Why are EU low tier players so bad?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Tijgerhaai_XIV #21 Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]
This could be due to the relative sizes of player bases. Back in the day when controls were put in the same queue, I noticed a huge change.

Kb&m matches nearly always followed same patterns, always going to the arches in Black Goldville for example. There were clear "standard" tactics.

Add in the much larger tablet player base, and all hell broke loose. It really was like cat herding 101. Everyone just went any which way, and following any tactic became much rarer, let alone map specific ones.

That said, I met far more highly skilled players, those that destroy your entire team while exposing about 1 mm of the top of their turret.

So if the player numbers are different, then you might just be seeing what happens when the group experience is watered down, rather than concentrated and reinforced.

Edited by Tijgerhaai_XIV, 14 April 2017 - 09:50 PM.

philholt101b #22 Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5204 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostPrecariat, on 13 April 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Nope, didn't buy any new tier III tanks until after the missions popped. I had one tier III in my garage that I hadn't played in maybe a week. I had been playing tier I tanks (got 2 more to get to 100 battles) I had the occasional tier II mission pop and played just enough to complete them.

Now my premium just expired and it just so happens a couple of days later I start getting tier III missions  ...just saying.

All I can do is ignore them and play exclusively tier I and use the free daily replace on a mission until a tier I/II drops. 

You get tier III missions because you have a tier III tank not to make you get one. As mrpgillbert said if you don't want to play a mission don't play it I don't. The easiest way to improve your play style is find a better player to toon with I did and it helped far more than playing missions. I've both tier II and tier III tanks in my garage look me up in game sometime if you do want to toon 

Precariat #23 Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postphilholt101b, on 15 April 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

You get tier III missions because you have a tier III tank not to make you get one. As mrpgillbert said if you don't want to play a mission don't play it I don't. The easiest way to improve your play style is find a better player to toon with I did and it helped far more than playing missions. I've both tier II and tier III tanks in my garage look me up in game sometime if you do want to toon 

Ah that makes some sense, although I hadn't played it for quite a while compared to the tier I tanks and I got 3 tier III missions and another when I used the free skip. It's like WG were saying "no you should play tier III." The cynic in me says it's to encourage me to buy the tier III premium, also doesn't this mean that anyone that bought a high tier premium will get missions for it even if they are out of their depth?

Well I'll put off buying a tier IV premium until I'm ready to move up to that tier. It took a few days to get back to just tier I missions.

I don't do the missions to get better, just for the rewards as I am sure when I move up to tier III on a non-premium account I'll be running at a loss until I learn the maps better. I have learned not to focus too much on getting kills if I have missions for that, the kills come eventually but it looks like as you go up the tiers the missions become rather more specific like kill a tank at over 200 meters with a TD etc.

Thanks for the offer to platoon, I want to wait until I hit tier III/IV because having advice on the maps in-game would be very useful. Just my opinion but I think map knowledge might be the most important thing. Then applying that knowledge to the tank you are driving.

I'll be moving on to tier II in a day or two. But I expect it to be at least a couple of months before I go to tier III proper.

PS I know there is a clan forum but where is the best place to ask for platoon mates when the time comes?

Edited by Precariat, 16 April 2017 - 07:49 AM.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Precariat #24 Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17826 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Grrrr! A friendly player got me angry mines (tier I) today. Pushed me out of cover on the hilltop right in front of a Vickers Mk I. Somehow I did manage to scamper my MS-1 into cover around the village. It's the first time I said anything in-game about this behaviour. "Don't push other tanks!" ...yeah that's as angry as I get!

Now I'm confused as I went on to have a 603 damage, 4 kill game. I don't even know who pushed me or what happened to them. I like to think the medium nailed them.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

_War_Child_ #25 Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1091 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 16 April 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Grrrr! A friendly player got me angry mines (tier I) today. Pushed me out of cover on the hilltop right in front of a Vickers Mk I. Somehow I did manage to scamper my MS-1 into cover around the village. It's the first time I said anything in-game about this behaviour. "Don't push other tanks!" ...yeah that's as angry as I get!

Now I'm confused as I went on to have a 603 damage, 4 kill game. I don't even know who pushed me or what happened to them. I like to think the medium nailed them.

I'm sure that he got what he deserved.  Great job on your game though! 

WinningWithWarchild: https://www.youtube....ingWithWarchild

Frankenfurter_1 #26 Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 703 battles
  • [-J7-]
All servers, all the time, have bad players, or so new that they're clueless. Get over it.

martindogger #27 Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34177 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 12 April 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

there is a problem with your question on a basic level.

Unusually for who?

These are the players we are used to.

Are NA players so much better?

No. NA low tier is just as bad probably for experienced EU players. I bought Pz III there and aced three times in a row. 

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 5400+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

_War_Child_ #28 Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1091 battles

View Postmartindogger, on 22 April 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

No. NA low tier is just as bad probably for experienced EU players. I bought Pz III there and aced three times in a row. 

I ace my A-20 in the EU server every other game ;-)

WinningWithWarchild: https://www.youtube....ingWithWarchild

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users