Crew Mastery %. How do you increase it?

Crew Mastery

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Therockman66 #1 Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20579 battles
When you're trying to get your crew mastery up to 100%.

Sometimes I survive, I'm on the victorious team, I've destroyed other tanks, I get a huge score, I win medals..........and yet the crew mastery % doesn't change. It stays stuck 89% or whatever.

My question is why? What is it that actually increases your crew mastery %, if it isn't winning battles, destroying tanks, getting big scores and winning medals?

I found the Russian MT-25 and British Cromwell particularly slow to increase the crew mastery. It took a lot longer with those tanks than others in my garage.

Pururut #2 Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23693 battles
  • [1RTR_]
I guess wg applies the same mechanic across their titles.My guess would be exp earned at the end of a battle.Play well and it will reach %100 in a shorter time.Dont know if premium acount or first win of the day has any effect on it.
I am retired you hola vass!

Therockman66 #3 Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20579 battles
I would have thought that, but sometimes it doesn't make any sense. One battle recently, I destroyed 4 other tanks, was the highest scorer on my team with about 1500 points, won 4 medals, survived the battle and our team won. Still the crew mastery didn't go up. I just don't get it sometimes. There must be something I haven't thought of.

The_Mighty_Wombat #4 Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38428 battles
  • [-GNA-]

It is XP based from each battle.

go to battle results

details

XP tab.

blue stars are tank xp for moduals and grinding tanks

orange stars are for free xp

green stars are for crew xp.

once crews at 100%, this green xp goes into crew perks for the class of tank your driving.

higher tiers also require more crew xp per % and can make it look like its not moving.

and yes, premium account does increase crew xp and other xp. Also see details XP tab

xp earned can be increase by things like

damaging moduals or ammo racks

setting vehicles on fire

capping bases or resetting caps

spotting for the team, etc

dont just look at damage and kills.

xp is also what mastery badges are based on.

so its a good idea to learn how to get the most xp in a battle.

Edited by Dans79Vet, 16 February 2017 - 11:41 PM.

Therockman66 #5 Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20579 battles
Excellent answer Dans79Vet. Thanks.

Penguin4T5 #6 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1550 battles
  • [W-T]

Also, note that tiers up have exponentially increasing amounts of crew XP needed. At Tier II you could do that 100% from 75% in a couple of half decent battles whereas you'll need probably around 50 or more good games for a Tier VII (my highest - don't remember how many T-43 battles yet tho and its around 100% from 75%). Please note that both values were mere guesses, but I'm fairly sure they will give the idea. 

You have 3.7k battles, I'd presume you have at least a Tier 8 maybe, unless you almost never play and you grind slowly to not rush. That would require a good deal of good battles to get from 75% to 100% (I always do it with credits straight to 75% and thats advisable) so it's quite easy to find that number doesn't move especially at Tier 5-6 onwards, and most likely at Tier 10. Hope that helped!

Oh and Combat XP, Free XP and Crew XP are different. Crew XP is earned from battles like the other types and is about the same as the value of Combat XP earned, excluding specials. This crew xp, and this only, goes into the crew mastery, but you can accelerate by spending Free XP at the rate of 1 free XP = 2 Crew XP. Unadvisable, Free XP would rather be used for hard module grinds.

Therockman66 #7 Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20579 battles
Another great answer Penguin4T5. Thanks. I've learnt a lot from these answers, particularly about the different types of XP. As I mentioned before, I noticed it particularly badly with the MT-25 and Cromwell tanks - both tier VI, which is the highest level I've got. Apart from those two, I've also got six other tier VI tanks - and the others just seemed to progress to 100% faster than those two. Maybe it was my imagination. Anyway, I now realise it takes longer to rack up the required points, the higher the tier tank you go, and also for the skills training once a tank is at 100%.

Regarding the rest of my garage, I have a selection from all tiers, 21 tanks in total. 6x USA, 6x German, 6x Russian and 3x Brit. I have researched the LTTB tier VII tank, but I just haven't bought it yet. Haven't got enough points racked up for any other tier 7 yet. Still getting a couple up to 100% and researching crew skills with the others and lower tier tanks. Generally play each tank once per session while the x2 points are available.

Penguin4T5 #8 Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1550 battles
  • [W-T]

View PostTherockman66, on 19 February 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

Another great answer Penguin4T5. Thanks. I've learnt a lot from these answers, particularly about the different types of XP. As I mentioned before, I noticed it particularly badly with the MT-25 and Cromwell tanks - both tier VI, which is the highest level I've got. Apart from those two, I've also got six other tier VI tanks - and the others just seemed to progress to 100% faster than those two. Maybe it was my imagination. Anyway, I now realise it takes longer to rack up the required points, the higher the tier tank you go, and also for the skills training once a tank is at 100%.

Regarding the rest of my garage, I have a selection from all tiers, 21 tanks in total. 6x USA, 6x German, 6x Russian and 3x Brit. I have researched the LTTB tier VII tank, but I just haven't bought it yet. Haven't got enough points racked up for any other tier 7 yet. Still getting a couple up to 100% and researching crew skills with the others and lower tier tanks. Generally play each tank once per session while the x2 points are available.

Hmm. Are you sure you play well enough in the MT25 and Cromwell? xD (joking) That garage is nice, and thanks, I'm here to help when I can! 

hson_hson #9 Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30342 battles
  • [VLNT]

I'm not sure if the numbers in this table still are correct but they give an indication on how much xp you need to get from 50 to 100%

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/6139-crew-training-costs/

Experience to get 100% crew skill:

• tier 2: 2700 
  • tier 3: 7600
  • tier 4: 18300
  • tier 5: 36000
  • tier 6: 83000
  • tier 7: 139000
  • tier 8: 250000
  • tier 9: 455000
  • tier 10: 540000

Migerion #10 Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42169 battles
  • [_VLNT]

Hi all,

I have a question, why there is the same price, when I have 50 or 75 or even 99% crew skill and I would like to master it for gold?

Especially it is a bit disappointing, when you spend a lot of time and energy to get these 99% and still the price for mastering is the same (ex: 1000 gold)

Thanks,

Mig

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_Red_Shirt_ #11 Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41147 battles
  • [O-U-T]
My advice, to minimize the number of battles needed for grinding: wait for the 2x bonus to reset and install boosters if you have any. PlAy until you win a battle, then leave that tank alone until the next reset. Also, see which mission gives you exp and use the tank you're grinding to accomplish that mission, if possible...

Also tagged with Crew, Mastery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users