Team killers

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

mitch40aw #1 Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 602 battles
How do you report team killers/team damage. I'm not speaking accidental damage but deliberate damage?

GrumpyWorm #2 Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
You dont report them - server keeps track of damage ratio towards enemy and allies. In other words, if you go over the line, you will be tagged as TKer and sanctioned by server on its own.

mehaar #3 Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32476 battles
  • [AFK]
Sanctioned how?

{heroic image of tank obscured by impressive numbers}

Gotnodigits #4 Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15948 battles

Temporary bans, I've been banned once already (for 24 hours) but I was only banned because I killed two in the same battle, after killing the first one I didn't even go blue).

I think I read somewhere that if you repeatedly reoffend the bans get longer, can BigBadVuk confirm?

Edited by Gotnodigits, 23 August 2014 - 12:40 PM.

GrumpyWorm #5 Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
Ban height depends on few things I cant discuss here, but the more you TK the longer ban will be, until you are permanently out.

mehaar #6 Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32476 battles
  • [AFK]

What happens if you shoot back at people who deliberately shot you or a team mate?

they only go blue after KILLING you, correct, at which point you can't do anything about it!

GrumpyWorm #7 Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
Unless they turn blue they are not valid targets, in other words, you cant return fire before they change color.

mehaar #8 Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32476 battles
  • [AFK]

So you can't return fire at all then, since they only go blue after you're dead...

hardly seems fair, does it?

GrumpyWorm #9 Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
Never said a word that it is fair - but, you will lose 1 battle, they will lose 24h or more.

mehaar #10 Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32476 battles
  • [AFK]

So is this obviously unfair system the best we can expect?

i would have thought it would be pretty simple to allow me to shoot someone who shot me without punishing me. If you wanted to.

:(

Actually, maybe we CAN expect more. This from your own support site:

"We understand how important it is for our players to have a fair and clean gaming environment"

JHX_1 #11 Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2441 battles

View Postmehaar, on 26 August 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

"We understand how important it is for our players to have a fair and clean gaming environment"

Hear hear!

Grimbru #12 Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Community Coordinator

• Player
  • 21 battles

View Postmehaar, on 26 August 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostJHX_1, on 26 August 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Hear hear!

I understand your feelings guys.

I once started a game and accidentally nudged a heavy tank in front of me. His response was to blow my tank to smithereens. As you can imagine it was tough to bite my tongue and keep my cool on that one...

However what BigBadVuk is saying is that in the grand scheme of things, what goes around comes around and TKers do get what they deserve in the end.

Unfortunately in a game like World of Tanks friendly fire happens all the time. The reason we have the system we do is:

1. If the system was not automatic we would be inundated with friendly fire reports with little way to distinguish what was real and what was accidental. This would be a massive burden on our moderators and support staff, taking time away from helping players with more challenging issues and draining resources from things like development.

2. Players do not turn blue after a single shot (unless they 1 hit you I guess :tongue:) because this would cause utter chaos on the battlefield. Most friendly fire is accidental, and we'd end up with teams killing each other off before they met the enemy!

3. An automated tracking system allows us to actually identify trends in player actions much better than you guys can in a single game. We'll be able to see if a player has a history of friendly fire or TKing over the course of his or her entire playing career. Meaning we can doll out reprimands or sanctions against them far more effectively and fairly than with a manual system.

At the end of the day guys, we need to bear in mind it's just a game. Sometimes you'll meet annoying people but it's few and far between. Try not to let the odd TK or bit of friendly fire ruin your gaming. :playing:

All the best,

-Grimbru

"The newbs you pwn, end up pwning you..."

mehaar #13 Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32476 battles
  • [AFK]

Thank you Grimbru, I do understand where you are coming from.

However, I still can't see why you can't remove the punishments (loss of credits and going blue) when returning fire on someone who shoots you. This is not the same as making them blue, and does not escalate the disagreement to the whole team, but allows redress to the injured party. 

What is the downside of my suggestion?

Master_Forcekin #14 Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5137 battles

I think the best solution is to take away teamdamage altogether, as proposed by Overlord in his blog: http://overlord-wot....t-teamkill.html

In my experience intentional team damage is not a major problem at higher tiers (V+) at the moment, but for WoT Blitz it is not really necessary and adds very little value. A shot that hits a friend is wasted so you get a kind of penalty for covering shots/shooting friendlies anyway. 

With the limited controls/vision I think there is too high a risk of accidental TKs leading to grief and banning of 'innocents'.

My vote goes towards removing Teamdamage altogether!

/the Jedi Master Forcekin formerly known as Myxot

Grimbru #15 Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Community Coordinator

• Player
  • 21 battles

View Postmehaar, on 27 August 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Thank you Grimbru, I do understand where you are coming from.

However, I still can't see why you can't remove the punishments (loss of credits and going blue) when returning fire on someone who shoots you. This is not the same as making them blue, and does not escalate the disagreement to the whole team, but allows redress to the injured party. 

What is the downside of my suggestion?

There's an old adage...

"Two wrongs don't make a right"

Though I do see your point, friendly fire is not something we want to encourage, even under these circumstances. :smile:

Grimbru #16 Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Community Coordinator

• Player
  • 21 battles

View PostMyxot, on 27 August 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

I think the best solution is to take away teamdamage altogether, as proposed by Overlord in his blog: http://overlord-wot....t-teamkill.html

In my experience intentional team damage is not a major problem at higher tiers (V+) at the moment, but for WoT Blitz it is not really necessary and adds very little value. A shot that hits a friend is wasted so you get a kind of penalty for covering shots/shooting friendlies anyway. 

With the limited controls/vision I think there is too high a risk of accidental TKs leading to grief and banning of 'innocents'.

My vote goes towards removing Teamdamage altogether!

As you can see from the blog post, this is something that's actually under consideration for Blitz, for exactly the reasons you gave. :smile:

x_Iskra_x #17 Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21661 battles

I don't think removing team damage would help agains griefers much, as they will only find new ways to provoke other people like de-tracking them , blocking their way or getting in front of them to negate their kills, also as mentioned, pushing them off cliffs.

what I do want is report in-game system like on PC, where whole team can vote and report teamkiller or people who swear , that would make them think hard before doing any of it.As it stands, griefers don't care much as they know how to circumvent teamkill damage system from banning them and don't care about sanctions agains swearing because 99 % people don't bother to report or screenshot them.

PROUD FOUNDER OF VALIANT CLAN

Gotnodigits #18 Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15948 battles

But maybe the system shouldn't allow someone to fire 8 shells into two of their teammates doing approx 2500 damage without going blue? During the same incident I only fired 5 doing around 1000 damage, but because I killed two I got blue and 24 hour ban. If someone is able to accidentally shoot their teammates 8 times they really shouldn't be playing at tier 7.

Removing FF would be bad, it's only fair that someone gets damaged when they block a team members shot, it's also only fair that the guy who accidentally hits a team mate gets a credit penalty for it (people need to learn to take their shots more carefully), removing FF would encourage bad play.

sk8xtrm #19 Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 50001 battles
  • [VG]

View PostGotnodigits, on 27 August 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

it's only fair that someone gets damaged when they block a team members shot, it's also only fair that the guy who accidentally hits a team mate gets a credit penalty for it (people need to learn to take their shots more carefully), removing FF would encourage bad play.

see I disagree with this, I have seen so many accidental shots which just cannot be helped, doesnt mean they deserve a penalty for it! I have even done it myself where I was in an IS in snipe mode on an enemy tank in front of me and my left side was blocked by a building. Fired at the enemy as a medium friendly comes flying in front of the enemy from the left and I hit them! there is no way you can prepare for that or take your shots more carefully, I think that's a daft statement personally, its meant to be war zone at the end of the day, in said scenario I would not check the coast was clear first and neither would the medium as its the difference between killing the enemy or dieing yourself.

I personally had two morons shoot the back of me once as I was in their way and they clearly were not happy with this and I retaliated and wiped them both out as it really annoyed me, I got banned for 24 hours for this which infuriated me even more however it has changed my outlook on it now as if someone shoots me I usually just ignore them, no point getting worked up as I get the satisfaction of knowing they will get a ban eventually which will annoy them even more! there are the occasions when they do it and I feel annoyed by it but I wont fire back I will just stay there pointing my gun at them, they keep firing at me usually resulting in a quicker ban, if I die I die, not the end of the world!

Same as blue players, I used to just kill them when I saw them in the game assuming they were team killers however it may not be the case so I just leave them to it now, if they do fire on me or a team player close to me then you know 100% they are team killers and quite happily know I am allowed to wipe them out.

overall the system in my book can never be totally fair, accurate and water tight but it does provide a reasonable ruling and I can live with that!

Edited by sk8xtrm, 27 August 2014 - 04:18 PM.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrm

Gotnodigits #20 Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15948 battles

I don't see the problem, accidents happen and we learn to be better players from them. I feel that reducing the repercussions for poor decisions, lack of awareness and coordination ruins the immersion and mental challenge that gets our adrenalin pumping. In the heat of battle it's hard to keep on top of everything, mistakes get made, people suffer, why would you expect less of a war game.

I'm not gonna comment further, we must accept that we disagree with each other and not creat bad blood.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users