Jump to content


BlitzStars | BETA

stats statistics history tracking compare improve guide

  • Please log in to reply
1202 replies to this topic

SockRobber #721 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21499 battles
  • 544
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

View Postb48g55m, on 10 October 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

 

@SockRobber: thank you! In your knowledge, is there a player presence api method or a way to (with consent) detect player's online presence?

 

There is no such API call that I am aware of. When I've thought about it before (for a friends list feature), the best I could come up with was simply to check the 'last battle time' and to assume that anyone who has had a battle in the last 10-15 minutes is online.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


b48g55m #722 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25919 battles
  • 266
  • [CROWD]
  • Member since:
    10-11-2015

View Postcoen1974, on 09 October 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Thanks, time permitting i will look into this. Not a great programmer myself, but a weekend should do...:hiding:

 

just tested it, in python, in less then an hour. follow instructions at https://www.gngrninj...on-raspberry-pi , mostly i needed the actual discord app registration description. you also have to register WG app for API key

 

for dischord, pip install discord.py , nice examples here: https://github.com/Rapptz/discord.py

for WG api, pip install wargaming  , docs: http://python-wargam...readthedocs.io/

 

Spoiler

 

and it all works nicely together :) , just format it...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by b48g55m, 14 October 2017 - 10:12 PM.

...

Chairman_merpug #723 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45767 battles
  • 8,954
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
A Blitzstars Android app seems to have happened...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


SockRobber #724 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21499 battles
  • 544
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

View Postmrpgilbert, on 14 October 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

A Blitzstars Android app seems to have happened...

 

Not by me. Have a play store link? I can't find anything.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


Chairman_merpug #725 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45767 battles
  • 8,954
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostSockRobber, on 14 October 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

 

Not by me. Have a play store link? I can't find anything.

Well, maybe not an app, as I didn't have to install it, but it has generated a home screen shortcut icon all by itself. Which is nice. Obviously a well behaved site. :)


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


SockRobber #726 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21499 battles
  • 544
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

Ah okay, cool.

 

Yeah, BlitzStars has most PWA ('progressive web app;) stuff done at this stage, so you can 'add to homescreen' etc on android (and similar on ios) and get some slight performance improvements, and also get rid of the address bar (which give a slightly better experience imo). There is however no 'offline' support.


BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


b48g55m #727 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25919 battles
  • 266
  • [CROWD]
  • Member since:
    10-11-2015

View PostSockRobber, on 14 October 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

Ah okay, cool.

 

Yeah, BlitzStars has most PWA ('progressive web app;) stuff done at this stage, so you can 'add to homescreen' etc on android (and similar on ios) and get some slight performance improvements, and also get rid of the address bar (which give a slightly better experience imo). There is however no 'offline' support.

 

i actually disable PWA in firefox mobile as with it enabled, it only allows one icon on desktop for blitzstars, as opposed to multiple icons→links to several players.
...

b48g55m #728 Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25919 battles
  • 266
  • [CROWD]
  • Member since:
    10-11-2015

View Postcoen1974, on 09 October 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

Thanks, time permitting i will look into this. Not a great programmer myself, but a weekend should do...:hiding:

 

message me if you are interested, i keep on playing with that...

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by b48g55m, 15 October 2017 - 06:30 PM.

...

minitelrose #729 Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 71929 battles
  • 7,784
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

^^^

 

Lol THAT PLAYER NAME :

 

cancraker_loves_MM 

 

:)


Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

 


ANNOnymus_Tank #730 Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18149 battles
  • 300
  • [REIT]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2016

First of all, I love your site. Thanks for your dedication.

But I had to notice that it seems to have issues getting data from WoTB, since my stats won't change since noon today.

 

Update: It's just the overall stats, at least the stats per tank seem to be right.

Next Update: It works again.

 

Keep on rocking!


Edited by ANNOnymus_Tank, 18 October 2017 - 07:55 AM.


SockRobber #731 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21499 battles
  • 544
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

View PostANNOnymus_Tank, on 17 October 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

First of all, I love your site. Thanks for your dedication.

But I had to notice that it seems to have issues getting data from WoTB, since my stats won't change since noon today.

 

Update: It's just the overall stats, at least the stats per tank seem to be right.

Next Update: It works again.

 

Keep on rocking!

 

Good to hear it resolved itself. Likely was a WG issue as live stats are fetched directly by the 'BlitzStars webapp' in your browser from WG's servers.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


TonySpoons #732 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5239 battles
  • 245
  • [IRMA]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2014
Why is some of the data on a clan player list stale?  My WN8/7 are both wrong while everything else is correct?

Edited by TonySpoons, 18 October 2017 - 02:58 PM.

It Really Means: Active Frontline Klan


SockRobber #733 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21499 battles
  • 544
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

View PostTonySpoons, on 18 October 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

Why is some of the data on a clan player list stale?  My WN8/7 are both wrong while everything else is correct?

 

The answer is written directly above the table itself:

"Platoon, WN8, WN7 and Average Tier data is from historical records and accurate to within ~ 100 battles / 24 hours."

This is because WG does not supply these numbers and so BlitzStars uses it's historical records for them.

This applies for clan listings only - data on individual player pages is 'live'.


BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


TonySpoons #734 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5239 battles
  • 245
  • [IRMA]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2014

View PostSockRobber, on 18 October 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

 

The answer is written directly above the table itself:

"Platoon, WN8, WN7 and Average Tier data is from historical records and accurate to within ~ 100 battles / 24 hours."

This is because WG does not supply these numbers and so BlitzStars uses it's historical records for them.

This applies for clan listings only - data on individual player pages is 'live'.

Thanks, just seems mine hasn't changed for a very very long time on the clan listing, harder to work out who does/doesn't need tips for their gameplay if the numbers aren't updating. Loving the site otherwise!


It Really Means: Active Frontline Klan


SockRobber #735 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21499 battles
  • 544
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

View PostTonySpoons, on 18 October 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Thanks, just seems mine hasn't changed for a very very long time on the clan listing, harder to work out who does/doesn't need tips for their gameplay if the numbers aren't updating. Loving the site otherwise!

 

Are you comparing the same periods? ie. 30day to 30day? When I look at your 30 day stats it's 1/2 a winrate % and 20 points WN8 and <20 games behind. Which isn't tooo bad.

 

Issue is that to work out the more complex stats, and stats that aren't directly from WG, you need all the tank stats and history for each player in the clan to be loaded live for them to be live. And the WG API would just cry (and the BlitzStars server, and your browser where most of the calculations happen).


BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


JoseOlas #736 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 71210 battles
  • 2,722
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2014
I miss you socky 

TonySpoons #737 Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5239 battles
  • 245
  • [IRMA]
  • Member since:
    08-16-2014

View PostSockRobber, on 18 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

 

Are you comparing the same periods? ie. 30day to 30day? When I look at your 30 day stats it's 1/2 a winrate % and 20 points WN8 and <20 games behind. Which isn't tooo bad.

 

Issue is that to work out the more complex stats, and stats that aren't directly from WG, you need all the tank stats and history for each player in the clan to be loaded live for them to be live. And the WG API would just cry (and the BlitzStars server, and your browser where most of the calculations happen).

 

It was more for the career stats, but if it's an issue that is TFD then don't worry :)

It Really Means: Active Frontline Klan


b48g55m #738 Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25919 battles
  • 266
  • [CROWD]
  • Member since:
    10-11-2015

moved discord bot conversation to new topic: http://forum.wotblit...ord-bot-wotbot/

 

cheers


...

SockRobber #739 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21499 battles
  • 544
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

View PostJoseOlas, on 19 October 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

I miss you socky 

 

Hyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyyy

 

View PostTonySpoons, on 19 October 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

 

It was more for the career stats, but if it's an issue that is TFD then don't worry :)

 

Hmmm well career should in theory be live... with the WN8 etc as mentioned previously only being behind by a day or two for active players, as per the disclaimer. Maybe I will take a proper look at some point.

 

 

Little update / 20th October

BlitzStars got a minor update today. Search has been 'improved' to now show results for players and clans at the same time. This should remove the confusion with the old system, and there's now no need to precede searches with a ',' or '[' when wanting to search for clans. 

 

It's also now possible to switch between battles and date on the X axis on individual tank graphs (the graphs that show in the popup when you click on a tank's row on a player's profile).


BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player statistics signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz


The_noble_Prinz #740 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8809 battles
  • 791
  • [NTD01]
  • Member since:
    03-22-2017

A Rival stat website called WOTBlitzstars just died so I'm coming back onto your website!

I heard you have some fancy new things.


   
 

 

 "Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  
 





Also tagged with stats, statistics, history, tracking, compare, improve, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users