Military Honor

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Complaining about the unwelcome and praising the worthy.

Full news text

I_slapped_a_pet_badger #2 Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42083 battles
  • [VG]

Or, more likely getting reported by the red team for unsportsmanlike conduct when you do well, and your own team for not saving them from their own stupidity. 

Seems like a pointless addition when efforts of the dev team could be better spent by fixing the various other game issues. 

Psychovadge #3 Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32256 battles
  • [VG]

View PostHaving_sex_with_squid, on 23 May 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Or, more likely getting reported by the red team for unsportsmanlike conduct when you do well, and your own team for not saving them from their own stupidity. 

Seems like a pointless addition when efforts of the dev team could be better spent by fixing the various other game issues. 

Getting a 'in platoon' light next to your name must be like trying to find the cure for cancer at WG.

mrpgilbert #4 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32362 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPsychovadge, on 23 May 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Getting a 'in platoon' light next to your name must be like trying to find the cure for cancer at WG.

Available for only 10 gold per use from update 3.11

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Vagibreg #5 Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22142 battles
  • [GRMP]

WG - The word is Honour, I know your Edited but please learn how to spell. Oh.... hang on.... I get it. You don't understand what honour is!! I recognised this because you abuse and disrespect your player base with every action. Well go and look it up - I've spelled it out for you above so no excuse for being too thick to read a dictionary.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Edited by VMX, 25 May 2017 - 01:32 PM.

Acids_Burn #6 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32690 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostVagibreg, on 24 May 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

WG - The word is Honour, I know your Edited but please learn how to spell. Oh.... hang on.... I get it. You don't understand what honour is!! I recognised this because you abuse and disrespect your player base with every action. Well go and look it up - I've spelled it out for you above so no excuse for being too thick to read a dictionary.

well....i do see your point there but i must say you are wrong.

The word "honor" has 2 (two) correct spellings - British (honour) and American (honor)

"There is a group of words in the English language that have the same dual spelling option as honor. ... But words like color, favor, and honor—spelled as such in American English—are colour, favour, and honour in British English."

Edited by VMX, 25 May 2017 - 01:33 PM.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

mrpgilbert #7 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32362 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAcids_Burn, on 24 May 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

The word "honor" has 2 (two) correct spellings - British (honour) and American (honor)

"There is a group of words in the English language that have the same dual spelling option as honor. ... But words like color, favor, and honor—spelled as such in American English—are colour, favour, and honour in British English."

And which side of the Atlantic are we on?

Be nice to me..

Acids_Burn #8 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32690 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 24 May 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

And which side of the Atlantic are we on?

Yeah...well... no one said anything about the Atlantic's sides.

Also i'd like to mention that the spell check in the forum marks the word "honour" as a misspelled word unlike "honor" so maybe...just maybe,.... in the light  of the fact that  none of the forums moderators' native tongue is English this might actually be a honest mistake or lack of knowledge

And one more thing id like to mention - when one writes a comment like the one i quoted (EDIT: I'm referring to the comment made by Vagibreg) maybe should try and use proper grammar too.

I mean.... you write a salty comment how someone did not spell "honour"  correctly when it actually has two correct spellings and in the same time you use "your" instead of "you're".

Also i did not try to argue or do whatever you guys might think i wanted to do with my comment.

As i said - "well....i do see your point there but i must say you are wrong."

And what made me write it is the above mentioned reason - you have no right to criticize someone who wrote "honor" instead of "honour" when you can not make proper use of "your" and "you're"

For me - case closed.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that some countries (like mine for example) teach American English in schools and outside schools instead of British English. Unless you go and look specifically for a teacher to teach you British English. So maybe the mod's country does the same?

Edited by Acids_Burn, 24 May 2017 - 03:00 PM.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

mrpgilbert #9 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32362 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAcids_Burn, on 24 May 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Yeah...well... no one said anything about the Atlantic's sides.

Also i'd like to mention that the spell check in the forum marks the word "honour" as a misspelled word unlike "honor" so maybe...just maybe,.... in the light  of the fact that  none of the forums moderators' native tongue is English this might actually be a honest mistake or lack of knowledge

And one more thing id like to mention - when one writes a comment like the one i quoted maybe should try and use proper grammar too.

I mean.... you write a salty comment how someone did not spell "honour"  correctly when it actually has two correct spellings and in the same time you use "your" instead of "you're".

Also i did not try to argue or do whatever you guys might think i wanted to do with my comment.

As i said - "well....i do see your point there but i must say you are wrong."

And what made me write it is the above mentioned reason - you have no right to criticize someone who wrote "honor" instead of "honour" when you can not make proper use of "your" and "you're"

For me - case closed.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that some countries (like mine for example) teach American English in schools and outside schools instead of British English. Unless you go and look specifically for a teacher to teach you British English. So maybe the mod's country does the same?

I didn't use the word "your" or "you're". However, the reason your spellchecker is using the merkin spelling is because you've got the spellchecker set to it. I'm very aware of the pervasive nature of the transatlantic variant of the language, and deplore it. Using it here is because WG are too bone idle to have two sets of English spelling and pronunciation across the two servers. I'd be curious to know if they do the same for Spanish on NA and EU (and Asia, I suppose), and French on NA and EU. 

Be nice to me..

Acids_Burn #10 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32690 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 24 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

I didn't use the word "your" or "you're". However, the reason your spellchecker is using the merkin spelling is because you've got the spellchecker set to it. I'm very aware of the pervasive nature of the transatlantic variant of the language, and deplore it. Using it here is because WG are too bone idle to have two sets of English spelling and pronunciation across the two servers. I'd be curious to know if they do the same for Spanish on NA and EU (and Asia, I suppose), and French on NA and EU. 

OMG dude...where exactly did you see me saying that you used "your" or "you're"???

I was talking about the first comment i replied to - the comment that was written by Vagibreg.

Maybe i was unclear in my response to you. I'll edit it for more clarity.

EDIT: I do know that the way i express myself to some if not most people sound a bit too....aggressive? salty? rude? .... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls.... so... yeah.... im not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

Edited by Acids_Burn, 24 May 2017 - 03:03 PM.

mrpgilbert #11 Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32362 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostAcids_Burn, on 24 May 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

OMG dude...where exactly did you see me saying that you used "your" or "you're"???

I was talking about the first comment i replied to - the comment that was written by Vagibreg.

Maybe i was unclear in my response to you. I'll edit it for more clarity.

EDIT: I do know that the way i express myself to some if not most people sound a bit too....aggressive? salty? rude? .... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls.... so... yeah.... im not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

Use the multiquote function, if you can, then you're not going to be misunderstood.

And tolerance is a great thing, oils the wheels of social intercourse. Nothing wrong with the occasional sprinkle of salt, it's just that too much is bad for your blood pressure. Chill.

Be nice to me..

Verblonde #12 Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4638 battles
  • [9TH]
Leaving aside the egregious misspelling of 'honour', I'm not convinced this idea is an entirely good one; the positives bit is good, but not the negatives - do we really need more scope for trolls to abuse people?

mrpgilbert #13 Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32362 battles
  • [AFK]
Any chance of a "fat fingers" vote change option? Down voted the wrong player yesterday, couldn't change it.

Be nice to me..

migac #14 Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23937 battles
  • [VIVE]

There is no problem with this system, stupid players will be voting on you, but most of them are 45% WR noobs, which will be at 1 or zero stars, so hopefully they will think about reporting as a "joke".

killerkiller777 #15 Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29599 battles
  • [TNG]

The idea is good and will work if voting people are honest but the system still need some adjustments like for example, I got bad ping and after capturing a base I started to go through whatever was in front of my tank (walls, buildings, other tanks, etc) then got disconnected (this was during the battle after one minute or so). Until I got back the connection to the server, the battle was finished and I was reported as "Inactive in battle" which is inaccurate. So, I think the software can "verify" if some information are correct or not because the software logged my activity and can compare it with what user reported. Also, for example, the system allow to report as "Inactive in battle" a player who does the most damage for his team and so on. These things can be corrected automatically by the software or the options to be disabled for the person who gives the vote just in order to eliminate all kind of errors made with or without intention.

Overall, this kind of system will make people think twice before starting to slang, block team mates, troll, abuse and so on. Also, the most choleric ones will calm down during the battle and will wait until the end of the battle to vent or to pour their venom (negative vote) on the "bad" players. Also, I hope, that this system will make people much more responsible and to play for the team thinking that they can get a negative vote if, let's say, they are just stubborn and go left when all the team goes right.

Edited by killerkiller777, 25 May 2017 - 11:39 AM.

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Vagibreg #16 Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22142 battles
  • [GRMP]

View PostAcids_Burn, on 24 May 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Not in ENGLISH it doesn't it has one spelling Honour. And as I am English, Playing on the European Server with English language selected, I do not expect to be addressed in slack jawed American. The fact americans can't cope with syllables is not my problem.

Verblonde #17 Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4638 battles
  • [9TH]
We shouldn't be too hard on those who use Simplified (American) English: it's the equivalent of being mean to a two-year-old for reading books with chewable pages...

uggel #18 Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39458 battles
  • [MAMI]

I got one complaint early for inactivity, but thats not my M.O. (suicide missions are ;)

It wuld be nice to know, what battle and ecpecially why? Well one is not biggie, but still...

killerkiller777 #19 Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29599 battles
  • [TNG]

View Postuggel, on 25 May 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

I got one complaint early for inactivity, but thats not my M.O. (suicide missions are ;)

It wuld be nice to know, what battle and ecpecially why? Well one is not biggie, but still...

You can see in which battle you have been voted only if you will check your "Military Honour" status before and after each battle. You do not know which player voted you (and this is fair) because, if you know, you will down / up vote that player too.

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Eulengesicht_2014 #20 Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 91130 battles
  • [DMX]

Can I imagine: the worst player on the EUServer:

worst player.png

and it goes well: last night the player striked by a battle in the green team with announcement! Zero DMG and no move in the fight.

Edit: the player are obviously banned from the game actually, can't find him. 

Edited by Eulengesicht_2014, 25 May 2017 - 10:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users