GAME MECHANICS FOR THE NEWBIES (because I don't see any topic about this anyway.)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

DerpyMcderp #21 Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15460 battles
  • [VG]

View Postskr3ch69, on 04 April 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

How can I earn GOLD in game ?

You earn gold by successfully being a winner of contests, however, gold is not the only thing you can win in contests, you can win premium tanks, premium account time and even real life stuff like hard drives, headphones and more!

The only reason that you lost... is that you p***ed me off. 

Alchemistix #22 Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 208 battles
How is this that I have tire III tank and game keeps joining me with tire IV tanks, I can't even move, they take me out with single shot in a second.

Edited by Alchemistix, 03 May 2015 - 06:45 AM.

DerpyMcderp #23 Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15460 battles
  • [VG]

View PostAlchemistix, on 03 May 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

How is this that I have tire III tank and game keeps joining me with tire IV tanks, I can't even move, they take me out with single shot in a second.

Matchmaking, it can be a troll sometimes, it gets worse at tier 5 which can get into tier 7 games.

The only reason that you lost... is that you p***ed me off. 

19elephantjuice75 #24 Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3434 battles
Thanks for the tips

zill154 #25 Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 848 battles
Awsome tips ;)

bk500 #26 Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40989 battles
  • [IRMA]
Note to newbies if you spot someone from bush reverse until you can't see through anymore but just See outline of enemy tank... Shoot and they won't spot you :) 

The_GaryxGaming #27 Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20643 battles
  • [PINK]

View PostDerpyMcderp, on 02 December 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

Welcome, to my guide about game mechanics, just to help you guys new to the game, most if not all mechanics will be mentioned here! 

Number 1: Sixth Sense.

This is usually the first thing a new player sees, sixth sense is a notice to tell you that you have been spotted by an enemy teammate, it appears in the forms of a light bulb and a small "ping" sound. (no, your crew doesn't have a cunning plan), this makes you visible to EVERY enemy team mate. If you are the first person spotted, this usually results in a hailstorm of shells hitting your tank, so if you do get spotted, try and dash to cover so you don't die prematurely.

Number 2Camo

Camo is why you don't get spotted, maximum spotting distance is hindered by camo rating. if you had zero camo rating, you would be spotted instantly by everyone if you're in their maximum spotting distance (how far they can see, NOT DRAW DISTANCE) For instance, let's take a StuG III G - a very stealthy machine - and put it next to a Maus - the biggest, heaviest tank in the game - if both tanks are right next to each other, you will ALWAYS see they Maus first, because it has a relatively poor camo rating, put the StuG in a bush and tell it not to move or fire, it is nearly invisible because of the bush combined with the excellent camo rating.

Number 3: Crew skill

Crew skill is how well your crew know your tank, the more percentage of crew skill a tank has, the better it will perform, this includes reload speed, repair speed, aiming time, and view distance, these can be boosted by consumables and equipment (improved vent and nation specific food and drink) in battle, if a crew member gets knocked out, their effective crew skill gets set to 0%, which can seriously screw up your day if you didn't bring a med kit or a glorious multipurpose kit, if all your crew get knocked out, you can no longer control your tank as there are no combat-effective crew to take over roles and you are considered dead on the battlefield, just with less explosion

Number 4: Module Damage

Modules are what make your tank work, like your engine, tracks, fuel and ammo, if these get hit, they get damaged, or worse, destroyed, if anything gets damaged (turns yellow on the HUD below the health bar) it will work at 50% reliability, with the exception of tracks and view ports, which just tell you that it may break soon, if the engine gets damaged, you slow down to half your top speed and half traverse speed, fuel hit? more likely to be set afire by following shots, gun hit? Your accuracy is severely reduced, ammo?, twice as much reload speed.

Then those modules get destroyed, tracks? You can't move, view ports? You cannot see, gun? You can't shoot, engine? you cannot move, again, fuel? You set alight instantly, Ammo? Instant death, 1 hit kill, game over.

Number 5: Penetration

Penetration is quite simple, if the penetration number exceeds the armour number, it will penetrate, however, angled and sloped armour increase the effectiveness of the armour and make shells harder to penetrate, the best example is side scraping, where you park behind a building, and reverse until you can see an enemy on the other side, they can only shoot at your very heavily angled side armour, an almost indefinite bounce, since HE doesn't get normalisation* against armour like AP and APCR/HVAP, it does pretty terribly against angled armour, but it has splash damage, so even if it doesn't penetrate, it can still do splash damage, if a HE shell doesn't penetrate the armour, it will deal this damage, which is first mitigated by much armour there is where you shot and the area around it, if you shoot at super armoured targets, you will do minimal to no splash damage (e.g, the T95)

This was my first guide, let me know what you think? 

Now get out there, tanks won't be blown up by ghosts...

View PostDerpyMcderp, on 02 December 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

Welcome, to my guide about game mechanics, just to help you guys new to the game, most if not all mechanics will be mentioned here! 

Number 1: Sixth Sense.

This is usually the first thing a new player sees, sixth sense is a notice to tell you that you have been spotted by an enemy teammate, it appears in the forms of a light bulb and a small "ping" sound. (no, your crew doesn't have a cunning plan), this makes you visible to EVERY enemy team mate. If you are the first person spotted, this usually results in a hailstorm of shells hitting your tank, so if you do get spotted, try and dash to cover so you don't die prematurely.

Number 2Camo

Camo is why you don't get spotted, maximum spotting distance is hindered by camo rating. if you had zero camo rating, you would be spotted instantly by everyone if you're in their maximum spotting distance (how far they can see, NOT DRAW DISTANCE) For instance, let's take a StuG III G - a very stealthy machine - and put it next to a Maus - the biggest, heaviest tank in the game - if both tanks are right next to each other, you will ALWAYS see they Maus first, because it has a relatively poor camo rating, put the StuG in a bush and tell it not to move or fire, it is nearly invisible because of the bush combined with the excellent camo rating.

Number 3: Crew skill

Crew skill is how well your crew know your tank, the more percentage of crew skill a tank has, the better it will perform, this includes reload speed, repair speed, aiming time, and view distance, these can be boosted by consumables and equipment (improved vent and nation specific food and drink) in battle, if a crew member gets knocked out, their effective crew skill gets set to 0%, which can seriously screw up your day if you didn't bring a med kit or a glorious multipurpose kit, if all your crew get knocked out, you can no longer control your tank as there are no combat-effective crew to take over roles and you are considered dead on the battlefield, just with less explosion

Number 4: Module Damage

Modules are what make your tank work, like your engine, tracks, fuel and ammo, if these get hit, they get damaged, or worse, destroyed, if anything gets damaged (turns yellow on the HUD below the health bar) it will work at 50% reliability, with the exception of tracks and view ports, which just tell you that it may break soon, if the engine gets damaged, you slow down to half your top speed and half traverse speed, fuel hit? more likely to be set afire by following shots, gun hit? Your accuracy is severely reduced, ammo?, twice as much reload speed.

Then those modules get destroyed, tracks? You can't move, view ports? You cannot see, gun? You can't shoot, engine? you cannot move, again, fuel? You set alight instantly, Ammo? Instant death, 1 hit kill, game over.

Number 5: Penetration

Penetration is quite simple, if the penetration number exceeds the armour number, it will penetrate, however, angled and sloped armour increase the effectiveness of the armour and make shells harder to penetrate, the best example is side scraping, where you park behind a building, and reverse until you can see an enemy on the other side, they can only shoot at your very heavily angled side armour, an almost indefinite bounce, since HE doesn't get normalisation* against armour like AP and APCR/HVAP, it does pretty terribly against angled armour, but it has splash damage, so even if it doesn't penetrate, it can still do splash damage, if a HE shell doesn't penetrate the armour, it will deal this damage, which is first mitigated by much armour there is where you shot and the area around it, if you shoot at super armoured targets, you will do minimal to no splash damage (e.g, the T95)

This was my first guide, let me know what you think? 

Now get out there, tanks won't be blown up by ghosts...

Actually, I had my T1 Cunningham's crew knocked out but still won. How?

I prefer War Thunder over World of Tanks, but I can't play it anywhere I want, anytime I want. Deal with it

yakuzaa #28 Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 691 battles
[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 10 February 2016 - 06:47 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

LF07 #29 Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1557 battles
Curious,how many platoon mates can you have?

_Biggles_ #30 Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9950 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostLF07, on 28 April 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

Curious,how many platoon mates can you have?

two, you and your mate. 

Empros Clan 

"Win with Pride, Die with Honour!"

Proud Friend Of IRMA

Fury_733 #31 Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5281 battles
  • [AFK]

One tip to the newbies, don't by high tier premium tanks unless you are experienced or you have high tier tanks.

Don't waste yer money on tanks you will fail

2014= 52% noobs

2015= 75% noobs

2016= 90% noobs

2017= :facepalm:

alexandra155_2016 #32 Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 02 June 2016 - 03:43 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

mesersmith_m #33 Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4005 battles
  • [BRO_1]
Hi, dear colleagues!
I just want to ask you something that blows my mind.
In a direct fight with a tank, he shoots on every 3 or max 4 seconds and I must wait for 20 seconds.
How is that possible?
I don't know what tank was, but I don't know to exist that kind of tanks.

_Biggles_ #34 Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9950 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postmesersmith_m, on 29 June 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Hi, dear colleagues!
In a direct fight with a tank, he shoots on every 3 or max 4 seconds and I must wait for 20 seconds.
How is that possible?

Different guns have different reload times. Generally guns with larger reloads do more damage than those with smaller reloads. However, the smaller reload guns do more damage over a period of time due to their high Damage Per Minute

Empros Clan 

"Win with Pride, Die with Honour!"

Proud Friend Of IRMA

Skullcandy #35 Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19074 battles
  • [1RTR]

Hi, dear colleagues!
How is that possible?

In addition to what Biggles said, it could have been the Chi-Ri, which has an autoloader that can fire three shots before needing to reload.

And British tanks are well known for their excellent rate of fire, even more so with the adrenaline consumable on top of that. The British cruisers can fire up to four autoloaded shots before needing to reload. The Cruiser IV for example can fire 4 shots before needing to reload and has a rate of fire of 25 per minute.

In order to be successful on the battlefield, especially in 1-vs-1 showdowns, it helps to learn the reload times and fire rates of all the different tanks, which you will eventually pick up as you play more.

Edited by Skullcandy, 18 July 2016 - 08:10 PM.

Leader of 1RTR. | 1RTR on Discord "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." – Winston Churchill

Settler77 #36 Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20475 battles
  • [-MEN-]

Hi, dear colleagues!
How is that possible?

for example AT fires about 11 shots per minute,its quite fast

KIMMYKILL #37 Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12088 battles

Sometimes I win a battle and survive (with kills!), yet I lose credits, and vice versa. What am I doing wrong?

martindogger #38 Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 23365 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostKIMMYKILL, on 31 July 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

Sometimes I win a battle and survive (with kills!), yet I lose credits, and vice versa. What am I doing wrong?

Getting credits is mostly tied to dealing damage. So losing credits can come from several things:

• You do too little damage.
  • You shoot too many premium shells.
  • You use a lot of provisions and consumables 
  • You don't use a premium account.

Load Aim Fire! ... my YouTube channel - 4500+ subscribers and counting 

World of Tanks Blitz | World of Tanks Console | generic noobness guaranteed

Check our FB page at www.facebook.com/loadaimfire

dragoncm4 #39 Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 999 battles

Is it just me or is this whole pyramid is just a rip off... Worked to collect 14'800 upgrades to go from a Panzer (BMW) 4 to 5 series only to then find I needed an additional 370,000 in credit's

mrpgilbert #40 Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29074 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postdragoncm4, on 02 August 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Is it just me or is this whole pyramid is just a rip off... Worked to collect 14'800 upgrades to go from a Panzer (BMW) 4 to 5 series only to then find I needed an additional 370,000 in credit's

You need to win XP to research a tank, then use credits to buy it. It's always been that way. No cash needs to change hands. To gain credits, you need to win games, basically. This requires you to be able to understand how the tank works, how to not die and how to do more damage than you take. Getting that tier 5 tank will not improve the level of fun the game gives you, believe me. Without putting too fine a point on it, you haven't been very good in the PzIVs at tier 3 or tier 4, and you're wasting your time getting the tier 5.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users