Community Contributor Program - FAQ

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• EU Community
  • 296 battles
  • [CIRC]

As some of you already know, we run a community contributor program for our other World of... titles and have already started expanding to World of Tanks Blitz. Through this program, we express our gratitude and offer our support to individual players who made a significant contribution towards the game and its growing Community.

Community Contributor FAQ
Q1. Who are the Community Contributors?
So what and who are the Community Contributors you may ask? They are awesome players who assist and help players of Wargaming games, such as showing off their love for Wargaming products over their stream or youtube, run a fansite or facebook page providing helpful answers, writing guides, run in-game events in our contest area, etc. Basically those of you who voluntarily dedicate your time and energy towards your love for Wargaming games and in doing so, improve the online community experience for others!  

Q2. Do Community Contributors represent Wargaming?
The Community Contributors are trusted members of the community that we want to work very closely with by sharing info with them as well as help them in their projects. Their opinions and stances remain totally their own and not those of Wargaming.

Q3. How do we select those who become Community Contributors?

Each case will be considered individually. However, a Community Contributor should have at least 3 months of (continuous) community contribution and interaction with Wargaming.net players via different channels such as: forum, fan site, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.  Additionally, Contributors should have a good forum conduct for no less than half a year. No medium to major offences are allowed.

Q4. Do Community Contributors receive any payment from Wargaming?
Nope. Those recognized as Community Contributors work with the EU community staff to further fuel their hobby and audience, there is no payment involved.

Q5. Can I recommend someone to become the World of Tanks Community Contributor?
Of course! However Contributors will always be selected by the Community team.

Q6. What comes with being a Community Contributor?
Within your community region, you will automatically have a “Contributor” rank placed next to your name on the forum in blue. Additionally, those recognized will receive: occasional social media promotion on our main facebook/twitter/website, early access to certain game content, bonus codes/gold* for selected contests and events.
*this will depend on the event and will be sponsored by the Community team for each event done.

Q7. Cool! Are there already any Community Contributors?
Yes! Some of you may have already noticed streams and community members getting mentioned on our Facebook to bring more exposure to their videos, contests, streams or guides. Other community contributors have been given access to new tanks coming out in the upcoming patches to share with all of you. 

Q8. Sounds great, where do I apply?

If you think you have what it takes, please send your application to the community team via forum PM. (Cynd3r, MrConway, Ph3lan, Kandly) Please make sure to include links to your channel, posts or other work, a short description of yourself and why you think you would make a great contributor.

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

papigion #2 Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41754 battles
  • [PHNX]

at last an explanation :) and i was wondering why i am not one:trollface:

thank you MrC

Edited by niounia, 23 September 2015 - 03:27 PM.

Sariel_ #3 Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5506 battles
I tried to be a czech CC, because I am writing guides etc., but the answer was I need to make videos on youtube. So the main point of CC is representing the game on YT and entice more people for playing Blitz. 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 6.0

[H4PKY] náborové vlákno   My YT channel   Twitch - streaming clan battles

Blast_LGN #4 Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26075 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostMrConway, on 23 September 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Community Contributor FAQ

Red is the colour reserved solely for the use of the Senior Moderator BigBadVuk! :P

Edited by BigBadVuk, 24 September 2015 - 04:58 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

U wot m8?

Minecraftexpert_25 #5 Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 747 battles
  • [_VLNT]

View PostBlast_44, on 23 September 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Red is the colour reserved solely for the use of the Senior Moderator BigBadVuk! :P

or any WG mod/employee. 

Edited by BigBadVuk, 24 September 2015 - 04:58 AM.

BigBadVuk #6 Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

Get back on track - Community contributors.

Rules are explained in separate announcement and they are not for discussion.

Schoullzen #7 Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19300 battles
I know two CC s who havent done nothing for 10 months. I gave their names and wrote a ticket about them and ur wg customer service said that it was not our business lol. Do you have any rule for the ones who havent done nothing for months? 

Penguin_Ninja #8 Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11171 battles

This is certainly a great opportunity for someone. From where I stand my main issue would be screen capture for ios. As it stands the current applications available to the un jailbroken ios community really don't cut the mustard when it comes to recording games. You either get bad lag, poor image quality or it stops mid recording. 

I personally can't talk for anyone else's experience with these applications, I use an Ipad air 2 and have continously had bad results. 

I'm well aware that if someone owns a portable ios device and a MAC then recording is easy and of good quality,  but not everyone can spend thousands on a MAC. 

There are applications available for Android that do a good job, however I believe the quality you get from Apple is second to none. 

My point here is, is that Apple recently released the ios 9.0 and now 9.1 update. This update includes an application that developers, (i.e WG)  would need to bake into blitz to allow ios users the ability to record perfect footage of brilliant games in perfect definition. 

Please could you guys consider including this ability in Blitz for a future update, it would help all ios users and potential community contributers screen capture much easier. 

Thank you. 

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF THE LEGION.

Tomas_LGN #9 Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28334 battles
  • [LGN]
Yes totally agree! Apple have said that an amateur developer should be able to integrate this into their app so there is no reason WG couldn't...however I do see that they may like to have it for android as well so they could just use their own game recording which would be compatible for android also. I hope it comes soon as they have promised it many times not but it still hasn't come yet and it's very hard to record without JB or a MAC and it won't work on my iPhone or iPad. Hopefully if I get a new iPhone 6s I'll be able to record on that but still default recording feature would be great!

LGN for Life

Discord server invite: https://discord.gg/HHNuXqq

unkindest #10 Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39662 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Posttomas898989_2014, on 24 September 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

Yes totally agree! Apple have said that an amateur developer should be able to integrate this into their app so there is no reason WG couldn't...however I do see that they may like to have it for android as well so they could just use their own game recording which would be compatible for android also. I hope it comes soon as they have promised it many times not but it still hasn't come yet and it's very hard to record without JB or a MAC and it won't work on my iPhone or iPad. Hopefully if I get a new iPhone 6s I'll be able to record on that but still default recording feature would be great!

Russian_Tanker_15 #11 Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 93 battles
How can I have the contributor account? I already log in?

Xx_ToXiC_GoLdNoOb_xX #12 Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34119 battles
  • [PHNX]

View PostRussian_Tanker_15, on 27 September 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

How can I have the contributor account? I already log in?

You just can't get it yet. Read original post of MrConway. CC isn't thing you get if you just happen to want it...

"JoseOlas kiss me where the backs ends their noble name ... and I hope to meet you in battle, where you play a weaker team... I would be very happy to see how you win." gregerski

Cleetrimber #13 Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31858 battles
  • [AXI]

View Postrhn86, on 24 September 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

I know two CC s who havent done nothing for 10 months. I gave their names and wrote a ticket about them and ur wg customer service said that it was not our business lol. Do you have any rule for the ones who havent done nothing for months? 

Have not done anything! what you have written is a double negative! (grammar police)

ACHIVER #14 Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13 battles

It was a great idea and we need good hardworking Contributor needed. And I will try my best help members in the forum

ACHIVER

MAYAVI #15 Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2694 battles
I belive i will Be Become a Community Contributor Soon!. I like to Help Team Members Much More I can...................:medal:

MeetThyDoom #16 Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17391 battles
  • [IRMA]
So, I need 3 months of fantastic activity...one month of drule so far. here's to the next three months being full of helpful information!

Check out some of my guides, I'm sure they'll be of use to you.

Guide to the KV-2  Guide to Tank Destroyers  Guide to Armour  Guide to Light Tanks  Guide to not being seen,

WOT_Reviews #17 Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
I cannot message the staff I don't know why

GreatDragon4724 #18 Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 20694 battles
NVM I KNOW NOW

Edited by GreatDragon4724, 21 March 2016 - 09:03 PM.

Probably going to continue doing youtube after leaving my channel collecting dust

subscribe now 370 subs and counting: https://www.youtube....JgwAm2yIeikdqrg

martindogger #19 Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 24754 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostGreatDragon4724, on 24 January 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

So, do I need to do something special like a certain amount of subs for this?

All requirements are in the OP above. 

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

ZX6R_Elmo #20 Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15008 battles
  • [VG-II]
Are moderators Community Contributors?

YouTube: Elmo On Blitz http://www.youtube.com/c/ElmoOnBlitz 

Vanguard, is Home.