My new pet hate (warning vent/rant enclosed, I hope you like salt)

rant left right negative KV1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

iniaes #1 Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3711 battles
  • [STBA]

So I always call 'left or right guys' as I play TDs, I'm not leading from the front, I'm not rumbling, I'm shooting over your heads usually so I want to know where you guys are going so I can do my job and support you.

Now... Imagine how frustrating it is when:

a) no one says anything, the whole team all runs off in random directions like dandelion seeds, and dies, then starts spamming 'noobs' in the chat :/

b) When after the game starts someone calls out a direction and we commit and we're off.... And a player either demands we go their way instead (usually a KV1/2 driver, no seriously, usually a KV driver decided he wants to do something else P:), or a yolo heavy drives in the opposite direction and the others decide to follow him...

c) You realise that the lights and meds have ground to a halt to camp and suddenly you're leading a charge... in a Pz Sfl IVc :/

Please guys, it generally doesn't matter which way you go, just look at your team, the enemies team and make a decision like so. Who has the most TDs? You? Head to open areas so they can snipe over you. Also Open areas generally suit meds so they can manoeuvre around slower targets (COD is best armour). Loads of heavies on your team, take the team down streets or long areas so they ca5n form u and overwhelm targets and not get surrounded, traverse matters less on rails and alleys.

And if you have a reason to disagree with a direction, voice it, people might be more inclined to follow your plan than if you spam the 'negative' key and go off on your own, but worst case is you divide the team and firepower, and cost the team a match for the sake of you having a hissy fit...

/rant

and breath

DerpyMcderp #2 Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15791 battles
  • [VG]

View Postiniaes, on 02 November 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

So I always call 'left or right guys' as I play TDs, I'm not leading from the front, I'm not rumbling, I'm shooting over your heads usually so I want to know where you guys are going so I can do my job and support you.

Now... Imagine how frustrating it is when:

a) no one says anything, the whole team all runs off in random directions like dandelion seeds, and dies, then starts spamming 'noobs' in the chat :/

b) When after the game starts someone calls out a direction and we commit and we're off.... And a player either demands we go their way instead (usually a KV1/2 driver, no seriously, usually a KV driver decided he wants to do something else P:), or a yolo heavy drives in the opposite direction and the others decide to follow him...

c) You realise that the lights and meds have ground to a halt to camp and suddenly you're leading a charge... in a Pz Sfl IVc :/

Please guys, it generally doesn't matter which way you go, just look at your team, the enemies team and make a decision like so. Who has the most TDs? You? Head to open areas so they can snipe over you. Also Open areas generally suit meds so they can manoeuvre around slower targets (COD is best armour). Loads of heavies on your team, take the team down streets or long areas so they ca5n form u and overwhelm targets and not get surrounded, traverse matters less on rails and alleys.

And if you have a reason to disagree with a direction, voice it, people might be more inclined to follow your plan than if you spam the 'negative' key and go off on your own, but worst case is you divide the team and firepower, and cost the team a match for the sake of you having a hissy fit...

/rant

and breath

worst thing is when a tank type has superiority over a flank at start of game but still decline to use it (e.g 4 LTs in middleburg against like 1 LT and 1 MT but they all rush into the city to face the HTs head on and die.)

The only reason that you lost... is that you p***ed me off. 

RollingSwarm #3 Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34365 battles
  • [LGN]
You can lead the charge in that tank, easily. :trollface:

Edited by Redicide, 15 December 2016 - 10:15 AM.

Somewhere between rage & serenity'

[R2K]

MadSkunk #4 Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19371 battles
We have fast and mobile tds for such cases. Even if you are alone versus five amateurs,  you still have great chance to win

Any problem? Send me this form.

Máš problém? Pošli mi tento formulář.

GC280 #5 Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15532 battles
  • [1RTR_]

I have always found the Obj. 263 line of tanks to be good vs a horde of people who are worse than you (hard to find people like that in my case). All of them are fast, with great dpm and trollish armour.

Favourite Tanks - Bromwell, Jagdtiger, Jpanther II

Duggage_Hu #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2572 battles
  • [ALBAB]

Clearly, in a classic TD (average speed, no armor, big gun, no turret), you are most often at the mercy of your team, especially at the lowest tiers.

I recently started a project to play at least 50 battles with each vehicle in Tiers 1-4. But I quit trying this with the TDs, because low-tier players (read: noobs) almost never know how to help a TD properly. (Maybe I don't, either.)

On a positive note, I was recently in a Tier 2/3 battle on Mines where our team had four TDs, and the other team had only one, with T-26s and Pz IIs instead. Yikes! I, in the Cruiser Mk. I, sent the message, "DO NOT go hill. Let them come." Luckily (or incompetently), we all stayed back and let the other team come at us piecemeal. We won by shooting them up as they appeared. (Also, one of our TD drivers had over 10,000 battles.) Sometimes, things work out....

Cheers!

Taking my time, advancing a tier every few months...

AFK_is_now_AFK #7 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11164 battles
  • [KAH35]
True story.
Also sometimes leaders could be a very very bad player (%20 wr i mean), I've seen a lot of this.
He called 3 heavies to fight against 5 heavies, I couldn't stop them. Because I was driving sp i c.
As you guessed all team eliminated in a few seconds, and they all reported me.
6 Dislikes at the end :D

Also tagged with rant, left, right, negative, KV1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users