Credit glitch ( WG excessive response )

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
515 replies to this topic

eliasdepelias #41 Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43574 battles
  • [EMRS]

Taking credits like this is cheating, but 6 month ban is over the top. Those who did it, know what they did and why they did it.

Just ban for a week, and take gained credits away, nobody gets hurt.

jazateba_1 #42 Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [JAZZ]

View PostSariel_, on 08 June 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

I'm sick of comparing game with real life. Nobody from our clan has used this bug (including me of course). But banning players for 6 months or even perma bans just because someone fcked up sth in development is totally pointless.

who told u ,that someone would be banned for 6 months?? that is only a rumor, as everything, that we heard about being banned. WG do not give a f*** to do something in this questions. there is the third day after they said " tomorrow will be an official statement".  I wish they would do something to show, that cheating is bad. BUT to this time ,there are ANY statements from WG. so stop crying about 6 months ban or permanent ban. that is only a rumor....

Edited by jazateba_1, 08 June 2016 - 09:27 AM.

Sariel_ #43 Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5506 battles

View Postjazateba_1, on 08 June 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

who told u ,that someone would be banned for 6 months?? that is only a rumor, as everything, that we heard about being banned. WG do not give a f*** to do something in this questions. there is the third day after they said " tomorrow will be an official statement".  I wish they would do something to show, that cheating is bad. BUT to this time ,there are ANY statements from WG. so stop crying about 6 months ban or permanent ban. that is only a rumor....

Around 60 players from russian server already got the ban...

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 6.0

[H4PKY] náborové vlákno   My YT channel   Twitch - streaming clan battles

Pavo1334 #44 Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17228 battles
  • [LVC]

View PostSariel_, on 08 June 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Around 60 players from russian server already got the ban...

How much time the ban ?

Sariel_ #45 Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5506 battles

View PostEDURACE, on 08 June 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

There will be more bugs in future. How to teach this category of players do not exploit them, but report instead? How to teach them that everything will eventually be found in the log files and they will lose more than they can get exploiting the bugs?

Just a short ban and removing the credits

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 6.0

[H4PKY] náborové vlákno   My YT channel   Twitch - streaming clan battles

Buters_Stoch #46 Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19310 battles
  • [RIOT-]

Just to be clear, I think no one here wants to see his/her friends (a dumb as they can be :) ) away for 6 mounts or more, we all want a moderate sanction like 2/3 weeks and credit removal. 

However, if someone really farmed intensively with the intention of being malevolent then the sanction must be more severe.

For politicians, the delicacy of the etiquette and the subtleties of diplomacy count less than success. 

romsitsa #47 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

View PostSariel_, on 08 June 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Just a short ban and removing the credits

It's not about the credits. Everyone agreed WGs EULA (an agreement by law). Using  a glitch to gain personal advantage is against this EULA. One will get sanctionised for breaking an agreement.

I would permaban them btw.

A

Kagemusha67 #48 Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22124 battles

View Posttomas_legion, on 07 June 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

P.S so for those who don't know, nearly every clan that is known on this server had at least one or two members doing this and some which had 10s, yet other clan mates want them banned and are publicly saying it on the forums. Shows great clan spirit and fellowship eh? I wonder if these people even ever talk to eachother inside the clan or they simply just don't care about what happens to their fellow clan mates.

Wow. Just wow. So you're saying that a clan's duty is to knowingly cover up systemic fraud within its ranks? Because 'clan before morals' or some such BS? Leaving aside your other argument that stealing a wallet is OK if no-one sees you do it, this attitude shows a distasteful lack of any moral compass. Personally, I think a clan that condones such behaviour, or worse, knowingly endorses it, should be disbanded. The entire clan and it's affiliates.

The perpetrators, clan lead and deputies should be banned for 3 months and the rest of the membership for 3 weeks. 

If people think it's OK to exploit a mistake to their advantage, then it follows that they will have no problem using any hacks or exploits that they can in order to gain an advantage. It shows that they:

1. think that being the best is more important than enjoying the game
  2. don't have the confidence in their own abilities as a player to win without such 'help'
  3. will use methods that are illegal if they think the transgression is 'small' or the risk of being caught is minimal
  4. hold themselves above reproach and deny any wrongdoing
  5. put their personal loyalties before truth and honesty to the wider community and WG
  6. resent paying for the hours of gameplay they've had
  7. resent an entertainment company making money
  8. have an artificially inflated sense of entitlement and think the world owes them 'just because'

Probably these people object to traffic cameras and think that speed limits don't apply to them, or write arguments like this lowlife: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brock-turner-dad-action-stanford-sexual-assault_us_57548e2fe4b0c3752dcdf574?ir=Women&section=us_women&utm_hp_ref=women

Edited by Kagemusha67, 08 June 2016 - 02:39 PM.

*WARNING! This vehicle is de-noobing!* *WARNING! This vehicle is de-noobing!* *WARNING! This vehicle is de-noobing!*

Proud Padawan of Active Frontline Klan

AFK Deputy Leader in charge of tea and biscuits. Now owner of HMS Insipid (currently in dry dock). Link to my stats: http://stats-sig.eu/...ha67/eu/sig.png

StepVr #49 Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22222 battles

View Postromsitsa, on 08 June 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

It's not about the credits. Everyone agreed WGs EULA (an agreement by law). Using  a glitch to gain personal advantage is against this EULA. One will get sanctionised for breaking an agreement.

I would permaban them btw.

A

I agree with this position.

The rogues can create a new account and read more carefully WGS's EULA.

Edited by StepVr, 08 June 2016 - 01:26 PM.

fivasim #50 Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31994 battles

View Postniounia, on 08 June 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

ok a rich dad with 1 kid (super rich) is forgetting his wallet. (if you take it he will not get any poor or anything he is super rich)   will you take it then ? 

Well if talking the wallet does not deprive the man of his wallet, so in the end we both get two full wallets, I'd take it.

That's why you can't compare digital goods to real life goods, piracy with theft and so on....

On the other hand, I believe the 6month or permanent ban is fair for the abusers of the bug.

It's a clear violation of Terms that were already accepted and I'm with romsitsa on this.

Finally, it's not our game to decide what to do. WG owns the game and allows us to play it. It's up to them how to deal with malicious behaviour as such.

Honestly, if I were WG, I'd do the same thing

Let the rerolling begin

Certified member of the "Save the Littlepard" Foundation

Rest In Peace Edurace. You will not be forgotten

sk8xtrm #51 Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 50001 battles
  • [VG]

Ok here is my thoughts on the matter, WG are pretty switched on and know what they are doing. To date there have been bugs/glitches which have caused a hindrance to ourselves as players and also made us loose credits and waste premium time. This blew over and we all just got on with it taking it on the chin that we lost premium time, credits etc, we received no compensation for this and we did not complain (much and only a handle full of players) about this we just got on with it and proceeded to enjoy the game. I see this as no different the other way around, those who made tens of millions of credit I would imagine would have them removed.

Reality is glitches and bugs do happen regardless of how much testing there is...that's precisely why they are called glitches and bugs. I am pretty sure the Dev team are doing their utmost to test everything but there is only so much testing one group of people can do...hence these bugs come about.

There are many rumors about bans but I am yet to see any evidence, even when I rummage around the Russian server I cannot see any reference to people actually receiving bans except rumor again, if anyone can provide me with evidence of this I would be interested to see it.

Also in regards to the terms and conditions/fine print etc, I respect them but when I started playing the game did I read them....of course I didn't, If I am purchasing a house, car or signing a work contract then yes I read all the fine print, when I download the game I did it to relax and play a game not get worried about contracts, obligations etc. I came here to blow stuff up not read fine print so if anyone is saying it is against T&C's I am pretty sure they did not read it until there is mention of some form of breach of it!

Finally WG have not issued any official comment yet...has anyone thought watching a huge chunk of the player base panic, sweat and stress there pants off so much about being banned is punishment in itself! :trollface:

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrm

Just_merpug #52 Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58152 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsk8xtrm, on 08 June 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

Ok here is my thoughts on the matter, WG are pretty switched on and know what they are doing. To date there have been bugs/glitches which have caused a hindrance to ourselves as players and also made us loose credits and waste premium time. This blew over and we all just got on with it taking it on the chin that we lost premium time, credits etc, we received no compensation for this and we did not complain (much and only a handle full of players) about this we just got on with it and proceeded to enjoy the game. I see this as no different the other way around, those who made tens of millions of credit I would imagine would have them removed.

Reality is glitches and bugs do happen regardless of how much testing there is...that's precisely why they are called glitches and bugs. I am pretty sure the Dev team are doing their utmost to test everything but there is only so much testing one group of people can do...hence these bugs come about.

There are many rumors about bans but I am yet to see any evidence, even when I rummage around the Russian server I cannot see any reference to people actually receiving bans except rumor again, if anyone can provide me with evidence of this I would be interested to see it.

Also in regards to the terms and conditions/fine print etc, I respect them but when I started playing the game did I read them....of course I didn't, If I am purchasing a house, car or signing a work contract then yes I read all the fine print, when I download the game I did it to relax and play a game not get worried about contracts, obligations etc. I came here to blow stuff up not read fine print so if anyone is saying it is against T&C's I am pretty sure they did not read it until there is mention of some form of breach of it!

Finally WG have not issued any official comment yet...has anyone thought watching a huge chunk of the player base panic, sweat and stress there pants off so much about being banned is punishment in itself! :trollface:

Indeed. All queuing outside the Headmaster's study because they got hold of the exam papers and shared them with their mates. The old bugger is making them sweat, as he always does...

If only they'd handed them in, (or let the whole school know the answers) there wouldn't be a problem. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Kagemusha67 #53 Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22124 battles
All I can say in response to sk8xtrm is caveat emptor. You agreed to the EULA. Whether or not you bothered to read it is your responsibility, not WG's. If they then say you're in breach of contract (it is a contract, BTW), then ignorance is no defence. 'Always read the small print' has become a cliché for a reason. But having said that, most people understand that just about all proprietary software (as well as digital media) is owned by the creator/publisher and is simply loaned/rented/hired by the end user. It might not be ideal to have most of your leisure apps and business tools owned by someone else, but we all accept that reality and live with the consequences. It's a devil's bargain, and the devil can collect, especially if you make him lose money!

Edited by Kagemusha67, 08 June 2016 - 02:53 PM.

*WARNING! This vehicle is de-noobing!* *WARNING! This vehicle is de-noobing!* *WARNING! This vehicle is de-noobing!*

AFK Deputy Leader in charge of tea and biscuits. Now owner of HMS Insipid (currently in dry dock). Link to my stats: http://stats-sig.eu/...ha67/eu/sig.png

Raiken #54 Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48364 battles
  • [VG]

Basicly what sk8 said...

Plus

It's ridiculous To complain about pro And contra exploiting The Game As WG haven't stated anything yet but they're investigating.

as for me... I tested it twice on sunday... And decided not To go on As for eula etc.

i also think there is no need To ban someone... Well First i thought ban, but if u think about it, it's just enough To remove The amount on credits greedy users have gotten by exploiting.

let me explain why... Most ppl already bought some shiny new tanks with Their  "Earned" And so called "deserved" silver. If u take The amount of credits their wallet will get negative way apart of The shiny 0... So with Common tank selling mechanics they Need To sell their Tanks (for The half price they bought it)/Ammo whatever Or buy credits by Gold To get their played Tanks repaired for playing again.

just Imagine someone greedy got 100mill with exploiting... U can Be Sure He/she needs To sell Most of his/her Tanks To get The Game playable again Or just spend some Money To convert gold into silver.

the pro therefor would Be non cheating Parts of The community could Be satisfied for greedies loosing what they havent earned AND WG Prolly sells some Gold At those who r trying To get off The red numbers on their wallet.

just My 2 cents And hopefully See Ya all on The Battlefield u greedy cheaters :P

Edited by Raiken, 08 June 2016 - 02:57 PM.

it's never to late/early to wish ya all a...

Kagemusha67 #55 Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22124 battles

View PostEDURACE, on 08 June 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

It's evil! I like that lol

It's OK, but it doesn't send the same message to other potential abusers that "OMG I haz a ban" does.

Just_merpug #56 Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58152 battles
  • [AFK]
With a ban, you'd just reroll or go away. With a repayment, you've got the option to rebuild - and, after all, with the previous glitch, where unwarranted charges were made for training room use, WG refunded those

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

romsitsa #57 Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

View Postsk8xtrm, on 08 June 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

A ban also shouldn't made public according to the EULA. Some WoT PC players were banned for critisising bans.

Not reading the paperwork before signing a contract is everyones personal decision.

A

Edited by romsitsa, 08 June 2016 - 03:20 PM.

MrConway #58 Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• EU Community
  • 296 battles
  • [CIRC]

View PostHughDomfok, on 07 June 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

6 months?! what, did you murder somebody?

I think they would give them a week ban, if any. It's not like the exploit gave you any premium resources.

...or they could revert the state of server to a few week back, and **** it up for everybody.

Since I see a lot of confusion here let me just explain where things stand in terms of the EU server at the moment. I cannot comment regarding any possible bans given on other clusters.

What we are currently doing is determining who accidentally gained credits from this bug and who intentionally exploited the bug to gain credits.

We have not yet decided how we will proceed in regards to the people who intentionally exploited the bug, but I recommend not spending any of the credits gained. Players that unintentionally gained credits, do not have to be worried.

We will have more information for you in the next few days.

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

sk8xtrm #59 Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 50001 battles
  • [VG]

View PostKagemusha67, on 08 June 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

All I can say in response to sk8xtrm is caveat emptor. You agreed to the EULA. Whether or not you bothered to read it is your responsibility, not WG's. If they then say you're in breach of contract (it is a contract, BTW), then ignorance is no defence. 'Always read the small print' has become a cliché for a reason. But having said that, most people understand that just about all proprietary software (as well as digital media) is owned by the creator/publisher and is simply loaned/rented/hired by the end user. It might not be ideal to have most of your leisure apps and business tools owned by someone else, but we all accept that reality and live with the consequences. It's a devil's bargain, and the devil can collect, especially if you make him lose money!

I do not dispute what your saying at all my friend! I never said that its WG responsibility I am simply mentioning that as a game people don't really check out terms and conditions as...well its a game to have fun not stress about and no ignorance is no defense in law. I work in law and know all to well the consequences of people not reading T&C's but yet when it comes to gaming its not something people really look at.

I think you may have missed the point I was trying to get at, why are people trying to come at this from a legal stand point when WG have not yet?

Based on T&C's, WG can state players are in breach on contract etc and as a result ban as they please, that is not in dispute. From a legal stand point people could argue the tanks "Digital content" are not fit for purpose any more due to WG's admitted ping issues and contact card companies do to charge backs etc. Now in my opinion this is also wrong but card companies usually side with the client 90% if there is no signed terms and conditions regardless if we ticked or progressed with a service. 

All of the above paragraph is completely wrong and bananas in my book and its seems so excessive to me both ways around from our perspective and WG perspective, I think more rational needs to be applied here. what I am saying iin short people need to stop witch hunting, pointing the finger and raging on the forum to get other players banned, WG will do as they see fit regardless of what we think here. The last thread on this topic became proper toxic and was closed for a reason. People just need to chill out about this topic, what will be will be.

caveat emptor - Buyer beware! could not agree more.lol

sk8xtrm #60 Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 50001 battles
  • [VG]

View PostRaiken, on 08 June 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Basicly what sk8 said...

Plus

It's ridiculous To complain about pro And contra exploiting The Game As WG haven't stated anything yet but they're investigating.

as for me... I tested it twice on sunday... And decided not To go on As for eula etc.

i also think there is no need To ban someone... Well First i thought ban, but if u think about it, it's just enough To remove The amount on credits greedy users have gotten by exploiting.

let me explain why... Most ppl already bought some shiny new tanks with Their  "Earned" And so called "deserved" silver. If u take The amount of credits their wallet will get negative way apart of The shiny 0... So with Common tank selling mechanics they Need To sell their Tanks (for The half price they bought it)/Ammo whatever Or buy credits by Gold To get their played Tanks repaired for playing again.

just Imagine someone greedy got 100mill with exploiting... U can Be Sure He/she needs To sell Most of his/her Tanks To get The Game playable again Or just spend some Money To convert gold into silver.

the pro therefor would Be non cheating Parts of The community could Be satisfied for greedies loosing what they havent earned AND WG Prolly sells some Gold At those who r trying To get off The red numbers on their wallet.

just My 2 cents And hopefully See Ya all on The Battlefield u greedy cheaters :P

This is funny, I think it is fair to say those who exploited it for a few mill could recover after a long grinds and selling selling selling , those who did it for 100 mill + may not ever be able to recover an account. it works nicely :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users