And so it begins...

mods cheating XVM

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Epicone1999 #1 Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12001 battles

And so it begins, although it may not go far, mods are the one way to cheat in world of tanks.

Now the subject has been discussed in the past, when the game was only available for mobile devices and some tablets such as the implementation of XVM which I would despise to have in Blitz. However, as I was wandering around on the Steam forums for the game I came across this website which has some really cool mods for Blitz.

But as I explored more of the website I came across this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As far as things go not alot of people know about this website, at the very best its only going to be 500 people (with a bit of exaggeration) however, as Blitz becomes more popular I suspect that more people will start to recognize this website and use it to gain advantages in battles.

So I've got one question in mind, when will WarGaming start to take notice of this and start to do anything about it? As far as the PC version goes it took them 5 YEARS to start doing anything about it! And god knows what other mods there could be in the future.

I'm afraid that by the point WG start to take note and fix things, it'll be too late...

Edited by Epicone1999, 14 January 2017 - 07:13 PM.

"I'll guarantee all players on here get called a noob, get told to delete the game, etc. etc. even when carrying the team because some people just expect you to be mind readers and to support their yolo charge, their side on defensive position and need someone else to blame for their poor performance." -Stubbo66

Black Swan appreciates being part of

will85 #2 Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10231 battles
  • [PINK]
Yo. Please don't post a link to that because people will use it. Thanks
What's my next move? 

superturbospecial #3 Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles
Hit zones-skins are not very serious cheats as you normally only have a very short time to aim and have a very limited area of the target to shoot at. Even if you hit the ammorack or the engine you still need some luck to actually blow it up or start a fire.

Edited by superturbospecial, 14 January 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Bläääää.....

will85 #4 Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10231 battles
  • [PINK]

View Postsuperturbospecial, on 14 January 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Hit zones-skins are not very serious cheats as you normally only have a very short time to aim and have a very limited area of the target to shoot at. Even if you hit the ammorack or the engine you still need some luck to actually blow it up or start a fire.

maybe not the most serious of cheats, but it's till cheating. Players that use this deserve punishment 
What's my next move? 

Epicone1999 #5 Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12001 battles

View Postwill85, on 14 January 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

Yo. Please don't post a link to that because people will use it. Thanks

Thanks, will try and acknowledge in future threads and posts...

"I'll guarantee all players on here get called a noob, get told to delete the game, etc. etc. even when carrying the team because some people just expect you to be mind readers and to support their yolo charge, their side on defensive position and need someone else to blame for their poor performance." -Stubbo66

will85 #6 Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10231 battles
  • [PINK]

View PostEpicone1999, on 14 January 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Thanks, will try and acknowledge in future threads and posts...

thanks for deleting the link :) 
What's my next move? 

Epicone1999 #7 Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12001 battles

As stated on an NA or ASIA thread somewhere, you can use mods however, cannot use mods that give one player a certain advantage over another player.

Dassem_ #8 Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26726 battles
  • [AFK]
its these things that make me a bit happy we dont have a replay system in blitz. At least now, when we see a blitz video, we know what we see is exactly what the person playing was seeing.

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

superturbospecial #9 Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View PostEpicone1999, on 14 January 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

As stated on an NA or ASIA thread somewhere, you can use mods however, cannot use mods that give one player a certain advantage over another player.

True, but I don't think this type of "cheats" are anything to be overly concerned about.
Bläääää.....

Dassem_ #10 Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26726 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsuperturbospecial, on 14 January 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

True, but I don't think this type of "cheats" are anything to be overly concerned about.

they annoy me, because i dont want to use any mods, but i could really use some assistance pointing out modules. The only modules I can say I can reliably identify on all tanks, are the drivewheels and the gun. If other nubs get help and I dont, its not fair.

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

jonty_2014 #11 Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 55511 battles
  • [EMRS]
A fancy distraction... the chances of module damage or crew injury are slim, and a lot of the locations are similar across different tanks... and while the fancy markings are correct when looking straight on, shooting them from a 45 degree (or similar) angle could well lead to a complete miss of the target and/or a bounce...

Noob_Tank_C0mmander #12 Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17614 battles
  • [BWC]

Hit zones-skins are not very serious cheats 

LoL ok. :confused:

superturbospecial #13 Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50 battles

View PostNoob_Tank_C0mmander, on 14 January 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

LoL ok. :confused:

Compare with aimbots for example.....
Bläääää.....

kinghades42 #14 Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20165 battles
  • [IRMA]
Hitskin mods are a form of cheating, they give an unfair advantage to those who use them. Its not fair if one person goes out to learn the locations and another guy downloads a mod like this and just has everything marked off for him. If you have the flat side of a KV4, theres a big difference between shooting for his ammo rack or his fuel tanks or just shooting anywhere on the side. It is cheating, simple as that.

Proud Deputy Leader of IRMA!

TwistedTransistor #15 Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24448 battles
  • [AFK]
The positions of the modules should be implemented in the game in tank overview window. It would not only help to easier learn its position within specific tier (if somebody plays a lot) but also improve the defence. Cheating was always existing and it will. People are simply too lazy.

onlypainhurts #16 Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30301 battles
  • [XFIRE]

View PostTwistedTransistor, on 15 January 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

The positions of the modules should be implemented in the game in tank overview window. It would not only help to easier learn its position within specific tier (if somebody plays a lot) but also improve the defence. Cheating was always existing and it will. People are simply too lazy.

Doesn't mean that WG shouldn't take steps to stop the cheating.    If they think the community is toxic now just wait until they ignore cheating for awhile.  Especially now that they are pushing tournaments and clan wars they community will quickly turn on WG if they make a concerted effort to stem the tide of cheating.

"Oderint dum Metuant"

unkindest #17 Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40314 battles
  • [PHNX]

The location of the modules or crew is pretty standard for every tank. As tanks are build with the same principal scheme: hull with engine and tracks, turret with crew. On top of that there are plenty of sites and apps which show you where they are located. Most importantly: NONE of them give advantage to a player. Of course, if you learn them by heart, your efficiency will be slightly better. But only slightly. 

The thing with modules and crew is this: too many factors affect their damage. Crew/module has hit points, probability of hitting it, probability of dodging the shot and the location. But the location is the most tricky part. What you see on the picture above is flat 2D image on the surface of the tank, when the module/crew is located inside the tank, but in 3D space and has certain shape. The shapes of the modules you see in apps/sites are very approximate. For example: you see the module has a shape of the brick, when in fact it's a sphere or a pyramid. That is done for several reasons: the exact location and shape is intellectual property of the company and will never be disclosed; the exact location and shape are secret so that no one has advantage.

Such skins are not and never were forbidden on WoT PC and Blitz (RU server), but this IS what forbidden everywhere (even though they do not show the exact shape and location):

Epicone1999 #18 Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12001 battles

View Postunkindest, on 15 January 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

The location of the modules or crew is pretty standard for every tank. As tanks are build with the same principal scheme: hull with engine and tracks, turret with crew. On top of that there are plenty of sites and apps which show you where they are located. Most importantly: NONE of them give advantage to a player. Of course, if you learn them by heart, your efficiency will be slightly better. But only slightly. 

The thing with modules and crew is this: too many factors affect their damage. Crew/module has hit points, probability of hitting it, probability of dodging the shot and the location. But the location is the most tricky part. What you see on the picture above is flat 2D image on the surface of the tank, when the module/crew is located inside the tank, but in 3D space and has certain shape. The shapes of the modules you see in apps/sites are very approximate. For example: you see the module has a shape of the brick, when in fact it's a sphere or a pyramid. That is done for several reasons: the exact location and shape is intellectual property of the company and will never be disclosed; the exact location and shape are secret so that no one has advantage.

Such skins are not and never were forbidden on WoT PC and Blitz (RU server), but this IS what forbidden everywhere (even though they do not show the exact shape and location):

I'm sorry Unkindest but I fail to see a massive difference between the 3D model and the 2D hit-skin. One is just more accurate than the other, but the point still stands. They are identicle (in my head) as it gives a distinct advantage to certain players who use this modification and as such, should be a banable/punishable offense as stated clearly in the EULA/game rules.

Cancracker #19 Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 54691 battles
  • [COBRA]
You don't even need the exact location as it's impossible to hit consistently due to the game mechanics. So a 2d image is enough to aim in the right direction. What it hits however is decided on the Wargaming server. So it really does improve you're chances slightly as a team but when fighting one on one it could prove decisive. 

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

stefan243546 #20 Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32792 battles
  • [-OD-]
Don't worry about this, I use that site a lot to get hangar mods and the hitskins haven't been updated since long ago.

~MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL~

Proud owner of KpfPz 70 as the place 373:)

Also tagged with mods, cheating, XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users