Team killers

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

mehaar #21 Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32459 battles
  • [AFK]

Nobody is arguing with that GotNoDigits, it is the deliberate trolls we are concerned with. Some guy decided to jam me into the side of the map, would not communicate, I had to kill him in order to move! Apparently it's just *my* actions that are unacceptable. 

The in-game reporting sounds like the best system. Any automated system can and will be gamed by trolls, and if it already exists then it should not be hard to implement...

{heroic image of tank obscured by impressive numbers}

sk8xtrm #22 Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 50001 battles
  • [VG]

View PostGotnodigits, on 27 August 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I don't see the problem, accidents happen and we learn to be better players from them. I feel that reducing the repercussions for poor decisions, lack of awareness and coordination ruins the immersion and mental challenge that gets our adrenalin pumping. In the heat of battle it's hard to keep on top of everything, mistakes get made, people suffer, why would you expect less of a war game.

I'm not gonna comment further, we must accept that we disagree with each other and not creat bad blood.

Think there may be some confusion here as I dont think there should be any reduction of repercussions, as I said above I think the system should stay as it is!  Just didnt agree with your point above about they should get a penalty for accidental fire when you said "(people need to learn to take their shots more carefully)" it just cant be helped sometimes, but from this second point of yours I think we are talking on the same wavelength :)

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrm

Gotnodigits #23 Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15948 battles

Ah I see. Perhaps my comment was badly phrased, I didn't realise how what I wrote could be misinterpreted. My apologies 

I can see why a credit penalty for accidental FF isn't always appropriate, when somebody is being a jerk and deliberately blocking shots you shouldn't have to take the hit for them. But when the system can't discriminate who is at fault, both have to be penalised. And I don't mind that, because it's more plausible than nobody suffering for a horrific accident. Although a more sophisticated system could be fairer this particular element is satisfactory. 

BTW, did you use to play TD? Your name is familiar.

sk8xtrm #24 Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 50001 battles
  • [VG]

View PostGotnodigits, on 29 August 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

Ah I see. Perhaps my comment was badly phrased, I didn't realise how what I wrote could be misinterpreted. My apologies 

I can see why a credit penalty for accidental FF isn't always appropriate, when somebody is being a jerk and deliberately blocking shots you shouldn't have to take the hit for them. But when the system can't discriminate who is at fault, both have to be penalised. And I don't mind that, because it's more plausible than nobody suffering for a horrific accident. Although a more sophisticated system could be fairer this particular element is satisfactory. 

BTW, did you use to play TD? Your name is familiar.

Im running three lines at the moment :) I run the Russian Heavy (Up to tier 10), Russian medium (up to Tier 8) and Russian TD lines (up to tier 6)

Add me in game we can platoon...atleast you know you wont get any friendly fire from me :smile:

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrm

DerpyMcderp #25 Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16539 battles
  • [VG]

View Postsk8xtrm, on 29 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Im running three lines at the moment :) I run the Russian Heavy (Up to tier 10), Russian medium (up to Tier 8) and Russian TD lines (up to tier 6)

Add me in game we can platoon...atleast you know you wont get any friendly fire from me :smile:

See.. I swear in the past I remember a name similar to yours, in an ISU-152, the nightmares.. :ohmy:

The only reason that you lost... is that you p***ed me off. 

DerpyMcderp #26 Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16539 battles
  • [VG]

Wait, what happens if you have a low damage dealing tank, but some friendly tank gets in the way of your shot, and you ammo reck them.

also, this happened on WoT PC, Malinovka. I was in my A10 Cruiser 2 and was on the ridge , I saw an enemy T82 and a cruiser 3 fighting, I took a shot at the T82 but he moves, and while my shot is sailing in mid air, the cruiser 3 GETS IN THE EXACT SAME POSITION OF WHERE THE T82 WAS. And my shot 100% instakills him! I was lucky that I didn't even turn blue. (3.7 inch (10.5cm) gun)

The only reason that you lost... is that you p***ed me off. 

Nattyflats #27 Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7388 battles
  • [UKGR]
I'm kinda new. Could you define team killer?

AlterEisenhaufen #28 Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25123 battles
  • [UTB]

Basicallly, somebody who shots at his own team mates.

If he carries on shooting, maybe finally he kills him or reduces his HP till he's a one shot target for the reds.

If he has killed a team member he will turn from green to blue and you are free to shot him down. But better leave an eye on him and go on fighting till you are sure to win the battle.

By the way, same with afk-Tanks (guys who don't play active, maybe run out of battery or talking to mum and dad). Better fight acting reds first. I hate two team mates shoting at afk instead of helping fighting moving reds.

Edited by AlterEisenhaufen, 16 October 2014 - 06:11 AM.

Leo 1 A5 - Veteran

Senlac12 #29 Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1605 battles
  • [XXHUN]
Usually in my team when someone turns blue then the rest of the team just turns and TKs them- meaning two of the team are dead before fighting the enemy

stmilosevic98 #30 Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 859 battles
You don't need to report them.The game server has recognition for team killers and they will be colored in blue colour,not green like other allies,if team killer damage too much allies the server will give him automatic ban.

martindogger #31 Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34048 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Poststmilosevic98, on 19 July 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

You don't need to report them.The game server has recognition for team killers and they will be colored in blue colour,not green like other allies,if team killer damage too much allies the server will give him automatic ban.

Friendly fire is no longer in Blitz. So the thing about colours is a bit redundant. 

Only way to kill friendlies would be pushing them off cliffs or into water. And maybe use big HE shell and splash damage.

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users