Why are EU low tier players so bad?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

_War_Child_ #1 Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1091 battles

Can someone explain to me why EU players in tiers 1-5 are unusually bad?  Is it the language differences?  Connection issues?  Average ages?

I'd really like to understand why the quality of play is so exceptionally poor.

Thank you.

WinningWithWarchild: https://www.youtube....ingWithWarchild

Pururut #2 Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23848 battles
Played on NA, it is not due to any of these factors op listed.It is simply due to one thing; lack of experience.The players on tier 1-5 have ,most of the time, less than a thousand games.The kind of people who perform well without experience are rerollers,people who watch wot/wotb youtubers/streamers and those who actually want to improve at this game.Since the majority is not composed of the types in the prior sentence, it is completely normal for them to perform badly.

Edited by Pururut, 12 April 2017 - 07:58 PM.

Astolfo has the cutest phallus.

MarTimator #3 Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34384 battles
  • [NUTZ]
Maybe because this is a Free to play Game and everyone with 2 hands and 1 Braincell can play it ?

Precariat #4 Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Post_War_Child_, on 12 April 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Can someone explain to me why EU players in tiers 1-5 are unusually bad?  Is it the language differences?  Connection issues?  Average ages?

Thank you.

Maybe you should ask them after the battle, why they were "bad". Be careful how you phrase that question though. No guarantee that they will respond though.

You could look at their stats I suppose but seems like a lot of effort as knowing the answer probably won't change much. For me it can take 50+ battles to really understand any given tank and someone posted it took them around 200 battles to understand the maps available at tier IV+

I often feel should apologise when I am learning mode but with battles so fast paced typing in game is difficult if I want to help my team at all. With the majority of players being player(insert random group of numbers) it isn't easy to fall into a conversation even after the battle.

Is there more communication on non-EU servers? I mean beyond go left/right/center during the countdown.

There's no way to know what average age any team is.

Missions have today pushed me into tier III territory with new tanks so of course I sucked, except in the Vickers Mk III but maybe the other team was bad in that one?

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Tijgerhaai_XIV #5 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]

there is a problem with your question on a basic level.

Unusually for who?

These are the players we are used to.

Are NA players so much better?

Tijgerhaai_XIV #6 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostPrecariat, on 12 April 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Missions have today pushed me into tier III territory with new tanks so of course I sucked, except in the Vickers Mk III but maybe the other team was bad in that one?

off topic, but that is a bad altitude to take. Yes, new tanks can be bad especially stock. New maps, new tiers, can be disorientating. But, never drop your confidence. This game, imho, is about, more than technical ability, confidence and momentum. Own that battlefield. Be a winner in your own mind. Going up the tiers is not harder per se but is less forgiving. If you can play hulldown perfectly at tier I, you can at any level. You just get less chances to make mistakes.

alessh77 #7 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46977 battles
  • [SLO-1]

View Post_War_Child_, on 12 April 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Thank you.

It's even worse in tiers 8-10. Players are jumping to higher tiers a lot to fast. They are ruining game for everyone else with their lack of ... well everything. Right this moment it is just horrific ... I know I should stop playing, because I am in a losing streak ... but I am so angry at the moment I don't care .. loading only prammo and going yolo all the way in T95 ..

The funny thing is that after few more lost games I will start winning ... I am sure I can thank WG for it ... I will edit this replay in ... 30 min .

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 

Heliotrope_2016 #8 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6584 battles

Thank you.

I presume you have experience of playing on more than just the EU server farm therefore? (I haven't)

EU players generally don't use chat in complex ways to direct team play at these levels.  Typically <<<< or >>>> is used to suggest a direction to travel at the start of the match.  In the rare cases it is used, English is the norm.  I can recall just one example in c. 6000 games where somebody used French, and luckily I could understand most of it.  And once somebody apologised to me for not understanding a rare, wordy suggestion I'd made in English.  He was a natural German speaker.  In summary therefore, I don't think language difficulties are a significant factor.

N00basaurus #9 Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5509 battles
  • [ALBA]
I'd like some message macros for often-used commands. Like "Luchs don't yolo", or "B1/D.W.2 don't go alone", or "T-46 don't camp".

Female crew voicepacks please.

(Re)classify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer.

Precariat #10 Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 12 April 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

off topic, but that is a bad altitude to take. Yes, new tanks can be bad especially stock. New maps, new tiers, can be disorientating. But, never drop your confidence. This game, imho, is about, more than technical ability, confidence and momentum. Own that battlefield. Be a winner in your own mind. Going up the tiers is not harder per se but is less forgiving. If you can play hulldown perfectly at tier I, you can at any level. You just get less chances to make mistakes.

As a player who is trying not to rush up the tiers, why am I getting tier III missions? I'd rather get 50-100 battles experience on all the tier I/II first. In short I feel I'm being pushed into tiers I'm not ready for yet.

I played 4 tier III battles and one was nation based to boot. Along with that was ranged based one so even more difficult for someone who has only played 22 out of 835 battles at that tier, I used the free reset and it gave me another tier III mission.

View Postalessh77, on 12 April 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

It's even worse in tiers 8-10. Players are jumping to higher tiers a lot to fast. They are ruining game for everyone else with their lack of ... well everything. Right this moment it is just horrific ... I know I should stop playing, because I am in a losing streak ... but I am so angry at the moment I don't care .. loading only prammo and going yolo all the way in T95 ..

The funny thing is that after few more lost games I will start winning ... I am sure I can thank WG for it ... I will edit this replay in ... 30 min .

And yet I'm getting pushed to progress before I want to. I wouldn't mind if all the missions I hadn't done also reset. I understand why some players really hate missions now.

View PostN00basaurus, on 13 April 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

I'd like some message macros for often-used commands. Like "Luchs don't yolo", or "B1/D.W.2 don't go alone", or "T-46 don't camp".

Me too, stopping and trying to type something useful which let's face people will often not read / ignore (i.e. not respond to) makes it seem even more of a waste of time.

One that questions why a medium is taking a position better for a TD would be welcomed, also a don't yolo / fall back / use cover etc.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Tijgerhaai_XIV #11 Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]
When you buy a new tank you get missions for it. So as soon as you open up a new tier, that is where you get missions.

Just_merpug #12 Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58345 battles
  • [AFK]
@Precariat: like others have said, it's because you bought a tier III tank. My advice would be to just ignore them. I originally thought that they helped people learn stuff. Now, however, I find they just cloud my thinking and judgement, so don't bother with them as a thing. If I win one, great, otherwise no big deal.
And it can take time to figure stuff out, I still am.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Precariat #13 Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 13 April 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

When you buy a new tank you get missions for it. So as soon as you open up a new tier, that is where you get missions.

View Postmrpgilbert, on 13 April 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

@Precariat: like others have said, it's because you bought a tier III tank. My advice would be to just ignore them. I originally thought that they helped people learn stuff. Now, however, I find they just cloud my thinking and judgement, so don't bother with them as a thing. If I win one, great, otherwise no big deal.
And it can take time to figure stuff out, I still am.

Nope, didn't buy any new tier III tanks until after the missions popped. I had one tier III in my garage that I hadn't played in maybe a week. I had been playing tier I tanks (got 2 more to get to 100 battles) I had the occasional tier II mission pop and played just enough to complete them.

Now my premium just expired and it just so happens a couple of days later I start getting tier III missions  ...just saying.

All I can do is ignore them and play exclusively tier I and use the free daily replace on a mission until a tier I/II drops. 

Edited by Precariat, 13 April 2017 - 07:07 AM.

Winston_Smith84 #14 Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41883 battles
  • [BRIT6]

Thank you.

Just the lower tiers? It gets worse the higher you go. Too many racing up the tiers too fast only to be disappointed  by their tier x tank at the end of it. Been there done that. Can you teach patience?

romsitsa #15 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

Hello,

players rush from 1-6, only few of them return later to lower tiers. For e.g. I'm a pro sealclubber repairing my low tiers that I left years ago with hillarious stats.

A

N00basaurus #16 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5509 battles
  • [ALBA]
Y'know, Wargaming increasing the difficulty of racing tiers by busting equipment might end up beneficial in culling the nooblympics events.

Edited by N00basaurus, 13 April 2017 - 11:11 AM.

Female crew voicepacks please.

(Re)classify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer.

Just_merpug #17 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58345 battles
  • [AFK]
I found the noobs on Asia server to be just as clueless when I was in Oz last Easter. mrpgilbert_afk_eu is all purple...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

_War_Child_ #18 Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1091 battles

Yes, I have accounts on the NA, EU, RU and ASIA servers.  For some reason, my Tier IV and V teams in the EU do a few things consistently: (1) Many stay in or close to the spawn - not AFKs, (2) Scatter in different directions, or (3) Do not seem to know how to shoot the enemy tanks.  I don't really compare the EU to the NA server because in the NA server, many players in Tiers 3-5 are experienced players and are there specifically to increase their winrate.  However, the Asia and RU servers have low tier teams that communicate more and move somewhat together with at least the idea of a plan.

If you have the ability/bandwidth to start an NA account, try it out - use the gold they give you to buy a low tier premium tank, and see for yourself if can tell a difference.

Thank you all for responding to my post!

Happy tanking.

Dassem_ #19 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32136 battles
  • [AFK]

bad, compared to whom?

i have a NA account as well, and find the skill level in the low/mid tiers on NA to be far worse than on EU. Far far worse.

Check out The Dassem Channel

_War_Child_ #20 Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1091 battles

View PostDassem_, on 14 April 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

bad, compared to whom?

i have a NA account as well, and find the skill level in the low/mid tiers on NA to be far worse than on EU. Far far worse.

I will try to do a Live Stream this weekend that switches from server to server so you can see what I'm talking about.  Because...I disagree completely with your assessment.  :B

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users