Get called a noob? Laugh it off

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Sporran_EAFGF #41 Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3438 battles
  • [TARTS]

I was going to list types of noobcallers, then i thought for a second, and this came to me.

This is an online game played on phones, tablets, pcs and macs. Its the simplified version of the PC game "World of Tanks". Its not important in any significant way, if your a great player, great, if your not, no shame to you. The toxicity of the playerbase is common in all WG titles, PC WoT, Blitz, World of Warships etc.

Being good at blitz is the equivalent of sitting at the "cool" table at the remedial school, yes, your at the cool table, but hey, your still in the remedial school.

So play your games, enjoy them as you can and laugh as much as you can at those who take it overly seriously.

Edited by Sporran_EAFGF, 29 October 2016 - 02:08 PM.

RollingSwarm #42 Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48814 battles
  • [MON1K]

I do enjoy when someone pulls the "you're a noob" card on me in game.

Follow up discussion in private chat after the game is generally rather amusing.

Somewhere between Rage & Serenity'

HughDomfok #43 Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27959 battles
  • [VG]

View PostRedicide, on 30 October 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

I do enjoy when someone pulls the "you're a noob" card on me in game.

U may have noticed, that nowadays there's a flood of 40-precenters who consider themselves "reasonably good" players.

superturbospecial #44 Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
Got to love those "pros" that runs off alone in the opposite direction of the rest of the team, meets the entire red team, dies and then spends the rest of the game spamming "Noobs", "idiots", "I said help" etc, despite that our team is winning.
Bläääää.....

tridentas #45 Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15280 battles
  • [VG]

So after an 80%wr start to my t29, I lose 3 on the bounce, ghost shots, bad play, call it what you will, I then receive messages from a guy with 33k battles deriding my status in VG as I have 1000 games at tier 2. "Be a man, play tier X" he snorts. Sadly for this 'statistician' he failed to see that his own tier X performance was anything less than exemplary, distinctly average in fact. He finally ran away after I pointed out that I play for my own reasons, and my two tier 9 tanks he failed to spot my stats were better than his, higher wr, better average damage, xp and so on..... Moral of the story, keep your opinions to yourself and even after a game, those that tend to chuck insults around are not the kind of players worth bothering with. If you are reading this cupcake, mwah!

In peacetime, sons bury their fathers, in War, fathers bury their sons

Broadsword_ #46 Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37351 battles
  • [1RTR_]

17k games in, I now accept being called a Noob a badge of honour. Especially when I prove them wrong by beating my accuser on damage and kill's

When you start this game you are called a Noob

When you improve you call others a Noob

When you are good you call no one a Noob

Cheers

Broadsword

In war it is the man that counts, and not only the machine. A good tank is useless unless the team inside it are well trained, and the men in the team have stout hearts and enthusiasm for the fight. Montgomery Nov 1944

_NormanP_ #47 Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31147 battles
  • [ALBA]

I have a massive battle count, the majority of which were played in complete noobdom.

i, like a lot of players, have noob days. I have been subjected to noob teams.

I'm below average but, when I get it right I'm ok. Not brilliant, but ok.

I love seeing the yolo tankers calling everyone else a noob. The best is when you get the t0553r who calls everyone a noob when the team win 7-1.

Im rambling on here so I will get back to enjoying my game, that's what it is (not real life).

Peace out fellow tankers! :)

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

Everyone started out as a Noob, just taking me longer to grow up :)

tridentas #48 Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15280 battles
  • [VG]

View PostBroadsword_, on 03 November 2016 - 09:57 

When you start this game you are called a Noob

When you improve you call others a Noob

When you are good you call no one a Noob

^^ this 

have a +1 :)

In peacetime, sons bury their fathers, in War, fathers bury their sons

Funkestein #49 Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11581 battles
  • [VG]

I give  never  any comment in the game.

I just let them go

That make them more angry (Lol)

Just relax guys/girls

Just smoke Dutch Weed

Relax guys

Ungluff #50 Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41044 battles
  • [ON]

I've been called a noob lots of times. Mostly for not following the player who is calling us all noobs.

If they get nasty I just tell them to check my stasts.

And I will admit to calling others noobs on a few occasions if they play like one.

CptRon1 #51 Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6259 battles
  • [-BTD-]
Internet typed criticism. Never replied. Reviewed the after game team page. Remembered the name who typed the un supportive word. Enjoyed destroying the one a few games later :teethhappy:   

Edited by CptRon1, 12 November 2016 - 04:01 PM.

Moaningmunchie #52 Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13441 battles
  • [JPH]
I find that those shouting it the loudest are those who score the lowest, in other words, its other peoples fault when they get taken out, never their own.  You can use all the tactics and learned experience you want, fact is you are never going to win all the time.  Be honest I enjoy winning, but losing after a cracking scrap is just as much fun, sometimes better.

GC280 #53 Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15948 battles
  • [221B]

I have always found it very amusing to just say "lol" whenever they say something unpleasant as invariably it makes them angrier.

Favourite Tanks - Bromwell, Jagdtiger, Jpanther II

kamose1 #54 Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17714 battles

View PostMoaningmunchie, on 19 February 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

I find that those shouting it the loudest are those who score the lowest, in other words, its other peoples fault when they get taken out, never their own.  You can use all the tactics and learned experience you want, fact is you are never going to win all the time.  Be honest I enjoy winning, but losing after a cracking scrap is just as much fun, sometimes better.

I've found that players whose are called noobs they are.They usually have the worst wr. They usually don't know how to play. They usually fail most shoots.

Nitromo_GGE #55 Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22519 battles

i hate the word noob so we do sometimes this and they go wrong way etc ore our tank is out some modules just because we lose not mean we are a noob people should not say it and i hate it wen some tell 25 times in a battle they are probably kids more over look a player statistics before you say noob

both that is my opinion 

MarsIsBrightTonight #56 Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38358 battles
  • [OBB]

In post-battle chat a player berated me, calling me a "learn resistant noob" for not going where he wanted. Wondering whether he might have a point, i checked his stats and they were on a par with mine, so i was about to offer my apologies... then I noticed his/her >5K Tier III battles... and I was left "to ponder in silence the depths a git would sink in order to get winrate"...

Maho_Umarekawatta #57 Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13832 battles

Play the TOG 2* before the game has even loaded get called a TOG noob get best in damage and kill and watch as you abusers go silent. Happened so many times every time I get called noob I just press affirmative and keep playing. I am sub par with 45 percent winrate but it dosn't give a 50 percent winrate person authority to abuse you because you didn't die before them so they can get good damage.

​I hate players in heavy tanks with 50-60 percent winrate who rely on kill steals and waits for tanks to be weakened and kill them. In my experience they hide wait till everyone is dead and they call everyone noobs and die XD.

:sceptic:

_NormanP_ #58 Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31147 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostGC280, on 19 February 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

I have always found it very amusing to just say "lol" whenever they say something unpleasant as invariably it makes them angrier.

or just reply "affirmative"

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

_NormanP_ #59 Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31147 battles
  • [ALBA]

The phrase noob I believe originates from the word newbie.

When we start out we are all in fact noobs.

Some grow out of it, some don't .

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

HitTheNorth #60 Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

It interests me to see the words people use out there. Of course noob, idiot, various spelt profanities etc. The word I like to hear is Moron, it seems to be used quite frequently. I dont hear it in everyday life anymore. It takes me back to the UK in the 1980's, when you never used the 'F' word (seriously top shelf vocabulary, and only used by the big boys at school).

This has got me interested in why people are using it in game. Is Moron more offensive in different geographies outside of the UK? Is it now retro to use it again (and therefore I need to get my bell bottom jeans out again). Why why why?

520185736.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users