• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Amaunet85 #1 Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 27575 battles
  • [-GNA-]

POPULAR

I've often thought about posting up my blog on the forum directly. I don't usually do that, because I want to be able to say what I want to say, uncensored. However, I think I'll make an exception with this one mostly because I feel I'm hitting the mark here, and several people have told me I should after they read it.

-----

Over the last couple of months, things have gotten more and more expensive in the game. I’m not talking about the premium time, the standard bundles or the regular gold bundles. Those are all still the same prices – except for in the UK, that recently saw an increase in prices, but that’s to do with the appstore, not WG. #IblameBrexit

But the new premium tanks we see in the game cost more and more, both in gold and in money. Most recently we got a grind mission where, of course, you could (technically) get two tanks for free. Even if you didn’t miss a single mission reset, that was hard enough for one, let alone both. Both were pretty looking tanks with a fancy dragon painted on them, so, for collectors of must-have’s like myself, a definite must have.

But, if you didn’t do a single mission, the Glacial, a tier 8 heavy tank similar to the is6 with stronger frontal armour and weaker rest-of-the-tank-armour, would cost you around 15k gold, which is twice the price of an is6, and the Blaze, a tier 7 very lightly armoured tank destroyer, would cost you around 13k gold. So a bit way much overpriced.

Aside from that we’ve been getting these absolutely amazing offers in game, like how we can get 6.5 million credits (credits, not gold) for the amazing price of 38 euro. Yes. A thing you can get for free with around 90 battles in the Löwe (for example), you can get for 38 euro. The offer would come up when you’ve grinded enough xp for a tier X, even if you already had enough credits to buy it. Or 200k free xp for 45 euro. Amazing. Of course, the latter is meant for people that have no xp on prem tanks to convert, but still, imo, the price is nuts.

Then there’s the crates. We’ve had a few lottery type events now, where you can buy crates with mission-earned tickets, gold or real money, depending on the event. This doesn’t mean you’ll get something epic. It means you have the chance of possibly getting something epic, or you can get absolutely nothing. Chances don’t increase the more crates you open, the chance of getting something awesome starts anew every time you open a crate, so it’s very easy to not get anything worthwhile.

A clanmate of mine got about every single premium tank in the crates around New Year’s (Type 59, IS3 Defender, T34 Independence, T34-85 Victory, the Schmalturm, and quite a few more), spending no money on it whatsoever, just tickets he earned, whereas I did spend money, and mission-earned tickets, and the only epic thing I got was a Victory. I have those other tanks (and had the Victory as well at that), so I’m not salty about that, but I don’t think it’s in any way fair that it’s so easy to just get absolutely nada from crates. Especially if you think about the kids that just got some money for Christmas, hope they’re lucky to get a high tier premium tank they could never ever afford to get otherwise, and that end up getting just some very useless things. It just feels like another attempt of WG to take my/our money without giving much of anything in return.

But now, WG has thought of another way to make us very poor very quickly. Last update, we got the ability to make our tanks premium. For an x-amount of gold, you can make certain tanks premium for 14 days, or if you really have too much money/gold, you can make them premium forever. Wargaming calls this thing “Vehicle enrichment”.

The 14 days "enrichment" is available for tiers V-X and costs 2,200 gold for tier V, 2,600 for tier VI, 3,000 for tier VII, 3,200 for tier VIII, 3,400 for tier IX and a whole 4k for tier X. Just to compare, you can also convert 4,000 gold to 1,600,000 credits without having to drive a single battle. Considering that most tier X tanks will just lose less money with this ‘enrichment’ rather than earn you loads, converting might just be the better way to go.

Now the other possibility with this “enrichment” is turning a tank into a premium tank – earnings wise at least – forever. This will, of course, cost you more gold, and the tank you enrich can still be nerfed or “rebalanced” in the future because it’s not really a premium tank. For some tanks, I thought that might be interesting – like the E5 or the STB, especially since they’re both very costly to drive since we got the new profitability last year, and they’re both tanks that I enjoy driving loads.

But this feature isn’t available for all tanks, only for specific tanks. And it costs about an arm and a leg, and a kidney to boot. There’s a list in the news of which tank costs what – it differs per tier and per tank – but as an example I’ll name the STA-1 (tier VIII Japanese med) because it has a nice round number. The price to “enrich” this tank forever is 20k gold. That’s the same amount of gold you need to buy 2.666667 IS-6 tanks. Buying the gold in order to do this will cost you 70 euro.

I’m pretty sure all players left and right are swooning with this excellent effort of WG to woe us into loving them even more. Who wouldn’t pay 70 euro to have a normal tank that can still be nerfed earn more credits? Absolute steal, that. Only problem is that the only thing it actually enriches is Wargaming itself.

With premium account you know that any amount of xp and credits you get is “enriched” (I’m so going to use that word a lot with regards to this game now) by factor 1.5. For the STA-1, you’d earn 67% more credits per battle with the enrichment. It differs per tank how much of an increase they actually see. The Chi-Nu for instance only sees 27% more credits, whereas the SU-100M1 gets 90% more credits. So, depending on the tank you ‘enrich’ and if you have premium time too, that would be a pretty credit-penny.

The fact that every tank has its own price to “enrich”, and it’s own “enrichment” percentage, it just doesn’t seem fair to me. Premium time doesn’t cost or earn more or less per tank either. All the same, I don’t think many people with a brain will be using this utterly amazing offer. Me, myself, I’d much rather take a prem-tank of my choice out for a few extra spins to earn the extra credits, rather than spend that much money on a tank that can still be nerfed every which way.

I can fully understand that Wargaming does their best to get us to spend more money on the game – they’re a company after all, profit is what they’re about. But fact is that with making things more and more expensive, all they’re currently doing is making people more and more reluctant to actually spend money on the game, upto the point that it becomes a full out aversion to spending money on the game, or even to the game itself.

People feel cheated, ripped off, etc. And I can fully understand that a whole lot better than Wargaming’s greed. Between the grind missions being all but impossible, the tanks becoming more expensive as they get to the store, and the ridiculous “enrichment”, even I’m getting to the point where I just don’t want to spend any money on the game anymore and I’ve been a VIP member of the Gold Noob Association for well over two years now.

This trend of making things impossible and impossibly expensive started, for me, with the new profitability last year, and it’s still going. And I wonder how long it will take for Wargaming to realise that this is ruining their active community, and is driving people away rather than drawing them back into the game. I’ve seen quite a few people leave the game the last couple of months because of this greedy attitude, and the lack of respect Wargaming seems to have for its players.

Or worse – they could have already fully realised that it’s ruining their active community and decided not to give a * about it, as there will always be the new players and noobs that will still spend money on this game regardless of what the heart of the community thinks and feels.

I don’t want to believe that last bit, but it wouldn’t be the first time that Wargaming can call up numbers that support something that every player that is an actual part of the community and not just the game itself is against. But if these sorts of actions continue and no positive change comes, the future of Blitz the game might not be all too different, but the future of Blitz the community looks very bleak indeed.

Edited by Amaunet85, 23 March 2017 - 03:54 PM.

Wakanda__Forever #2 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23874 battles
  • [IMM0R]
I don't get it why people still feed WG after the M60 thingy... 

LordNibs9 #3 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9129 battles
  • [IRMA]
WG need to realise that we the players don't like a lot of the stuff they're doing. If they tailor the game to what we want, they'll make more money. It's basic marketing. Amaunet is also so right about the steadily increasing costs. It's just ridiculous. Enriching a tier 6 costs more than a tier 8 premium! (I think)
"Odi et amo. quare id faciam fortasse requiris.
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.'" Catullus 85 

Proud Member of IRMA :honoring:

Sir_erfan #4 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18552 battles

The bundles are being sold way too expensive.

I bought my KV-5 with 30 days of prem acc and a slot for 20$ .

Now the T54-proto is being sold as 35$ with the same conditions only with 2500 more gold .

15$  more for 2500 gold ???? And they say its 22% off.

The first time B2 was sold , it was 2$ , the last time it was sold as 9$ .

Edited by Sir_erfan, 23 March 2017 - 04:46 PM.

If every tank is OP , none is

llo1 #5 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24396 battles
  • [1RTR]

Thanks for the very clear explanation Amaunet85.

I think you have put into very eloquent words what most of us players are thinking, and without actually including words that might have detracted from the point.

I for one have not bought a premium tank for a while, not spent additional gold on anything, and only taken part in every competition, up to the point where I fail to achieve the mission reset rubbish times (life intrudes).

Hopefully WG might just actually read your blog, but I very much doubt it as current experience suggests that they do not read it so they can deny all knowledge of the content?

Thanks again.

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Dassem_ #6 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26834 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostComran_Wakili, on 23 March 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

I don't get it why people still feed WG after the M60 thingy... 

i got a free m60! ofc i keep feeding them!

:trollface:

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

Wakanda__Forever #7 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23874 battles
  • [IMM0R]
Nab ^^:child:

_Whoopzie #8 Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33955 battles
  • [LGN]

Saint Lord, I have finally seen a person who is not frustrated, scared or even frightened by saying this... And IMO everyone wanted to say this since the last update (someone probably even before), great respect to Dieu! 

Actually the weirdest thing about all this, in our, active professional community case, is that, honestly, besides reload timer and distance meter, as i think, WG haven't added anything to us! HELLO! We, professionals, STILL EXIST! They call those handless piles of meat who hang in your team just or some amount of HP the "main audience (players)" of this game. Really? One question. Did you forget your principals? "Everything for the community". So you think this kind of enrichment is respect to us? Chests with almost no valuables is respect to us? Some special in game activities like tournament system, where every 40% could register his own team, to fight for some "USEFUL" prizes is respect to us? I have personally wanted to leave this game few weeks ago, because I collected 30 usual chests for missions, opened'em all at the end, and guess what i got? Basically 100 battles with "boosted Crew XP, Free XP, Basic XP" and some piles of credits. Is that RESPECT? For 14 days of unstoppable playing of this game? Thanks a lot, no need in such things.

Well, enough about me... It's just my personal opinion 'bout all this stuff going on. But I bet that if WarGaming doesn't change their politic to us, active community members and people who really are LOYAL in this game (LOL about the case with M60, where "the reasons why some players got this tank are in secret". Every player already knows it was because of donations of some players in your gaming product. NOT A BIG SURPRISE TBH, was *so difficult* (sarcastic as hell) to understand WG's "secrets" heh) are just goin to get screwed up. I have such a feeling that you divide players into 2 groups: 1) moneybags who must donate to you; 2) useless scums who deserve only the stats they have and nothing more. 

As the conclusion would like to say that IMO WG should change their behavior to us particularly. This game lives because of skilled players. And if we leave this game, this "money robbing" will be over, because no1 would like to waste their money on a game where they can't compare themselves to any1, or improve themselves...

Edited by W8_4_WhoopZ, 24 March 2017 - 04:35 PM.

Dat boi — dem Super Unicum :D

The_Mighty_Wombat #9 Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33751 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Tank enrichment is not good for you as a player and just benefits WG. 

Lets break it down further as to why its not worth your gold to prem a tank.

First we take the T32, this has ~102% credit coefficient. So nothing special.

You spend 18,300 gold to prem it and increase credits by 53% 

Where you can spend 16,000 gold for a YEAR of premium account.

This gives you 1.5x credits and XP for ALL your tanks. (50% credit increase)

So boost one tanks credits by 53%  OR boost all tanks by 50% and their XP too?

Example two, the STA-1 used in Example

This tank already has a highish credit coefficient at ~125%

then for 20,000 gold you can increase it another 67% (one of the better boosts)

These increase bring it close to the earnings of Lowe or SuperPershing, some of the best earning premium tanks in the game. 

For 20,000 gold you can buy both those tanks or one and 180days premium account(1.5x credits and XP for all your tanks)

A Lowe on premium account prints credits.

20,000 gold can even buy you 8million credits, but Lowe is better.

So if the increase is less then 50% then premium account is better value.

Here are the percentage changes.

Brilliant idea ruined by serverly overpricing.

Second annoyance to me Is boosters.

These are the crappy consolation prize to make a fake economy.

Like when you visit a fair and play games and all you win is something that just goes in the bin.

This is linked with the "lost division" event.

I wanted the CDC and would of bought it outright if it was available, but you had to gamble at a chance.

Sorry , no tank, here have some boosters, they are worth something...

What about the poor kids that spend what little money they get and end up with nothing good.

Put the prizes on sale aswell as having a chance event, that is the fair way to do it.

Third annoyance to me is the two choice grind events.

They are completely mission reliant and the xp grind is easy and reduces costs by next to nothing.

Due to being so mission reliant, it is absolutely impossible to grind both prizes.

Reduce the tokens needed via missions and increase the XP requirement.

If a player works very hard they should be able to get both tanks.

The greed and lack of caring to the players shown by WG has put a hold on my spendings.

I think Black Friday is the only time they will have a chance to get money from me for now on.

Edited by Dans79Vet, 23 March 2017 - 05:40 PM.

llo1 #10 Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24396 battles
  • [1RTR]

I think Black Friday is the only time they will have a chance to get money from me for now on.

Really Dans79vet!

Up to now WG have not excelled in providing anything in the Black Friday sale that is remotely likely to tempt me away from my hard earned gold, or even harder earned cash!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

DeTajger #11 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17783 battles
  • [GNEIS]
I think the increase in prices is not something we should be surprised about, and that there will be more and more "useless" updates comming bringing more useless tanks and more pointless grinds. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to realise it but there hasn't been an update bringing a normal tech tree tank WITH good specs on it ever since the german lights came to being. (as long as you don't count the bias'd soviet light tanks I'm pretty sure that statement is true) 

romsitsa #12 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39359 battles
  • [VG]

It's a business. If you think it's overpriced, just don't buy it, spending less is way worse for a business then an annoyed online community.

A

Chairman_merpug #13 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34069 battles
  • [AFK]
I'll spend the odd shekel when I have it, but one of the huge benefits of Blitz is that I don't have to. I'm old enough to not believe that Wargaming owe me anything.
However, the increased monetization of all aspects of the game is creating a false environment, where players believe increasingly that paying will improve their abilities and get very frustrated when it doesn't. Also, because they don't understand and have less incentive to learn, they disrupt an increasing number of games by being effective non-participants.
The old saying about tax, that it's the art of extracting the maximum amount of milk for the minimum amount of moo, is something the company needs to think about. This thread is a moo from people who generally don't.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

LordNibs9 #14 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9129 battles
  • [IRMA]

View Postromsitsa, on 23 March 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

It's a business. If you think it's overpriced, just don't buy it, spending less is way worse for a business then an annoyed online community.

A

it's not just the costs that annoy people, it's the environment of spending people dislike: WG say buy this tank and you'll make a massive amount of credits and have good fun, but then make it cost way more than it had before. They also have made the grinds more frequent and more expensive. I joined the game as the KMM event was ending and very nearly completed it. With Halloween onwards, it's been MUCH harder, not to mention the fact that with the gold required to buy the blaze and 112, you could instead buy almost all the tier 8 premiums. It's stupid.
"Odi et amo. quare id faciam fortasse requiris.
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.'" Catullus 85 

Proud Member of IRMA :honoring:

Huwie_ #15 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36760 battles
  • [AFK]

Knock knock.

Huwie opens door

Some guy in a sharp suit standing there.

"Hello sir! Do You want to enter a lottery to maybe win a CDC tank? Tickets are only €30!!! And if you dont win the tank there are loads of other cool things like boosters"

"So is this for charity or something?"

"No, not for charity, we are a big corporation with offices across the world"

"So you want me to pay 30 bucks for some lottery tickets for a tank in a game, with all proceeds going to a big corporation?"

"err yea"

"Why dont you just sell me the tank, its not like they are in limited supply. It exists in code not in metal"

"Errr"

"Do you realise this is a form of gambling, and there are kids playing your game?"

"Errr... you can buy 1 ticket for €1.99..."

"Go away you scammer. And dont come back you madman"

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Hy! From Active Frontline Klan

romsitsa #16 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39359 battles
  • [VG]

View PostLordNibs9, on 23 March 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

With Halloween onwards, it's been MUCH harder, not to mention the fact that with the gold required to buy the blaze and 112, you could instead buy almost all the tier 8 premiums. It's stupid.

Maybe stupid, but it's business. I don't think Blitz will last for decades, so maybe I'd also try to maximize profits on the short run.

A

Edited by romsitsa, 23 March 2017 - 07:27 PM.

LoadAimFireRun #17 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27010 battles
  • [-ROP-]

@Amanuet; je hebt de irritaties van een deel van de gebruikers gemeenschap heel netjes verwoord; eerlijk gezegd vermoed ik dat het ze niet zoveel zal uitmaken.

I would have to agree with some of the comments made as well, most of the changes in the last years are made to accommodate paying newbies but no so much to help the "experiences players".

I have enormous respect to the clans organizing the  Pro League tournament and bringing us together this way. But seriously why did WG not organize this or agree the setup the next series .. guys come one this a marketeers dream given to you for free ... all of those paying newbies want to be playing like the guys and girls in the Pro League are ..

Psychovadge #18 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33821 battles
  • [VG]

When a CC as neutral, intelligent and friendly to WG over the whole period of Blitz as Amaunet has had enough of the blatant profiteering it should set alarm bells ringing in WG. For the rest of us it's been like this for ages, nothing will change, they will listen to nothing other than cold hard cash no longer coming in.

Stop spending money on WG. Just do it. Don't spend money on these utter clowns fine upstanding gentlemen.

Huwie_ #19 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36760 battles
  • [AFK]

Its like Wargaming Wonker and the Toglett Factory 

There are 6 golden crates hidden. 6 lucky players will get to drive CGC. 

You get lucky players who find golden crates

You get players who buy all the crates until they find one

But then you have the poor player who spends his birthday money his family scraped together to buy one crate. He sits in his bed shaking with excitement convinced that he will win. He opens the crate to find some shitty boosters that he gets for free. Ah well he says and starts to play his stock Ferdinand from 50%. The next day he is walking down the street and finds €2 in the gutter. He thinks to himself, will I buy some food for myself i havent had breakfast. Hmm no, one little crate. Once i get CDC my life will be complete. He gets a golden crate OMG!!!! CDC!!!! 

Turns out its an underpowered bag of shite and the poor player cries himself to sleep starving.

Wargaming Wonker and his Oompah loompas run away with all the money from all the players. 

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Hy! From Active Frontline Klan

Psychovadge #20 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33821 battles
  • [VG]
Well that made me laugh anyway ^^^^^^

Also tagged with blog, Wargaming, enrich, enrichment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users