• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Baowen #1 Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38266 battles
  • [_PB]

10 Tips to get your free Tier X tank.

I've heard so many opinions about WoT Blitz, saying that it is impossible to play without spending real money (EUR/USD whatever is billed on your credit card). 

And some of people saying that, don't even try the game because of this way of thinking - everyone heard this quote: "Free to play, pay to win".

I say: IT IS POSSIBLE TO PLAY FOR FREE AND GET 100% CREW TIER X TANK (and to win with it quite a lot).

Ok first of all it is not that easy as playing with gold. If you like the easy game: get your credit card ready, but if you think you could do better with those money in your pocket, and you accept challenges, you may find something for you here.

Below is the list of things you may want to keep in your mind to actually make it happen (it is according to my experience: mine T62A is now 100% crew), but actually if you only apply the 1st rule, you can as well don't read the rest, which are more basic gameplay rules:

1. You have to save a lot of silver while developing your tanks: 

it means take minimum ammo each battle , buy cheap equipment, and not full, or none add ons (including camouflage). If you are stuck with badly developed tank, you may want to add better equipment, but only if you see it still earns money. Usually if you don't perform like "awesome" getting Master medal, or 1st at least, it may mean that not premium account, tanks of Tier VIII, IX and X would actually cost you silver to play. Get your lower tiers to earn money. You won't be able to keep them all, without gold, even with favorable gold missions, but keep those which you find easy to play with. Yes it means your "highest damage" stats would be bad, but if you want to spend money and have perfect stats, those tips are just not for you. 

(UPDATE: provisions from 2.8 also apply, take none, or take one of the cheap ones - i had 99% of my T62A, when 2.8 kicked in, so it didn't change much to my development).

If you have more time, try to read through other basic rules, but above is just a MUST if you want to save your real money.

2. Use free premium tanks and free premium account to earn more silver. You may not like free premium tanks (I've had a chance to play T7 Car, LTP, M3 Light and Pz. IV Anko) - but is true that all are agile with good piercing guns - average medium or light, you could do good performance with, and unless you did NOTHING, they earn silver and premium experience each game.

Use your free premium account time  (on holidays, for good performance, after finishing some missions). 

3. Use discounts on tanks or equipment, usually they apply to tier V-VII, if you were hesitating to mount quick reload add-on, on your tier VII tank to make it perform better - do it when it is discounted). 

4. Plan your crew skills development,  

Just don't leave it to the game automatic planning. It also means it would be good to have all three types of tanks of at least Tier V. Some people argue about that, but crew skills work with ALL of your tanks: so AT skills would apply to your mediums and heavies, and heavy skills to AT and mediums and so on. Having all of them developed to some extend helps you to get experience quickly. 

5. Plan your tank slots:

Even if you do some gold missions, or would be rewarded some gold in some events, you will be not able to keep all of your tanks. Check your tanks stats (group stats) from time to time, you may see that there is individual win/loose stats: where you may see which tanks give you more wins. You may consider to keep those "winning" tanks a bit longer even if they are not your favorite. 

6. Use your front armor for God's sake!

No matter if you try to survive with your MS-1 or Maus, your front armor gives your better chances of staying alive. Sides are also weaker than front. So sometimes it may mean, that changing your tank angle towards your enemy may be smarter move than actually shooting at it immediately. 

7. Flank your enemy

Especially if you play with light or medium, you may actually do it all the time on short or long distances. Plan your setting with AT, as you won't have this chance on short distance and try to have your team around to be able to flank sides of your enemy with heavy. That simple. 

8. Play with group(s) of your team (no matter what) - it means: try to ADJUST even to idiots gameplay style.

Even if you think of yourself as a pro, and all of the noobs went wrong direction or (worse) are camping, try to adjust to your nub team. You will not do much if you rush alone to this "VERY BEST SOLUTION" hill. You all may still loose if you stay with noobs, but chances are rising with you around them. You will meet newbies all the time, the question is, do you want to get killed bravely and professionally or do you want to have a chance to win like a newbie? 

There is NO PERFECT strategy for each map, because the types of tanks you have in team, differ - maybe someone in your team decided for quick flank because you have more mids in your team, and at the same time huge AT would see its targets? Watch your team on minimal, and ADJUST.

9. Platoon with good players, think of joining a clan to have more friends to platoon with.

I didn't apply to this rule much, as I have very limited time to play. But if you see that one player performs nice, and is willing to platoon with you, it gives you better chances to be on the "good team" than just pure lottery of joining regular game. It also gives you chance to finish platoon missions with silver, experience or even gold as a reward.

10. Complete in game missions!

It means READ your missions requirements and plan how to make them come true. Don't be too fixated on them, but if you have the right tank to do it, try to finish it. You can cycle one mission a day, but I would recommend to do it only with regular experience missions if your tank is already full - those would give you little free experience out of total.  Why you should not circle out other missions? Some of them even have gold (or they had when I played), if you make some gold missions it may mean you have money for another tank slot. Priceless for FREE of charge type of player. If you have enough time you can fight for premium tanks like previous Tankenstein or IS-3 Defender. As premium tanks they have better chances to earn money, and for sure earn better experience and help you develop crew skills. 

To sum up: I played a lot of different games in my life, and most of the "single player" type of games had difficulty levels starting from very easy, through easy, medium, hard, very hard, sometimes topped up with hardcore difficulty. There are obviously no difficulty levels in WoT Blitz, but having gold or NOT HAVING GOLD changes the difficulty visibly. I would say playing without gold is not that bad actually - I would give it hard-difficulty level (even though I played on very unstable Wi-Fi, I could still get more wins than loses and even one Reiseinai Medal xD). 

Even without even 1EUR spent, I kept my wins over losses stats, and had a LOT OF FUN.

Of course with gold to top up crew and tank slots it would be much easier (difficulty: medium?) with gold to also pay for premium account  game starts to be like easy difficulty,  and the last: premium account + premium ammo makes this game like VERY EASY DIFFICULTY.

Whatever tank you play  - at least on the same tier, you will be able to get to their back, and own even the premium account players. I would add that probably it would be easier with medium or light tanks, as you can move easier to flank enemy from the side of his weak armor. New german lights probably are the perfect solution for free of charge players: if you move a lot, and flank enemy, premium or not, still you may be the first to kill them.

Last tip, not like a basic rule, but friendly advice for really new comers:

Start with Soviet Heavies.

Even though I took first German AT line up to tier VIII, then Soviet mediums up to tier X (my free TierX is T62A), and only after that I slowly develop British heavies, I would recommend out of "being hit" experience to start with Soviet Heavies at least up to Tier VIII and maybe meanwhile trying to add some mediums and AT's of your choice. Why Soviet heavies you ask? If all of the players of lower tiers were good with their medium tanks, slow heavy tanks like KV-1 would be an easy prey for them, but most are not good, you have better chances to survive. 

Try to develop also mediums and ATs on the way, but Soviet heavies will give you better chances to get silver out of the battle, and what is important: heavy tanks crew skills. 

I took my time to write this, to tell you that: IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET YOUR FULLY DEVELOPED CREW TIER X TANK WITHOUT SPENDING ANY MONEY. 

It's not even that hard as I said, it would just take so much more time and patience.

I think that more players playing WoT Blitz, means we have more fun and full servers, and more equal tiers in each game. So if you didn't download WoT Blitz because you thought that you would have to spend a lot of money to actually play it - well at least try! Use rules above and it is fun! (at least it was, and still is for me).

Hope this article will help to bring more players to the game, or keep those in game who felt like "i have no silver, but I can't spend real money at this moment". See you all in the next battle!

Titus_Scato #2 Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles
  • [RTR]

My tip to newcomers to earn credits would be this: Drive and fully research ALL the tanks in a tier (even the ones you don't like) before progressing to the next tier. 

So drive and fully research all the Tier 1 tanks, then all the Tier 2's, then all the Tier 3's, then all the Tier 4's, then all the Tier 5's. 

After all that you should have millions of credits, enough to take one line of your choice through to Tier 10.

Baowen #3 Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38266 battles
  • [_PB]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 18 April 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

So drive and fully research all the Tier 1 tanks, then all the Tier 2's, then all the Tier 3's, then all the Tier 4's, then all the Tier 5's. 

My way was to use as much as possible free premium tanks instead, as they give 50% more credits each game (just like every premium tank). But your plan probably is also a way to a lot of credits. I am just afraid it may be even more time consuming. You look like more experienced player than me, so I guess your way has to be one of the ways I haven't thought of before :) Thanks for comment and see you in the next battle!

BogyOne #4 Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10530 battles

My guide on the topic would be much shorter:

Be like Phony, don't spend credits on crap.

Edited by BogyOne, 19 April 2016 - 06:14 AM.

Fury_733 #5 Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles
Play lower tiers, you don't lose much credits if you lose

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

Quallo_Musto #6 Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 23446 battles
Definately doable to get tier X without spending a dime. Got the E100, E50M and Jagdpanzer E100 before I started using premium account iirc. Good times :)

iRok_official #7 Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4727 battles
So I must play only low tier tanks because when I drive T-54 I lost credits almost all the time... when I mastered  T-54 firing only AP and used HEAT once, did 5.6k damage, 6 kills, kept half of the T-54 hit points, yet got only 11.000 credits :( So I would need 600 battles like that(if you dont count defeats when u lost even 30.000 credits and then you have to repeat 3 battles like that above, just TO BALANCE the loss) btw I dont use any provisions. But thanks for the tips, it helped a little ;) keep it up

Edited by iRok_official, 25 April 2016 - 08:50 AM.

The noobiest WoTB YouTuber

https://www.youtube....r/iRokOFFICIAL1

iRok_official #8 Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4727 battles
Replay of the battle if you want to see it

The noobiest WoTB YouTuber

https://www.youtube....r/iRokOFFICIAL1

phony1907 #9 Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27561 battles
İts all about how much time you have. İf you have the time everything is achievable. I bought 4 tier 10 tanks and gained 31 slots without even spending a dime. But then ı realize ı dont have the time so bought premium account to enjoy the game to maximum in my gaming time.

If calling for help, follow me, I know how to die!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4tqTiik7dSnoI6s0UtuMw

minitelrose #10 Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 83760 battles
  • [AFK]

Very nice and detailed thread and original post.

its worth reading every letter of it.

it takes time to unlock a tier X for free,

but it takes a lot more time to learn how to play.

I want you to read twice the "a lot more" part.

so don't worry about getting it, just play and eventually it will be yours.

I will concede nothing : the WR needs to be re-counted - by hand.

NoMoreFuxGiven #11 Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20260 battles
Excellant article, thank you for taking the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users