Dracula Helsing overpowered?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Yourdogfood #1 Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21568 battles
  • [UKRJT]
I'm sick of playing tier 7 against these two though more so Dracula, as my Centurion and T20 are no match for these. Any suggestions other than stop playing at this tier? 

flakk_cz #2 Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 20861 battles
  • [CZECH]
They aren't OP. You Just need how to play against them ...

Warren5 #3 Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31716 battles
  • [VG]

View Postflakk_cz, on 30 October 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

They aren't OP. You Just need how to play against them ...

This

AndyHe #4 Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13979 battles
  • [PACT_]
They arent. Just dont yolo

I like Type 62, that's why I want WG to give a huge discount on Type 59 so I can change my equipment on my Type 62

Homemade tinfoilhat--->https://youtu.be/_IEFaGiCm_8

IrmaBecx #5 Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21812 battles
  • [IRMA]

I'll admit the Helsing is a tricky pen sometimes, but I wouldn't agree these tanks are OP. In fact, they are both pretty balanced, the Helsing being the more noob-friendly one.

What has happened is a lot of adept players have realised the potential of the Dracula, just as they did the potential of the Rudy, the Cromwell B and the Hype 62. A tank with speed is hard to play for new players because they get into trouble, but the better player will instead be able to react much faster to developing situations and opportunities.

Unlike the Tankenstein, my guess is the Dracula is here to stay, even after we get the AMX CDC, because it is a tier lower. And because it's a fantastic tank that has a lot of potential.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Yourdogfood #6 Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21568 battles
  • [UKRJT]
I could be wrong but it sounds as if you think I have either of these tanks. I don't, it's playing against these that I have a problem with. With the tanks I have at tier 7 I do not have the agility or armor to fight back. Paticularly with Dracula speed I can be run rings around as it's so quick. I'm hardly a noob with nearly 8000 games and consider myself a reasonably good player.

_Ripper4you_ #7 Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40847 battles
  • [ELEM]
Dracula isn't op on the other hand Helsing firepower is! 

IrmaBecx #8 Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21812 battles
  • [IRMA]

View PostYourdogfood, on 30 October 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

I could be wrong but it sounds as if you think I have either of these tanks. I don't, it's playing against these that I have a problem with. With the tanks I have at tier 7 I do not have the agility or armor to fight back. Paticularly with Dracula speed I can be run rings around as it's so quick. I'm hardly a noob with nearly 8000 games and consider myself a reasonably good player.

I didn't mean to imply anything, I am just saying that one of the reasons you may be struggling against the Dracula is that a lot of proficient players are driving them. That was all.

And I agree; a well driven Dracula is always a nuisance on the Red team, especially if it stays hidden. I try to chase them down first chance, because a low health Dracula can still do huge amounts of damage, and is just as quick. Also be ready for the 2 second track repair - your tracking shots may not work as intended, especially if the tracks eat some damage.

Like Vlad says, the real trouble with the Helsing is the firepower, especially in a platoon, and so you need to try to negate that by making them miss their shots, move around to mess up their aim, and go around them so you can beat their slow turret traverse. Try and gauge the skill of the Drac or Helsing driver at the start of the game. If they are bad, take them down fast. If they are good, kill the team around them. Stealth and firepower make both these tanks dangerous in the endgame, but even two on one they aren't so tough.

Very best of luck.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Pururut #9 Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21367 battles
  • [1RTR_]

Dracula isnt op, not at the slightest.It is incredibly fast with a gun of high dispersion but this is compensated with no armor.I do however, have a thing or two to say about helsing.

It is fine if a tank or td has a 2 round autoloader, the concept has been already introduced by german lights.What is unacceptable is that this blasphemy of a td having a combination of ridiculous armor profile capable of bouncing most tier 7 guns with a very easy to hide lower glacis plate, mobility matching that of a tier 7 medium coupled with an autoloader which has less than half a second reloading inbetween the shots and has a ridiculously low reload time of 10 seconds. 

Either;

A-Increase the reload time of the magazine by a 5-6 seconds as it has only 0.25 seconds between the shots, this has been applied to german lights with positive results

B-Reduce the mobility of the tank, hamper its ability to abuse the autoloader by preventing it from closing the distance

Note 1

While the weakspot is evident between the turret and the sloped hull, it will mostly put the tanks in an disadvantageous position due to to required aiming and will likely result in recieving 400-450 damage from the helsing in exchange for dealing 170-250 damage to it.Higher caliber guns on tanks such as is-1/2 might even bounce off regardless of fully aiming due to poor gun characteristics.

Note 2

While some might say that it isnt, the average winrate of 57.61 and rapid sight of it in tier 7 suggests that it is superior to its tier 7 counterparts.

Edited by Pururut, 30 October 2016 - 01:35 PM.

Long live voluptious tanned bitchy girls. 

HughDomfok #10 Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27755 battles
  • [VG]

View PostYourdogfood, on 30 October 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

with nearly 8000 games and consider myself a reasonably good player.

http://wotbstars.com/?usr=yourdogfood&geo=EU&lng=eng

You need to rethink your gameplay, from every aspect. 1 or 2 shots per battle isn't even remotely good. No wonder u're having trouble.

Dracula is the easier one to take out as it has no armor, low DPM, and they tend to be cocky. Your centurion should PvP it with no effort, while i do feel t20 is inferior to it.

Edited by HughDomfok, 30 October 2016 - 03:14 PM.

Chairman_merpug #11 Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35126 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostHughDomfok, on 30 October 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

http://wotbstars.com/?usr=yourdogfood&geo=EU&lng=eng

You need to rethink your gameplay, from every aspect. 1 or 2 shots per battle isn't even remotely good. No wonder u're having trouble.

Dracula is the easier one to take out as it has no armor, low DPM, and they tend to be cocky. Your centurion should PvP it with no effort, while i do feel t20 is inferior to it.

Apt nickname

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

mayolicious #12 Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25226 battles
  • [LOCA]
No

HariKariGaryNeedsaCarry #13 Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23797 battles
  • [OLD]

View PostYourdogfood, on 30 October 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

no offence but your a reasonably good player up to tier five, at 6,7 and 8 your out of your depth. Still plenty of time to learn but stick around lower tiers until you have a number of tanks over 50% at that tier before moving up.

watch videos on you tube, bushka would be good for starters but there are lots out there.

harikarigaryneedsacarry_snowjag_eng.jpeg

Rosehip_come_back #14 Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7844 battles
  • [T_O_G]

View PostPururut, on 30 October 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

Dracula isnt op, not at the slightest.It is incredibly fast with a gun of high dispersion but this is compensated with no armor.I do however, have a thing or two to say about helsing.

It is fine if a tank or td has a 2 round autoloader, the concept has been already introduced by german lights.What is unacceptable is that this blasphemy of a td having a combination of ridiculous armor profile capable of bouncing most tier 7 guns with a very easy to hide lower glacis plate, mobility matching that of a tier 7 medium coupled with an autoloader which has less than half a second reloading inbetween the shots and has a ridiculously low reload time of 10 seconds. 

Either;

A-Increase the reload time of the magazine by a 5-6 seconds as it has only 0.25 seconds between the shots, this has been applied to german lights with positive results

B-Reduce the mobility of the tank, hamper its ability to abuse the autoloader by preventing it from closing the distance

Note 1

While the weakspot is evident between the turret and the sloped hull, it will mostly put the tanks in an disadvantageous position due to to required aiming and will likely result in recieving 400-450 damage from the helsing in exchange for dealing 170-250 damage to it.Higher caliber guns on tanks such as is-1/2 might even bounce off regardless of fully aiming due to poor gun characteristics.

Note 2

While some might say that it isnt, the average winrate of 57.61 and rapid sight of it in tier 7 suggests that it is superior to its tier 7 counterparts.

I thought WG committed to never nerf a premium tank? I wouldn't mind the other tanks of the tier getting buffed though. We still have the Defender and IS 6 horde to worry about. 

I never make the same mistake twice. I make them a hundred times.

Dirty_Yank #15 Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8307 battles

I think they are pretty well balanced. The drac has low DPM which is nice since every Dracula  driver drives like a bat out of hell.  Helsing can be harder to pen, is reasonably mobile, can get the random bounce and has very good DPM, but I have seen all too much the second shot bounce or miss entirely.  

Either way I don't think they are OP.  I have been running my T20 recently and things have been fine. 

Dassem_ #16 Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26868 battles
  • [AFK]

Drac is not OP

Helsing is OP

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

Dezz_it_Hulek #17 Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14714 battles
  • [TEROR]

Dracula is not OP. You see that immediately when it's in noobs' hands. They cannot master its speed and maneuverability and get killed very quickly. On the other hand, when in good hands, it's a lethal weapon.

Helsing is totally OP. Not only because of the twin guns but because of its totally troll armor. So very noob friendly. So many time I shoot at grey/weakspots on Helsings and nothing happens. And it's not RNG.

And of course, the gun is OP not because of the barrel but because the reload between barrels is way too fast. Which is not the case for a defender, a SPIC or a Chi Ri

Edited by Dezz_it_Hulek, 03 November 2016 - 01:40 PM.

mayolicious #18 Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25226 battles
  • [LOCA]

I really haven't had any problems with fighting the helsing. If you are moving properly most of the time it only gets one proper hit on you, and generally I stay out of view of TDs. 

If people have a problem with it fair enough, nerf the armour a bit or maybe the straight line speed. But it is not OP

Dassem_ #19 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26868 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postmayolicious, on 03 November 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

I really haven't had any problems with fighting the helsing. If you are moving properly most of the time it only gets one proper hit on you, and generally I stay out of view of TDs. 

If people have a problem with it fair enough, nerf the armour a bit or maybe the straight line speed. But it is not OP

helsing is generally not op in other peoples hands. in my hands however it sure is. and thats not a reflection on my skills, as no other tier 7 seems op like that to me. except the su-152...

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

marquitas #20 Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10360 battles
  • [GETII]

Remove this tanks,this game is about History,and what is this?!

YOU are making tanks that doesn't belong to this game,and instead of making this disgusting piece of shits,you should add MORE real tanks!

This game is not interesting at all with this -- Kuro Mori Mine,Dracula,BLA BLA BLA (crap)

Description in google play says "Ready to cause some havoc in the ultimate World War 2 military tank shooter?"

Dracula and Helsing are part of history? I don't think so..

Edited by marquitas, 11 November 2016 - 12:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users