GAME MECHANICS FOR THE NEWBIES (because I don't see any topic about this anyway.)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Just_merpug #81 Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56803 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAimless, on 27 January 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Hi, I'm pretty much new to the game but a halfway experienced player of WoT, WoWP and WoWS (non-Blitz). More precisely, I took part in the CBT of all the mentioned games, so I'm familiar with the economical part of WG games.

I'm a bit concerned about getting matched against 4 or even 5 tier V and 3/2 tier IV tanks in a stock A-20. Now I'm totally used to fight against superior enemies, also against a majority of superior enemies, but why does this game punish me additionally by presenting me credit losses in the battle results. I mean, i've just started tier VI and haven't shot a single premium round yet. Credits, such a big issue in the low tiers already? How must totally new players feel experiencing that? :amazed:

They have tried to fix a perceived problem by faffing around with the fundamental basics of the game. This was never going to end well. At the other end of the spectrum, high tier games have many players with huge battle numbers and sub-45% WR, who will never learn. If they spent half the time they have on drawing avatars on improving the game itself, things would be a lot better. Instead, they seem to be obsessed with disconnecting the game from its roots and making it all about fluffy garbage.

They have lost the plot.

For once, that sentence can be used correctly. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Aimless #82 Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 168 battles
  • [WJDE]
Alright, thanks for the clarification @Chairman. So, will it become worse each tier I go up? I'm not sure yet if I should go on getting involved more, or just keep on clubbing some seals on I - III at work during lunch break.

Just_merpug #83 Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56803 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAimless, on 28 January 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Alright, thanks for the clarification @Chairman. So, will it become worse each tier I go up? I'm not sure yet if I should go on getting involved more, or just keep on clubbing some seals on I - III at work during lunch break.

The utterly useless players head to tier X and stay there, as far as I can see. 7/8 aren't too bad at all. 9 sees 10, so it can be tricky  

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Fugit555 #84 Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30355 battles
  • [VE1L]

This is my latest vid, aimed at new players BTW

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

Mjr_Leicht #85 Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10354 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 28 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

The utterly useless players head to tier X and stay there, as far as I can see. 7/8 aren't too bad at all. 9 sees 10, so it can be tricky  

My experience is 8 and 10 are a nightmare and I find 7 and 9 more fun but I reckon that’s my yolo-tastic nature getting me killed :)

Oh and I’m a noob ;)

560273467.png

Player13579 #86 Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24032 battles

Can anyone clarify on (how to reset camo properly in WOTB) are the spotting mechanics the same as wot for pc? How do the basic 10 and 5 second rules and camo net work?

Just_merpug #87 Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56803 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostWhite_Owl_3, on 19 November 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Can anyone clarify on (how to reset camo properly in WOTB) are the spotting mechanics the same as wot for pc? How do the basic 10 and 5 second rules and camo net work?

Martindogger has a video about this on his channel that's worth a look. The same, only different, basically. 

Mjr_Eazy #88 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35433 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostWhite_Owl_3, on 19 November 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

View PostChairman_merpug, on 20 November 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

Martindogger has a video about this on his channel that's worth a look. The same, only different, basically. 

There’s also a spotting guide...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/30165-spotting-and-camo-mechanics-guide/

It also has the link to Martin’s video...

and details on camo values of tanks and bush here...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/47868-spotting-mechanisms-of-wotb-a-paper-by-frodo-nifinger-updated-list-13-2019/

547146227.png

Player13579 #89 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24032 battles

Thanks, I have managed to improve my understanding of how to reset your camo once spotted. Although I am still trying to figure out (envying) how people manage to seem to disappear in 3 or 5 seconds instead of the standard 10! I've learnt now that say when you fire you have that camo rating for 3 seconds or perhaps when you've moved you have the moving camo rating for 5 seconds, is this correct? I don't know, but I sometimes wish that for the (games sake) there was an indicator that immediately and constantly says whether or Not your visible! As it is there is just the light bulb indicator the says when you have been spotted and then you are left guessing and counting seconds to decide whether or not you are visible anymore and have reset your camo properly!

The_Mighty_Wombat #90 Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39772 battles
  • [-GNA-]

I did that spotting guide long ago and really should update it... one day...

i tried to use the pc camo formula but the numbers never add up correct.

The spotting times are not clearly shown so that your made to work to stay unspotted.

The lightbulb indicator has a delay, so by the time it goes off someone can be aiming at you.

Try to predict it and never stay in the open more then necessary.

Its pretty close to 6s before your camo resets. This is from the last time their camo is bellow spotting distance.

So a tank can fire and be spotted then drive off.

while you can see them driving the spotting distance could be too low for their camo and they will disappear 6s after firing. 
play around with two devices in a training room to get a better idea.

also put your replays into map inspector and watch the view distances on the map.

https://map.wotinspector.com/en/?platform=pc

Player13579 #91 Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24032 battles

Oh fair go mighty wombat, some useful tips there. As I thought it's not just a matter of taking cover (once spotted) and waiting a straight 10 seconds to reset your camo properly! Although that is a sure way to do it. Also

I'm wondering about when using the camo net do you dissappear after 3 seconds with the still camo rating? Which you need to be use it. Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users