigs'.

Do people approve? Any feedback? Not really sure where to take it. Main 'feature' is that stats are based on a rolling 30 day performance.

Edited by SockRobber, 04 October 2015 - 12:08 AM.

hson_hson #40 Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostSockRobber, on 04 October 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

Yeah I had a look at that too. And certainly they are in some way sequential but there's something weird going on too. ie. From my account ID, +1 and -1 are legit accounts. So in theory you could just go up and down from 1 legit starting point. But the IDs are in the hundreds of millions (or at least some of them are). So I imagine there is a region/country/something type of prefix thing going on. May investigate further at some stage...

Well, the account_id range is not unique for Blitz, its your WG account_id regardless of which game you play.

But as you say, they seem to have prefixed the account_id range for each region (probably for future use).

EU id range start at 500M, NA at 1B and Asia at 2B.

RU seem to have started at 1

Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users