Jump to content


Sniping v Camping


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

superturbospecial #21 Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:16 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014

View PostDonuts70, on 14 September 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

Just to clarify guys, plenty of times i have hidden in a location, not been spotted and knocked out 2 or 3 tanks, then gone on to fight whatever remains, is this sniping or camping, and why do people despise this so much when ive regularly witnessed players that have clealy been playing the game a long time with a good record doing the same thing?.

At the end of the day, these are tanks, not Planes, the point of tank warfare never was Dogfighting, and in reality, a battle, campaign, war would be lost very quickly, Element of suprise is important, Rommel wasnt the genius he was through dogfighting.

Call it camping or sniping, they are one and the same,,,,


Bläääää.....

Donuts70 #22 Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7084 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    09-02-2016

View Postsuperturbospecial, on 15 September 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

Call it camping or sniping, they are one and the same,,,,

 


Edited by Donuts70, 16 September 2016 - 02:12 PM.


Donuts70 #23 Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7084 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    09-02-2016

:/


Edited by Donuts70, 16 September 2016 - 02:13 PM.


Donuts70 #24 Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7084 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    09-02-2016

Hey i get it, FINALLY it has dawned on me, Like a light bulb appearing above my head, the light is on, i now completely understand why people get mad about what everyone calls NOOBS,  Ok i am a NOOB because im new to this game, But i have won the confederate badge more times than i care to remember because if a team-mate is in trouble, i always try to help as best i can, sometimes ive been kamikaze doing this.

BUT Last night, i found myself twice in battle, with 2 allies in the same field of view, watching me struggle to shake off and destroy a Stugg with my poor little pz38, And neither of them did a single thing until i was destroyed.

Just 10 minutes ago, same issue, in the desert, trying to kill a Hetzer with an upgraded gun, my Team-mate, a "T28" sat and watched just 10 yards away and slowly backed away behind a city wall, without firing a single assistance shot in the Hetzers direction, i lost my battle, but i continued to watch the T28, who then waited until the last red enemy was left, and then he sneaked from behind the wall and got the kill!!!!!!!!!!

 

Ohhhhh im so angry i want to name and shame on here because his scores were actually reasonable, BUT im not going to do that, not my way, but i will remember his name for future reference.

I get it, im a NOOB and already im seriously disliking other NOOBS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.



superturbospecial #25 Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:22 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014

View PostDonuts70, on 16 September 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Hey i get it, FINALLY it has dawned on me, Like a light bulb appearing above my head, the light is on, i now completely understand why people get mad about what everyone calls NOOBS,  Ok i am a NOOB because im new to this game, But i have won the confederate badge more times than i care to remember because if a team-mate is in trouble, i always try to help as best i can, sometimes ive been kamikaze doing this.

BUT Last night, i found myself twice in battle, with 2 allies in the same field of view, watching me struggle to shake off and destroy a Stugg with my poor little pz38, And neither of them did a single thing until i was destroyed.

Just 10 minutes ago, same issue, in the desert, trying to kill a Hetzer with an upgraded gun, my Team-mate, a "T28" sat and watched just 10 yards away and slowly backed away behind a city wall, without firing a single assistance shot in the Hetzers direction, i lost my battle, but i continued to watch the T28, who then waited until the last red enemy was left, and then he sneaked from behind the wall and got the kill!!!!!!!!!!

 

Ohhhhh im so angry i want to name and shame on here because his scores were actually reasonable, BUT im not going to do that, not my way, but i will remember his name for future reference.

I get it, im a NOOB and already im seriously disliking other NOOBS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

 

You'll be seeing a lot more of that, especially in the lower tiers. Please enjoy your game. :child:
Bläääää.....

Rosehip_come_back #26 Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:54 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7852 battles
  • 535
  • [T_O_G]
  • Member since:
    07-17-2016

View PostDonuts70, on 16 September 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Hey i get it, FINALLY it has dawned on me, Like a light bulb appearing above my head, the light is on, i now completely understand why people get mad about what everyone calls NOOBS,  Ok i am a NOOB because im new to this game, But i have won the confederate badge more times than i care to remember because if a team-mate is in trouble, i always try to help as best i can, sometimes ive been kamikaze doing this.

BUT Last night, i found myself twice in battle, with 2 allies in the same field of view, watching me struggle to shake off and destroy a Stugg with my poor little pz38, And neither of them did a single thing until i was destroyed.

Just 10 minutes ago, same issue, in the desert, trying to kill a Hetzer with an upgraded gun, my Team-mate, a "T28" sat and watched just 10 yards away and slowly backed away behind a city wall, without firing a single assistance shot in the Hetzers direction, i lost my battle, but i continued to watch the T28, who then waited until the last red enemy was left, and then he sneaked from behind the wall and got the kill!!!!!!!!!!

 

Ohhhhh im so angry i want to name and shame on here because his scores were actually reasonable, BUT im not going to do that, not my way, but i will remember his name for future reference.

I get it, im a NOOB and already im seriously disliking other NOOBS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

 

I know the feeling all too well. Especially when they were camping and watching in heavy tanks which could have really made the difference in the front line. I'm usually too absorbed in the duel to notice that until it's too late. But in most situations like this, the right thing to do is to wait until the enemy fired a shot and run to the camping noobs. This is why overall situational awareness is key in this game.

I never make the same mistake twice. I make them a hundred times.


TovarishchJohn #27 Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3804 battles
  • 51
  • [TSAR]
  • Member since:
    12-03-2015

Sniping is using a tank made for long distance and actively helping the team.  Camping is using a tank that shouldn't shoot from a distance or being far away of the combat without contributing. 

 

I should also add...  A tank that is made for long distance should be on the frontline if that is required because map or situation.  You can never stay far away from the combat the whole game, you will either win without your help. Or lose hard where you couldn't fight them all by yourself. 


Watch my stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/tovarishchjohn - Every Sunday Monday Wednesday 10PM (+3 GMT)


Donuts70 #28 Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7084 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    09-02-2016

View PostRosehip_come_back, on 17 September 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

 

I know the feeling all too well. Especially when they were camping and watching in heavy tanks which could have really made the difference in the front line. I'm usually too absorbed in the duel to notice that until it's too late. But in most situations like this, the right thing to do is to wait until the enemy fired a shot and run to the camping noobs. This is why overall situational awareness is key in this game.

 

YER ANOTHER THING IM NOTICING IS "ETIQUETTE",  HMMM, Did i spell that right, never mind.

Yer, 4 times ive experienced big tanks bullying me, Dead rail, i was sat hidden in a bush for a few minutes slowly creeping into enemy territory, and along came someone in a medium 3, and deliberatley got behind me and pushed me off the hill, broke my track, i couldnt stop him i was only in my pz38, the poor thing, things like that have happened a couple of times, people pushing my tank from behind into the enemies crosshairs getting me wasted.

Today at the mines i was in my A20, there was also a T34 on my team, we started off making a run for the hill and i decided to try to get up fast from the side we were facing, slow tanks wont make it, and as i hit 58kmh, he deliberatley backed his tank into my path, stopping me dead in my tracks, then he pulled away and typed the message - "HA HA HA" !!.

Seriously, was there any point in that and how will we ever win if our team-mates do that sort of thing, and he wasnt what id call a noob, he had over 2500 battles under his belt, again i will remember his name because the ones that bother me tend to go on my Block list, but i just fail to understand the mentality of it, and you guys are right, it probably is mostly happening in the lower tiers, ive noticed its usually around tiers 1 to 3 i experience most of these things.

Anyway, my max tank is a Tier 5, i have no wish to rush, im just enjoying playing and building my credits but i do wish there was a way to avoid this, ive found myself looking at my teams and following and spotting for the more experienced tankies, ive had less issues following the Kv-1s and the Churchills.



Rosehip_come_back #29 Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:35 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7852 battles
  • 535
  • [T_O_G]
  • Member since:
    07-17-2016

View PostDonuts70, on 17 September 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

 

YER ANOTHER THING IM NOTICING IS "ETIQUETTE",  HMMM, Did i spell that right, never mind.

Yer, 4 times ive experienced big tanks bullying me, Dead rail, i was sat hidden in a bush for a few minutes slowly creeping into enemy territory, and along came someone in a medium 3, and deliberatley got behind me and pushed me off the hill, broke my track, i couldnt stop him i was only in my pz38, the poor thing, things like that have happened a couple of times, people pushing my tank from behind into the enemies crosshairs getting me wasted.

Today at the mines i was in my A20, there was also a T34 on my team, we started off making a run for the hill and i decided to try to get up fast from the side we were facing, slow tanks wont make it, and as i hit 58kmh, he deliberatley backed his tank into my path, stopping me dead in my tracks, then he pulled away and typed the message - "HA HA HA" !!.

Seriously, was there any point in that and how will we ever win if our team-mates do that sort of thing, and he wasnt what id call a noob, he had over 2500 battles under his belt, again i will remember his name because the ones that bother me tend to go on my Block list, but i just fail to understand the mentality of it, and you guys are right, it probably is mostly happening in the lower tiers, ive noticed its usually around tiers 1 to 3 i experience most of these things.

Anyway, my max tank is a Tier 5, i have no wish to rush, im just enjoying playing and building my credits but i do wish there was a way to avoid this, ive found myself looking at my teams and following and spotting for the more experienced tankies, ive had less issues following the Kv-1s and the Churchills.

 

and that, is why this game doesn't have friendly fire. Imagine the chaos a single troll can create. 


I never make the same mistake twice. I make them a hundred times.


The_Mighty_Wombat #30 Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 39772 battles
  • 2,652
  • [-GNA-]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014

Here is a perfect example of a camper.

A Top Tier Heavy no where near the front line and if it had been then the game MAY of ended differently.



Boogie0NE #31 Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18760 battles
  • 893
  • [_VLNT]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Define the words first. 

 

Sniper is when you shoot at long range.

 

Camping is when you stay at the same spot.

 

It sure is possible to snipe and stay mobile. Like in Leo PT A/Leopard1, Type61.....

It is also possible to snipe while camping...... 

If you set up for camping and it doesn't work - RELOCATE plz. Otherwise it is noob camping..

If you camp and you get to snipe alot - Stay...

Easy. Know when to snipe and when to be frontline.

 

Example. I was i tier 7 Nameless in a tier 8 battle. We did not have mediums. I found a camping site at mid-range tier 8 heavys spotted and I did pretty good dmg. Plus when I got spottet I had armour enough to bounce a few. And still do dmg.  Heavy camp? Well... sometimes... 

"Bring to battlefield what the enemy lacks". 


 

_VLNT Valiant Academy is open for recruitment.  If you want to join just contact me on either    - Discord: Boogie0ne(VLNT)#0482 ingame: Boogie0ne


RollingSwarm #32 Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48927 battles
  • 432
  • [MON1K]
  • Member since:
    09-11-2014

I camp in a td (assuming it doesn't have high frontal armour) and I do well.

 

Play your tank, on your device, on your time, with your money (premium) - HOWEVER YOU DAMN WELL PLEASE.

 

But if you don't do it well expect to be berated. Heck, I'll berate you... And likely tell you to go down a tier or 9. It is sincere advice for your own good :medal:


Somewhere between Rage & Serenity'


Campist #33 Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40732 battles
  • 542
  • Member since:
    12-28-2014

Why move if you can snipe and enemies keep popping up in your scope, no matter if you are a TD or not.

A camper is when a tank don't know when to stop sniping because he doesn't have map- and situation awareness or just don't care about winning. 

 

Btw. I rather play with campers than headless rushers. 


:bush:

Campist #34 Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:36 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40732 battles
  • 542
  • Member since:
    12-28-2014
Do you think it's camping if you choose to snipe on hills at Castilla, Canal or Rockfield in a Leopard 1?
:bush:

superturbospecial #35 Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:32 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014

View PostTo8i_, on 19 September 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

Do you think it's camping if you choose to snipe on hills at Castilla, Canal or Rockfield in a Leopard 1?

 

I've seen that you tend to camp a bit too much in your Leo1. If your team is struggling it might be better to divert their attention to another direction rather than hiding in the back waitng for the enemy to come into sight. Camping is with a medium is really a sin on a map like Mines where you need to take the middle hill as fast as possible. Leo is an excellent tank for doing that and should not sit in the back on that map.

 

In any case, all games are different and sometimes it might be a good idea to camp, but usually it's not.


Bläääää.....

_Biggles_ #36 Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:35 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11253 battles
  • 1,185
  • Member since:
    10-04-2015

View PostTo8i_, on 19 September 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

Do you think it's camping if you choose to snipe on hills at Castilla, Canal or Rockfield in a Leopard 1?

 

Leo can be played two ways:

  • snipe using the excellent gun handling
  • keep moving and shooting at closer ranges and use the excellent mobility to not get shot back

both work fine, but use them together and you'll do a lot of good. The second is probably better for the team.


Edited by _Biggles_, 20 September 2016 - 07:35 PM.

Empros Clan 

"Win with Pride, Die with Honour!"

Proud Friend Of IRMA


Donuts70 #37 Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7084 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    09-02-2016

View PostTo8i_, on 19 September 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

Do you think it's camping if you choose to snipe on hills at Castilla, Canal or Rockfield in a Leopard 1?

 

Gotta admit chaps at first i didnt see the problem, but now i do, there is a difference as perfectly pointed out in previous posts, ive picked spots at dead rail, and stayed there whilst the enemy is in the scopes, picking off 1 or 2, but then when either theres nothing to shoot at or im spotted, i move straight away, i do this lots with my T34, but ive seen people go hide and stay there, perfect example yesterday at Canal, a guy with a lot of experience left on his own against 2 half HP tanks, forget what he had, but he got as far away as possible and hid there out of view and stayed there till game was called a draw, To me, pointless, id sooner get killed off than hide away hoping not to be seen, Horses for courses, everyone will at some point snipe, thats fine, its the ones that hide hoping to get to the end without have to fire or face a single shot that bug me.

Hey by way, wrong topic and post i know, but just wondered, has anyone here completed the minimum 25 Mk1 British heavy tank battles and gotten the commemorative token and 3 days???, i did 28 battles but received nothing, Raised a ticket last night but no reply.



Just_merpug #38 Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 58294 battles
  • 10,279
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostDonuts70, on 21 September 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

 

Gotta admit chaps at first i didnt see the problem, but now i do, there is a difference as perfectly pointed out in previous posts, ive picked spots at dead rail, and stayed there whilst the enemy is in the scopes, picking off 1 or 2, but then when either theres nothing to shoot at or im spotted, i move straight away, i do this lots with my T34, but ive seen people go hide and stay there, perfect example yesterday at Canal, a guy with a lot of experience left on his own against 2 half HP tanks, forget what he had, but he got as far away as possible and hid there out of view and stayed there till game was called a draw, To me, pointless, id sooner get killed off than hide away hoping not to be seen, Horses for courses, everyone will at some point snipe, thats fine, its the ones that hide hoping to get to the end without have to fire or face a single shot that bug me.

Hey by way, wrong topic and post i know, but just wondered, has anyone here completed the minimum 25 Mk1 British heavy tank battles and gotten the commemorative token and 3 days???, i did 28 battles but received nothing, Raised a ticket last night but no reply.

 

The award will, as ever, come at the end of the event. 

<Dad>Patience is a virtue, desired by many, possessed by few <\Dad>


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


Donuts70 #39 Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7084 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    09-02-2016

View Postmrpgilbert, on 21 September 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

 

The award will, as ever, come at the end of the event. 

<Dad>Patience is a virtue, desired by many, possessed by few <\Dad>

 

I wondered because in the rules it STATES, the premium days will be added wether competition is finished or not.

Donuts70 #40 Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7084 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    09-02-2016

View PostDonuts70, on 21 September 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

 

I wondered because in the rules it STATES, the premium days will be added wether competition is finished or not.

 

Scrap that, i see its altered to what the email said.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users