• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Dassem_ #21 Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26884 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postobassu2, on 23 May 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

I agree with the premium ammo nerf and I think it is a step closer to a balanced gameplay.

But : are they necesary ?, does anyone buy premium ammo with gold anymore, premium tanks and premium tanks seem a better income source for WG.In my opinion we should still have APCR ; HEAT etc. as secondary ammo but with balanced carracteristics.

Example : APCR should have better velocity than AP but less normalisation and penetration ( I pulled this example out of my butt, don't judge me )

P.S. : can WG do something with 1 t7 vs. 6 t8s ?

the problem is some players cant afford premium time or tanks, so they are always struggling to get credits. Such players may be forced to run without prammo, as well as provisions. 

when these players meet a player that can afford to load all prammo, the advantage for the rich player is considerable! 

after 3.9, the rich player will no longer have such an advantage. If he loads and fires only prammo, he gets a 15% dpm nerf. 

this change levels the table. it reduces the divide between rich and poor. i applaud it! (despite me living in Richville and using 100$ notes to light my cigars. in in-game richness that is)

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

V2_X_ #22 Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3288 battles
  • [PN1]

View PostDassem_, on 23 May 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

the problem is some players cant afford premium time or tanks, so they are always struggling to get credits. Such players may be forced to run without prammo, as well as provisions. 

when these players meet a player that can afford to load all prammo, the advantage for the rich player is considerable! 

after 3.9, the rich player will no longer have such an advantage. If he loads and fires only prammo, he gets a 15% dpm nerf. 

this change levels the table. it reduces the divide between rich and poor. i applaud it! (despite me living in Richville and using 100$ notes to light my cigars. in in-game richness that is)

I smell communistic ideas hanging around,  they are russians anyway, but they want both money and their ideas.

obassu2 #23 Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2862 battles

Yeah, but what do you think about my ideea ?

Dassem_ #24 Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26884 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postobassu2, on 23 May 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Yeah, but what do you think about my ideea ?

I not sure if I can condone non-historical shells. As you may notice in garage, the shells in game are mostly historical rounds.

The lower damage from prammo kind of makes sense. A penetrating APCR or HEAT round delivers less mass through the hole than a AP round would. In reality, a penning hit is usually fatal in any case, but as blitz operates with hitpoints, it makes sense.

REVERSE 3.8!!!  (and check out The Dassem Channel, youtube.)

obassu2 #25 Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2862 battles

View PostDassem_, on 23 May 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

I not sure if I can condone non-historical shells. As you may notice in garage, the shells in game are mostly historical rounds.

The lower damage from prammo kind of makes sense. A penetrating APCR or HEAT round delivers less mass through the hole than a AP round would. In reality, a penning hit is usually fatal in any case, but as blitz operates with hitpoints, it makes sense.

I know they are, but this game ain't no Warthunder, ain't it ? ; )

This game sreems arcade.

obassu2 #26 Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2862 battles
The ammo will keep it's general charracteristics but they will be "balanced"

Titus_Scato #27 Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39160 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostDassem_, on 23 May 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

The change to APCR makes sense.

But HEAT sprays superheated metal around the inside of the tank.  It may have less mass than an AP warhead, but it has a greater chance of wounding crew members and causing an engine fire or an ammo rack detonation than AP or APCR.

I'm not happy with the damage reduction to HEAT unless it is compensated for with a higher chance of crew injuries and a higher chance of an ammo rack explosion.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 23 May 2017 - 07:11 PM.

AvalancheZ250 #28 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3712 battles
  • [6FT4]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 23 May 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Well, I do think the claim that the intention is towards improving the game balance is genuine. But I can't argue with your conclusion either way. :)

I don't remember if I used to fire more or less Premium ammo when I was a noob. These days, I don't use it a whole lot because, similarly, I've learned to play on the flanks driving a lot of Mediums. But there is also the fact that the more I play, and the better I become, the less hesitant I am to actually use Premium shells in those situations where I feel it's needed.

This. I use gold shells accordingly now, for the super hard pens (trying to pen a KV-5 with the Type-62 is a nightmare unless you can get behind that monster) and for securing kills/wins. 

I still think gold ammo use should be introduced in a different way. 

AvalancheZ250 #29 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3712 battles
  • [6FT4]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 23 May 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

The change to APCR makes sense.

But HEAT sprays superheated metal around the inside of the tank.  It may have less mass than an AP warhead, but it has a greater chance of wounding crew members and causing an engine fire or an ammo rack detonation than AP or APCR.

I'm not happy with the damage reduction to HEAT unless it is compensated for with a higher chance of crew injuries and a higher chance of an ammo rack explosion.

Fair enough. I'd like to see this also.  It also has the HE explosion on impact animation, so more reason to make them more similar.

Something like a +5% chance to damage modules/crew (excluding tracks) on impact? 

FuselierX #30 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33458 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View Postthe_Bully, on 23 May 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yeah. Driving OP armor and those noobs dare to use prammo. Possible pancakes just like me. How dare they.

There's a difference between good armor and OP armor, maus, e100, is7, ST-I have OP armor when played right. I'm talking about tanks like is8, m103 etc which can be penned without using prammo. Pancakes (like you so to read) immediatly switch to prammo and all you see is a nice yellow shine. But keep on spamming, we need to save energy on the lighting anyway

Cancia 'u Maestru, ma 'a Musica e Sempre 'a Stissa 

Titus_Scato #31 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39160 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostAvalancheZ250, on 23 May 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

In fact, I think premium ammo should be locked until you get a certain amount of battles. By not firing a single gold round until I got to Tier X (and elited my first Tier X) I had to learn how to flank, immobilize and (ab)use camo the hard and effective way. 

A Tier 1 tank armed with a 13mm autocannon is going to have a serious problem penning a D1 without using prammo...

romsitsa #32 Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40231 battles
  • [VG]

This is not true. There are several id iotproof low tier tanks that can finance high tier prammo spam or consumable missuse without any financial investment. If one doesn't want to grind credits, but spam prammo is a user error.

A

Edited by romsitsa, 24 May 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Acids_Burn #33 Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33989 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostDassem_, on 23 May 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Sooo.... by that logic lets fck up provisions and camo paint because someone can not afford them? thats just not right. even without prem account and without prem tanks you can make enough credits. if you learn how to play properly that is. if you are a moron you will be in the red even with a prem tank combined with a prem account. I know it couse ive done it. many times.

Edited by Acids_Burn, 24 May 2017 - 05:40 PM.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

Also tagged with Gameplay, Premium ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users