• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

joriskiller #1 Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3964 battles
  • [A60]

Hello tankers,

I'd like to hear from people who have the strv if its worth 5400 gold (thats what i need to get it)

I personally think i want to do it, because its a one time oppurtunity, unless people tell me with good arguments not to buy it. 

Wargaming also scammed me for €20, i hate it that I have to wait a day before i can send a message to them with my number on othe facture and such.

Edited by joriskiller, 11 January 2017 - 03:34 PM.

JoseOlas #2 Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 53983 battles
  • [PHNX]
No

joriskiller #3 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3964 battles
  • [A60]
(Edited)

Edited by joriskiller, 11 January 2017 - 04:03 PM.

joriskiller #4 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3964 battles
  • [A60]

View PostJoseOlas, on 11 January 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

No

should i go for the tickets? Would that make more sense?

phony1907 #5 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24215 battles
  • [VG]
İf you want the tank, spend gold. Dont spend gold on tickets. Tickets are gamble and ınly worth if they come free or with free xp. My personal opinion is, only garage slots are worth to spend gold. But thats me.

If calling for help, follow me, I know how to die!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4tqTiik7dSnoI6s0UtuMw

Epicone1999 #6 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9971 battles
  • [IRMA]

Imagine it this way:

- Do you want a guaranteed prize?

- Or do you want to gamble away and test your luck?

I personally would go for the tank as RNG doesn't like me seeing as I'm pretty unlucky at times...

"I'll guarantee all players on here get called a noob, get told to delete the game, etc. etc. even when carrying the team because some people just expect you to be mind readers and to support their yolo charge, their side on defensive position and need someone else to blame for their poor performance." -Stubbo66

Black Swan appreciates being part of

stubbo66 #7 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44228 battles
  • [OCD]

For it's tier, 5400 gold is over full price, but guaranteed if it ever went on offer again in the future it would be bundled with more gold and premium time and cost you even more than that. So if you like the idea of a premium auto loader at tier VI, then go for it.

I've only had one game in it so far (4 kills/survived) but through the tank was OK. I'll play it properly after I finish some other challenges I've set myself.

It has no armour so needs to be a peek a boom tank, but it's not a good ridge fighter. But if you can team up with another Steve, then you can wreck isolated tanks pretty quickly. It does 480 damage in 4 seconds....but then you need to get the hell out of dodge for 13.3 seconds while you reload the clip, which isn't completely horrible.

Remember, premium doesn't mean the tanks are in any way superior to other tanks available, just that they have a premium earnings coefficient so they make more credits and XP for you. So it will only ever be an OK tank. That does mean you can afford to use premo though, so makes it more effective.

Checkout sk8's You Tube video....

I'd get one, but then again I get every tank available so that doesn't help.

For that much gold though, if you go to the fair and buy crates 10 at a time, you'll get a whole heap of premium tanks, so arguably if you are going to spend money, you'll get much better value that way. However, don't expect to get higher tier tanks. Most will be tier 3 or 4 at best, you might get lucky and get something better.

If you had the other tanks on offer already, I'd say yeah, go for it. On balance I think you'd get better vale getting crates if I'm honest.

Pururut #8 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11925 battles
  • [1RTR]

I dont even have it and here is my answer, NO.It doesnt take a genius to figure out that a T71 with no speed and tall profile wont be good, even if it enjoys mm a bit more.

Edited by Pururut, 11 January 2017 - 04:40 PM.

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A TRADE AGREEMENT WITH ENGLAND???

oilrich #9 Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17731 battles
  • [SWARM]
Didnt like it.   Sold it.

CreamyWhip #10 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21412 battles
  • [WPS]

I ground and will keep it.

It's an average tank that was worth grinding but not worth buying for 5,400 when there are other Tier VI/VII tech tree premiums that can be bought, especially on discount, which earn better.

As already mentioned, if you're interested in the play style, there are regular tech tree tanks which offer similar.

samara73 #11 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12643 battles
  • [IRMA]
Not keen if I'm honest went for tickets and swede ended up with kv5 which was worth all the missions sweede gets mashed easy and I find the auto loader kinda confusing and it's has the structural integrity of a paper bag sticking with my big sentinel in that tier much more reliable 

CreamyWhip #12 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21412 battles
  • [WPS]

The lack of armour and autoloader play stye I can manage. The being tall with poor gun depression is what catches me out. It limits what you can do with a tank which should be able to do such things.

I still suspect it's not as bad as it feels. The wotbstars EU average WR is currently 59% (and highest average damage in tier). Not worth 5k gold though when there are alternatives.

Edit: as for spending gold on the lottery...

No

Edited by CreamyWhip, 11 January 2017 - 05:25 PM.

1OOJA #13 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7631 battles
  • [ALBAC]

It was totally worth the grind if you ask me, but is it worth the gold?

-nope not at all 

I used to hate this tank but now I actually really really like this tank and for some odd reason it's not cursed. :great:

Edited by 1OOJA, 11 January 2017 - 06:15 PM.

SkippyThBlitzKanguru #14 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14299 battles
  • [_VLNT]

You are extremely unlikely get anything but premium and silver now. Every report Ive heard in the last few days has said the same thing.

No tanks left in the crates, just perm time and silver.... so if you already have spare of those and you have the money burning a hole in your pocket, the tank is a better deal.

But... its not great, not bad, but not great. Its vanilla. Ive had some fun games and some bad games. Its... different. And different can be great as well.

I'm a kangaroo!

Ungluff #15 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12716 battles
  • [ON]
It's just okay. Too slow and bad armour but it puts out some useful damage. I've had a few 3 kill battles with it but noting more.

joriskiller #16 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3964 battles
  • [A60]

View Poststubbo66, on 11 January 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

For it's tier, 5400 gold is over full price, but guaranteed if it ever went on offer again in the future it would be bundled with more gold and premium time and cost you even more than that. So if you like the idea of a premium auto loader at tier VI, then go for it.

I've only had one game in it so far (4 kills/survived) but through the tank was OK. I'll play it properly after I finish some other challenges I've set myself.

It has no armour so needs to be a peek a boom tank, but it's not a good ridge fighter. But if you can team up with another Steve, then you can wreck isolated tanks pretty quickly. It does 480 damage in 4 seconds....but then you need to get the hell out of dodge for 13.3 seconds while you reload the clip, which isn't completely horrible.

Remember, premium doesn't mean the tanks are in any way superior to other tanks available, just that they have a premium earnings coefficient so they make more credits and XP for you. So it will only ever be an OK tank. That does mean you can afford to use premo though, so makes it more effective.

Checkout sk8's You Tube video....

I'd get one, but then again I get every tank available so that doesn't help.

For that much gold though, if you go to the fair and buy crates 10 at a time, you'll get a whole heap of premium tanks, so arguably if you are going to spend money, you'll get much better value that way. However, don't expect to get higher tier tanks. Most will be tier 3 or 4 at best, you might get lucky and get something better.

If you had the other tanks on offer already, I'd say yeah, go for it. On balance I think you'd get better vale getting crates if I'm honest.

i've already got the E-25, FCM, pz IIJ and the angry connor

GreenOmar #17 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13470 battles
  • [REQ_]

I'll be honest and say it's not a noob friendly tank.

The gun depression and even elevation annoys me and I find it tricky to play at times. You also have to adapt your play style to the autoloader, because if you travel with other meds on the front lines you can and will get destroyed. 

But as a tank with a different play style  (not significantly mind you) to other tanks at the tier and in the game at present, it can be enjoyable.

See you Space cowboy...

Titus_Scato #18 Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26831 battles
  • [1RTR]

It's worth it if you are desperate to be different from others, or desperate to have the first Swedish tank in your collection.

If you couldn't care less about being an early Swede, then wait for 9-12 months, until the Swedish tech tree arrives.  The Strv 74 in the Swedish tech tree will be much better than this Franco-Swedish hybrid version (except in credit-making of course.)

Edited by Titus_Scato, 11 January 2017 - 07:16 PM.

HughDomfok #19 Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27647 battles
  • [VG]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 11 January 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

The Strv 74 in the Swedish tech tree will be much better than this Franco-Swedish hybrid version (except in credit-making of course.)

Remember that you said the same about Type 62 during its 1st release.

Instead it got buffed to overpoweredness, and the dragon paint(for which i rejected it) became removable. 

The Type doesn't have drawbacks now, i really doubt they will make wz131 even better.

Who knows, maybe they will make this little turd good too? :trollface:

:deer:

IrmaBecx #20 Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 13922 battles
  • [IRMA]
Well, I've seen Circon do some amazing things with the tech tree Strv 74, but that's supposing we will ever get a Swedish tech tree. As the Prem tank has a WG flag and not a Swedish flag, I'm very sceptical. 

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

"LÖWE BUFF? WE'RE NOT AGAINST IT..." - Löwe Appreciation Society

Also tagged with Srtidsvagn, Gold, Premium, Tank, Worth it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users