• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Radojevicuros22 #121 Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5290 battles
  • [R2D]

View Postqurrel99, on 14 November 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

they should buff its turret armour, they did it in wot PC and it became a competitive tank 

I agree, its turret can be bouncy, but also has lot of weakspots.

Wildoneshelper #122 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1917 battles
  • [GNEIS]
IS-8 can be pretty frustrating when you are grinding it. If you are facing up tiers, you have to pray that your teammates are good because penetration and dpm and armor are utterly horrendous when you are not fully upgraded. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is to say in chat that you are stock so that your teammates can acknowledge you. Other than that, good luck on grinding IS-8. For me, IS-8 is not bad when it is fully upgraded. The gun is decent and the mobility is fair. The problem is the armor, especially facing up tiers. It is best for you to sidescrape because this tank can sidescrape. I would also highlight the importance of PLAYING AS IF IT IS A HEAVY TANK. Playing it aggressively will not work for you because you have low dpm and poor armor. The enemies can react quickly and will leave you exposed. Play it defensively and cover is your best friend. Let me reiterate: DO NOT PLAY AGGRESSIVELY WITH THIS TANK. This is not IS-7, end of story.

Edited by Wildoneshelper, 06 January 2018 - 04:38 PM.

A dedicated hater of IS-7 since day one. (Unpopular opinion :P )

romsitsa #123 Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34517 battles
  • [VG]

You play it plain wrong. It has the second highest dpm of all tier IX heavies and decent armor. More importantly, it has enough speed to support meds or become a med, enough agility to dodge and enough HP to survive multiple hits.

A

Wildoneshelper #124 Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1917 battles
  • [GNEIS]

View Postromsitsa, on 06 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

You play it plain wrong. It has the second highest dpm of all tier IX heavies and decent armor. More importantly, it has enough speed to support meds or become a med, enough agility to dodge and enough HP to survive multiple hits.

A

Despite having the second highest dpm of all tier IX heavies, only 1 tier IX medium has lower dpm than IS-8 which is Centurion Mk. 7/1. Most of the mediums have dpm values around 2400-2500 compared to IS-8 with 2167.2 without any equipment or provisions. I agree it has a decent mobility and enough HP but IS-8 lacks some essential elements to be a medium, including a moderate amount of depression (IS-8 has 5 degrees), fast aiming time and low dispersion. Missing or bouncing a shot from an IS-8 means you have to wait another 11-12 seconds for a round, meaning every shot counts in IS-8. This also takes a heavy toll on the tank's dpm. For other tanks missing or bouncing a shot isn't too consequential like T-54 that allows you to wait for about 7.5 seconds for another 310 dmg round. It is also dangerous to assume IS-8 has enough armor because most tier X tanks have little problem in penetrating a IS-8, allowing them to react quickly to an IS-8. If I was playing it plain wrong, I wouldn't be able to salvage my extremely poor stats in IS-8 during grinding to above average in my Asia account.

romsitsa #125 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34517 battles
  • [VG]

Compared to a tier IX med, IS-8 will pen it on the move and ram it for a further 2-300 dmg, except you hit an E50.

The fact that a tier X can pen a tier IX is not lack of armor, it's normal. 

A

Wildoneshelper #126 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1917 battles
  • [GNEIS]

View Postromsitsa, on 06 January 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Compared to a tier IX med, IS-8 will pen it on the move and ram it for a further 2-300 dmg, except you hit an E50.

The fact that a tier X can pen a tier IX is not lack of armor, it's normal. 

A

Usually for a typical medium you won't use it for brawling or getting close to tanks and ramming tanks aren't common. I could see why IS-8 can pen tanks on the move. Armor would be of very little significance if it is to be played like a medium. Anyway, if one's strategy suits oneself, then it is completely fine.

RustyRaptor #127 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2271 battles
  • [R3B3L]

View PostWildoneshelper, on 06 January 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

IS-8 can be pretty frustrating when you are grinding it. If you are facing up tiers, you have to pray that your teammates are good because penetration and dpm and armor are utterly horrendous when you are not fully upgraded. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is to say in chat that you are stock so that your teammates can acknowledge you. Other than that, good luck on grinding IS-8. For me, IS-8 is not bad when it is fully upgraded. The gun is decent and the mobility is fair. The problem is the armor, especially facing up tiers. It is best for you to sidescrape because this tank can sidescrape. I would also highlight the importance of PLAYING AS IF IT IS A HEAVY TANK. Playing it aggressively will not work for you because you have low dpm and poor armor. The enemies can react quickly and will leave you exposed. Play it defensively and cover is your best friend. Let me reiterate: DO NOT PLAY AGGRESSIVELY WITH THIS TANK. This is not IS-7, end of story.

Seriously is there a heavy tank that actually brawls as an heavy tank?Every heavy tank review just says:"Oh this heavy tank isnt for brawling,and this other one isnt either,and the other 2 next on the line".Christ you people only know how to camp and play in a """""""""supporting""""""""" role,never brawl according to you.

Wildoneshelper #128 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1917 battles
  • [GNEIS]

View PostRustyRaptor, on 12 January 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Seriously is there a heavy tank that actually brawls as an heavy tank?Every heavy tank review just says:"Oh this heavy tank isnt for brawling,and this other one isnt either,and the other 2 next on the line".Christ you people only know how to camp and play in a """""""""supporting""""""""" role,never brawl according to you.

IS-7, would add IS-3 as well... I would say you should brawl if either you can circle of death or have a lot of armor but with adequate traverse speed. That means I would also recommend brawling with Dracula or Cromwell when if you still have sufficient hitpoint pool. There is no problem playing in a supporting role and that is not camping. For me, conserving hitpoints is as important as doing damage. That's why I think rushing recklessly is the biggest crime in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users