• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

yorkie624 #21 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3494 battles

View PostMockney_piers, on 04 April 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

There is no single indicator of skill.

Experienced players look at all stats, career, recent, win rate, spot rate, damage, wn8/wn7, overall, tier averages and per tank, to get a feel for a player.

If they're looking at yours they'll take all your concerns into account, if they're idiots then you have nothing to prove to them and they're not worth worrying about ;)

I  agree, though in my opinion, the best way to see how good someone is would be to actually play some games with them in a variety of tanks, maps etc, and see how they perform. Not very practical though.

HughDomfok #22 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27959 battles
  • [VG]

winrate is indeed nonsense.

You can only measure skill by the amount of "invincible" medals! :izmena:

Noob_Tank_C0mmander #23 Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19651 battles
  • [BWC]
Im abit mixed on winrate. Some people are re-rolls and have 65-70%~ winrates by making second accounts. Ive seen people woth 60%+ play badly too. Its just playing every battle as you go each is unique and equally challenging. 

anonym_QdgmCTMx64q6 #24 Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Well when i personally watch myself i am playing worse and worse in comparison to my newbie times. Gathering wrong decisions more and more. Probably a burnt-out syndromme

RollingSwarm #25 Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48927 battles
  • [MON1K]

If your real life is getting busier and more stressful you'll play worse. That's what I've noticed.

I think WR is a very useful indicator of player skill. But you need to factor in recent win rate and which tanks are being used. 70% win rate in an is6 over 3000 battles can really skew the overall impression. Always helpful to dig a little deeper.

Somewhere between Rage & Serenity'

Siko #26 Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Amazing sometimes when you see players in certain (naming no names;)) clans with incredible stats based on 3000 games in a cruiser 4 and suchlike, totally noobing out ingame. The PR rating is a much more accurate way of gauging a players performance, although as others said if you're grinding a tank with 75% crew, stock gun etc, then you may be well below your average.

JoaoMMV #27 Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17968 battles
  • [I_C]

For me, WinRate is a big Bullsh*** !!!

If you have lots of REAL money to spend, and therefore you can load your tanks with all the top provisions, consumables, camos and if you only use gold ammo, than you will be for sure much more successful than all the other players with a similar playing level than you but with less or no REAL money to spend.

All of us surely have have been beaten by great players with same or lower tiers than ours, using std ammo (respect !!!). On the other hand, we have been beaten by bad players (you know by their driving, fire/reloading positioning,...), that penetrate your tank front with several shots in a row, when you know that their tank with std ammo would never penetrate the parts that you are exposing (ie: turret).

Play wisely, be brave, and allways, but allways, help your team mates.

cervena_karkulka #28 Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36778 battles
  • [PINK]

View PostJoaoMMV, on 19 December 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

For me, WinRate is a big Bullsh*** !!!

If you have lots of REAL money to spend, and therefore you can load your tanks with all the top provisions, consumables, camos and if you only use gold ammo, than you will be for sure much more successful than all the other players with a similar playing level than you but with less or no REAL money to spend.

All of us surely have have been beaten by great players with same or lower tiers than ours, using std ammo (respect !!!). On the other hand, we have been beaten by bad players (you know by their driving, fire/reloading positioning,...), that penetrate your tank front with several shots in a row, when you know that their tank with std ammo would never penetrate the parts that you are exposing (ie: turret).

we discussed this many times and gold rounds wont make you any better player. bad player with full gold loadout in T-62 will still be +/- same bad player like that one with "normal" loadout with only few HEAT shells. He still wont have any map awarness, no sense of positioning or map tactics. That few HEAT shells that penetrate cant have significant impact on player stats. He still will be dead in first 2 minutes, be completely useless to team thanks to bad positioning or just blowing tracks of E100's with every single HEAT used. 

Daniek_NL #29 Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7163 battles
Maybe WN8 should be a thing, just like the PC version.

_Biggles_ #30 Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11253 battles

View PostDaniek_NL, on 19 December 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Maybe WN8 should be a thing, just like the PC version.

WN8 is a thing, but only on websites. It doesn't exist as far as WG are concerned

Empros Clan 

"Win with Pride, Die with Honour!"

Proud Friend Of IRMA

Nitromo_GGE #31 Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22519 battles

Win rate is good and bad i was a alliance and wel some players not want to platoon as they want to keep there 70 % blue win rate so effectively they not play game any more as they play almost no battles

recently i stopped using premium rounds bot i stay above 50 % wil make me a middle player so be it i think game is fore most a game to enjoy when free from work and to play with team mates 

the win ratio go up and down to the amount of battles played i am a smal clan now i started with my son who is 11 was thrown out my old clan so i not care most of the statics single father 50 plus hours work a week if i can play a game together online with my son so good

rest i not care the statistics i could say some word both better not

:D lolz and i am a cheese head (Dutch)

tridentas #32 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15303 battles
  • [VG]

It's a stat, I played a game in cent 1, alone v 5 bounced the winning kill shot and died, that's a loss

ive crested a ridge and got smashed in the first 30 seconds in the same tank, that's a loss too

people make assumptions based on stats of other players, comment on them, praise or deride them, all based on assumptions and interpretations of stats. I think the only true way to look at wr is for your own personal development, but then to be honest, you know the answer to that already, you know if a tank is working for you or suits your play style. 

Some people like to be uber competitive and successful, to them stats will be important as it evidences their stature. Most, I hope, play for fun, some should really try something else but thanks for making up the numbers!!! It's your game, your time, play how you want but play to win

Edited by tridentas, 23 February 2017 - 09:44 AM.

In peacetime, sons bury their fathers, in War, fathers bury their sons

Deadly_Tank_Girl #33 Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 496 battles
  • [-J7-]

View Postlateo74, on 23 March 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

If you'd taken years to master an art form, you'd eventually be lauded as an Expert or Master

But you wouldn't have to keep justifying all those failed attempts to learn the art form, when you first started out

So why do we use an contrived 'Career WinRate' value, ultimately (and sometimes fatally) eroded by our initial 'learning curve'? 

Isn't a 30 Day, 60 Day or 90 Day WinRate a better value than a Career WinRate?  

:popcorn:

goose777 #34 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38692 battles
  • [HUNT]
I'm actively trying to improve my win rate. But let's not forget that this is a team game. We all have games where we play out of our skins but still end up loosing. Sometimes I play bad but am lucky to be in a good team so I end up winning. I take pride in my stats but let's remember that this is just a game. As someone mentioned: it's about the battle that you are fighting that's important not the battle before it. As long as you try your best and fulfil the role of the tank that you are using and having fun then don't worry so much about a wr number.

Heliotrope_2016 #35 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6584 battles

The WR for a premium tank, with a given number of battles, will more accurately reflect the skill of a player than the WR of a non-premium tank.  This is because they all have the same 100% crew for all battles, along with identical modules. 

In contrast, the WR for a non-premium tanks may be initially handicapped by having a 75% (or even 50%) crew.  And apart from Tier X vehicles, it may also suffer from the inferior performance of stock modules.  These parameters will tend to "dilute" the player skill factor element if you compare your WR for a tank against another players WR.

Lastly, it is more likely that premium tank owners would keep their tanks.  And I therefore surmise such owners in general would fully equip their tanks with the best equipment available.  That's what I do anyway.

rwpanther #36 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29691 battles

Who cares about WR. Make yourself a gift and stop worrying about it. All that matters is if I will kick some a...s in this battle or maybe if mine will be kicked. If I loose but I had a good game it was still worth the effort and I am having fun, if game was bad and I failed I know I have to improve and learn from failure.

When fun ends, my journey in blitz ends.

Just_merpug #37 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58294 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postrwpanther, on 20 April 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

Who cares about WR. Make yourself a gift and stop worrying about it. All that matters is if I will kick some a...s in this battle or maybe if mine will be kicked. If I loose but I had a good game it was still worth the effort and I am having fun, if game was bad and I failed I know I have to improve and learn from failure.

When fun ends, my journey in blitz ends.

With you there, bro. So why did I buy back the Churchill VII?

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Tijgerhaai_XIV #38 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]

Cos a tank you don't like is a tank you don't play well in (generally speaking).

And that is a challenge, and we are by nature drawn to challenges even if really we shouldn't. You want to be a super-unicum in the Churchill, you can taste it, you'd love it. And you are a slave to these desires, regardless of what your brain tells you. 

It's just like me with the M2 Medium. I bought that tank back and raised my win rate from 25% all the way to 27.2%. No, really. Then I sold it again cos even with HEAT I really did not like it.

I hope that has cleared all that up for you.

Just_merpug #39 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58294 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 20 April 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

Cos a tank you don't like is a tank you don't play well in (generally speaking).

And that is a challenge, and we are by nature drawn to challenges even if really we shouldn't. You want to be a super-unicum in the Churchill, you can taste it, you'd love it. And you are a slave to these desires, regardless of what your brain tells you. 

It's just like me with the M2 Medium. I bought that tank back and raised my win rate from 25% all the way to 27.2%. No, really. Then I sold it again cos even with HEAT I really did not like it.

I hope that has cleared all that up for you.

Lol, really not. There are tanks I'd love to be a shiny purple unicorn in, but that's not one of them. M2 Medium, on the other hand, is enormous fun. :)

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

rwpanther #40 Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29691 battles

View Postmrpgilbert, on 20 April 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

With you there, bro. So why did I buy back the Churchill VII?

I did not re-bought it. Last played a year ago while grinding the line.

But I re-bought some tanks after learning to play like A-20 and T67 (known previously as T49) to have fun in them in lower tiers. Previously I did not liked them and my stats were awful. Now ... I love them - poor seals :)

I re-bought also Leo PTA after grinding to STB, because I wanted to have Leopard 1. Previously I hated Leo PTA, now WOW what a tank.

I am considering also re-buy some tanks to verify if tank is poor or rather the tanker was poor at the time. But I had such ideas since I have nothing to grind to. I have to find some entertaining goal after all.

I agree that I am not liking most the tanks I am best in. Check my stats in E25. I really like the tank but I am not very good playing it. I like also DeathStar but I am far from being good in it.

Edited by rwpanther, 20 April 2017 - 09:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users