progression

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Precariat #41 Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

True, it is down to really getting a handle on a tank, maybe one day I'll learn not to suck on the UC 2pdr

I try to give a tank 40-50 battles before putting into the "I'll get back to you when I've learned how to play".

Took me a long while to suck-less in the US tier I T1. I tried to copy what I saw in videos but I'd always run into half the reds all with their guns pointing at me :ohmy: that tank does not turn quickly enough. I'm better playing lights now so it would be a different experience, maybe. Then it started to click, same with the Cruiser III. Suddenly it falls into place and you feel like it's OP (even when you are low tier).

i'm having the same issue with the T-28 at the moment, feels like a big scout tank. Maybe I need a different gun on it, I'll figure it out by the time I unlock the KV-1 right?

People rave about the DW2, but if you look on Blitzstars it's average WR is 48%. I do get a few 1k damage games in it but we usually loose.

Sometimes you  need to use the free xp. One of the US TD (T-40?) starts with a gun that has no penetration (12 iirc), so I "cheated" and immediately upgraded the gun. I try not to use the free xp but I wasn't going to have all those 0 damage games before I could be a proper TD.

For me the Marder II is stupidly OP, but I use it to corner peek-a-boom in close support and I don't see others doing that very often.

Edited by Precariat, 02 June 2017 - 04:49 PM.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

sixty_three #42 Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

Yes, 40-50 battles seems like a reasonable average benchmark - unless the grind to the "usable" gun takes you longer.  In hindsight I think I was mistaken to use my free XP to accelerate crew skills, rather than avoid suffering from sub-par guns.

The KV-1 has a lot of fans on this forum.  However I think I'm going to hone my heavy tank skills in the B1.  Which plays more like an elongated D2 medium, a tank which suits my supportive playstyle. 

I'm one of those people who play the Marder like a sniper at long range - but only to average (WR 47%) impact. So you may have hit upon something here with your peek-a-boom strategy!

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Precariat #43 Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postsixty_three, on 02 June 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

I'm one of those people who play the Marder like a sniper at long range - but only to average (WR 47%) impact. So you may have hit upon something here with your peek-a-boom strategy!

The Marder has an amazing Aiming Arc, you certainly can play it as a long range sniper but using that arc to quickly shoot around corners and then hide again from closer ranges (not-point blank) helps counter the dispersion.

It's an example of finding the areas where a tank excels and exploiting it.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users