More than just bad luck?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

pjwright1107 #1 Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10825 battles
  • [DOG_]

There is no way of putting this without it seeming like another whine about matchmaking or team selection. I'm just wondering if there's something I am doing wrong here.  I recently moved up to tier 9. Initially I didn't do too well and my win rate dropped. This is fine I was not playing the best and I understood this. I then adapted/learnt and my win rate started going up.

The last 2 days though I have been playing well and losing every game. So far 8 straight games at tier 9. Each time I feel I've been let down by the team bar one when I did badly. All the others I was top XP earner.  I was not sitting back and sniping- so I don't know what else I could do. 

I went down to tier 6 and have now lost 5 in a row. Again I was 1/2 for XP on the team in every battle Inc tier 8 games. My win rate can't keep taking this and this many losses is either rigging or me doing something wrong. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Pete

Attached Files

• Attached File   Screenshot_2016-01-17-11-19-04.png   1.31MB

Zoschoen #2 Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24461 battles
  • [EMRST]

I guess it happens to all of us every once in a while. What I do, and I think many others do to, is to go back in tiers. With that I mean back to tier two or three. You will get some winning games and that's good for moral.

never ever stay on a tank or tier when you experience such a loosing streak.

martindogger #3 Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28479 battles
  • [EMRS]
One result screen is hard to evaluate. But that one seems like a total team meltdown. And that happens.

As for general advice, don't progress up the tiers too quick. Tiers VIII, IX and X are the hardest to play. The margin for error is often a lot slimmer than at lower tiers. You may have a powerful tank but so do the opponents. And they could have 10k battles under their belts. When a lot of these are in high tier, that's something you need to take into account.

Your Leopard PTA is a good tank but not the  easiest to play. It's a good sniper from what I've read but not too forgiving.
It's a wise move to go back in tiers and I second Zoschoen. Do move to tier III and IV if needed. Use tanks you liked in that tier to get the fun back, get in a flow and then go back up again.
If you feel you are starting to try and carry as hard as possible, quit the game. You are likely to be too agressive, push to the max etc. When you have that state of mind, a loss is just around the corner.

Take a break, then go back in the game and take your time on the next game.

Happy tanking!

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

pjwright1107 #4 Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10825 battles
  • [DOG_]

I was having problems logging on before on my PC to upload other screenshots.  Its sorted now-  Please see below-  I have included those where I did not do so well also but these were 8 consecutive battles in tier 9.  These were followed by 5 identical battles at tier 6 where I was top XP in all but one where I was second. Hard not to feel hard done by.

martindogger thanks for the advice- I am well aware how things can jump between levels- and I can't pretend to be the best player - I know I am knew and have a lot to learn.  My issue starts when I seem to be regularly outperforming my whole team and losing time after time- to me the chances of being on a good/bad team should be 50/50 and you can help yourself by playing well- I just seem to be playing well and being landed with a team I couldn't ever win with.

As always any thoughts on if actually I might be doing something wrong are welcome.

2016-01-17 11.19.54.png2016-01-17 11.20.19.png2016-01-17 11.19.42.png2016-01-17 11.19.47.png2016-01-17 11.20.13.png2016-01-17 11.20.02.png2016-01-17 11.19.13.png

hson_hson #5 Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [VLNT]

View Postpjwright1107, on 17 January 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

My win rate can't keep taking this and this many losses is either rigging or me doing something wrong. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

There is no rigging involved, I would say it's due to a couple of things.

First of all, we all have had these stretches of bad battles, I've had them and I would say that even our super-duper-unicums have them (even they might be a bit shorter).

Holidays and events like the current Anko mission always seem to bring a fresh batch of noobs into the game plus all those who have been playing a little before rejoin since they have been told by friends about "this new cool mission".

Secondly, you mention your win rate.

When you have had a few bad battles in a row you probably start trying even harder to get a win in order to regain what you have lost and thus maybe take the wrong decisions or play like you normally don't.

The minute I stopped caring about my win rate was when it started to rise dramatically.

If I have a bad run, I either switch tier or tank or even take a break, not because I care about the win rate as such, but because I know that I will play worse when I get aggravated about the way others play.

And finally, the advice you have gotten so far is solid.

Pick a lower tier and a tank you are comfortable in and play it in order to regain some confidence and calm down.

Platooning with someone is another good advice, that way you at least know that you have someone who isn't totally lost.

Chairman_merpug #6 Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42618 battles
  • [AFK]

What they said. I've parked the tier 8s and bought a Tiger 1 to go with the P, and a Cromwell too. Much more fun, mostly. Oh, yes, and a Loltraktor. Which I am totally useless in. Fun, though. 

But man, the number of Muppets out there....

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

martindogger #7 Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28479 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postpjwright1107, on 17 January 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

My issue starts when I seem to be regularly outperforming my whole team and losing time after time- to me the chances of being on a good/bad team should be 50/50 and you can help yourself by playing well- I just seem to be playing well and being landed with a team I couldn't ever win with.

This is the mindset I mentioned and the one hson_hson refers too as well. This is dangerous. Players will blame their team and not reflect on their own actions. When you feel like this,   quit the game for a while.

Second, here's your stats page.

http://wotbstars.com...Save=on&lng=eng

For everyone tank you can see how you perform. I see you how three tier 9 already. When I had your number of battles I think I had just one. That's one thing to take into account.

Also, you do good damage judging from the damage ratio. But your kills per battle are low and I think this reflects on your performance in higher tiers. Try to be a bit more cautious in approaching and engaging.

Remember, a tank with 1 hp is still a functioning weapon of war. And just as deadly as the same tank on full health.

Edited by martindogger, 18 January 2016 - 07:55 AM.

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

Fury_733 #8 Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles
  • [AFK]
Do not worry about it. It happens to all of us. Every time I get my win rate up by one full percent, I always lose and get it back to normal. So just don't worry about. After this time for you goes, you will have a good chance of having epic games for a long time. :)

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

Titus_Scato #9 Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41828 battles
  • [1RTR]

Eventually, win rate becomes virtually static.  When you have 10,000 battles, you will need 100 more wins, plus 1 more win for each loss you make, to raise your win rate by 1%.

My overall win rate is currently at 60%, and I expect it will take me at least a whole year of playing well, and another 10,000 battles, to get it to 70%.  And that's the best-case scenario, if I don't play as well as I hope to, it could easily take two years!

So don't worry about your overall win rate, just consider your stats on a tank-by-tank basis.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 18 January 2016 - 11:46 AM.

Chairman_merpug #10 Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42618 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 18 January 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Eventually, win rate becomes virtually static.  When you have 10,000 battles, you will need 100 more wins, plus 1 more win for each loss you make, to raise your win rate by 1%.

My overall win rate is currently at 60%, and I expect it will take me at least a whole year of playing well, and another 10,000 battles, to get it to 70%.  And that's the best-case scenario, if I don't play as well as I hope to, it could easily take two years!

So don't worry about your overall win rate, just consider your stats on a tank-by-tank basis.

That's bloody good advice.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Nikodem_Dyzma44 #11 Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26750 battles
  • [GNIOT]
I recommend tier III Ke-Ni tank to have fun and relax.

Ricky1965ish #12 Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33311 battles
  • [IWD]
Yup, when I'm frustrated by a losing streak I climb back into my PzII and have some real fun for a while!

CountVonJuhuu #13 Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6475 battles

View Posthson_hson, on 18 January 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Secondly, you mention your win rate.

When you have had a few bad battles in a row you probably start trying even harder to get a win in order to regain what you have lost and thus maybe take the wrong decisions or play like you normally don't.

The minute I stopped caring about my win rate was when it started to rise dramatically.

If I have a bad run, I either switch tier or tank or even take a break, not because I care about the win rate as such, but because I know that I will play worse when I get aggravated about the way others play.

So true.

I don't play to get 100% WR and basically it's inrelevant to me, but still I kind of use it to see am I developing to better player or something like that. Then when it does to do it's Titanic-impression I begin to try too hard, which naturally backfires, and it sunks even more.

To pjwright1107,

Your thoughts and feelings are just like my own, have just had few bad days too. Just try to remember that we all have our good days, and we all have our bad days. During the bad days we just have to bite upper lip, and keep grinding and pushing thrue. The good days will come, eventually.

Proud member of Active Frontline Klan

hson_hson #14 Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [VLNT]

View PostCountVonJuhuu, on 18 January 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

I don't play to get 100% WR and basically it's inrelevant to me, but still I kind of use it to see am I developing to better player or something like that.

Yes, stats can show you what part of your game you need to improve.

Mockney_piers #15 Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8521 battles

View PostTitus_Scato, on 18 January 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

A mere 4277 straight wins is all that's required ;)

No problem!!

bazzaw156 #16 Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 63269 battles
  • [EMRS]

I agree with all the above comments, it seems like there is thousands of noobs entering the game. Ive also experienced players with less than 30 battles in a tier 5 tank.. can you believe it? geeez where are they all coming from..

So your not doing anything wrong, its purely the quantity of bad players that your being matched with.

The best advice is to chill out in the smaller tiers when its like that, and drive a tank you know you can defeat ALL 7 tanks on the red team. Currently Im driving my hetzer around the battle field, and i platoon it with my son, and I can tell you I win every single battle no matter if they are tier 4 or 5, and thats because we know between the 2 of us we can defeat all 7 tanks without the help of noobies. Not only that its so much fun, we laugh after every battle. Thats what you need when the depression sets in, park your tier 9 for a while and have some fun.

PapaSten #17 Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43487 battles
  • [LGN]

For me lower tiers are more dangerous than higher tiers and with that I mean everything below tiers 9 and 10.

Because if I am not top tier I know it will be hard to carry. It's just hoping your top tier aren't brainless.

But In the end just play tank you are good in. I also suggest you ask a good player in game to teach you some tricks.

as I am not really a fan of saying watch videos, because I know some really good players that don't make videos and are willing to share there knowledge.

I think it more your own gameplay than bad luck. But I can't say for sure because I have never seen you play (as far as I know of).

Joan_pap #18 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39865 battles
  • [IIII]
Hi, this is my advice for this problema: disconnect from server when you lose more tan 5 battles and reconnect after a minute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users