Premium Tank special offers

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Precariat #1 Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

I'm begining to see quite regular special offers on premium tanks. Now I'm not interested in the higher tier ones, it will be a long while before I get above tier III even.

However I see there is an offer on a tier III tank that isn't usually available T-127

It looks like it might be worth it, anyone know how this one plays?

PS I'll probably use this thread to ask about other premium tank special offers. I couldn't find a thread catering towards new players that seems to deal with this.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

_NormanP_ #2 Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31147 battles
  • [ALBA]

It's a light tank, many of my clan are buying or thinking of buying it.

Play it like any other light tank I would say.

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

Everyone started out as a Noob, just taking me longer to grow up :)

Precariat #3 Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

I managed to find this thread from 2015. It suggests it's a nice tank and there isn't much at the low tiers. Might make learning the tier IV maps a bit more bearable. Be awhile before I use it anyway.

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/18663-t14-and-t-127-bundles-in-na-and-asia-in-a-eu-near-you-soon/page__hl__t-127#topmost

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

bel72 #4 Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46117 battles
  • [TRKL]
I feel it's more like a low alpha heavy, even if it's classed as a light. The front armour bounces quite a lot if angeled. It's slow compared to other russians at tier 3, so quick hit and runs are out of the question, T46 and Bt7 are better light tanks in my opinion.

chad_fantastic #5 Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12105 battles
  • [AFK]

It's more KV-1 than light tank really. In tier 3 it's got very good sloped armor and if you angle your tank (point the drive wheel at the red shooting at you) you'll bounce a mass of tier 3 guns and some tier 4. Mobility isn't as strong as other light tanks but it'll get around just fine. Gun alpha is low, RoF med/high and pen is decent but you'll need to load a good amount for tier 4's like Matilda and the french heavies.

I don't play it much I admit but it's remained competitive from the early days of the game and there's probably not a tank in the game that I've mastered as much as this one. 

But 9.99 is certainly showing the price creep WG is engaging in, 2.99 I got mine with a slot I think, there was a follow up bundle with slot, day of premium and 350 gold for 4.99. But 9.99 for only 2 extra days over that, no gold but 1.5mil credits? That's poor WG, very poor!

17ares #6 Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38142 battles
  • [101]
It is a good tank. I am a (sub)average player and I mastered it twice in about ten games. It is a relaxing tank  when you face tier 3 and 2. When you face dw2, matilda and hetzer you have to pay attention and spam prammo. A  good tank after all.

Precariat #7 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Post17ares, on 30 March 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

It is a good tank. I am a (sub)average player and I mastered it twice in about ten games. It is a relaxing tank when you face tier 3 and 2. When you face dw2, matilda and hetzer you have to pay attention and spam prammo. A good tank after all.

How many rounds of prammo would you suggest. I usually take about 10% of prammo and HE each but rarely use either on my other tanks

bel72 #8 Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46117 battles
  • [TRKL]
I've been running 50 AP, 50 APCR  and 3 HE, had a quick look through my masteries in this and in those nine games I've fired between 20 and 42 shots. Run it like a kv-1 and you'll do good, if you are after a true light, this is not it. The mastery bar on this is at times quiet low, my first Mastery was 1.8k dmg and the last one 840dmg. As for equipment, I've been running GLD, vents and binos, used optics for a while, but changed to binos to get an even greater advantage in endgame scenarios.

Edited by bel72, 30 March 2017 - 07:27 PM.

Deadly_Tank_Girl #9 Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 496 battles
  • [-J7-]

View PostPrecariat, on 29 March 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm begining to see quite regular special offers on premium tanks. Now I'm not interested in the higher tier ones, it will be a long while before I get above tier III even.

However I see there is an offer on a tier III tank that isn't usually available T-127

PS I'll probably use this thread to ask about other premium tank special offers. I couldn't find a thread catering towards new players that seems to deal with this.

My clan leader has it, is very happy with it, and keeps saying all of us should buy it. I myself haven't bought it...Yet ;) But just remember, most premiums are not better than their tech tree counterparts. Some are OP af though! It's a simple matter of just spend the money. 

Last thought, or rather a firm suggestion...DONT EVAH SELL PREMIUMS!!

Heliotrope_2016 #10 Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6584 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 29 March 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Hello Precariat

It just occurred to me that the Tier-4 Valentine II could be very useful for you now.  You'll have a higher chance of seeing maps other than Fort Despair, Copperfields and Mines than you'll have with T3 vehicles.  Because of special, preferential MM, you'll just see T3 or T4 tanks using the Valentine, so you won't have to worry about learning the strengths and weaknesses of T5 machines.  The Valentine also has excellent all round armour, a lot of HP, and is also pretty stealthy (being a light tank).  So you can explore maps in it without worrying to much about dying rapidly.  It's main fault is that it is lacking in the firepower department, so some more experienced players dismiss it as being boring.  But I liked it a lot!  I've seen it being sold at a discount.

Precariat #11 Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Thank you for the advice Heliotrope_2016 #10

After thinking about some of the offers on the rarer premiums I think the other premiums are probably better value so I will take a look at the Valentine, historically it was terrible but thanks to tiers and matchmaking it might be worth a look.

I'm still getting my tier I tanks up to 100 battles each, just the MS-1 to go. I just reached 100 battles on the Renault FT (WR 61%) so I am improving as I go and still finding new approaches to the 3 maps. I am usually low tier in these battles but that's also a good learning experience imo.

There have been a lot of yolo players in some matches, by which I mean sometimes the whole team which makes life difficult when you have a slow tank like the FT.

Just_merpug #12 Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58345 battles
  • [AFK]
The Valentine is a decent little tank for its tier. Samara73 describes it as her "Sports Matilda", which is about right.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Precariat #13 Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Something called the Grosstraktor has just come on the store, at the price it comes with 5k gold which seems good value. The same price will buy 6075 gold normally.

It sounds like a glass cannon type of vehicle

Heliotrope_2016 #14 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6584 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 14 April 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

I'm still getting my tier I tanks up to 100 battles each, just the MS-1 to go. I just reached 100 battles on the Renault FT (WR 61%) so I am improving as I go and still finding new approaches to the 3 maps. I am usually low tier in these battles but that's also a good learning experience imo.

There have been a lot of yolo players in some matches, by which I mean sometimes the whole team which makes life difficult when you have a slow tank like the FT.

You're welcome, and congratulations with your success with the FT.  

View Postmrpgilbert, on 14 April 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

The Valentine is a decent little tank for its tier. Samara73 describes it as her "Sports Matilda", which is about right.

This made me smile! (You'd still struggle Precariat to yolo in a "Sports Matilda", because that's a charming way of saying it's still slowish..)  ;)

Heliotrope_2016 #15 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6584 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 14 April 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Something called the Grosstraktor has just come on the store, at the price it comes with 5k gold which seems good value. The same price will buy 6075 gold normally.

It sounds like a glass cannon type of vehicle

An exceptionally rare vehicle, I can recall only ever seeing it in two battles.  Can't recall whether it did well or badly.

chad_fantastic #16 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12105 battles
  • [AFK]

The GT is pretty decent but it used to be OP. When it was first sold you played it best like a TD, use mobility to find a good position, wait, wait, wait some more for the gun to aim and BIG BOOM. It had no armor at all really and the gun is very troll to use (it's pretty much the same handling on the Pz IV A 75mm). Warchild has a very good video on it. 

But that big, fat tall body covered in Tin Metal did not mix well with the BT-7 arty, which is faster, more maneuverable, can bounce the odd shot of the angles and while it's gun is as awful as the GT it's much easier to get close in to land a shot and then run. Long story short, I was enjoying it before christmas, after I couldn't carry in it. Don't think it's a great starter tank TBH. 

I'm not sold on the value of that bundle myself, tank would be about 1200 gold if it was in game but if you've a need for gold and you like the sums, there's worse tanks to be buying.

Precariat #17 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostHeliotrope_2016, on 14 April 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

You're welcome, and congratulations with your success with the FT.  

This made me smile! (You'd still struggle Precariat to yolo in a "Sports Matilda", because that's a charming way of saying it's still slowish..)  ;)

Yeah I need to stay from anything too fast as the urge to yolo is too great, though having seen some BT-2 make targets of themselves by doing circles around my entire team and die doing no damage is fun. I just lead them and get hits from autoloaders.

View Postchad_fantastic, on 14 April 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

The GT is pretty decent but it used to be OP. When it was first sold you played it best like a TD, use mobility to find a good position, wait, wait, wait some more for the gun to aim and BIG BOOM. It had no armor at all really and the gun is very troll to use (it's pretty much the same handling on the Pz IV A 75mm). Warchild has a very good video on it. 

But that big, fat tall body covered in Tin Metal did not mix well with the BT-7 arty, which is faster, more maneuverable, can bounce the odd shot of the angles and while it's gun is as awful as the GT it's much easier to get close in to land a shot and then run. Long story short, I was enjoying it before christmas, after I couldn't carry in it. Don't think it's a great starter tank TBH. 

I'm not sold on the value of that bundle myself, tank would be about 1200 gold if it was in game but if you've a need for gold and you like the sums, there's worse tanks to be buying.

Because I'm a noobie I can put that gold towards other premiums as and when. So I could grab the Valentine and still have 3.5K for another premium tank further along. But if you have no use for the gold I agree.

As a side note the BT-7 Art. are annoying regardless of what I've faced them in :(

Heliotrope_2016 #18 Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6584 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 14 April 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

As a side note the BT-7 Art. are annoying regardless of what I've faced them in :(

Kit a Valentine II out with a spall liner and you'll be practically invulnerable to them.  But even your mediocre gun will be able to lance them to bits... :)

Precariat #19 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Currently the tier III-V premiums are 50% off

Any recommendations on tier V premiums? What is a good purchase? What to avoid?

I currently have over 5k gold to spend so could buy 2 or 3

Heliotrope_2016 #20 Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6584 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 28 April 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Currently the tier III-V premiums are 50% off

Any recommendations on tier V premiums? What is a good purchase? What to avoid?

I currently have over 5k gold to spend so could buy 2 or 3

Hello Precariat

I own three - the Matilda Black Prince, the Matilda IV, and the Churchill III.

I bought the above Matildas largely because I really liked playing with the original Tier-4 Matilda.  This original tank can be fitted with a low alpha, high ROF 2pdr gun, or a Derp gun.  Put very simply, if you like the 2pdr Matilda, you'll probably like the Black Prince.  Whilst if you like the derpy version, the Matilda IV should suit you well.

I bought the Churchill III because I was struggling to use non-premium T4/5 heavy tanks.  Which in hindsight was not a good way of spending my money!  The one thing in its favour that I can say as a rather poor heavy tanker is that it generates a lot of crew experience, even when you play it badly.  It has some experience coefficient modifier that I read somewhere was the highest in Blitz?

From looking at your stats though I see you have no experience of playing any Tier-4 vehicle, let alone a Matilda.  I wouldn't like to recommend any of the above though to play now, as you may well struggle due to lack of experience of playing at this level.  Best practice more with the French D1/D2 tanks to see if you're OK driving slow vehicles?  And if you do like them, jump to T4 in either a Matilda, B1, or my personal favourite, the Valentine :)

Regards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users