MODS in Blitz

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

_NaCly #41 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 972 battles
  • [R3B3L]

Cool. But why did you post this 5 times rather than 7? And why is it named as seven tankers instead of spamming tankers

google translate is helpful too

Edited by _NaCly, 01 February 2017 - 12:41 AM.

No Life Re-Roll From North America Server

kamose1 #42 Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17067 battles
  • [LESL]

View PostMrConway, on 23 January 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

As some of you have been asking us for some clarification on the use of modifications for World of Tanks Blitz, we are happy to provide you with some ground rules.

Most mods only change the visuals of the game, and can potentially enhance a players gameplay experience. We are striving to create a fun and fair environment for all players to enjoy Blitz.

Allowed Mods:

• Mods that give no distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Sound Mods
    • Custom Camo
    • Custom UI Elements
      • Custom Reticle
      • Colorblind Support Mods

Prohibited Mods:

• Mods that give a distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Module Hit Skin Mods

That is not a very big list. How do I differentiate between the 2 kinds of mods?

Well - ask yourself the following question: If 2 people who have never played Blitz before, and are of equal skill level, play a 1v1 match in the same tank; if one person has the mod in question and the other doesn't, will it give an advantage to the person using the mod?

If the answer to that question is yes, then it is a prohibited mod. If you have any questions or are not sure if a mod is allowed or not - please feel free to PM a member of the community team. We will be happy to take a look and give you an answer! 

We hope that this clears the situation up!

We'll see. I've sent a report to the staff from a Russian server player that uses module hit skin mod. I'll hope they ban him.

chanu197 #43 Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12614 battles
  • [PRATS]
So where can I get mods but without jail braking my device?

Acids_Burn #44 Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32731 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postchanu197, on 08 February 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Idk if i can get a warning or a ban for advertising other sites so i will suggest you try Google search for "wotb mods"

I will just politely ask u not to use module hit skin mods for 2 reasons - 1st its unfair and second its bannable.

Edited by Acids_Burn, 08 February 2017 - 07:33 PM.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

mrpgilbert #45 Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32394 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postchanu197, on 08 February 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

If you're not very good, they won't make you any better. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Acids_Burn #46 Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32731 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 08 February 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

If you're not very good, they won't make you any better. 

That is so true.

For me the mods are only cosmetics - i use custom voices and historical tank skins.

All other mods i consider unfair. But thats just me.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

mrpgilbert #47 Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32394 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAcids_Burn, on 08 February 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

That is so true.

For me the mods are only cosmetics - i use custom voices and historical tank skins.

All other mods i consider unfair. But thats just me.

The tedium of having to reapply the mods each update puts me off. But then, I'm a boring sod who rarely used camo.

Be nice to me..

The_Prophecy98 #48 Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34826 battles
  • [LOCA]
I wouldn't have to use mods if gun sounds wouldn't sound like wooden logs hit against each other. I also use the WGL reticle which was used in the GRAND FINALS by WG.

Acids_Burn #49 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32731 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 09 February 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

The tedium of having to reapply the mods each update puts me off. But then, I'm a boring sod who rarely used camo.

I have a fix for that - i have a copy of the Data folder with all the mods installed and when i update the game i just drop and replace. Simple 2 min action.

mrpgilbert #50 Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32394 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAcids_Burn, on 21 July 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I have a fix for that - i have a copy of the Data folder with all the mods installed and when i update the game i just drop and replace. Simple 2 min action.

About 1 minute 25 seconds more than I can he arsed to spend, to be honest.

Be nice to me..

boulangerinfernal #51 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16274 battles
  • [L1VE]
Is the Maddox’s HUD mod allowed pls ?

It doesn't give a real advantage (particularly on 1v1), like several mods.

boulangerinfernal, alias PanCake_AnV (WoT), ESL profile page

nokis231 #52 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3011 battles
  • [BLADE]

View Postjakubqwe, on 06 February 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

And how do you know whos using illegal mods?

​On the server, BW has a game log for each opened and connected game. If they see in your log that an illegal mod has been executed by the game client, your connection gets terminated.

minitelrose #53 Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 54358 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMrConway, on 23 January 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

As some of you have been asking us for some clarification on the use of modifications for World of Tanks Blitz, we are happy to provide you with some ground rules.

Most mods only change the visuals of the game, and can potentially enhance a players gameplay experience. We are striving to create a fun and fair environment for all players to enjoy Blitz.

Allowed Mods:

• Mods that give no distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Sound Mods
    • Custom Camo
    • Custom UI Elements
      • Custom Reticle
      • Colorblind Support Mods

Prohibited Mods:

• Mods that give a distinct gameplay advantage.
    • Module Hit Skin Mods

That is not a very big list. How do I differentiate between the 2 kinds of mods?

Well - ask yourself the following question: If 2 people who have never played Blitz before, and are of equal skill level, play a 1v1 match in the same tank; if one person has the mod in question and the other doesn't, will it give an advantage to the person using the mod?

If the answer to that question is yes, then it is a prohibited mod. If you have any questions or are not sure if a mod is allowed or not - please feel free to PM a member of the community team. We will be happy to take a look and give you an answer! 

We hope that this clears the situation up!

Now my question is how come :

• someone using keyboard mouse platform can just click me and his autoaim will adjust for my speed and even lob an obstacle (given enough parabole in that ammo type trajectory), and kill me with HE,
  • whereas my autoaim with touch controls would shoot behind a moving enemy every time, and give up if there is any kind of obstacle or tank passing between us ? I would have to enter sniper view, manually aim and adjust for his speed to have a chance, and it takes an awful lot of skills and practice. I’m talking months of practice.

according to your rules, entire KBM platforms should be forbidden because it gives a clear advantage at shooting high speed low armor targets.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

mrpgilbert #54 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32394 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostJanissary_IYI, on 28 November 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

ey wargamıng. ım youtuber. ı want to be participatory community..my new channel: https://www.youtube....ni7WtCvyBkaWygw

Okay, I've tried to point out what you're doing wrong, and you keep on doing it, so I've reported you for spamming. How you think you could be a CC is beyond me. Stop it.

Be nice to me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users