Pro League Blitz LGN RA1D CW Clans Tournaments

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

RA1D_R1B_ #41 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39600 battles
  • [RA1D]
Guys, dont worry. They are great people behind and they know what they are doing...if you have some serious question im still here. For all other guys please leave this thread if your not interessed to participate. Thank you

Sayten_LGN #42 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16825 battles
  • [LGN]

View Post___R1B___, on 31 January 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

Guys, dont worry. They are great people behind and they know what they are doing...if you have some serious question im still here. For all other guys please leave this thread if your not interessed to participate. Thank you

+1

UE_10 #43 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46077 battles
  • [HABDA]

View PostEdurace, on 31 January 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

Unless nobody interested to make your life mserable, you can do whatever you can.... but there will be real haters, not me... thats how I end posting here.

Haters gonna hate, now take my advice and buy these:

Attached Files

• Attached File   some-people-need-this_o_4244753.jpg   36.42K

hson_hson #44 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles

View Post___R1B___, on 01 February 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

There is a big difference beetween lottery and tournament, donate. If i want i can get tomorrow out of the street and give people money, i dont need a license for it. 

I don't want to be a party pooper, but in many countries, even if there is some skill involved any induced "chance"( read RNG) will classify it as a lottery and require a lottery permission how absurd it may sound.

Yes, you can go out on the street and give anyone you like money, but as soon as you link the payment to a performance in a competition it is no longer considered a gift...

Having said that, I commend you on this initiative, great for the community.

Edited by hson_hson, 31 January 2017 - 11:26 PM.

UE_10 #45 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46077 battles
  • [HABDA]

View PostEdurace, on 31 January 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

maybe, because you are so team dependent or I just dont care, I even counted when victories when you were on my team, because you were useless... :trollface: ... not always... 

Wow, I love how people say that another person is better then another because a team was worse or better. I'm in LGN and your in IRMA, that just sums up how good you are and how terrible I am in game :sceptic: anywho carry on whining like always on the forums, I'll have a laugh. Cyas 

Blast_LGN #46 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27230 battles
  • [LGN]

View Posthson_hson, on 31 January 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

I don't want to be a party pooper, but in many countries, even if there is some skill involved any induced "chance"( read RNG) will classify it as a lottery and require a lottery permission how absurd it may sound.

Yes, you can go out on the street and give anyone you like money, but as soon as you link the payment to a performance in a competition it is no longer considered a gift...

Having said that, I commend you on this initiative, great for the community.

View PostBlast_44, on 31 January 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

Hello friendly forumer! I realise that your intentions here are all well meaning, and rest assured your philanthropic plethora of legal advice has been greatly appreciated by all of us hoping to participate in this tournament, like so many other previous tournaments in Blitz! I must say, since you correctly inferred that we are "kids", I already consider myself thoroughly well acquainted with the current EULA rules regarding age - especially since unkindest, in a similar act of ungrudging generosity, kindly posted here, amongst other things such as tomas' ability to read and comprehend, the specific EULA guidelines. 

Therefore it truely saddens me to tell you that I suspect, despite your unstinting munificence, your advisory efforts will be, alas, in vain! My reason being that WG have already contacted the sponsor of the event, and are fully aware of it. Furthermore, I believe that the tax officials you speak of will be similarly disinterested with this event as with the other money giveaways that have occurred in this game. 

There is one thing I would like to ask of you, since I am less informed about the details of your "business" with The Gambling Act 2005. I found the website from which you copied and pasted the quoted paragraph on rules and I was left rather confused. Indubitably, I need an expert's advice - if not a unicum in game you surely have purple stats with this field of work ;)  

Is the competition free to enter?

If a competition does not satisfy the skill requirement, it will be a lottery unless either no payment is required to participate in the competition (whether this is to enter the competition, or to find out if you have won, or to collect a prize) or there is an alternative free entry route. It is irrelevant whether the payment benefits the person running the competition or someone else, e.g. a telecoms company providing the premium-rate telephone number used to participate in the competition.

This text seems contrary to your previous advice, as it would seem that since there is absolutely no entrance fee, this does not qualify as a lottery? I also found interesting information on what would qualify as a level of skill: 

Section 14(5) of the Gambling Act 2005 sets a minimum standard of sorts:

A process which requires persons to exercise skill or judgment or to display knowledge shall be treated for the purposes of this section as relying wholly on chance if - (a) the requirement cannot reasonably be expected to prevent a significant proportion of persons who participate in the arrangement of which the process forms part from receiving a prize, and (b) the requirement cannot reasonably be expected to prevent a significant proportion of persons who wish to participate in that arrangement from doing so.

After looking through examples of what would class as an exercise bases on skill/judgement, I'm pretty sure Blitz qualifies anyway.

U wot m8?

hson_hson #47 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
Yes, I read that, but that's the gambling act of U.K., there are a bit more countries possibly involved in this...

Blast_LGN #48 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27230 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostEdurace, on 31 January 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

Do you really think I am in a mood to talk seriously? 

After 5000 forum posts, I take everything you say seriously!

U wot m8?

Tomas_LGN #49 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29345 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostEdurace, on 31 January 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

Ok, the main line is that you cant operate like an unregistered business offering some prize money so officially. If you have some WG approvement, then add it somewhere to the open post and we will all be happy. Dont really hate you guys, not my case. 

We asked WG before about making a tournamnet and they said they were ok with it and were willing to sponsor some prizes, but in the end we decided we wouldn't ask them for rewards as they wouldn't be very good judging by last tournaments and we found someone who was willing to sponsor it so we went with it. But ok, even if it was 'Illegeal" (which i believe its not, because as blasts post said: its not a lottery when entry said free) then what can anyone really do about it? Is someone from for example Germany or Greece going to sue us? How, and who? They dont even know the names of the people organising it or have any means of doing it or a reason for that matter, so why? 

LGN for Life

Discord server invite: https://discord.gg/HHNuXqq

RA1D_R1B_ #50 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39600 battles
  • [RA1D]
Edurace ,pls. Be friendly and let if be. I organisated before auso events and spend it from my own money. I really dont know whats your problem. If your interessed to participate its ok, send a mail and everything is good. If not leave the thread. We talket a lot with WG before about prozes and other things. So thank you for beeing here.

RA1D_R1B_ #51 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39600 battles
  • [RA1D]
Please leave the thread like i said before. Thank you.

Blast_LGN #52 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27230 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostEdurace, on 31 January 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

read between the lines, that for your own experience - playing for money is bad, irritate opponents with good manners or banter is good

Edurace, are you this mysterious good mannered, irritated opponent you speak of? 

U wot m8?

RA1D_R1B_ #53 Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39600 battles
  • [RA1D]
Guys, pls ignore the Troll. Thanks

Just_merpug #54 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 60876 battles
  • [AFK]
Gosh. So much vitriol. Why?

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Dassem_ #55 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32829 battles
  • [AFK]

well, much as i dread stepping in this topic...

1st: awsome initiative! i applude it! :great:

2nd: i hope youre not getting yourselves into any trouble. Living in a european non-eu country with very strict laws on anything with money prizes, i can say for sure this is a bit of a legal minefield. ill get back to this...

3rd: most likely, even should you trespass any law, you will slip under the radar. Unless youre unlucky.

To give an example from my country:

- Skill/chance games like poker are illegal to play for money. Not just to host or arrange, but to participate. The laws of my country apply to me, even if im abroad. Now ofc blitz has a greater part of skill vs chance than poker, but the legislation in my country does not tolerate much chance at all, if any.

- as for arranging such a game in my country, it would be impossible. Chance games for money is only allowed by the government itself. Even advertising/marketing anything related to money games is illegal in here, also for foreign internet sites.

So, i wish you the best of luck, but i also strongly advice to investigate the legality in your endevour.As i said, most likely it wont be registered by the official even, but then again, sometimes they leap on to something to make an example...

Check out The Dassem Channel

Blast_LGN #56 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27230 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostEdurace, on 31 January 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

Not mannered but with 7 MSc and and one PhD degree from 7 universities, with 3 in top 25. Are we on the same level of understanding? 

No! I am of an inferior level of understanding, as you have made quite clear! I am merely a 15 year old child, who is infinitely impressed by your sesquipedalian legal jargon and many PhD degrees! May I ask why such a successful businessman as yourself would bother conversing with such uneducated inferiors of the Blitz community?

U wot m8?

Fist_Of_Barrymore #57 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 64265 battles
  • [49DIV]
Nobody wants ¥5? Crikey, how surprising. Well, it was a play on words, a group of Judith Chalmers photographs. Or a bunch of charmers. Rarely have I encountered such...

_G0D_ #58 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8326 battles

View PostEdurace, on 01 February 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

you are? Tell us more! Will talk about the game to Victor in Barcelona if make that trip.

Dude all players & Clans will ignore you .. we dont have time for you.

do what you want no one care about you. 

This is the last message from me. 

I dont have time to wasted on you. 

By the way send my regards to Mr. Victor.

Edited by _G0D_, 01 February 2017 - 12:16 AM.

Be Polite Be Professional. God Clan One of the best clans in da world.

.'. Proud To Be a Freemason .'.

.'. SMIB .'.

Tomas_LGN #59 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29345 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostEdurace, on 01 February 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

Disclaimer: they will probably use it to own you in everything....

Lol who will, and how? Don't know what you're talking about there ^

LGN for Life

Tomas_LGN #60 Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29345 battles
  • [LGN]

View PostEdurace, on 01 February 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Mayby I am tomas or engy, that test you! :facepalm:

Ah so you're just trolling now. That's fine lol, trolling is ok ;) We don't discriminate against trollling here :)

LGN for Life

Also tagged with Pro League, Blitz, LGN, RA1D, CW, Clans, Tournaments

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users