Base capture points

suggestion base capture

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GoodFood92 #1 Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7132 battles

From my experience, base capturing is pretty much useless feature. It is rare when a battle ends with a base capture. If, for example, one team has 3 heavy tanks left alive and the other team has some lights and/or meds, then heavies are going to capture the base because they cannot waste time running for the tanks that are obviously faster. However, they are probably wont be able to capture because these lights and meds are going to shoot at the tracks, so even if heavies hide away all their ''weak'' parts, the game is going to end as draw.

What I suggest, is to change the way capturing points work. Let the damage caused to the tank reduce capturing points by the relative percentage of the health points reduction, in other words, if a 2000HP tank capturing base and receives a damage shot for 400HP, then the base capturing points are going to reduce by 20% (as 400 is 20% of 2000).

If there is a number of vehicles capturing, then the damage caused to one of them will reduce base capturing points by the relative reduction of their total health points. So, if 2 tanks, both 2000HP capturing base, then a shot of 400HP at one of them will reduce the base capturing points by 10%.

Critical damage of tracks won't reduce capturing points.

Overall, looking at this mechanic we see that as long as a tank capturing base alive, his capturing points won't get to zero, which is fare in my opinion. Also, heavy and well armored tanks such as T95 or Maus would have much more chances of winning when all or majority of team mates are dead, as well as, in some situation they could be more useful to the team. So, if T95 is capturing the base, there is nothing an opposite team can do, unless critically damage the tracks and go behind it to finish. 

This is just suggestion, I am certainly wrong somewhere, but I want to know who is in favour of these sort of changes? 

Dassem_ #2 Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29284 battles
  • [AFK]

I think this would make capping the base too easy. Wich would lead to a lot of people trying to do it, which would mean all matches would be a cap zone brawl...

The way it is now, cap is a very useful tool. Mainly, it can be used to flush out people hiding in the end, sometimes you can even use it to secure victory if the surviving red doesnt want battle. Used earlier in the game, it can force the reds to change their plans, or to split them and so make them give up their numerical superiority at a chokepoint. A nice tool.

Check out The Dassem Channel

GoodFood92 #3 Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7132 battles

View PostDassem_Ultor_, on 13 July 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

I think this would make capping the base too easy. Wich would lead to a lot of people trying to do it, which would mean all matches would be a cap zone brawl...

The way it is now, cap is a very useful tool. Mainly, it can be used to flush out people hiding in the end, sometimes you can even use it to secure victory if the surviving red doesnt want battle. Used earlier in the game, it can force the reds to change their plans, or to split them and so make them give up their numerical superiority at a chokepoint. A nice tool.

You can still use all these tactical moves you just talked about with this feature. There would be no point for a low HP tanks, especially the ones with little or no armor, to go capture, and it would provide an opportunity for armored tanks to change the outcome of the battle. Yes, it would draw additional attention on the base, and so what? Is it too bad? Skilled players would still find the way to win whether capturing or as I said go behind these tanks and kill them. 

minitelrose #4 Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73748 battles
  • [AFK]

Here it is :

The art of capturing base

written by myself.

capping base is rarely seen because people have no clue how to do it.

the way it works now is great, and I have successfully captured every base on every map at every tier at least once.

my only complaint is that most bases are slightly too exposed, except a few maps where they are perfect.

some tanks as well are better suited for capturing.

I do it once a day or more. I capped vignobles to 96 in a tier 9 game two days ago, and it only failed because team was too noob to help me. They were afraid to die, so they hid. if they had come in base with me, or if they had suicided into blocking the attacking red I would have won these four seconds. We lost.

I capped today twice, once in a tog in dead rails map. Once in fort despair.

had also teammates capping twice today, when there was an easy kill in front of them, in mines and in castillla, beeeeehhhhhh Whyyyyyyy do they do that ????? Waste of good XP and credits :/

So my question to you is why would you want to change something that works ?

Just learn how to do it.

read the guide in the link and leave a note to it if you have any thoughts on it.

Edited by minitelrose, 14 July 2016 - 12:27 AM.

EU4UA #5 Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16932 battles
  • [GOT]

View PostGoodFood92, on 13 July 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Overall, looking at this mechanic we see that as long as a tank capturing base alive, his capturing points won't get to zero, which is fare in my opinion. Also, heavy and well armored tanks such as T95 or Maus would have much more chances of winning when all or majority of team mates are dead, as well as, in some situation they could be more useful to the team. So, if T95 is capturing the base, there is nothing an opposite team can do, unless critically damage the tracks and go behind it to finish. 

This is just suggestion, I am certainly wrong somewhere, but I want to know who is in favour of these sort of changes? 

I get where Heavies would get more advantage in capturing the base, but what advantage would the meds and lights have in this scenario? Especially when hitting the tracks (with HE) doesn't reset anything. Lower Tier or stock meds/lights could be seriously disadvantaged by that suggestion. Or is the imbalance less than I fear it is?

As a team and as a Heavy you now have to make sure no lights are left in the end game. Fun part of the current system. A draw sucks when driving a heavy, but it's your own and the team's fault.

Edited by EU4UA, 14 July 2016 - 06:25 AM.

Also tagged with suggestion, base, capture

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users