Indy Panzer and the Quest for the Toon of Death!

Tank philosophy irmadrivestanks Ru 251 Indien-Panzer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

IrmaBecx #1 Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29453 battles
  • [AFK]

So me and GarySlegg tried the Platoon of Tier VIII Death tiåhis evening, and initial results aren't encouraging: no wins at all.

I did figure out the problem - we get spotted attacking targets, and the whole red team fires at us because the Ru is a weak target. 

So I am thinking the solution lies somewhere in more Light tank gameplay. Anyone have any thoughts?

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Frodo_Nifinger #2 Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 62752 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 23 August 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

So me and GarySlegg tried the Platoon of Tier VIII Death tiåhis evening, and initial results aren't encouraging: no wins at all.

I did figure out the problem - we get spotted attacking targets, and the whole red team fires at us because the Ru is a weak target. 

So I am thinking the solution lies somewhere in more Light tank gameplay. Anyone have any thoughts?

Spot! Fire relocate!
The Hobbit is a proud member of

rwpanther #3 Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29603 battles

Sometimes I would say even not fire :) I spend some time just spotting while being unseen, then if possible fire just before I wanted to relocate. When the front is created and all/almost all enemies locations are known I am trying to bite their legs :angry:

I am playing too bad to successfully try any other tactics.

garyslegg #4 Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25746 battles
  • [VG]
Yeah, I must confess originally when I got the SP 1C I struggled with it, winning only 1 the first 10 games I played in it.  However, I watched a coupe of videos and realised that I had to flank, hide and then attack when no one was looking at me.  The think is though, the SP 1C will pen most things, whilst the RU251 doesn't unless you use gold ammo - which is very expensive.  Also, its not as easy to hide as the SP 1C.  However, i shall persevere as I'm determined to master it. 

romsitsa #5 Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51745 battles
  • [VG]

If spotted full speed ahead and dodge. German meds on full speed close to you are extremely annoying and hard to hurt.

A

llo1 #6 Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30793 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 22 August 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Had the same problem tooning last night in Type 62 with Doublelegs, but seemed to get spotted even when not moving!

MosjeDayan #7 Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28620 battles
I played two Indien battles yesterday evening. Lost both. I play the Indien to ace it and to denoob it (it was my first tier 8 and I did soooooo bad). But denoobing doesnt work. The tank is great but difficult to play against Defenders and IS-6 x 4. If a defender overruns you its game over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users