• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

_Red_Shirt_ #61 Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48040 battles
  • [DWEBS]

View PostHitTheNorth, on 21 February 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

It interests me to see the words people use out there. Of course noob, idiot, various spelt profanities etc. The word I like to hear is Moron, it seems to be used quite frequently. I dont hear it in everyday life anymore. It takes me back to the UK in the 1980's, when you never used the 'F' word (seriously top shelf vocabulary, and only used by the big boys at school).

This has got me interested in why people are using it in game. Is Moron more offensive in different geographies outside of the UK? Is it now retro to use it again (and therefore I need to get my bell bottom jeans out again). Why why why?

Easily answered... apparently it's not in the censor list so It can be typed freely. "Numpty" seemed to have passed below the radar too. Personally I like "pea brain".

HitTheNorth #62 Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Post_Red_Shirt_, on 25 February 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Easily answered... apparently it's not in the censor list so It can be typed freely. "Numpty" seemed to have passed below the radar too. Personally I like "pea brain".

I'd love it if the teams advanced their language skills to the higher echelons of 'numpty', 'pea brain' or even more artistic methods of dealing out a profanity! 
520185736.png

MarsIsBrightTonight #63 Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38442 battles
  • [OBB]

"Your brain wouldnt feed a zombie ant".

HitTheNorth #64 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
TBH thats what most people say to me in the battle field
520185736.png

Precariat #65 Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Is my chat broken? I don't see a lot of ranting. Only time anyone said noobs was when at the start they said "go win noobs" which we did.

Of course I am only playing tier I so when does the ranting start? I don't see any chat while I'm in the garage either. I know they made some changes, the last patch?

As an actual noob I feel I'm being left out.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

llo1 #66 Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32144 battles
  • [1RTR]

Please be aware that being a new starter is NOT being a noob.

You are a "newbie" and as such simply means you are still learning.

A "noob" is the other end of the spectrum, someone who plays/has played lots of games and does not want to learn how to play/ improve or be a benefit to the team!

Edited by llo1, 22 March 2017 - 06:12 AM.

Precariat #67 Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postllo1, on 22 March 2017 - 06:11 AM, said:

Please be aware that being a new starter is NOT being a noob.

You are a "newbie" and as such simply means you are still learning.

A "noob" is the other end of the spectrum, someone who plays/has played lots of games and does not want to learn how to play/ improve or be a benefit to the team!

Yes I take your point. But it's unlikely someone will know this until after the battle finishes so it just seems to be a form of venting because things didn't go well and of course it's always easier to blame everyone else rather than think you could have done things better. I usually think poorly of my team mates after I get killed but I stay and watch and end up realising I probably made bad choices or just had some bad luck on occasion. There is a lot to consider during a battle; the minimap, how many of the enemy are accounted for, where are the team grouped etc. I certainly have done some noob things, yoloing amongst them, then again I have played more cautiously only for my team to steamroll the opposition in a few minutes with my impact having been negligible.

I am new so my opinion isn't probably worth much but it might be some folks are way too hung up on win rate etc. Me, I just go to the next battle and try to learn from what happened in the last one. Sometimes I get into a loosing streak and cannot figure out why, then suddenly I am winning again and doing good damage etc. Is it just plain luck? The enemy just happened to go to the wrong place at the wrong time etc.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Just_merpug #68 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58152 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 22 March 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Yes I take your point. But it's unlikely someone will know this until after the battle finishes so it just seems to be a form of venting because things didn't go well and of course it's always easier to blame everyone else rather than think you could have done things better. I usually think poorly of my team mates after I get killed but I stay and watch and end up realising I probably made bad choices or just had some bad luck on occasion. There is a lot to consider during a battle; the minimap, how many of the enemy are accounted for, where are the team grouped etc. I certainly have done some noob things, yoloing amongst them, then again I have played more cautiously only for my team to steamroll the opposition in a few minutes with my impact having been negligible.

I am new so my opinion isn't probably worth much but it might be some folks are way too hung up on win rate etc. Me, I just go to the next battle and try to learn from what happened in the last one. Sometimes I get into a loosing streak and cannot figure out why, then suddenly I am winning again and doing good damage etc. Is it just plain luck? The enemy just happened to go to the wrong place at the wrong time etc.

The Tier I tanks are a microcosm of the game. Like Bohr's model of the atom (electrons going round the nucleus like planets), that's a lie, but it's​a useful one. 

Play each of them until you keep winning in it. Learn its strengths and weaknesses, and you're going to also learn the maps, cover, hull down, aiming, yadayada. Sadly, there are few videos about starting the game, as most people just want to flaunt their golden Ms at you, and tiers I and II aren't interesting in that respect. 

I started doing this last summer, biting the bullet of have played high tier tanks badly for too long, and it was fun, in the end. Frustrating while you're getting your head around the tank, but it clicks and you keep winning, then move on. 

Enjoy

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Precariat #69 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 March 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

The Tier I tanks are a microcosm of the game. Like Bohr's model of the atom (electrons going round the nucleus like planets), that's a lie, but it's​a useful one. 

Play each of them until you keep winning in it. Learn its strengths and weaknesses, and you're going to also learn the maps, cover, hull down, aiming, yadayada. Sadly, there are few videos about starting the game, as most people just want to flaunt their golden Ms at you, and tiers I and II aren't interesting in that respect. 

I started doing this last summer, biting the bullet of have played high tier tanks badly for too long, and it was fun, in the end. Frustrating while you're getting your head around the tank, but it clicks and you keep winning, then move on. 

Enjoy

Can I have a brag moment? Got my first ever golden M with the Medium I

I kept mobile even though it's so slow, moving from 1 flank to the other as the enemy tried flanking us. Got 6 kills, might have have got 7 but decided to cap the base for a safe win and more love for the team. It felt like cheating even with standard AP rounds. The gun on that tank is a monster (horrible reload rate though), I drive it like a TD. Shoot and scoot (well more of an amble) style.

I will now go and have a game where I get killed in the first minute.

I'm struggling with the Otsu though, I enjoy it but my Win8 on it keeps going down.

PS I also got my first like on the forums :great:

Edited by Precariat, 22 March 2017 - 10:53 AM.

Just_merpug #70 Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58152 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 22 March 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

Can I have a brag moment? Got my first ever golden M with the Medium I

I kept mobile even though it's so slow, moving from 1 flank to the other as the enemy tried flanking us. Got 6 kills, might have have got 7 but decided to cap the base for a safe win and more love for the team. It felt like cheating even with standard AP rounds. The gun on that tank is a monster (horrible reload rate though), I drive it like a TD. Shoot and scoot (well more of an amble) style.

I will now go and have a game where I get killed in the first minute.

I'm struggling with the Otsu though, I enjoy it but my Win8 on it keeps going down.

PS I also got my first like on the forums :great:

Medium I is indeed fun. Huge congratulations on your first Ace, and on what would be a Pool's medal in higher tiers where, in theory, there are better players. Renault Otsu will be, it's just a bit different. Also, as fewer people play Japanese than the other lines, it's easier to get a ranking... 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Precariat #71 Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 March 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Medium I is indeed fun. Huge congratulations on your first Ace, and on what would be a Pool's medal in higher tiers where, in theory, there are better players. Renault Otsu will be, it's just a bit different. Also, as fewer people play Japanese than the other lines, it's easier to get a ranking... 

It was a horror at first, typical noob didn't look at the stats just figured it must be heavier armored because it was so slow. So I dumped it until yesterday and then thought hell let's equip it as a TD (i.e. camo and binoculars) and I have had some really fun games in it. The way it destroys health bars.

Anyway it's gone green now (win8 = 962). I didn't ace it just got the gold mastery thingy, probably would have needed that last kill to ace it ...oh well.

Moved on to my tier II's now. Of course I get a lot of tier III battles as a result.

Just_merpug #72 Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58152 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 22 March 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

It was a horror at first, typical noob didn't look at the stats just figured it must be heavier armored because it was so slow. So I dumped it until yesterday and then thought hell let's equip it as a TD (i.e. camo and binoculars) and I have had some really fun games in it. The way it destroys health bars.

Anyway it's gone green now (win8 = 962). I didn't ace it just got the gold mastery thingy, probably would have needed that last kill to ace it ...oh well.

Moved on to my tier II's now. Of course I get a lot of tier III battles as a result.

If it's a golden M, that's an ace - look here:

http://www.blitzstar...er/eu/precariat

elzbing #73 Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15396 battles
Called a noob? Yesterday I was told the following:

Them: I hope your mother dies
Me: too late buddy

It went on, and granted me the special treatment of an after battle chat visit with some more pleasantries!

Edited by elzbing, 28 March 2017 - 07:43 AM.

MarsIsBrightTonight #74 Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38442 battles
  • [OBB]

View Postelzbing, on 28 March 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

It went on, and granted me the special treatment of an after battle chat visit with some more pleasantries!

Yeah, there are some right sons of :harp: around. It's really creepy when they hit close to home.

I had a guy following me to garage, ultimately telling me to "get cancer". Bit late for that too, as I've been NED since 2004.

I wanted to have a few words with his clan commander, but I found out to my horror that he was the clan commander... what a wretched specimen.

Edited by MarsIsBrightTonight, 29 March 2017 - 12:04 AM.

x_SARAH_x #75 Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 50312 battles
  • [PUNEX]

View PostMarsIsBrightTonight, on 29 March 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Yeah, there are some right sons of :harp: around. It's really creepy when they hit close to home.

I had a guy following me to garage, ultimately telling me to "get cancer". Bit late for that too, as I've been NED since 2004.

I wanted to have a few words with his clan commander, but I found out to my horror that he was the clan commander... what a wretched specimen.

Yeah I can relate people always messaging after game taking the time out just to wish harsh things the folk need t give there head a shake 

elzbing #76 Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15396 battles
I have some really colourful ones in my chat log. Never bothered to report, though. Sometimes i take the time to respond, and have even gotten some really funny interactions. I'll post a screenshot​ in a bit.

Edited by elzbing, 29 March 2017 - 10:18 AM.

elzbing #77 Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15396 battles

I'm the blue chat bubbles.

I just couldn't leave the little fella in that mood.

Heart warming!

Precariat #78 Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]
There is probably a correlation between how important a person holds WR and such behaviour. Not just in blitz either.

Deadly_Tank_Girl #79 Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 496 battles
  • [-J7-]

View PostNoob_Tank_C0mmander, on 24 September 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

Lol i got told to play with barbie and ken dolls yesterday. *Slides ken doll underneath sofa discreetly

Are you the same noob commander from B-B-B clan?

philholt101b #80 Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5204 battles
  • [ALBA]

View Postelzbing, on 28 March 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

I had something similar a while back. Guy in a Cromwell shouted all left all the heavies went right and all but him followed us. He was screaming noob all game picking me out in general lol. U til he died that is. We won with just him dead. After game he started in pvt message with I'm gonna Fck you mother (nice guy lol) he didn't understand the you'll need a shovel to dig her up first then. Shut the prat right up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users