Jump to content


More or fewer who play Blitz?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

viking3333 #1 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 34266 battles
  • 37
  • [SWE_F]
  • Member since:
    08-07-2016
Anyone who knows if there are more who are playing Blitz now or if there were more one year ago or two?


elzbing #2 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15352 battles
  • 313
  • Member since:
    03-22-2015
Wargaming knows.

_NormanP_ #3 Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31084 battles
  • 361
  • [ALBA]
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postelzbing, on 29 April 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

Wargaming knows.

 

But WG don't care as long as the cash is rolling in.

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

Everyone started out as a Noob, just taking me longer to grow up :)


MarsIsBrightTonight #4 Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27755 battles
  • 524
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

I don't know about years, buy on the Blitzstars homepage you can check the hourly and weekly numbers.

 


"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)


Blue_Snail #5 Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4519 battles
  • 375
  • [ALBAB]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View PostMarsIsBrightTonight, on 15 May 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

I don't know about years, buy on the Blitzstars homepage you can check the hourly and weekly numbers.

 

 

Thanks for the link.  Today was day one for me.

I've been on WoT PC for several years, and heard about the Blitz PC version.

A glorious day of Seal Clubbing.

I'm gradually de-cyphering the interface and some of the modified concepts.  Will be looking for information.

I am enjoying the new maps.

I even reached out to someone, asking for a clan invite.

I've no intention of getting serious, but would not be surprised if I grind to tier 6 or 7.

I am definitely Play4Fun and prefer platooning, using TeamSpeak.

Even without my mods, I can sometimes identify the experienced players.

I've not detected platooning, yet.

Are we PC users on the same servers as the tablet users ?



 


Chairman_merpug #6 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44677 battles
  • 8,863
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostBlue_Snail, on 22 May 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

 

Thanks for the link.  Today was day one for me.

I've been on WoT PC for several years, and heard about the Blitz PC version.

A glorious day of Seal Clubbing.

I'm gradually de-cyphering the interface and some of the modified concepts.  Will be looking for information.

I am enjoying the new maps.

I even reached out to someone, asking for a clan invite.

I've no intention of getting serious, but would not be surprised if I grind to tier 6 or 7.

I am definitely Play4Fun and prefer platooning, using TeamSpeak.

Even without my mods, I can sometimes identify the experienced players.

I've not detected platooning, yet.

Are we PC users on the same servers as the tablet users ?

The last bit depends on whether you have the "same control" setting on or off. 

Platoons are rare at tier I/II/III. If you meet one, it'll be sealclubbing. 

Experienced players at that level tend to be those who move without bumping into stuff and who shoot at and hit tanks, rather than the landscape.


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


Blue_Snail #7 Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4519 battles
  • 375
  • [ALBAB]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 May 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

The last bit depends on whether you have the "same control" setting on or off.

Platoons are rare at tier I/II/III. If you meet one, it'll be sealclubbing.

Experienced players at that level tend to be those who move without bumping into stuff and who shoot at and hit tanks, rather than the landscape.

 

TKS for the reply.  I'll check on the "same control", but I think I have it turned off.

There are few enough players as it is.

For the tablet guys, I'm guessing the one advantage they have is "auto-aim".

I have noticed the different "currencies" in Blitz.  I intuitively sense that I should hoard them until I fully understand them.

I suspect they are as precious as Free XP.

The method of getting equipment for tanks is significantly different.

Blitz is pretty generous to newcomers, which is a good policy.

That way, we are more likely to stick around as WG tries to milk us.

I am totally ignorant whether a "good" tank in WoT will be equally good in Blitz.

I'll be hunting in the Forum for info like this.



 


Chairman_merpug #8 Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44677 battles
  • 8,863
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostBlue_Snail, on 22 May 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

 

TKS for the reply.  I'll check on the "same control", but I think I have it turned off.

There are few enough players as it is.

For the tablet guys, I'm guessing the one advantage they have is "auto-aim".

I have noticed the different "currencies" in Blitz.  I intuitively sense that I should hoard them until I fully understand them.

I suspect they are as precious as Free XP.

The method of getting equipment for tanks is significantly different.

Blitz is pretty generous to newcomers, which is a good policy.

That way, we are more likely to stick around as WG tries to milk us.

I am totally ignorant whether a "good" tank in WoT will be equally good in Blitz.

I'll be hunting in the Forum for info like this.

 

As far as "good" and "bad" tanks go, there are variations from PC. If you look at www.blitzstars.com and check the Tank Compare section, that's quite useful. Also, both Blitzstars and wotbstars.com have rankings, so you can see how the WN8 rankings stack up. Just to pull an example out of the air, the DW2 is OP in Blitz at tier IV.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


Precariat #9 Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15273 battles
  • 725
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 May 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

 

As far as "good" and "bad" tanks go, there are variations from PC. If you look at www.blitzstars.com and check the Tank Compare section, that's quite useful. Also, both Blitzstars and wotbstars.com have rankings, so you can see how the WN8 rankings stack up. Just to pull an example out of the air, the DW2 is OP in Blitz at tier IV.

 

Doesn't mean other tanks can't wreck it if the driver doesn't use it properly.

Good and bad tanks will also vary from player to player


When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

 


Chairman_merpug #10 Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44677 battles
  • 8,863
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostPrecariat, on 22 May 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

Doesn't mean other tanks can't wreck it if the driver doesn't use it properly.

Good and bad tanks will also vary from player to player

 

For sure, but the top 100 etc rankings show how well the tanks perform overall, reasonably well

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


Precariat #11 Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15273 battles
  • 725
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 May 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

 

For sure, but the top 100 etc rankings show how well the tanks perform overall, reasonably well

 

Oh, I agree.A good place to start but don't beat yourself up if you don't do well in the good tank. Find tanks that suit the way you like to play. Rankings are a good starting point.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

 


Blue_Snail #12 Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4519 battles
  • 375
  • [ALBAB]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View Postmrpgilbert, on 22 May 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

 

As far as "good" and "bad" tanks go, there are variations from PC. If you look at www.blitzstars.com and check the Tank Compare section, that's quite useful. Also, both Blitzstars and wotbstars.com have rankings, so you can see how the WN8 rankings stack up. Just to pull an example out of the air, the DW2 is OP in Blitz at tier IV.

 

Once again, thanks for the links.  I will check them out.

Day 2 in Blitz, and I was lucky enough to get into a clan.

I saw a guy on the forum, and I politely asked while pointing out what I was looking for.

Today a guy platoon'd with me and got me set up in Discord.

I was flabbergasted when he told me the DW2 was an OP tank.

I bet its because it has a 75mm gun over here.

And although I have a lot of WoT experience, I knew I still had a lot to learn about the Blitz environment.

I have no problem being the humble grasshopper.  :child:


 

New guys, take note.  Find yourself a nice clan - the kind who accepts newbies.

Platooning with folks more experienced than yourself will greatly accelerate your learning.

Also, platooning really makes these silly games a lot more FUN.



 


Precariat #13 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15273 battles
  • 725
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View PostBlue_Snail, on 22 May 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

 

Once again, thanks for the links.  I will check them out.

Day 2 in Blitz, and I was lucky enough to get into a clan.

I saw a guy on the forum, and I politely asked while pointing out what I was looking for.

Today a guy platoon'd with me and got me set up in Discord.

I was flabbergasted when he told me the DW2 was an OP tank.

I bet its because it has a 75mm gun over here.

And although I have a lot of WoT experience, I knew I still had a lot to learn about the Blitz environment.

I have no problem being the humble grasshopper.  :child:


 

New guys, take note.  Find yourself a nice clan - the kind who accepts newbies.

Platooning with folks more experienced than yourself will greatly accelerate your learning.

Also, platooning really makes these silly games a lot more FUN.

 

Just remember to platoon with the same tier tanks, unless you want a real challenge

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

 


Winston_Smith84 #14 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 39095 battles
  • 1,253
  • [BRIT6]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

I have noticed in the last few days when i have looked at the player counter, when i play early evening,  that numbers appear to hover around the 17-18k mark. However, I am sure before that it used to be around the 20-23k mark. So it appears that there are less people playing? Okay not an exact science but just saying what I have observed.


Edited by Birdistheword15, 23 May 2017 - 08:15 AM.


Vagibreg #15 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30341 battles
  • 79
  • [GRMP]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2014

View PostBirdistheword15, on 23 May 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

I have noticed in the last few days when i have looked at the player counter, when i play early evening,  that numbers appear to hover around the 17-18k mark. However, I am sure before that it used to be around the 20-23k mark. So it appears that there are less people playing? Okay not an exact science but just saying what I have observed.

 

Hi Bird,

 

It's worse than that matey. During an "event" the numbers were above 30k on EU, I noticed at the times I've been playing (late / early) the player pool has been under 10k. I stopped playing on my EU main account because it's been destroyed and I hate it. I've restarted and I'm actually enjoying having nothing and working forwards. The fact the filthy wallet grabbers give me gold when I've bought nothing every day I can watch vids and get gold. They shafted me sideways and gave nothing back when I'd MADE THE MASSIVE MISTAKE and bought something in the past on my main account. I hope filthy walletgrab learns from this exercise, Russia down by 15k, EU down by 7-8k, I hope that's a whole load of wallets closed and a significant reduction in the bonuses WG pay themselves. Enjoy the "novelty" WG, I mean it's dynamic and will give you something to work towards! Right back atchya WG!



 


Winston_Smith84 #16 Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 39095 battles
  • 1,253
  • [BRIT6]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostVagibreg, on 23 May 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

 

Hi Bird,

 

It's worse than that matey. During an "event" the numbers were above 30k on EU, I noticed at the times I've been playing (late / early) the player pool has been under 10k. I stopped playing on my EU main account because it's been destroyed and I hate it. I've restarted and I'm actually enjoying having nothing and working forwards. The fact the filthy wallet grabbers give me gold when I've bought nothing every day I can watch vids and get gold. They shafted me sideways and gave nothing back when I'd MADE THE MASSIVE MISTAKE and bought something in the past on my main account. I hope filthy walletgrab learns from this exercise, Russia down by 15k, EU down by 7-8k, I hope that's a whole load of wallets closed and a significant reduction in the bonuses WG pay themselves. Enjoy the "novelty" WG, I mean it's dynamic and will give you something to work towards! Right back atchya WG!

Thank you for that information, appreciate it. I thought maybe that the player discontent and resistance was just a flash in the pan, so to speak, as 3.8 beds down but it clearly is happening. Community spirit! Great!


Edited by Birdistheword15, 23 May 2017 - 09:19 AM.


Precariat #17 Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15273 battles
  • 725
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    03-06-2017

View PostVagibreg, on 23 May 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

 

Hi Bird,

 

It's worse than that matey. During an "event" the numbers were above 30k on EU, I noticed at the times I've been playing (late / early) the player pool has been under 10k. I stopped playing on my EU main account because it's been destroyed and I hate it. I've restarted and I'm actually enjoying having nothing and working forwards. The fact the filthy wallet grabbers give me gold when I've bought nothing every day I can watch vids and get gold. They shafted me sideways and gave nothing back when I'd MADE THE MASSIVE MISTAKE and bought something in the past on my main account. I hope filthy walletgrab learns from this exercise, Russia down by 15k, EU down by 7-8k, I hope that's a whole load of wallets closed and a significant reduction in the bonuses WG pay themselves. Enjoy the "novelty" WG, I mean it's dynamic and will give you something to work towards! Right back atchya WG!

 

Very important how it goes down on the Russian servers as (so I am told) these are where the largest group of players are.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

 


Blue_Snail #18 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4519 battles
  • 375
  • [ALBAB]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

View PostPrecariat, on 22 May 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

 

Just remember to platoon with the same tier tanks, unless you want a real challenge

 

Sometimes we could create a platoon in WoT with one tier X and two tier 1's.  We would see it we could provoke some of our team to TK'ing us.  Of course, we were really being bad.  :facepalm:

Well, WoT has changed the rules and now you can only create platoons with tanks of the same tier.

Uh Oh, you've just given me a bad idea.  I may try the same thing here on occasion.  It will give me a chance to see some of the high tier maps.  :trollface:

I am really enjoying the maps in Blitz.



 


Chairman_merpug #19 Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44677 battles
  • 8,863
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostBlue_Snail, on 24 May 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

 

Sometimes we could create a platoon in WoT with one tier X and two tier 1's.  We would see it we could provoke some of our team to TK'ing us.  Of course, we were really being bad.  :facepalm:

Well, WoT has changed the rules and now you can only create platoons with tanks of the same tier.

Uh Oh, you've just given me a bad idea.  I may try the same thing here on occasion.  It will give me a chance to see some of the high tier maps.  :trollface:

I am really enjoying the maps in Blitz.

 

You can only failtoon with one tier above or below, sadly. But this does drag tanks back to +/-2, which can be amusing. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


chad_fantastic #20 Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11645 battles
  • 910
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011

View PostBlue_Snail, on 22 May 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

I have noticed the different "currencies" in Blitz.  I intuitively sense that I should hoard them until I fully understand them.

I suspect they are as precious as Free XP.

The method of getting equipment for tanks is significantly different.

Blitz is pretty generous to newcomers, which is a good policy.

You do get a good chunk of gold for sure and best policy is sit on it. Every few months you get a sale on in tech tree premiums from tier V down and you'll be able to pick up a tier V and tier III for the starting gold. 

 

As for seeing higher tier maps, the training rooms are a great resource to use. You can run your own against any map in any tank or you can look at training rooms being ran by other people, often they'll have a specified game goal or tank mix that might suit your lower tier tanks. Driving around is useful but watching others in a game more exploit the landscape is very revealing.  

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users