v2.8 sucks

pay to win homeless premium player angry money farmer

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: v2.8 sucks (127 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

v2.8 sucks

1. yes. (115 votes [90.55%])

Percentage of vote: 90.55%

2. no. (12 votes [9.45%])

Percentage of vote: 9.45%

because of :

1. new economics - it makes money farming the goal of the game. (82 votes [44.09%])

Percentage of vote: 44.09%

2. new consumables including "tea and more tea" makes it a pay to win. (88 votes [47.31%])

Percentage of vote: 47.31%

3. I just bought Luchs and I keep dying at the Mill in Malinovka (16 votes [8.60%])

Percentage of vote: 8.60%

Vote Hide poll

Hero600 #101 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43049 battles
  • [VG]

View PostEDURACE, on 09 April 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

Hmmm.. air is fresh! I know! :trollface:

"like I did"

I actually reinstalled 4 days aago, and god that was a mistake, nevertheless,  I saved up enough cheerfulness by being away from the game and until it runs out (pretty soon) I'm playing

unkindests #102 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 12 April 2016 - 09:05 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

GreatDragon4724 #103 Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21140 battles
  • [OBLVN]
i wish i had unicum stats xD

Probably going to continue doing youtube after leaving my channel collecting dust

subscribe now 370 subs and counting: https://www.youtube....JgwAm2yIeikdqrg

CreamyWhip #104 Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23852 battles

View PostIrmaBecx, on 09 April 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

I'm on the last legs of a premium account at the moment, and am not noticing the changes in income that much. Some tanks really get an edge with the new consumables, just like the old Adrenaline and Chocolate used to provide. While I agree it's a major change that will continue to impact the game, my feeling is that things will stabilise over time.

Imagine you're not playing on premium, you're halfway through a game, and your team is a few tanks behind. You're probably going to lose.

Do you make a go of it, incurring significant expense in the process and still probably lose or do you think 'stuff it, v2.8 penalises fighting on regardless', curtail any further spending and take your tank off in search of the nearest lake or cliff?

Edited by CreamyWhip, 09 April 2016 - 09:21 PM.

IrmaBecx #105 Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27140 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostCreamyWhip, on 09 April 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Imagine you're not playing on premium, you're halfway through a game, and your team is a few tanks behind. You're probably going to lose.

Do you make a go of it, incurring significant expense in the process and still probably lose or do you think 'stuff it, v2.8 penalises fighting on regardless', curtail any further spending and take your tank off in search of the nearest lake or cliff?

I always fight to the death, win or lose. Except if they are faster and I have no hope of catching them, then I'll cap and draw them out, then fight to the death.

When I press "Battle", I know I could be ammoracked instantly from across the map before having done anything useful at all and lose a chunk of change. I'm ok with that. I they to have a buffer of at least one million credits so I can concentrate on playing and not economy. If I didn't have a premium account, I would probably play a lot of tanks less and concentrate on grinding credits a lot more than I do now, but I would still fight just as hard.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

CreamyWhip #106 Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23852 battles

... also my preferred approach.

However, I've had a few games post 2.8 update which I carried hard as a lower tier where I found myself looking at the bill afterwards and asking myself if it was worth it. That's even with wins, on a premium a/c.

Going forward without premium I guess my all too frequent last stands will involve no prammo, no repair kits, no additional spend.

IrmaBecx #107 Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27140 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostCreamyWhip, on 10 April 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

Going forward without premium I guess my all too frequent last stands will involve no prammo, no repair kits, no additional spend.

Yeah, exactly. Carry harder, I guess? :)

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

minitelrose #108 Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMrFfog, on 09 April 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

A bit harsh??

The game is overrun with prammo spam. Every single match, all you hear is heatrounds going off.

so please Dassem, tell me what is the point of driving a heavy tank then, when anything and anyone just pen straight trough your armor.

They might just as well just remove armor value completely, it serves no purpouse.

No sir this game is going completely to crap, just as bad as the pc version if not more.

and now on top this idiotic "update" with new content making it comletely impossible to make any meaningfull amount of credits.

need 6 mill to get a tank, and you get maby if your lucky 10k from 1 match. That is an unholy amount of matches to play.

Historically, the very reason for the burial of the heavy tank after 1945.

having 10 medium tanks spamming heat rounds was just much more efficient than one seemingly invincible heavy sitting like a duck in the middle of the shooting range.

speed to get best position first, and HEAT to go through anything, was just the best combo you could get. In real life, tanks are dead at first pen, being first to shoot and making sure it goes through is everything.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

basic_chaos #109 Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 307 battles

View Postminitelrose, on 10 April 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Historically, the very reason for the burial of the heavy tank after 1945.

having 10 medium tanks spamming heat rounds was just much more efficient than one seemingly invincible heavy sitting like a duck in the middle of the shooting range.

speed to get best position first, and HEAT to go through anything, was just the best combo you could get. In real life, tanks are dead at first pen, being first to shoot and making sure it goes through is everything.

Yes, except armour of those those heavy tanks was supposed to protect you against existing threats, and it did. When they designed the turret of Tiger II, they made front plate 185mm thick for a reason. They could have made it 250mm without any significant problem, but there was no need. There was no real threat of mediums spamming HEAT with 300mm penetration at the time they designed it.

Now, in game you have to use the same armour in completely inadequate situation, it does not protect the tank against existing threats. Heavy is obsolete in this game, but you have to use it because it's in the game.

minitelrose #110 Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postbasic_chaos, on 11 April 2016 - 02:59 AM, said:

Yes, except armour of those those heavy tanks was supposed to protect you against existing threats, and it did. When they designed the turret of Tiger II, they made front plate 185mm thick for a reason. They could have made it 250mm without any significant problem, but there was no need. There was no real threat of mediums spamming HEAT with 300mm penetration at the time they designed it.

Now, in game you have to use the same armour in completely inadequate situation, it does not protect the tank against existing threats. Heavy is obsolete in this game, but you have to use it because it's in the game.

Tigers in normandy had to deal with being shot by typhoons planes, diving and shooting rockets all day long. I like the idea of meeting medium spamming heat better. they couldn't run away or shoot at them back. Even if accuracy was horrible, psychologically it was devastating. particularly they had to travel by night and ran out of gas every other day.

In the east They met with iliouchin planes whose canon could knock out tanks without need for rockets or bombs. Which they also were equipped with.

Heavy tanks also met mines and panzerFaust / bazookas : a single civilian could knock out any tank at close range without training.

Oh, did i mention artillery ?

it wasn't any more fun than medium spamming heat at your face, I like blitz better.

Finally, Germany built the tiger, the king tiger and went on to build two E100. They were the only ones going this direction and they lost the war. Panther was a much better and more needed tank but they didn't build enough of them instead.

Edited by minitelrose, 11 April 2016 - 10:06 AM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

basic_chaos #111 Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 307 battles

View Postminitelrose, on 11 April 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

...  I like blitz better. ...

Relax, it's not about Germany. Of course game can not be a "simulator of war". However, even in arcade tank game some basic principles of tank design can be observed.

So why do you install thick armour on the front of your tank? Of course, it's to prevent other tanks to penetrate your front from the typical fighting distance. 

Why would you ever install 200mm armour if enemy has guns with 300mm penetration?

minitelrose #112 Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postbasic_chaos, on 11 April 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

Relax, it's not about Germany. Of course game can not be a "simulator of war". However, even in arcade tank game some basic principles of tank design can be observed.

So why do you install thick armour on the front of your tank? Of course, it's to prevent other tanks to penetrate your front from the typical fighting distance. 

Why would you ever install 200mm armour if enemy has guns with 300mm penetration?

Oh I don't really care much about history, I'm pointing to you that going heavier and heavier in tank design proved wrong. Mobility and firepower is much more efficient. And it is still the case.

Better projectiles have always been easier to invent than better armor.

blitz is all about team cooperation. Heavies or TD or even meds or lights can't do much when alone.

Edited by minitelrose, 11 April 2016 - 11:20 AM.

Read my guides there

basic_chaos #113 Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 307 battles

View Postminitelrose, on 11 April 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

Oh I don't really care much about history, I'm just saying it shows why going heavier and heavier in tank design proved wrong. Mobility and firepower is much more efficient. And it is still the case.

I agree completely, but for the game to be interesting, these two opposites better be balanced and choice defined by preference, while outcome defined by skill.

I really believe that it would not hurt if T-54 had to go around E100 to pen.

_L0GAN_ #114 Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18642 battles
  • [EMRS]

I am having difficulty shooting NGLs with their revamped powers !!!

( the screenshot is as I saw it but it actually slammed into my toon buddy Blood and Iron's Cruiser and self destructed its little NGL self)

Edited by Miku_Baby, 12 April 2016 - 09:53 AM.

scaramax #115 Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25285 battles
  • [AFK]

Aha, I see you've met the new helium provision

It was designed to be used with heavy russian tanks, but of course when used with ngl, the effects are uhmmmm....

Dassem_ #116 Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30068 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMiku_Baby, on 11 April 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

I am having difficulty shooting NGLs with their revamped powers !!!!

oh noes! all my upvotes are spent! 

This really shows how OP the super super super rocket fuel provision is! :teethhappy:

(i only wish it had happened when our tanks were farting flowers... that would be the right kind of flower power...)

Check out The Dassem Channel

purple_Thunderstorm #117 Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27828 battles
  • [I-G-I]

Hi new update just a money game

darkevil3748348 #118 Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11128 battles
  • [KIKO]

WG is officially turning into Money thieves,,, I had ST-1, IS-8, and T-54 and i was forced to sell all of them bcz they were reducing money instead of earning them. i guess tier 8+ tanks needed to be paid off from our wallet to feed WG's bank..... well the game is turning almost IMPOSSIBLE to get tier 10 witthout using any money plz fix! or we will be in alot of disgrace!

romsitsa #119 Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 48745 battles
  • [VG]

IS-8 incomes remained the same (no prammo, camo or provisions), T-54 (no camo, provisions, spamming gold) earns a bit better than before 2.8. In my experience.

A

BigDog_ #120 Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17931 battles
  • [TWG]

View PostM8Tricks, on 09 April 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

I'm middle aged, I have a family and hobbies that are offline. I liked playing blitz. It was a good way to escape from the day to day. Now it feels like a black hole that sucks up time AND money. It's not so easy to justify it as a use of my time...

I was paying for a premium account and premium tanks and TDs from the start but stopped when I found I was paying for premium tanks only to see the performance reduced by game changes a few weeks later. If you pay for something you don't expect it to get downgraded. so now I just play V, VI tanks for free and am selling of my high end tanks and all my TDs for silver.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users