Noobs Invasion

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Florian_Guyer #21 Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 51732 battles
  • [3LR]
Find a rock, any rock and spend the next 5 minutes hugging it!

The Reality of Fighting in AFVs.  

'The 75mm gun is firing, the 37mm gun is firing but it is traversed round the wrong way.The Browning is jammed, I am saying 'Driver Advance' on the A set and the driver, who cant hear me is reversing, and as I look over the top of the turret and see twelve enemy tanks fifty yards away, someone hands me a cheese sandwich'. 

British Tank Commander, Western Desert 1942

Imposter10 #22 Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28424 battles

View PostEvil_B, on 08 October 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Just wondering, guys and girls, if any of you skilled players can remember how skilled you were after 500 games? Or how frustrating and dis-heartening it was to be shouted at because you weren't doing the correct thing when all you wanted to do was play the game and try to improve!

Just because you believe us noobs are spoiling your game, no player has the right  to stop us enjoying ours...we are trying to improve it's just going to take time :)

Just keep out of the way and find your own spot would be a starter!. Hate it when someone stands behind so you cant move after fired some rounds.

Macromedia #23 Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9171 battles
  • [AFK]
I was a noob once myself. I rushed to Tier IX by buying the M46 Patton and immediately realized I was nothing in comparison to all the professional players in that tier. Frustration battle after battle, getting killed constantly. I even upgraded my Patton with gold! And then I made a lot of loss so I sold the Patton. I always wonder how tier IX and X players play the game. However, thanks to Edurace, Kong and many other AFK/IRMA and other professional tankers I could upgrade myself and reach 50% WR and feel satisfied. It doesn't matter what line you pick. Just support your team and try and learn from other players who do well and have 50% and above WR. And you'll be better in no time! It took me approximately 6 months to raise my WR from 46% to 50% and I don't struggle as much anymore. (Even though I am trying to get the Helsing H0).

VADERTURM MODE 4EVER!!

ALSO MEMBER OF [IRMA].

Fury_733 #24 Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles

View PostRehan_Tanker, on 11 October 2016 - 01:59 AM, said:

I was a noob once myself. I rushed to Tier IX by buying the M46 Patton and immediately realized I was nothing in comparison to all the professional players in that tier. Frustration battle after battle, getting killed constantly. I even upgraded my Patton with gold! And then I made a lot of loss so I sold the Patton. I always wonder how tier IX and X players play the game. However, thanks to Edurace, Kong and many other AFK/IRMA and other professional tankers I could upgrade myself and reach 50% WR and feel satisfied. It doesn't matter what line you pick. Just support your team and try and learn from other players who do well and have 50% and above WR. And you'll be better in no time! It took me approximately 6 months to raise my WR from 46% to 50% and I don't struggle as much anymore. (Even though I am trying to get the Helsing H0).

I was even worse.

Back in the day when I wanted the IS 7 so badly, I rushed so hard towards this line (Only).

When I reached up to the IS 3, I sold all of my tanks and spent it all on this tank. And all I ended up in my garage is one tank with only 2000 credits.

I once again thank Empros, who helped my self get my WR from 45 to 51.

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

okorru #25 Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22647 battles
  • [MEJI]

View PostFury_733, on 10 October 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

I was even worse.

When I reached up to the IS 3, I sold all of my tanks and spent it all on this tank. And all I ended up in my garage is one tank with only 2000 credits.

I once again thank Empros, who helped my self get my WR from 45 to 51.

:teethhappy:

I did the same. Eventually I found myself with only the KV1-S in my garage and loosing credits in each battle:(

And of course my WR dropped like a stone in water.

Have patience with us and don't shout too much! And try to give good advices;)

I'm still a noob trying to denoob myself....

_Ripper4you_ #26 Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 61963 battles
  • [EG-]
take a break easy af

Evil_B #27 Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1850 battles

View PostImposter10, on 10 October 2016 - 02:39 PM, said:

Just keep out of the way and find your own spot would be a starter!. Hate it when someone stands behind so you cant move after fired some rounds.

Sorry mate, staying out the way is not really an option, i prefere to fight with my team!! and blocking someone, thats just plain stupid!! Why on earth would i want to block a team mate and run the risk of them getting killed? 

Fury_733 #28 Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles

View PostEvil_B, on 12 October 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

Sorry mate, staying out the way is not really an option, i prefere to fight with my team!! and blocking someone, thats just plain stupid!! Why on earth would i want to block a team mate and run the risk of them getting killed? 

Image result for Alfred meme some people just likes to watch the world burn

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

Alpha_Predator_69 #29 Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1793 battles
  • [-J7-]

View PostRosehip_come_back, on 30 August 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

Hi guys. I'm a newcomer to the game and to the forums, so forgive me for starting with a rant. I originally joined the game to collect iconic tanks of WW2, so I rushed to Tier V pretty quickly to get the Hetzer, StuG 3 and T34. I didn't think much of win rate or even survival. I rushed in, without provisions and sometimes not consuming consumables when I should have, dealt as much damage as I could just to not get negative income, then leave and switch tanks. 

Obviously I've been called noob more times than I can remember. Funnily enough though, often by older players with even lower WR than myself. But I have met real pro veterans, with the stats to back them up, who were actually helpful and guided the team to victory without soloing 7 enemies all by themselves as they probably could have done. Players of this type probably make up less than 1% of the population. But they are the ones who inspire people like myself to learn to play better. They recommended YouTube channels like Bushka's, Martin Dogger's etc, they talked to you after the game, told you what you did wrong or right and answered questions. 

I guess what I want to say is, new players make mistakes and calling them noob or idiot is not telling them anything new. To combat the noob invasion and make WoTB great again, I implore to the veterans, pros, and elites, display the attitude that you expect of a good and respectable player and lead by example.

OK. Rant over. *Takes cover from HATE shells*:hiding:

Furthest from a rant I've seen in forums! And actually very helpful, well said, and kindly laid out. I approve this message!

;):);):)

Precariat #30 Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

I'm going to try and take some positives from this thread, the "problem" been going on for quite awhile and I can't see that changing. Part of it is just down to human nature.

Yesterday seemed particularly bad* with players trying to push me out of cover while shooting at me,  because it was obviously their piece of cover right? Not much to be done about some folks having a single player approach in a team game, seems worse during events? I don't know as this is the first full event I have played during. When it gets too frustrating (i.e. not fun), I go do something else for awhile

There's a thread here about being called a noob, tldr just ignore it unless they got something constructive to say otherwise it's just abuse and there's an ignore option for that.

WG make their money from those who pay to progress so less skilled players are going to be at those higher tiers because they want those iconic tanks too ...and they want them now. Probably a better idea to collect the tanks as model kits at least you will have something to show for it.

Getting too focused on stats, especially WR seems a recipe for frustration for many so probably not a good idea, the only solution would be pre-made groups to fight each other. I thought that was what clans would be about. I think mechwarrior online does something like this but I don't know how the active user base compares so might not be viable for Blitz.

*I also seemed to just not play well although my stats actually went up slightly

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

elzbing #31 Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15396 battles

View PostRosehip_come_back, on 30 August 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hi guys. I'm a newcomer to the game and to the forums, so forgive me for starting with a rant. I originally joined the game to collect iconic tanks of WW2, so I rushed to Tier V pretty quickly to get the Hetzer, StuG 3 and T34. I didn't think much of win rate or even survival. I rushed in, without provisions and sometimes not consuming consumables when I should have, dealt as much damage as I could just to not get negative income, then leave and switch tanks. 

Obviously I've been called noob more times than I can remember. Funnily enough though, often by older players with even lower WR than myself. But I have met real pro veterans, with the stats to back them up, who were actually helpful and guided the team to victory without soloing 7 enemies all by themselves as they probably could have done. Players of this type probably make up less than 1% of the population. But they are the ones who inspire people like myself to learn to play better. They recommended YouTube channels like Bushka's, Martin Dogger's etc, they talked to you after the game, told you what you did wrong or right and answered questions. 

I guess what I want to say is, new players make mistakes and calling them noob or idiot is not telling them anything new. To combat the noob invasion and make WoTB great again, I implore to the veterans, pros, and elites, display the attitude that you expect of a good and respectable player and lead by example.

OK. Rant over. *Takes cover from HATE shells*:hiding:

+1

Deadly_Tank_Girl #32 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 496 battles
  • [-J7-]

View PostFury_733, on 27 June 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Alright so as we all know, the noobs have over numbered as since late 2014 till now and are still growing rapidly.

The noobs have rushed all the way to Tier X in less than few months and now Tier 10 is one out of 80 chance to get a skilled player.

So I thought maybe we should get a day every week where every body that actually wants to play this game to come at the same time and get on battle?

Any better ideas?

It's a constant continuance. Either adapt, or don't play. Not meant mean, but come on really?

Fury_733 #33 Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5462 battles

View PostDeadly_Tank_Girl, on 07 April 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

It's a constant continuance. Either adapt, or don't play. Not meant mean, but come on really?

You will soon know what it feels like

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users