Sniping v Camping

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Campist #41 Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40732 battles

View Postsuperturbospecial, on 20 September 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

I've seen that you tend to camp a bit too much in your Leo1. If your team is struggling it might be better to divert their attention to another direction rather than hiding in the back waitng for the enemy to come into sight. Camping is with a medium is really a sin on a map like Mines where you need to take the middle hill as fast as possible. Leo is an excellent tank for doing that and should not sit in the back on that map.

In any case, all games are different and sometimes it might be a good idea to camp, but usually it's not.

You have seen me tend to camp in Leopard1 for what you think is too much? How come when you only 3 battles in your account? :D
But I usually rush hill with leopard1 on Mines when it's not supremacy but sometimes I feel like going to island for sniping. But I only rush the entrances for fast tanks, never the main, unless enemy doesn't strong brawling meds. Btw, Bushka thinks you should go to the island for sniping when playing leopard, and thinks that leopard is not excellent for rushing hill. :)

:bush:

superturbospecial #42 Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View PostTo8i_, on 21 September 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

You have seen me tend to camp in Leopard1 for what you think is too much? How come when you only 3 battles in your account? :D
But I usually rush hill with leopard1 on Mines when it's not supremacy but sometimes I feel like going to island for sniping. But I only rush the entrances for fast tanks, never the main, unless enemy doesn't strong brawling meds. Btw, Bushka thinks you should go to the island for sniping when playing leopard, and thinks that leopard is not excellent for rushing hill. :)

They buffed the leo somewhat since that video was made. WG added some hitpoints and decreased the reload time (if I remember correctly), It can now actually deal with a Russian med one on one in close combat, even though it should be avoided. 

Bläääää.....

Campist #43 Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40732 battles

View Postsuperturbospecial, on 21 September 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

They buffed the leo somewhat since that video was made. WG added some hitpoints and decreased the reload time (if I remember correctly), It can now actually deal with a Russian med one on one in close combat, even though it should be avoided. 

It still has lower DPM compared to Soviet meds plus almost no risk of getting bounce shots, but big risk of getting HE penetrated. On distance it can easily deal with Soviet meds in terms of trade shooting with covers.
:bush:

superturbospecial #44 Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View PostTo8i_, on 21 September 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

It still has lower DPM compared to Soviet meds plus almost no risk of getting bounce shots, but big risk of getting HE penetrated. On distance it can easily deal with Soviet meds in terms of trade shooting with covers.

Yes I think an obj needs to miss at least one shot if you are going to kill him one on one. But of course no tank should go up the hill alone, you must have support from other meds/lights in your team or the game will be lost before it started.
Bläääää.....

Donuts70 #45 Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7084 battles

Can Anyone recommend a decent tier 6??, Tried the Vk 30 and hated it, sooooo slow and quite easy to knock out, Was thinking of the Cromwell, But i have a Crusader and its armour is shocking, throw a stone at it and thats 200hp knocked off, i guess everyone has their own preference, just looking for something that can withstand the hits reasonably but still quite fast at same time, I love the T34 in Tier 5, but hated the t34-85.

Im sure everyone can recommend something thats not too hard for a Noob to get to grips with please lol.

Still cant get over the Crusader, loved the Cruisers and the Cov, seriously disappointed with Crusaders armour, Hoping Cromwells is better.

_Biggles_ #46 Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11253 battles

View PostDonuts70, on 22 September 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Can Anyone recommend a decent tier 6??, Tried the Vk 30 and hated it, sooooo slow and quite easy to knock out, Was thinking of the Cromwell, But i have a Crusader and its armour is shocking, throw a stone at it and thats 200hp knocked off, i guess everyone has their own preference, just looking for something that can withstand the hits reasonably but still quite fast at same time, I love the T34 in Tier 5, but hated the t34-85.

Im sure everyone can recommend something thats not too hard for a Noob to get to grips with please lol.

Still cant get over the Crusader, loved the Cruisers and the Cov, seriously disappointed with Crusaders armour, Hoping Cromwells is better.

M4A3E2 with stock turret and gun. And Cromwell. Cromwell is beautiful 

Empros Clan 

"Win with Pride, Die with Honour!"

Proud Friend Of IRMA

Just_merpug #47 Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59648 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDonuts70, on 22 September 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Cromwell is just as fragile, but masses of fun. For not dying, though, like Biggles says, Sherman Jumbo

And armour is nothing more than a security blanket. Learn about not being hit or dying (says the noob who's failing a lot in this just now...)

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Donuts70 #48 Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7084 battles

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 September 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

Cromwell is just as fragile, but masses of fun. For not dying, though, like Biggles says, Sherman Jumbo

And armour is nothing more than a security blanket. Learn about not being hit or dying (says the noob who's failing a lot in this just now...)

LOL, yer i noticed i just knocked out a Cromwell in under 6 hits so, hmmmm, but yer for a fun attacking tank it looks ok, im on the M3 Lee just now then will Get the M4 then the Jumbo.

Yup i do try to avoid getting hit lol but its inevitable that ur gonna get hit here and there, dont think anyone can avoid that.

PS, sometimes i follow these guys that shout out there orders and BOOOM. they lead you straight into a no win situation, im trying to avoid that too, its those darn leopards grrrrrr, so quick.

Edited by Donuts70, 22 September 2016 - 10:20 PM.

Knickerson #49 Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38067 battles
  • [ICN]

View PostDonuts70, on 23 September 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

PS, sometimes i follow these guys that shout out there orders and BOOOM. they lead you straight into a no win situation, im trying to avoid that too, its those darn leopards grrrrrr, so quick.

Whenever possible, I like to take out the light tanks first. It's easier to do with teammates. Otherwise, good Leopard tankers will tear your team apart one tank at a time.
Sound trumpets! Let our colours wave!
And either victory, or else a grave.

William Shakespeare
Henry VI Part 3 – Act 2, scene 2

Donuts70 #50 Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7084 battles

View PostKnickerson, on 23 September 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Whenever possible, I like to take out the light tanks first. It's easier to do with teammates. Otherwise, good Leopard tankers will tear your team apart one tank at a time.

Yer ive seen it Happen, Some of the lads in Leopards cause so much chaos.

superturbospecial #51 Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
Jackson, Kuro Mori Mine, VK 30.01D and possibly the M6 are the best tier 6 I've come across so far. I haven't tried the VK since they changed the MM but I'm sure it's still usable :)

Edited by superturbospecial, 23 September 2016 - 09:01 PM.

Bläääää.....

Donuts70 #52 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7084 battles

IVE HEARD THE KURO MORI, How do i get that tank, it isnt in my list, or is it listed under a different name, I assumed it was called Kuro Mori Mine in Blitz but i do not see it to buy.

Donuts70 #53 Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7084 battles
Anyone?

_Biggles_ #54 Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11253 battles
It was an event tank a few months ago. You probably won't be able to get it again

Empros Clan 

Proud Friend Of IRMA

Donuts70 #55 Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7084 battles
Darn. Cheers, They should implement a 2nd hand tank lot, So people can sell n trade, Like Wi Cars In Gran Turismo, that would be a good addition, Granted itll never happen.

Florian_Guyer #56 Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 51732 battles
  • [3LR]

Donuts 70, that is one of the best ideas I have read in this forum and it is eminently do-able, after all, they "buy back" any tank you want to sell, which effectively removes it from the "gene pool". Why not capitalise on the process and facilitate players selling tanks on the open market, for a small fee. There must be loads of "one off's" that people have disposed of over the years. I deeply regret selling my PzKpfw.11 Ausf. J and would love to buy it back!

WG PLEASE NOTE

Edited by Florian_Guyer, 14 October 2016 - 06:34 PM.

The Reality of Fighting in AFVs.  

'The 75mm gun is firing, the 37mm gun is firing but it is traversed round the wrong way.The Browning is jammed, I am saying 'Driver Advance' on the A set and the driver, who cant hear me is reversing, and as I look over the top of the turret and see twelve enemy tanks fifty yards away, someone hands me a cheese sandwich'. 

British Tank Commander, Western Desert 1942

_Biggles_ #57 Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11253 battles
On NA WoT PC there's a tank rental system, where if you complete a certain (easy) mission, you get to rent a premium tank for a few days to try it out. It completely breaks the matchmaker though, so it only occurs every so often when a new premium is out

Empros Clan 

Proud Friend Of IRMA

ProBruh #58 Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4324 battles
Men dont camp xD

Deadly_Tank_Girl #59 Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 496 battles
  • [-J7-]

View Post_Biggles_, on 05 September 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Sniping: fighting at a distance in a tank meant for fighting at distance 

Camping: fighting at distance in a tank meant for fighting at close range

^that

Deadly_Tank_Girl #60 Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 496 battles
  • [-J7-]
Ssssshhhhh! You'll hurt my stats telling the noobs not to be afk, and not to camp!! I get at least one of my kills each battle from "kempers" & "afk'ers"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users