Tank philosophy KingOfTierVII IrmaSellsTanks

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

IrmaBecx #21 Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28905 battles
  • [AFK]

Had a fantastic game playing cheeky support and backing away from fights in my Chi-Ri, first time out with Meikos new "80s Disco Nightmare" paint, too!

I am of course the only player in the whole world who isn't allowed to enter the King of Tier VII Challenge Contest, but i think this game shows you can have a really fun game without a lot of frontline brawling or kamikaze suicide spotting, just by following the flow of the battle, and you are very likely to rack up a competitive score without noticing.

This is precisely the thinking behind the "Kills/Survivors" scoring system. I am actually trying to get you all to change the way you play, and it's very simple Erwin Rommel stuff.

If you have two opposing forces of the same number, other things are going to decide. That is obvious. If you read through the last  25 months or so of Blitz forum posts, you will note players have understood that skill is a deciding factor, and so is the abilities of various vehicles. That is the first step.

Rommel had pretty outdated tanks with weak guns, and was often outnumbered, but he still had a pretty good Winrate. In the end, paying gold for Premium ammunition broke him, and now I believe he is playing Candy crush in Valhalla with his wife. This is the "Be like Xenodium" solution, and we are all working on that one. Xeno is my Hero, because he is so calm when he plays, and he can play anything because he has such vast experience and knows how to adapt. He is also my friend: Hyy, Xeno :)

Anyway, the "Tank Philosopher" solution is slightly different. I think in order to be more successful as a player and therefore have more fun, you need to think about what you are doing in realation to what is happening around you when you play. You need to understand how the game works, so you can be better at adapting to what ever happens.

I love Medium tanks because they are so Elitist, and I love Light tanks even more for the same reason. They are difficult to play. They have strong points that are hard to exploit. Like the Speedpanzer Ru has ten degrees of gun depression over the sides, but only seven or eight over the front. Ten degrees is massive, but facing your enemies side on in a tank with wet paper armour is obviously madness, right?

If you were Xenodium, you would be able to think of lots of situations where ten degrees of gun depression over the side could be very useful, especially since they most likely can't see you, and you would then go out and try to put your Ru 251 in these situations and see what happens. And when you do that, you are finally "playing to the strengths" of the Ru 251 like everyone says you should be doing.

But I don't play Mediums because they are Elitist. I play Mediums because thay can do anything, and because they offer the freedom of movement to do various different jobs in the same game. Note the E50M was my first tier X vehicle ever - not the Jägeru, even though I had over 500 games in the Jagdtiger and love it to this day probably the most. And that is precisely what they say about the E50M - it can do anything:

And the thing is people know this, but the only conclusion they draw from it is the E50M isn't as good as the Object 140. The conclusion you should draw from it is the E50M could be the perfect tank for Blitz, because it's so versatile. It can do three of the most important jobs in blitz - spot enemies and deliver damage, hold positions by bouncing shots, and take out isolated enemies. It also has the speed to move between flanks in order to always be in a position to be effective.

Before I ever drove the E50M I drove my Beautiful Panthers a lot, and especially the Super Troll Panther/M10. I have now given her the name "Traum-Töterin", which means "(female) Dream-Killer" in German, because every time I kill a Red tank for the rest of the month, I am chipping away at peoples' chances of making a good score and driving the same super cool tank as me.

And it is a cool tank. The Elusive Sneaky Panther still has that wonderful 7,5 L/70, and I had forgotten how much I love it. It puts the rounds where they need to be, and you can treat yourself to a few "Hartkern" rounds without breaking the bank. The armour profile is much better than on the Panther I and especially that turret with the railway-track gun mantlet. I am still amazed I get all those bounces.

So I am vary proud to offer it as a prize in the King of Tier VII Challenge, because I know it will make at least three players very happy, and perhaps as many as six. And platooning with them will of course make a lot of other players happy as well, except for the ones on Reds who will throw their tablets at the nearest wall, and then starting to think maybe that Panther/M10 isn't such a crap tank after all, and consider getting one. That, my friends is how Community Contributors sell tanks.

But as I said my objective here isn't that, but to make the game more fun, and better for everyone. Already, if you see a Vanguard Löwe on Greens, you will know you can rely on that player to be an asset in the match. In three weeks, we will have three famous Panther/M10s out there that will offer you the same confidence. So yeah, I realise what I do is making WG more money, but I am okay with that, because I play this tank myself, I paid (dads) real money for it, and I asked Wargaming for these tanks to give away, because I think that are underappreciated and deserve their place in the sun. I am really, really looking forward to reaquainting myself with the Trollest Panther there is and all the other great tier VII vehicles.

Especially Meiko :)

Elitist Tank Philosopher says "Thank You, Wargaming®!"

image.jpeg   image.jpeg

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

tiggersausages #22 Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42350 battles
  • [BLBL]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 11 August 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

I love my high tier Light tanks, but I won't be party to making people play Light tanks as if they were Medium tanks :)

my light tanks play the same as their medium cousins only faster faster faster!! 

IrmaBecx #23 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28905 battles
  • [AFK]

View Posttiggersausages, on 10 August 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

can we not have light tanks too plz?? My dragon likes the look of this!

View Posttiggersausages, on 11 August 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

my light tanks play the same as their medium cousins only faster faster faster!! 

So I see the Type 62 is dropping tomorrow, and I had no idea.

This puts things in a new Light, so to speak.

After consulting with my Wargaming "handler" we have decided to allow entries from the tier VII Type 62! And yes, that means if you own the Type 62 "Dragon" already, you are good to go, and will have a few hours of peace in game before it's full of Super Unicums who didn't buy one the first time around, and have been kicking themselves. Happy hunting!, tiggersausages!

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

samara73 #24 Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17336 battles
  • [IRMA]
I'm in time to cause mayhem in my Rudy

Dassem_ #25 Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31262 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 11 August 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Yes, we most certainly can, but I am not so sure about teaching players not to kill Red tanks?? :)

its teaching people not to killsteal!

and also, the guys with all thd kilks get all the medals and ace awards. the TD in the back with the big gun, that prioritized targets with high health rather than picking off easy kills and wasting potential damage, gets nothing despute doing 90% of the damage. He even has half his XP stolen by the guys who run around like headless chickens, spotting reds completely by accident while trying to get to their favourite camping spot in the far corner with their KV-1S..

actually doing seriously high damage from the back is an art of reading the game and positioning and repositioning well. But people who manage to do it right get little reward. They also get confused for useless campers, so they receive a lot of hate in chat.

its a poetic justice contest. my inspiration comes from recent experiences in my toaster.

Check out The Dassem Channel

BrinSigr #26 Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48461 battles
  • [LOCA]
Oh finally i found that topic! One question i still cant understand about base... 1 cap base point = 1 point for the contest or you need to win by capping base and get 1 point? Oh and one more question how much we can get points? 

minitelrose #27 Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 78340 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postkinghades42, on 10 August 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

Is this the rigged E25 contest I was asking you for?

were you also promised to win this one ? Me too ! I'm so disappointed now /

otherwise, could we get a contest that I could actually win ?

like most hits doing least damage 

or 

most bounced in a single game 

or

most lost potential damage in a game

etc : see what I mean ? something about winning when you actually are a loser.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

kinghades42 #28 Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23012 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postminitelrose, on 11 August 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

or 

or

I asked him for a rigged E25 contest because WG wont sell the bloody tank again. Its been over a year since we had a chance tombuy it, I regret not getting it every day! :'(

Proud Deputy Leader of IRMA!

samara73 #29 Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17336 battles
  • [IRMA]

Was going to ask if I can. Use my Chi ri for this compo new tank for me and a bit of a egg shell but good for honing the old situational awarness and not going all ape knuckles to the ground 

I do well in its little brother the Kenny that we can't talk about so I shall employ that style as a base and look forward to putting some good benchmarks in

IrmaBecx #30 Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28905 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDassem_Ultor_, on 11 August 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

its teaching people not to killsteal!

and also, the guys with all thd kilks get all the medals and ace awards. the TD in the back with the big gun, that prioritized targets with high health rather than picking off easy kills and wasting potential damage, gets nothing despute doing 90% of the damage. He even has half his XP stolen by the guys who run around like headless chickens, spotting reds completely by accident while trying to get to their favourite camping spot in the far corner with their KV-1S..

actually doing seriously high damage from the back is an art of reading the game and positioning and repositioning well. But people who manage to do it right get little reward. They also get confused for useless campers, so they receive a lot of hate in chat.

its a poetic justice contest. my inspiration comes from recent experiences in my toaster.

Dassem, I am taking this all to heart for a future challenge. Your words move me. Note said with straght face.

View PostBrinsigr, on 11 August 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

Oh finally i found that topic! One question i still cant understand about base... 1 cap base point = 1 point for the contest or you need to win by capping base and get 1 point? Oh and one more question how much we can get points? 

Cappping the bassse like Niounia means capping for the Win, meaning if your team wins by capping you get one point. So 100 cap base points = 1 Challenge point, even if you didn't do all of them yourself! It's just like killstealing; if you enter the cap at 99 points, you still get 100. :)

Max points for the Challenge means 7-0 win by Raseiniai with entire team surviving while capping to 100 after ramming a higher tier enemy to death and getting a Mastery, so theoretically 17 points total. Good luck ;)

View Postminitelrose, on 11 August 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

or 

or

There is the Tax of Rudy challenge ongoing, but I promise you I will do a "win-by-losing" contest very soon. In fact, WG already have the proposal :D

View Postkinghades42, on 12 August 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

I asked him for a rigged E25 contest because WG wont sell the bloody tank again. Its been over a year since we had a chance tombuy it, I regret not getting it every day! :'(

I asked WG for three E25s for this contest, but we decided on the Sneaky Panther, saving the E25 for something else. I know you all want it; I want it too. Stay tuned, I guess?

View Postsamara73, on 12 August 2016 - 04:51 AM, said:

Was going to ask if I can. Use my Chi ri for this compo new tank for me and a bit of a egg shell but good for honing the old situational awarness and not going all ape knuckles to the ground 

I do well in its little brother the Kenny that we can't talk about so I shall employ that style as a base and look forward to putting some good benchmarks in

You may certainly use the Chi-Ri, I have done very well in that, like 8 points, which is actually really high at tier VII.

I think with the high burst damage, and remember you don't have to burst it all at once, and the egg shell armour - plus it's huge - the Chi-Ri is a main contender for the prizes. Cheap to run, doles out the pain, and quite nippy. 

What's not to like? :)

minitelrose #31 Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 78340 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postkinghades42, on 12 August 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

Exactly my case. I want a way to get those rare quirky  tanks.

im not going to buy them upon display, because I wanna know if I will be able to enjoy myself for a 1000 games first.

After im pretty sure E25 is such, by this time it's not for sale anymore.

thats unfair.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

IrmaBecx #32 Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28905 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postminitelrose, on 12 August 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

Exactly my case. I want a way to get those rare quirky  tanks.

im not going to buy them upon display, because I wanna know if I will be able to enjoy myself for a 1000 games first.

After im pretty sure E25 is such, by this time it's not for sale anymore.

thats unfair.

If I had ​cache blanche from WG, I would of course only give away the rarest and most quirky vehicles in the game. Rudy. Fury. E25.

Wargaming have been kind enough to issue me with every tank in the game, but for my Challenges and giveaways, I will always choose tanks I really like or want to own myself. The Elusive Panther has been a revelation; I can*t believe I haven't played it in so long! I cride ever tiem when WG told me that Sony won't let me give away the Fury, but there are lots of other really great tanks out there. I know people want to play these tanks; I want to play them myself! You will never see me give away a boring tank because WG said it needs some exposure.

So yeah, the E25 is on my list, watch out when something happens in the German tech tree! I like for things to coincide, but I don't have any more knowledge about upcoming events or bundles than you guys.

IrmaBecx #33 Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28905 battles
  • [AFK]

I will just leave this here, and not point out the obvious fact that anyone who is serious about becoming one of the "Three Kings of Tier VII" would do very well to read my writings on the shamefully underappreciated tier IV Chi-He...

http://forum.wotblit...st-in-the-game/

Dassem_ #34 Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31262 battles
  • [AFK]
next time you discuss reward tanks with wg... could you check if PzIV Hydrostat and KV-220 are forever blocked to those who dont already have them? (which for kv-220 means just about everyone on EU server)

Check out The Dassem Channel

Wakanda__Forever #35 Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26381 battles
  • [IMREQ]
This is where I should show my results right? 

Wakanda__Forever #36 Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26381 battles
  • [IMREQ]

Here is my results 

Edit: I don't know why but I can't open the images I posted

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Comran_Wakili, 13 August 2016 - 09:38 PM.

BrinSigr #37 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48461 battles
  • [LOCA]

IrmaBecx #38 Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28905 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostComran_Wakili, on 13 August 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

This is where I should show my results right? 

Yes, precisely!

View PostComran_Wakili, on 13 August 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

Here is my results 

Edit: I don't know why but I can't open the images I posted

I can't either, sadly! Try using a third-party image hosting service, like http://imgur.com

View PostBrinsigr, on 14 August 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

(11 point game)

Woooooo, Warhorse!!! 11 points is going to be really hard to beat at tier VII! :)

Not surprised to see Rudy leading the charge on this Competition, but remember actual damage done is secondary - only kills and survivors count, plus Mastery, cap and Kamikaze ;)

Wakanda__Forever #39 Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26381 battles
  • [IMREQ]

Ok i have uploaded my results on imgur

Link: http://m.imgur.com/xbM2Qj9,kB6gP3J

Wakanda__Forever #40 Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26381 battles
  • [IMREQ]