Jump to content


MODS in Blitz


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • EU Community
  • 296 battles
  • 176
  • [CIRC]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2013

As some of you have been asking us for some clarification on the use of modifications for World of Tanks Blitz, we are happy to provide you with some ground rules.

 

Most mods only change the visuals of the game, and can potentially enhance a players gameplay experience. We are striving to create a fun and fair environment for all players to enjoy Blitz.

 

 

Allowed Mods:

  • Mods that give no distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Sound Mods
    • Custom Camo
    • Custom UI Elements
      • Custom Reticle
      • Colorblind Support Mods

 

Prohibited Mods:

  • Mods that give a distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Module Hit Skin Mods

 

That is not a very big list. How do I differentiate between the 2 kinds of mods?

Well - ask yourself the following question: If 2 people who have never played Blitz before, and are of equal skill level, play a 1v1 match in the same tank; if one person has the mod in question and the other doesn't, will it give an advantage to the person using the mod?

 

If the answer to that question is yes, then it is a prohibited mod. If you have any questions or are not sure if a mod is allowed or not - please feel free to PM a member of the community team. We will be happy to take a look and give you an answer! 

 

We hope that this clears the situation up!

 



Xenodium #2 Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 58301 battles
  • 332
  • [PHNX]
  • Member since:
    05-06-2014

Interesting, I sent a ticket regarding a player who were using the module hit skin mod. I was told it wasn't possible to install.

 

image.jpeg



ykohistsni #3 Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11848 battles
  • 334
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
When will be mods for IOS users:(

Buff the Jadgtiger 8.8 plssssssssss

 

 


Riggmaster #4 Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11462 battles
  • 1,661
  • [N2KU]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

View Postykohistsni, on 23 January 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

When will be mods for IOS users:(

 

They already exist, you just need to jailbreak your device.

Dassem_ #5 Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26706 battles
  • 10,902
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostXenodium, on 23 January 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

Interesting, I sent a ticket regarding a player who were using the module hit skin mod. I was told it wasn't possible to install.

 

image.jpeg

 

haha! the experts have spoken! It's not possible to use mods at all in Blitz! :D

 

View Postnikolakezo, on 24 January 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

Well if mods work on devices why don't you hire someone who is willing to implament such options in game settings, in next patch maybe? We all see cool stuff on your contributor videos, so why is  it so hard to give that option to all? Why do we have to wait for ages for stuff like camo? I do not support any advantages that are kept from majority of players. Keep it simple and fair for all. 
 

 

It's not that easy... The unofficial mods you find are made to work with the current version of the game. Adding something like this to the actual game, will mean that every time the game is changed, every mod that has been added also have to be reworked to make it work in the new version. OR, it has to be made from start in a way that does not have to be constantly upgraded, but then it will put limitations on the devs freedom to tweak the game.

 

Like with a reticule mod: Currently, if the devs decide the reticle should have a slightly different shape, it can be done easily enough. However if there is a whole section of code dealing with the look of the reticle, tweaking it will be a major undertaking.


Edited by Dassem_Ultor_, 25 January 2016 - 09:53 AM.

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)


chad_fantastic #6 Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10428 battles
  • 879
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011

View PostXenodium, on 23 January 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

Interesting, I sent a ticket regarding a player who were using the module hit skin mod. I was told it wasn't possible to install.

 

View PostRigenkr, on 24 January 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

They already exist, you just need to jailbreak your device.

I've not seen a 2.5 drop of the cammo skins mods for android and I do remember that the guys doing the development of the iOS cammo mod Buska showed were stopping? I was assuming the in game camo had delayed/deinterested a update, is there still stuff being produced?

 

Now that I look back, there wasn't a hit skin mod since October either. This post is mainly from the original storm in NA over those hitskins mods which is still going with many wanting even the cammo mod outlawed as WG could tell easyish if a mod is applied but not if one of the bold ones was. 

 

http://forum.wotblit...-mods-in-blitz/

 



MrConway #7 Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • EU Community
  • 296 battles
  • 176
  • [CIRC]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2013

View Postchad_fantastic, on 25 January 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

 

I've not seen a 2.5 drop of the cammo skins mods for android and I do remember that the guys doing the development of the iOS cammo mod Buska showed were stopping? I was assuming the in game camo had delayed/deinterested a update, is there still stuff being produced?

 

Now that I look back, there wasn't a hit skin mod since October either. This post is mainly from the original storm in NA over those hitskins mods which is still going with many wanting even the cammo mod outlawed as WG could tell easyish if a mod is applied but not if one of the bold ones was. 

 

http://forum.wotblit...-mods-in-blitz/

 

 

We are not saying that there are any such mods at the moment or that players are using them, we just want everyone to know the ground rules :)

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png


Falconiformes #8 Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12394 battles
  • 96
  • [PAGR]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

Why/how have I become a lance-corporal on the wot blitz forum.

 



Falconiformes #9 Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12394 battles
  • 96
  • [PAGR]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

How can WG determine whether a player is using prohibited mods? Does this determination violates our privacy(I anticipate a "no-reply". However, an explanation is mandatory/required to deem the reply to be valid/strong, according to me)? I am just curious. Good question, I have to admit. 

 

 

http://wotbstars.com/usr/eu/sig/falconiformes_eng.png

 



jakubqwe #10 Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16188 battles
  • 89
  • [MK]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013
And how do you know whos using illegal mods?

 


hson_hson #11 Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30338 battles
  • 3,656
  • [VLNT]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014

View PostFalconiformes, on 06 February 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Why/how have I become a lance-corporal on the wot blitz forum.

 

 

You have gotten past 10 posts in the forum

hson_hson #12 Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30338 battles
  • 3,656
  • [VLNT]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014

View PostFalconiformes, on 06 February 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

How can WG determine whether a player is using prohibited mods? Does this determination violates our privacy(I anticipate a "no-reply". However, an explanation is mandatory/required to deem the reply to be valid/strong, according to me)? I am just curious. Good question, I have to admit. 

 

View Postjakubqwe, on 06 February 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

And how do you know whos using illegal mods?

 

 

Simple answer is that WG probably don't have any way to enforce it today.

However, if you use a mod which would be deemed "illegal" and post a video of you using it, you might get a suspension.

 

Also, WG might introduce functionality for the app to check if you have modified the game files on your device

 

Having said that, this topic is about communicating what WG deem is allowed and not.



Fury_733 #13 Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:38 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5281 battles
  • 1,104
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2015
Why use mod if there already is a great game? I just don't get these people that tries to cheat by sing hit skin mods and other stuff

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

 


DieJagdkatze #14 Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:48 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28906 battles
  • 565
  • [RO1]
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

View PostFury_733, on 07 February 2016 - 04:38 AM, said:

Why use mod if there already is a great game? I just don't get these people that tries to cheat by sing hit skin mods and other stuff

 

Some mods are ok. Before we got camouflages, skin mods made game look much better. Sound mods could also be nice. These mods are aimed to improve the game even further than it is.

But then there are cheating mods... like the mod that detects object destruction on map. When a tank destroyes an object/tree, you can see the destruction of the object even if you did not spoted the tank. There is a mod that marks object destructions on minimap, basicaly giving away enemy positions before you meet them.

Such mod will give a player great advantage and is prohibited.



Soulmod #15 Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25222 battles
  • 179
  • Member since:
    07-22-2014
I go to a couple of club nights in Southend where it's just full of skins & mods. I don't think they have any idea how much they seem to be affecting the game.

Dassem_ #16 Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26706 battles
  • 10,902
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

i noticed a wierd mod in a video from a player on na server... not sure what it does, but it could look like it colour codes players by wr, and also by remaining health?

edit: no not health, dont know why some turned grey, they were all coloured in the beginning...

 


Edited by Dassem_Ultor_, 09 February 2016 - 07:05 PM.

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)


DieJagdkatze #17 Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:23 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28906 battles
  • 565
  • [RO1]
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014
Can you send a link to video ?


DeltaSierra03 #18 Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10702 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    07-21-2015
Multiple reticules would be nice, so would a way to sort the way the teams are displayed, for example have the TDs at the top, HTs, etc. Something you don't need to download.
Blitzkrieg, Hit & Run

floodlockgames #19 Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8750 battles
  • 13
  • [WATTY]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2016

View Posthson_hson, on 06 February 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

 

 

 

Simple answer is that WG probably don't have any way to enforce it today.

However, if you use a mod which would be deemed "illegal" and post a video of you using it, you might get a suspension.

 

Also, WG might introduce functionality for the app to check if you have modified the game files on your device

 

Having said that, this topic is about communicating what WG deem is allowed and not.

But if they do that they have to black list certain mods as others are different sound or better looking miny maps

 



floodlockgames #20 Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8750 battles
  • 13
  • [WATTY]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2016

View PostMrConway, on 23 January 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

As some of you have been asking us for some clarification on the use of modifications for World of Tanks Blitz, we are happy to provide you with some ground rules.

 

Most mods only change the visuals of the game, and can potentially enhance a players gameplay experience. We are striving to create a fun and fair environment for all players to enjoy Blitz.

 

 

Allowed Mods:

  • Mods that give no distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Sound Mods
    • Custom Camo
    • Custom UI Elements
      • Custom Reticle
      • Colorblind Support Mods

 

Prohibited Mods:

  • Mods that give a distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Module Hit Skin Mods

 

That is not a very big list. How do I differentiate between the 2 kinds of mods?

Well - ask yourself the following question: If 2 people who have never played Blitz before, and are of equal skill level, play a 1v1 match in the same tank; if one person has the mod in question and the other doesn't, will it give an advantage to the person using the mod?

 

If the answer to that question is yes, then it is a prohibited mod. If you have any questions or are not sure if a mod is allowed or not - please feel free to PM a member of the community team. We will be happy to take a look and give you an answer! 

 

We hope that this clears the situation up!

 

 

Jest asking is extra zoom mods OK to use 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users