Chi-Ni or Ha-Go?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

N00basaurus #1 Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5111 battles
  • [ALBAB]

Which one is the better 5.7 cm platform? Gun performance is pretty much the same, but there are some chassis differences.

The Chi-Ni has better hull armour and a higher credit coefficient (making HEAT cheaper to use), while the Ha-Go is faster, more maneuvrable, and has better gun handling (lower dispersion on movement/rotation, better depression).

Female crew voicepacks please!

Reclassify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer!

IrmaBecx #2 Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23720 battles
  • [IRMA]

I went for the Chi-Ni, not so much because of it, but because of the tanks that follow; the Chi-Ha and Chi-He, both of which are excellent gun platforms. The tier IV Chi-He remains one of my absolute favourite tanks in the game.

That said, the autoloading Ke-Ni at tier III is also fantastic.

The Mediums are of course slower overall, but have slightly higher DPM, otherwise the guns are either similar or exactly the same. If you are planning on doing the whole line, the Mediums are more in line with what you can expect from the higher tier tanks.

Remember none of these tanks are especially easy to play; Japs are considered one of the hardest grinds in the game, but they will teach you some valuable lessons that will translate to other tanks. If you can drive Japanese, you can drive anything!

Best of luck. :)

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

N00basaurus #3 Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5111 battles
  • [ALBAB]
Oh, I've long since passed them, and yes, Chi-Ha/Chi-He are solid tanks (not so enthused about Ke-Ni) but I'm thinking about returning, since I've only played about a dozen battles in either of the tier 2s.

Edited by N00basaurus, 03 May 2017 - 12:24 PM.

IrmaBecx #4 Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23720 battles
  • [IRMA]

Hmm. In that case maybe the Light tank would be more fun. 40 kph isn't super fast for a Light tank, but it's still 10 kph faster than the Chi-Ha. The question is, does 5 degrees of gun depression make a difference to you? 10 degrees is pretty good, but the Ha-Go gets 15. Depending on your gameplay, that may or may not be a selling point.

Other than that, the guns are exactly the same, so it's really a question of gameplay. Do you prefer to play a Medium or a Light tank playstyle? Keeping in mind the gameplay at tier II is pretty chaotic, so will you be able to take advantage of Light tank strengths like speed and camo?

For me, the credits are also a big selling point. There is no reason why you shouldn't be making credits hand over fist in the Medium. Earnings at tier II arent spectacular, but it adds up, and I always feel a little better driving a tank I know can pay for itself.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Titus_Scato #5 Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40818 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostN00basaurus, on 03 May 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Which one is the better 5.7 cm platform? Gun performance is pretty much the same, but there are some chassis differences.

The Chi-Ni has better hull armour and a higher credit coefficient (making HEAT cheaper to use), while the Ha-Go is faster, more maneuvrable, and has better gun handling (lower dispersion on movement/rotation, better depression).

​Actually the Chi-Ni has better gun depression than the Ha-Go when using the 5.7 cm gun.  The Chi-Ni has -15 degrees (when aimed directly forward), the Ha-Go has only -6 all around.

The Ha-Go only gets -15 gun depression when using the 3.7 cm gun.  (I recommend the Type 98 3.7 cm gun and the stock Type 95 turret for the Ha-Go.  The stock turret has thinner armour than the top one, and also 40 fewer hit points - but the stock turret is much smaller than the top one, and is very hard to hit when you're hull down and moving back and forth.

N00basaurus #6 Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5111 battles
  • [ALBAB]
Are the Blitzstars stats wrong 0_o?  They're almost opposite of the ones you've posted. According to the comparison tool, the Chi-Ni has -10° depression while the Ha-Go has -15°, with any gun/turret combination.

Titus_Scato #7 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40818 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostN00basaurus, on 04 May 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

Are the Blitzstars stats wrong 0_o?  They're almost opposite of the ones you've posted. According to the comparison tool, the Chi-Ni has -10° depression while the Ha-Go has -15°, with any gun/turret combination.

Yes.

Check the armour inspector app for accurate gun depression.

http://armorinspector.com/en/webapp

N00basaurus #8 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5111 battles
  • [ALBAB]
Oh. I had no idea. Pity, the blitzstars compare tool is great, or, rather, would be if it had updated numbers.

N00basaurus #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5111 battles
  • [ALBAB]
Bumping this thread to say that the latest version of Armor Inspector now uses Blitzstars values, that is the Chi-Ni has -15° depression in the front but, -10° on the sides and -8° to the rear, whereas the Ha-Go has -15° depression on all sides. Both using the 5.7 cm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users