Low tier hard carrier

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

romsitsa #21 Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46294 battles
  • [VG]

I know, but constant 100% is enough to carry.

A

Edited by romsitsa, 24 April 2017 - 12:46 PM.

VonPottypoop #22 Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19189 battles
  • [FTC-1]

To be honest I didn't care about win rate as long as I got some kills and a few wins to balance things out. I just didn't like platooning and I certainly didn't ask for advice or watch videos on YouTube etc. When I got up to tier9 by rushing it dawned on me that I was usually getting captured by a total lack of map awareness. I hadn't a clue what type of tank best suited me and above all I certainly didn't know how to use these tanks effectively. 

So I decided to read forums and take onboard good advice, I watched Bushka but I found him too technical so I started watching Sk8xtreme and he makes everything look simple and explains everything so clearly even a numpty like me got it.

i actually got rid of my bad luck tanks (around 15) and started to work with the same tanks I have on my kids account as it doesn't get used. Firstly I chose the Cromwell and watched Videos on YouTube about how to use it effectively. Simple things like hull down with its good depression. Firing and relocating or simply backing off for camo to reset etc. In towns I used to go in all guns blazing popping out at 90 degrees etc you know the suicide way..lol. Instead of moving round the sides often wide whilst watching the map and getting a shot off and relocating. This really does distract the red team!

I have nearly 6000 games more than you and I still are a noob that has loads to learn and a lot of catching up to do so what I am trying to say is Buddy. Yesterday you was saying you couldn't wait to get a tier 6 as your KV1 rocks and today the teams are pants in your Luchs etc.  All this in just 500 battles.It looks like a classic case of rushing and no matter how much you blame your team been a master of your tanks is the difference between winning more or rushing and been master of non.

Edited by VonPottypoop, 24 April 2017 - 06:50 PM.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Chairman_merpug #23 Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42245 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 24 April 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

To be honest I didn't care about win rate as long as I got some kills and a few wins to balance things out. I just didn't like platooning and I certainly didn't ask for advice or watch videos on YouTube etc. When I got up to tier9 by rushing it dawned on me that I was usually getting captured by a total lack of map awareness. I hadn't a clue what type of tank best suited me and above all I certainly didn't know how to use these tanks effectively. 

So I decided to read forums and take onboard good advice, I watched Bushka but I found him too technical so I started watching Sk8xtreme and he makes everything look simple and explains everything so clearly even a numpty like me got it.

i actually got rid of my bad luck tanks (around 15) and started to work with the same tanks I have on my kids account as it doesn't get used. Firstly I chose the Cromwell and watched Videos on YouTube about how to use it effectively. Simple things like hull down with its good depression. Firing and relocating or simply backing off for camo to reset etc. In towns I used to go in all guns blazing popping out at 90 degrees etc you know the suicide way..lol. Instead of moving round the sides often wide whilst watching the map and getting a shot off and relocating. This really does distract the red team!

I have nearly 6000 games more than you and I still are a noob that has loads to learn and a lot of catching up to do so what I am trying to say is Buddy. Yesterday you was saying you couldn't wait to get a tier 6 as your KV1 rocks and today the teams are pants in your Luchs etc.  All this in just 500 battles.It looks like a classic case of rushing and no matter how much you blame your team been a master of your tanks is the difference between winning more or rushing and been master of non.

Listen to da man, boi.

(that is the way young people talk, isn't it? Just trying to be "down with the kids", as they say)

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Maho_Umarekawatta #24 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10768 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Honestly i would listen to the great advice given to you. When i first started i rushed up teirs and carrying to me was being the last alive and winning. But 2000 battles later and lots of advice from amazing people in game and on the forum my advice is to stay low teir. Don't go for all tanks aced but at least 2nd / 1st class mastery focus on doing the same or more damage than your vehicles hit points this way you have been useful to your team. In a light tank aim to get the patrol duty medal and get high damage assistance this will be a huge benefit to the team instead of sitting at back sniping or yolo scouting to get the scout medal. Mediums should use their speed to flank or outmaneuver/out DPM the tanks and heavies should not be used as a sniper tank but to block damage for your team.

Hope this helps :) 

:sceptic:

Winston_Smith84 #25 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38728 battles
  • [BRIT6]
I concur with the advice given here. Back in the day i did the classic error of rushing up the tiers and ended up being annililated at tier x in the T110E5. Not been back since. I would rather learn at a slow and steady pace (mostly at tiers v and vi). It works out cheaper. There is a much more variety of tanks in the lower tiers too. Why rush? The tier vii to x tanks aren't going anywhere. As I explain to those yoloers on my team who die in the first few seconds by rushing all the reds, only fools rush in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users