v2.8 sucks

pay to win homeless premium player angry money farmer

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: v2.8 sucks (127 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

v2.8 sucks

1. yes. (115 votes [90.55%])

Percentage of vote: 90.55%

2. no. (12 votes [9.45%])

Percentage of vote: 9.45%

because of :

1. new economics - it makes money farming the goal of the game. (82 votes [44.09%])

Percentage of vote: 44.09%

2. new consumables including "tea and more tea" makes it a pay to win. (88 votes [47.31%])

Percentage of vote: 47.31%

3. I just bought Luchs and I keep dying at the Mill in Malinovka (16 votes [8.60%])

Percentage of vote: 8.60%

Vote Hide poll

GreatDragon4724 #41 Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21140 battles
  • [OBLVN]

hows that?

Edited by GreatDragon4724, 08 April 2016 - 04:59 PM.

Probably going to continue doing youtube after leaving my channel collecting dust

subscribe now 370 subs and counting: https://www.youtube....JgwAm2yIeikdqrg

fivasim #42 Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31994 battles

View Postmayolicious, on 08 April 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

How do you know it was 3 acpr rounds?

according to his damage he has fired approximately 7 shots, and the ammo for high alpha is very expensive

his ammo cost 20470.

I did the math and it adds to 3 APCR + 3 AP + 1 HE

Also, the consumable cost indicates that he used both fuel and rations.

I don't know the exact number but each successful shot from the Obj gives about 2.5K-3K credits, so if he fired 6AP instead of 3AP+3APCR and assuming he'd get one bounce in the 3 more AP shots he'd still be at +7K profit for the battle. Lose the fuel too, and there you go. Almost 15K profit with less damage. I don't recall having better in my Obj

View PostM8Tricks, on 08 April 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

So what you're saying is that if you're a noob, then you can make more than if you're a better player? That's not how the game should be balanced. It should reward highly the players that play the best, and punish highly the ones that noob hardest. If WG cared about the game, they would make it filter better players up, make the top tiers something to aspire to, not something to buy into. That doesn't motivate me to spend more, quite the opposite...

Well I agree with you on that. WG made life easier for noobs by reducing cost of repairs for almost all tanks. I don't like this change at all. I was happy credit farming with my tier7s just to play a few games in my beloved FV4202. But this 'technical difficulty' also ensured that FV4202 was mostly driven by good players and bad players would quickly give up on it.

Although I admit that I now enjoy making good credits in my FV4202, I'm afraid thinking the number of noobs it will attract now

View PostM8Tricks, on 08 April 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

apcr is only carried for special occasions. To dig you out of a hole. In a tank like an obj, that can't run, a guaranteed pen on a well armoured enemy can be the difference between a 600 damage game and a game when you win.

You are absolutely correct and I totally agree with you. I don't blame you for using APCR, I use APCR too. But you have to pay the price for having a guaranteed pen on a well armoured enemy, don't you? I'm just saying that in previous version you'd have greater loses in credits for this game.

I'm not judging your skill at all. In fact, that is an excellent display of a very good game. But it's not a good example of the profitability changes in 2.8

Certified member of the "Save the Littlepard" Foundation

Rest In Peace Edurace. You will not be forgotten

PapaSten #43 Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45862 battles
  • [LGN]

I think this is pretty useless to talk about.

Every update someone has to cry.

Maybe for a change say something positive.

I will start because for most people it seems to be quite hard to do.

It brings a new line that people can enjoy, because I haven't really looked at it properly.

It brings us one step closer too training rooms.

The reworked malinovka looks great.

about provisions only good thing that I can think of it makes the games fast-paced.

Edited by Fourdiesel, 08 April 2016 - 05:05 PM.

Dassem_ #44 Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30068 battles
  • [AFK]

ok, ill sum up my positive thoughts:

new tank line is ok. not anything i wanted, but good for those who did.

speed provision made a Luchs of my T-54, so its fun. Not when youre not the one in the T-54 tho.

Luchs nerf, tiers 3 and 4 are now playable!

Check out The Dassem Channel

GreatDragon4724 #45 Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21140 battles
  • [OBLVN]

View PostDassem_Ultor_, on 08 April 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

ok, ill sum up my positive thoughts:

new tank line is ok. not anything i wanted, but good for those who did.

speed provision made a Luchs of my T-54, so its fun. Not when youre not the one in the T-54 tho.

Luchs nerf, tiers 3 and 4 are now playable!

agreed

Probably going to continue doing youtube after leaving my channel collecting dust

hoihaguy #46 Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12752 battles
i agree on all the above. As edurace didnt want people to whine but wanted evidence, here it is. I have tried playing my jagdtiger, sithout premium account. i ran multi rep kit, rep kit and chocolate (for the sake of pre2.8 comparison. i lost 50k over the course of 6 games. I compared this to a few old screenshots of good games, (these 6 games were good games), and by comparison: Pre2.8 i made 42k, post2.8 its -50k. That about sums it up. it has to be revisited by WG in some way.

there's only one balance WG cares about

its their bank account balance

GreatDragon4724 #47 Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21140 battles
  • [OBLVN]

View Posthoihaguy, on 08 April 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

i agree on all the above. As edurace didnt want people to whine but wanted evidence, here it is. I have tried playing my jagdtiger, sithout premium account. i ran multi rep kit, rep kit and chocolate (for the sake of pre2.8 comparison. i lost 50k over the course of 6 games. I compared this to a few old screenshots of good games, (these 6 games were good games), and by comparison: Pre2.8 i made 42k, post2.8 its -50k. That about sums it up. it has to be revisited by WG in some way.

they should give us premium account for life :trollface:

minitelrose #48 Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postunkindest, on 08 April 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

Secondly, why people prefer to whine on forum, create useless topics like: WG suck, new update suck, everything suck, f you WG and so on? Why so much useless effort if instead you might consider to make a proper report: collect screenshots, compare them with screenshots from 2.7, raise a ticket, post on forum and present your case? But no, that requires some actual effort, thinking and analysis. So far all the talks are about: "I feel it became worse". 

Just bear in mind, making proper reports and presenting your case properly would drastically increase your chances to be heard, and, most importantly, you might actually be of help to find the appropriate solution as fast as possible.

Dear unkindest, 

i really appreciate your contribution to this forum, as well as your formidably accurate and detailed information about tidbits coming form the WG motherland. Most of your post was very informative and I'm sorry I edited out a big chunk.

I also agree with you that every noob coming here to complain about "LUCHS not working" is not pushing the right way, and that even more grown ups player opening new mm threads every other day will not move anything forward.

I started this thread because it is an opinion thread. No need for long proofs, just what is your opinion , it sucks yes or no.

Since you suggested I should, I did and followed your advice and opened a ticket about the economics and how it's not good (for me). Asking for precisions.

Hello Commander,

Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Customer Service Team to give us your feedback.

We totally understand your frustration about this.

However, please know that the customer service team is not responsible over the game system/mechanics changes. This is the job of our game development team. The best way to reach out to them is to share your feedback on our official forums.

We advise you to share your feedback and suggestions on our official forum

We are very eager to receive feedback from our players to make our game more enjoyable. This feedback has been checked regularly by our Game Development team.

If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Selçuk Kadir

So here is my conclusion :

according to WG customer support , all people should come here and vote "no" or start their own rant thread if they feel like the new economics is broken. 

Mobilize !

Edited by minitelrose, 08 April 2016 - 11:48 PM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

unkindest #49 Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46076 battles
  • [PHNX]

View Postminitelrose, on 09 April 2016 - 01:40 AM, said:

Dear unkindest, 

i really appreciate your contribution to this forum, as well as your formidably accurate and detailed information about tidbits coming form the WG motherland. Most of your post was very informative and I'm sorry I edited out a big chunk.

I also agree with you that every noob coming here to complain about "LUCHS not working" is not pushing the right way, and that even more grown ups player opening new mm threads every other day will not move anything forward.

I started this thread because it is an opinion thread. No need for long proofs, just what is your opinion , it sucks yes or no.

Since you suggested I should, I did and followed your advice and opened a ticket about the economics and how it's not good (for me). Asking for precisions.

Hello Commander,

Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Customer Service Team to give us your feedback.

We totally understand your frustration about this.

However, please know that the customer service team is not responsible over the game system/mechanics changes. This is the job of our game development team. The best way to reach out to them is to share your feedback on our official forums.

We advise you to share your feedback and suggestions on our official forum

We are very eager to receive feedback from our players to make our game more enjoyable. This feedback has been checked regularly by our Game Development team.

If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Selçuk Kadir

So here is my conclusion :

according to WG consumer support , all people should come here and vote "no" or start their own rant thread if they feel like the new economics is broken. 

Mobilize !

Thanks for doing this, and I'm sorry that my recommendation was in any way misleading. Apparently, EU support is not handling these matters, which is outrageous. On RU forums they always recommend to contact support, because that is their responsibility, together with forums.

The thing is, that this forum no one reads, no one takes part in the discussion from staff team. Just look on their number of posts. So the this new guy Cynd3r announced himself as our 3d (!!!) new English Community Coordinator.  So? Where is he? That was his one and only message. 

At this point all i can say is that developers are aware of the problems and doing their best to fix this. I don't think, as our staff is not taking part in this and EU support as well, that EU server might be any of help in this situation. All we can do is wait. But I can assure you, that the work is being done on RU forums, they collecting data, participating in questionaries and so on.

MrFfog #50 Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7624 battles
  • [P7]

Not just 2,8 but the whole game sucks, and it keeps going downhill fast.

why WG keeps this crap going is beyond me.

like the insane preem ammo spam, just anoying like hell. All you hear is heatrounds going off. 

Please WG just remove armor all together, armor serves no purpouse at all anymore.

Heavy tanks, just remove them to, they have no use what so ever. Anything and anyone pens heavy tank armor. 

And i thought wot on pc was bad with all the mods and cheats and gold spam, blitz just keeps on going the way to veing even more crapthan that.

And players keep coming in throwing good money at this crap.

minitelrose #51 Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postunkindest, on 09 April 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

Thanks for doing this, and I'm sorry that my recommendation was in any way misleading. Apparently, EU support is not handling these matters, which is outrageous. On RU forums they always recommend to contact support, because that is their responsibility, together with forums.

The thing is, that this forum no one reads, no one takes part in the discussion from staff team. Just look on their number of posts. So the this new guy Cynd3r announced himself as our 3d (!!!) new English Community Coordinator.  So? Where is he? That was his one and only message. 

At this point all i can say is that developers are aware of the problems and doing their best to fix this. I don't think, as our staff is not taking part in this and EU support as well, that EU server might be any of help in this situation. All we can do is wait. But I can assure you, that the work is being done on RU forums, they collecting data, participating in questionaries and so on.

thanks buddy.

yeah this entire forum is just decoration at best.

That's bad for the second server worldwide and our community. Asia and NA receive far better treatment.

again, if it wasn't for your posts, we would probably learn that there is a new version the day after.

well I have no clue for the half dozen threads on the subject. Mine was just an opinion poll.

Edited by minitelrose, 09 April 2016 - 06:28 AM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

1k4 #52 Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22409 battles
  • [MIASO]

You would have thought  Customer Services would be reporting the feedback from this forum back to WG. Or, if not them the English Community Coodinator.

With a title like that, you would think they would be a link between the forum and WG. However they appear, and than are never seen again.  Communication or the lack of it, seems to be a problem for WG.

The_Kataphraktoi #53 Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22527 battles
I have considered this update carefully. There are many subtleties and nuances that have to be contemplated and after careful reflection. I THINK THIS UPDATE SUCKS!
Courage - and shuffle the cards!
Infamy! Infamy! They've all got in-for-me! :teethhappy:

Winners lose more than losers! They win and lose more, because winners stay in the game.

Dassem_ #54 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30068 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMrFfog, on 09 April 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Not just 2,8 but the whole game sucks, and it keeps going downhill fast.

why WG keeps this crap going is beyond me.

like the insane preem ammo spam, just anoying like hell. All you hear is heatrounds going off. 

Please WG just remove armor all together, armor serves no purpouse at all anymore.

Heavy tanks, just remove them to, they have no use what so ever. Anything and anyone pens heavy tank armor. 

And i thought wot on pc was bad with all the mods and cheats and gold spam, blitz just keeps on going the way to veing even more crapthan that.

And players keep coming in throwing good money at this crap.

thats a bit harsh... yes, things havent been all improvements lately, but its still the best trablet game ever, beating anything else by lightyears.
Check out The Dassem Channel

Hero600 #55 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43049 battles
  • [VG]

View PostDassem_Ultor_, on 09 April 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

thats a bit harsh... yes, things havent been all improvements lately, but its still the best trablet game ever, beating anything else by lightyears.

best polished game, maybe, but best management???? Oh no no no no, not even close ttobeing pleasant

MrFfog #56 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7624 battles
  • [P7]

A bit harsh??

The game is overrun with prammo spam. Every single match, all you hear is heatrounds going off.

so please Dassem, tell me what is the point of driving a heavy tank then, when anything and anyone just pen straight trough your armor.

They might just as well just remove armor value completely, it serves no purpouse.

No sir this game is going completely to crap, just as bad as the pc version if not more.

and now on top this idiotic "update" with new content making it comletely impossible to make any meaningfull amount of credits.

need 6 mill to get a tank, and you get maby if your lucky 10k from 1 match. That is an unholy amount of matches to play.

llo1 #57 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29476 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostDassem_Ultor_, on 09 April 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Very true Dassem.

i have finally managed to update the WOTB 2.8, and have managed to actual find a wifi that works in the UK, and now played a few games. 

My twopennorth, is that in general and overall, the game still works.

I know this is going to be controversial but the game as a tablet version is still good.

There are certain areas that are bad, certain areas that are terrible, but mostly it still works.

For the bad areas please see other posts, topics etc.....and WG these need attention immediately.

For the things that WG presently cannot/do not want to change (ie noobs in too high a tier and AFK players) these are still rubbish and require attention by the developers!

farslider1 #58 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15734 battles

For me 2.8 is mostly fine, as far as the actual game mechanics go. 

What I dont like is that it has strengthened the feeling I already had about WG being too profit-focused, and not delivering any value for money. 

Previously I would play a few games in a credit earner at tier 5 or 7 in order to pay for a bit of heat spamming at tier 9 and 10- where I dont mind spending credits to help improve my WR. 

Tier 10 is now so expensive, and the credit earnings are so low from other tiers, that my overall approach no longer works. 

So I now have to grind through twice as many tier 7 games to make enough money to play a tier 10 game- and thats just too much time spent grinding. The clue is in the title- 'grinding'. As an adult I want to choose fun activities for my spare time. I dont want to feel I am 'grinding' anything. 

In the last year I have given WG a frankly stupid amount of money- buying most of the premium tanks, buying tons of premium ammo for actual cash, paying a huge amount to convert all my free xp to move up the tiers quicker, etc etc. If everyone took my stupid approach, WGs profits would increase tenfold. 

But as a high paying customer, I have an instinctive need to feel I am getting some sort of value for my money- and that has absolutely not happened. In fact I feel that I have wasted 90% of the money spent on this game, and I couldve had just as much fun sticking to one or two lines, plus a decent premium credit earner. 

I free xp'd the entire german light line because it was so OP and fun to play, and a month after I'd paid my money WG then nerfed half that line- just as they will do to the new Russian TDs in after everyone has bought them. Its a great business model, but personally I am tired of getting poor value for money, and apart from a recent gift card I havent spent a penny on the game for a few weeks now. I am trying to become a mostly free-to-play customer. 

The problem for WG is that the 10% of players who are idiots like me- and who probably give them 75% of their profits- are going to get disillusioned by their greed. And those 10% of players leaving will have a big impact on WGs profits. 

They have continent-wide competitions for tens of thousands of players, but offer pathetic prizes worth a few pounds sterling. They charge 2500 gold just to change your username! 

They are all about profit, as are most gaming companies. 

Last year I would have eagerly bought the su122 44 premium, but experience tells me that it wont be as good as the hype, and if it is they'll nerf it anyway. 

So why pay more of my hard earned cash for it? I'm also not going to touch the new russian TDs either- will they really be that different from the other TD lines? Really?

I have tried lots of premium and stock tanks, and I'm left with the impression that I have completely wasted most of the money I spent on them. 

I'm not giving up on blitz yet, but WGs stingy and grasping attitude has left me feeling that they will get the absolute minimum of actual cash from me in future. 

Dimebag_Barrel #59 Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48160 battles
  • [IMM0R]

View Postminitelrose, on 09 April 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

thanks buddy.

yeah this entire forum is just decoration at best.

That's bad for the second server worldwide and our community. Asia and NA receive far better treatment.

again, if it wasn't for your posts, we would probably learn that there is a new version the day after.

I'm NA. We get treated like horseshít, a stupid cash-cow. Our staff is helpless and hopeless.

tridentas #60 Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14065 battles
  • [VG]

View Postunkindest, on 08 April 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Firstly, I recommend you to read this:

So, the feedback from the players compiled and submitted to the developers.
If someone missed the information I will repeat it:

1. A long wait after battle ends. The problem is known and will be fixed
2. Changes in FPS. We know the problem It is being studied.
3. Incorrect value of special offers. The problem is known. If you are a victim of this problem, please contact your customer support center.
4. Profitability and expensive ammunition. Developers received all comments from the players. Now the process of collecting and analyzing statistics server is being started, it will take some time. If the deviations in profitability are detected, the problem will be fixed in the future updates. If the problem will not be identified, there will be no fixes.

RU Original

And this:

At the moment we are collecting statistical data on all servers on the profitability situation. Once we have enough objective information to draw conclusions, then we will notify players about our decision.
As I said earlier, if we find out that there is a problem with profitability, we will fix it. At the moment, I recommend you to use of ammunition carefully, as it might lead to a major draw out of credits on higher tiers.

RU Original

Secondly, why people prefer to whine on forum, create useless topics like: WG suck, new update suck, everything suck, f you WG and so on? Why so much useless effort if instead you might consider to make a proper report: collect screenshots, compare them with screenshots from 2.7, raise a ticket, post on forum and present your case? But no, that requires some actual effort, thinking and analysis. So far all the talks are about: "I feel it became worse". 

Just bear in mind, making proper reports and presenting your case properly would drastically increase your chances to be heard, and, most importantly, you might actually be of help to find the appropriate solution as fast as possible.

can you use quote marks when quoting someone else? That way we know if it is your opinion of what may (or may not) be actually happening, and what has been said by WG directly in Russian somewhere else

For example "we will fix it" is that a royal we? 

Thank you

In peacetime, sons bury their fathers, in War, fathers bury their sons

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users