GAME MECHANICS FOR THE NEWBIES (because I don't see any topic about this anyway.)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Chairman_merpug #61 Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35878 battles
  • [AFK]
Because newbies don't understand the game mechanics?

View PostRoninCRV, on 17 November 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

I don’t understand why this 2014’s topic is pinned.

Because, just possibly, newbies don't understand the game mechanics? Just a thought.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

RoninCRV #62 Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 77 battles
  • [AVO]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 17 November 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Because newbies don't understand the game mechanics?

Because, just possibly, newbies don't understand the game mechanics? Just a thought.

Would they after this thread?

I have come here from the Russian server where I had 65+ WR for all tier X tanks. Swarov5ki thinks EU CW culture is all about “fat” setups and good map preparation, but I don’t agree. Europe is our. 

Chairman_merpug #63 Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35878 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRoninCRV, on 17 November 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Would they after this thread?

I have come here from the Russian server where I had 65+ WR for all tier X tanks. Swarov5ki thinks EU CW culture is all about “fat” setups and good map preparation, but I don’t agree. Europe is our. 

Lobster?

Anyway, I've no idea whether they would or not, but every little helps. No idea either about CW culture, as I don't play at times when I can get involved, and I'm probably not good enough. 

Welcome to EU,  though.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

RoninCRV #64 Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 77 battles
  • [AVO]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 17 November 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Lobster?

Anyway, I've no idea whether they would or not, but every little helps. No idea either about CW culture, as I don't play at times when I can get involved, and I'm probably not good enough. 

Welcome to EU,  though.

Lobster? Should it mean something? I am sorry I am not familiar with your culture.

Legion victory shocked us, but I do think we will answer not only in the final, but even before that. 

DerpyMcderp #65 Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16520 battles
  • [VG]

View PostRoninCRV, on 17 November 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

I don’t understand why this 2014’s topic is pinned.

because it was useful in 2014 and it pretty much still is now. Also, if any fundamental game mechanics change then I can just edit the post. Simple as that, really.

Edited by DerpyMcderp, 20 November 2017 - 02:39 AM.

The only reason that you lost... is that you p***ed me off. 

Chairman_merpug #66 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35878 battles
  • [AFK]

Thanks to Precariat for putting me into this guy. I've been looking for more guides to help beginners get to know the game, and littlefinger has loads of excellent videos. If you want to improve, they're well worth a look:

I don't have an NA account, but if someone does, it would be good to message him and suggest he posts stuff on the Fanzone subforum here.

Edit: Thx to killerkiller77 for pointing our a dumb typo...

Edited by mrpgilbert, 18 January 2018 - 04:29 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #67 Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19760 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Given the outcome of the EU campaign to equalise premium re-buying the NA posters may not have much time for the EU :(

Good video tho and I found some of his others interesting.  I noticed the use of the no grass in sniper mode trick although it wasn’t explicitly mentioned in the Videos I watched.

Its such a pity that most newcomers will never see this stuff as they don’t know it exists,  cmon WG add this sort of stuff to a much improved tutorial!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Mjr_Eazy #68 Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19760 battles
  • [BT_SV]

For newcomers - check this great guide to camo out...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/48048-spotting-mechanisms-of-wotb-a-paper-by-frodo-nifinger-completed/

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

MIKEtheMARAUDER #69 Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 819 battles

The mechanics are that every time I spend  money I lose lose lose every [edited]game. There  must be an algorythm working out who to put me against to set this up. So the developers sit there and rake it in, fuckin arseholes are un touchable anyone with a tbeory of mind can see it in the game. It [edited]me off.

Mjr_Eazy #70 Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19760 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostMIKEtheMARAUDER, on 02 June 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

The mechanics are that every time I spend  money I lose lose lose every [edited]game. There  must be an algorythm working out who to put me against to set this up. So the developers sit there and rake it in, fuckin arseholes are un touchable anyone with a tbeory of mind can see it in the game. It [edited]me off.

Hy, welcome to the forums, there’s a thread all about theories around match making you might want to check out...

It will be interesting to see you post there, as the theory some subscribe to - not me! - is that if you spend money you get special protected status and win!  Maybe spend more???

:) I’m kidding...

I had a look at your stats on blitzstars.com and it looks like you’re rushing tiers too fast.  I did it, most people did although many won’t admit it, tiers vi and above start getting harder and viii and above really tough, I would advise sticking at tiers iv and v until you get your WR in each tier to 50% plus, and join a clan and find someone to platoon with to learn from...

There’s also a similar thread about losing credits by matt_963 in the forum it would be worth looking at too as some good advice there...

Tijgerhaai_XIV #71 Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9401 battles
  • [ALBA]
The more you struggle, the more the game seems to be against you.

The game evolves as you go up the tiers. The meta changes, it becomes a lot harder, mistakes are punished harder, you need to be brilliant to defeat your opponents as opposed to solid.

You cannot improve if you blame others.

sixty_three #72 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostMIKEtheMARAUDER, on 02 June 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

This article about TILT may help you to play better and have a happier time...

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/6361-being-on-tilt/

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Mariuscma17 #73 Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1076 battles
  • [KUZA_]
Please Add Platoon with 2-5 friends

Chairman_merpug #74 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35878 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMariuscma17, on 23 June 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Please Add Platoon with 2-5 friends

No. Play in Training rooms if you want that.

garf1960 #75 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2019 battles
Can blitz be played on lap top or pc. I play on 10" tablet and I'm wondering if there is a better platform

Tijgerhaai_XIV #76 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9401 battles
  • [ALBA]
It can be played on any Win10 machine. I don't think there is any best platform, but I cannot use touch controls to save my life and since i stopped trying what vestigial skill there has completely atrophied. So a certain platform might suit certain players better.

Chairman_merpug #77 Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35878 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postgarf1960, on 22 August 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

Can blitz be played on lap top or pc. I play on 10" tablet and I'm wondering if there is a better platform

I play on a Nexus 9 tablet, which works fine for me. If you prefer desktop, there's a Windows 10 app in the store, or you can install Steam and load that version on older flavours of Windows.

Mjr_Eazy #78 Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19760 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I do better on my mac than on Windows Laptop or my phone or ipad, I find the mouse control better, I’ve experimented with various settings on laptop and just find the mouse a PITA...

Therefore one thing I would say for a laptop is getter a proper mouse, it’s a mare to play without one, or certainly is on my HP lappy.

I find mac or windows easier than phone or ipad, phone is iPhone 7 Plus so decent size phone screen but I just find it too small for my sausage like thumbs and old man eyes, ipad is better but mac/pc is much much easier for me to play.

It’s one of those things where it depends on the person so it might be worth trying it out on a friends or relatives machine 1st if you can.

Don’t forget to install bluestacks and use the Amazon app store for android and get mahoosive savings!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users