Is Tier V what separates noobs from pros?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Waddujuc #1 Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1724 battles
  • [JAPEN]
I'm just curious and asking this because the starting point and leveling up from Tier I to II, from II to III and from III to IV is fairly easy but holy hell credits and experience required for Tier V tanks is just ridiculous! I know I know I can get everything easierwith just investing some euros here and there but I'm not gonna invest my hard earned money to this just yet.

So I'm just asking why the difference between Tier IV and Tier V is SO big. To some (or to all) this might seem like most silliest question of 'em all but I don't know the answer so that's why I'm asking :/

Schoullzen #2 Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19305 battles
what will happen when you come to the edge of tier 10 or 9 ? 250k exp 360k exp etc.

Titus_Scato #3 Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles
  • [RTR]

Tier 5 is much tougher than Tier 4, because in a Tier 5 tank, you have to fight Tier 7 opponents quite often.

All new players think that they are losing because they are in a low tier tank, and getting a better, higher tier tank will make them win more often.  NOT TRUE.  In fact, the higher tier your tank is, the more often you will lose - because you will have to fight more experienced players, driving even better tanks than you.  Climbing the tiers is not the solution to a low win rate.

Look at your stats.  Notice your win rate per tier is getting worse the higher tier you are playing in.

http://www.wotbstars.com/index.php?usr=Waddujuc&geo=EU&lng=eng

Don't feel bad about this, the same thing happened to me.  My stats were just as bad as yours a year ago.

Blitz is all about experience, playing lots and lots of games, learning as you go.  The best way to learn is to play lots of games in the low tiers, and learn the maps really well.

My advice is to play, and fully research (all the modules) all the tanks in Tier 1, then sell them.  Then do the same in ALL the tanks in Tier 2.  Then ALL the tanks in Tier 3.  Then ALL the tanks in Tier 4.  And only after all that, progress to Tier 5.  By then, you should have over 2 million credits, and be able to afford all the new Tier 5 tanks and equipment you want.  And you will have played around 3,000 games, becoming an experienced player.

The Tier 5 tanks are a showcase of what to expect in Tier 6, 7, and 8. Unless you can get at least a 50% win rate in any Tier 5 tank you play, you won't stand a chance in the higher tiers.  I'd suggest playing many different Tier 5 tanks, find one that you really like and play very well, then continue that line to Tier 10.

Take my advice.  Stay in the low tiers until you've researched everything down there.  You'll become a much better player if you do.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 14 December 2015 - 06:18 PM.

Zagor_te_nei #4 Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 49933 battles
  • [AFK]

Don't rush! Going to early to higher tiers is not good, IT will only make you Frustrated. When you GET to tier IV, german line has wonderful tanks to Play (for some time) and practice (and earn credits). After that, IT will be easier for you to choose what playing style do you prefer.

Even pros Are very often playing low tiers (although some of them keep that as a secret :hiding:) for various reasons.

Proud noob member of Active Frontline Klan

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!     ...  Robert A. Heinlein

kinghades42 #5 Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23633 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 14 December 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Tier 5 is much tougher than Tier 4, because in a Tier 5 tank, you have to fight Tier 7 opponents quite often.

All new players think that they are losing because they are in a low tier tank, and getting a better, higher tier tank will make them win more often.  NOT TRUE.  In fact, the higher tier your tank is, the more often you will lose - because you will have to fight more experienced players, driving even better tanks than you.  Climbing the tiers is not the solution to a low win rate.

Look at your stats.  Notice your win rate per tier is getting worse the higher tier you are playing in.

http://www.wotbstars.com/index.php?usr=Waddujuc&geo=EU&lng=eng

Don't feel bad about this, the same thing happened to me.  My stats were just as bad as yours a year ago.

Blitz is all about experience, playing lots and lots of games, learning as you go.  The best way to learn is to play lots of games in the low tiers, and learn the maps really well.

My advice is to play, and fully research (all the modules) all the tanks in Tier 1, then sell them.  Then do the same in ALL the tanks in Tier 2.  Then ALL the tanks in Tier 3.  Then ALL the tanks in Tier 4.  And only after all that, progress to Tier 5.  By then, you should have over 2 million credits, and be able to afford all the new Tier 5 tanks and equipment you want.  And you will have played around 3,000 games, becoming an experienced player.

The Tier 5 tanks are a showcase of what to expect in Tier 6, 7, and 8. Unless you can get at least a 50% win rate in any Tier 5 tank you play, you won't stand a chance in the higher tiers.  I'd suggest playing many different Tier 5 tanks, find one that you really like and play very well, then continue that line to Tier 10.

Take my advice.  Stay in the low tiers until you've researched everything down there.  You'll become a much better player if you do.

(Sorry! I downvoted you by mistake! I meant to upvote you because I totally agree with you)

But every person starting out as newb just really want the big tanks as fast as possible. I remember I too kind of the rush to get the higher tier vehicles. I remember hating some of the tier IVs because it was taking me forever to grind the tier Vs. (most especially the M3 Lee) And if you're rushing to get a Tiger than I'd recommend to slow down a but because the Blitz version doesnt do the real thing justice. 

Now that I own an ST I, I can safely say that I find higher tier games a lot more stressful than tier V and below. When I kind of slowed down climbing the tiers, and went back to every line I became a better player. At the moment I have every tier V researched and all of them played (except the AT-2, which is quite frankly overpowered anyway). I too really recommend playing all the lines first and if you had the money for enough garage slots, I would also recommend trying to go down every line for as long as possible. 

Some of my favourite tanks are tier IV. One tank that I would recommend for a new player is the Panzer III, it has great mobility, a nice rapid fire gun and decent armour. A line that I would recommend as well is the Russian mediums. They can teach you a lot of things that you can put to use in all your other tanks. I would also recommend searching the forums for guides and using YouTube to watch gameplays of experienced players. One channel I would recommend is BushkaOnBlitz.

So basically, don't be in any rush to get to the higher tiers. They're not as fun as they're made out to be for most. Take your tome learning skills, because I can tell you, if you rush into a high tier tank, you wont do very well in it and you'll regret when you have thousands of games under your belt.

Proud Deputy Leader of IRMA!

85swatMT #6 Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3376 battles

Stay longer on tier 4, there are great tanks, and KV1 and Tier 5 mediums as opponents will prepare you better for tier 5, especially when you will face tier 6 & 7 there :) So you have great tanks to choose, great opponents and only +1 tier. Great tank to learn you how to play with heavy tank is german DW2 - play as much as possible before they nerf it. It is great tank with top gun, will teach you how angle and side-scrape which you will use in KV1. If you want to learn mediums then I recommend Pz III, Pz IVD and Ke-Ho or Chi-He. If you want challenge then try A20 and Covenanter they will teach you how to flank.

PS: M3 Lee is great tank :)

jesQuick #7 Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10789 battles
Don't forget the t-150! It's a beast and so much fun... Some might even say it's OP. 

The_Kataphraktoi #8 Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23982 battles
  • [ER4SE]
Trust me tier ten has some serious noobery. All those with no talent rush to get a bigger and better tank and finally land in tier ten with no idea of how to fight. Theses people are usually in e100s and drag you down with them. Tier eight and nine are pretty strong tiers, but tier ten can be a joke. My advice, which is worth very little, hang around tier 7 and 8 and get experience. 
Courage - and shuffle the cards!
Infamy! Infamy! They've all got in-for-me! :teethhappy:

Winners lose more than losers! They win and lose more, because winners stay in the game.

IrmaBecx #9 Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32201 battles
  • [AFK]
Situational awareness is what separates noobs from pros.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

gimlison #10 Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 45664 battles
  • [BTZ]
tier 5-7 is most fun. there is enough people that dont take the game too seriously and still sort-of-know how to use the maps and terrain... in tier 9-10 (know it from the perspective of t8/t9 tank) it seems to me that people stop thinking of it as of a game...

The_Mighty_Wombat #11 Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39772 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Even in low tiers try and practice the basics of hull down shooting, using cover and slight angling(side scraping).

Watch what you team does, sometimes there are good players in the lower tiers. 

Seeing is understanding, so check out some of the great YouTube channels people have.

The longer you live and do more damage, then the more XP and credits you will earn. 

This will speed things up for you.

Edited by Dans79Vet, 02 February 2016 - 10:37 AM.

MosjeDayan #12 Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28625 battles
In all tiers are big noobs. Saw a Tiger P camping and shooting with his back to the enemey. I send him a message after the battle. Received a message from him to shut up because he is a very good player. I couldnt believe so checked his stats. 11.000 battles, star 1 full red. So I send him a link...

Fury_733 #13 Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles

Ehh let me see. Tier 4 is quite a good tier to play with. However, tier 5 will give you a little stress. Firstly, it goes with tier 7. I remember when I was up to tier 5, I literally hated WG :teethhappy:

Anyway secondly, tier 5 I believe is one of the most 'noob used' tier in wot blitz. So many noobs whenever I play with my tier 5. 

And yeah thats why I think tier 5 is harder to play

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

bazzaw156 #14 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 66469 battles
  • [EMRS]

We have all done this.. been there and experienced it what your going through now.. But if I can offer some advice, follow the guidelines of the above players, working through the tiers and mastering the technique of tanking is done in the tiers from 1 to 4.

If you do not master the lower tiers, you will regret it late on, as I am doing now. My higher tier tanks have a shameful win rate, and thats all my fault because i rushed up there. Now Im having to work even harder to repair the damage to my win rate, and its a massive grind later on.

Right now i dont play anything else but tier 3 and 4, and some of the players are even asking me.. 'why you dont have a tier X tank by now' the answer is simple, Im not worthy of a tier X tank until i can prove i can win at the lower tiers.

Not only that, Im having tons of fun in these smaller tanks, my hetzer is one cool tank and im having the most fun ive had since starting, and its so much fun, i laugh after every battle. believe me it makes a whole lot of difference when you know the map and the tanks abilities, and when it clicks..it really clicks, and you start to think.. oh yeah this is really how its done. Not to mention all the ace tanker medals ive been collecting on the way :-)

So take it easy my friend and dont rush it, play the lower tiers in every line, you will see what i mean when you get into a rhythm.

Fly_Dragon33 #15 Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28019 battles
  • [RGSPT]
Tier V is awesome :D Chi Nu Rules

Fly_Dragon33 #16 Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28019 battles
  • [RGSPT]
And Hetzer its the most brilliant anti-tank in tier IV thanks for it WOT Blitz ....

Titus_Scato #17 Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles
  • [RTR]

View Postbazzaw156, on 03 February 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

We have all done this.. been there and experienced it what your going through now.. But if I can offer some advice, follow the guidelines of the above players, working through the tiers and mastering the technique of tanking is done in the tiers from 1 to 4.

If you do not master the lower tiers, you will regret it late on, as I am doing now. My higher tier tanks have a shameful win rate, and thats all my fault because i rushed up there. Now Im having to work even harder to repair the damage to my win rate, and its a massive grind later on.

Right now i dont play anything else but tier 3 and 4, and some of the players are even asking me.. 'why you dont have a tier X tank by now' the answer is simple, Im not worthy of a tier X tank until i can prove i can win at the lower tiers.

Not only that, Im having tons of fun in these smaller tanks, my hetzer is one cool tank and im having the most fun ive had since starting, and its so much fun, i laugh after every battle. believe me it makes a whole lot of difference when you know the map and the tanks abilities, and when it clicks..it really clicks, and you start to think.. oh yeah this is really how its done. Not to mention all the ace tanker medals ive been collecting on the way :-)

So take it easy my friend and dont rush it, play the lower tiers in every line, you will see what i mean when you get into a rhythm.

well done mate!  I reached the same conclusion as you a year ago, and haven't regretted it.  After realising I was a complete noob with terrible stats, I decided to do an Ace Chase in every tank, from Tier 1 up.  Having a great time denoobing all my tanks!  Now playing in Tier 4.

martindogger #18 Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34222 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postbazzaw156, on 03 February 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Good to read you are still on this tracks bazzaw! Big thumbs up :medal:

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

Just_merpug #19 Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58345 battles
  • [AFK]
^^^^ what those guys said. It's a hard knock life up there. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

eliazernikola2000 #20 Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17662 battles
Actually diffrence is small,with tier 4-7 u earn credits ,once u enter tier 8 u will see the real diffrence..(of course you lose credits with t5-7 IF u dont do anything)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users